Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's TV Projects for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot to mention, Lilikoiluv, that I don't know if Tom Felton is in the musical crossovers.   He wasn't listed in the Buzzfeed article to be among the actors who are singing, but he stay may be in the musical crossover in a non-singing role?  

From dailydarrennews:

karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_ol5e2458tH1uetdyxo1_500

Natalie is a journalist for Entertainment Weekly

Aw, this is sweet (Darren being his usual kind self): 

greysfan wrote:
greysfan:

So I just saw Darren Criss on set of The Flash, and I said hi. He smiled, said hi and waved back. It’s amazing how such a small thing can make me so happy, but Darren has that effect….. love the guy so much and how nice he always is :happy face

(via mypatronusismalec)

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

42karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:25 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Lilikoiluv wrote:I have to admit that I too was a bit disappointed that the Music Meister's garish costume and red!hair from the cartoon is not making an appearance.  Seeing Darren going all out in that costume would have been hilarious, and I'm sure Darren would have enjoyed playing off of it too. lol.

I think we're gonna see the MM costume. You don't bring such character in a episode without showing him with his costume at some point. Have we ever seen a Batman movie with the Joker in regular clothes all along ? 

Poppy wrote:I forgot to mention, Lilikoiluv, that I don't know if Tom Felton is in the musical crossovers.   He wasn't listed in the Buzzfeed article to be among the actors who are singing, but he stay may be in the musical crossover in a non-singing role?

Well, he's not on this page : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5668430/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Poppy wrote:Aw, this is sweet (Darren being his usual kind self):  

greysfan wrote:
greysfan:

So I just saw Darren Criss on set of The Flash, and I said hi. He smiled, said hi and waved back. It’s amazing how such a small thing can make me so happy, but Darren has that effect….. love the guy so much and how nice he always is karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 3308115737

(via mypatronusismalec)

Seriously, I firstly thought the "small thing" was Darren, what I didn't find very kind :amused

43karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Seriously, I firstly thought the "small thing" was Darren, what I didn't find very kind karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 3295213406

ha!  Jeremy, seriously, you are so funny. Thanks for making me laugh!  :thank you

Hope you are right about showing Darren in a MM costume!

44karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:29 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Do you know where this comes from ?

Spoiler:

45karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It was on an HBO special, "Six by Sondheim."

http://ew.com/article/2013/11/22/six-by-sondheim-darren-criss-jeremy-jordan-america-ferrera/

46karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, I must have lived in a cave for a while because I wasn't aware of that wha?

47karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:26 pm

About those glasses Darren was wearing, I thought they were the same ones Carlos is wearing here:
Poppy wrote:Another pic.  You can see more pics here:  endlesslyklaine
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_okx73krvsL1qayexuo4_1280
endlesslyklaine

First look at Darren Criss on the set of The Flash/Supergirl Crossover, February 3rd, 2017.

dailydarrennews

so I figured Darren just stole them for a selfie (any bets on whether or not he's ever posting it? Razz) ...or is it the other way around?

Lilikoiluv wrote:ETA:  Is John Barrowman one of the actors that some fans were hoping would show up as Blaine's dad at some point in the show?  I seem to recall his name for this, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong.
Yep, that was one of them! He looks more like Cooper, but I found some posts from S2, so it was probably mostly because there was a lot of overlap between Glee and Doctor Who/Torchwood fans at the time. :laughing
I wasn't aware he was in this, now I also want a selfie with him, and with Tom Felton! Fingers crossed Darren or the others will take mercy on me, at least after the episode airs.

48karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:30 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's ok, Jeremy.  You probably were just busy with life.  It happens to all of us.  :happy face 

Lin, you are so observant.  Both you and Lilikoiluv seem to notice these details.  (I, on the other hand, just notice Darren's smile and his hair.  :amused )

I want to see that pic that Darren took. 

Lin wrote:Yep, that was one of them! He looks more like Cooper, but I found some posts from S2, so it was probably mostly because there was a lot of overlap between Glee and Doctor Who/Torchwood fans at the time. karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 1021284439
I wasn't aware he was in this, now I also want a selfie with him, and with Tom Felton! Fingers crossed Darren or the others will take mercy on me, at least after the episode airs.

Thanks for your answer.  You and Lilikoiluv are just little encyclopedias of Darren-related knowledge!

He would have been a good choice for Mr. Anderson (that is, before we found out that Mrs. Anderson was not Asian, so then fans assumed Mr. Anderson must be Asian . . .  unless one disregarded that comment from Rachel about Euro-Asian babies). 

karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Arrow1
Source

ha!  I didn't know he was also on Dr. Who and Torchwood.

Yes, more selfies!  One with the StarKid connections (Carlos and Darren), one with all the Glee connections (Grant, Melissa, Zach), one with the Harry Potter connections (Tom, Darren, and Carlos), and one for the Dr. Who/Torchwood fans (with John Barrowman).    The more, the merrier!

49karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:45 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It's ok, Jeremy.  You probably were just busy with life.  It happens to all of us.  karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 3308115737 

I see it was released before I began to watch Glee (yeah, I began to watch the show while season 5 was on air). I thought I had catched up with everything but I was wrong lol.

50karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:43 am

Lin wrote:About those glasses Darren was wearing, I thought they were the same ones Carlos is wearing here:
Poppy wrote:Another pic.  You can see more pics here:  endlesslyklaine
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_okx73krvsL1qayexuo4_1280
endlesslyklaine

First look at Darren Criss on the set of The Flash/Supergirl Crossover, February 3rd, 2017.

dailydarrennews

so I figured Darren just stole them for a selfie (any bets on whether or not he's ever posting it? Razz) ...or is it the other way around?
You are definitely our ace DCFF CSI, Lin. You are so right. I didn't even notice Carlos' Vibe costume. Taking a selfie with Carolos and the glasses sounds like something Darren would do. lol. I'm hoping that Darren has some punny "Vibe" remark he wants to add to the pic so that he posts it. Wink

I didn't even notice any glasses in that grainy first pic we got, Poppy.  You have excellent eyes! And noticing Darren's hair and beautiful smile is ALWAYS a distracting priority.   :amused  

Jeremy wrote:I think we're gonna see the MM costume. You don't bring such character in a episode without showing him with his costume at some point. Have we ever seen a Batman movie with the Joker in regular clothes all along ? 
True, Jeremy, true. Here's hoping that you're right. That costume is just too outrageous to leave out of the episode. If they don't use it, I guess it could be because of the darker storylines this is following. You've got me still hoping though! 

Lin wrote:
Yep, that was one of them! He looks more like Cooper, but I found some posts from S2, so it was probably mostly because there was a lot of overlap between Glee and Doctor Who/Torchwood fans at the time. :laughing 
Thanks for the confirmation, Lin!  I didn't realize he was in Doctor Who/Torchwood. I just remember him kinda matching the "classic good looks" that Blaine and Cooper could have inherited from their father.

I didn't think about Blaine's dad needing to change after the wedding Poppy, but now I seem to recall people mentioning that too!  Ah, Glee.   All we could have had if you had only cast Lea Salonga as Blaine's mom. I know that John Barrowman had said he wanted to be on Glee, as did Lea. Lea, John, probably Darren, and so much of the fandom would have been so happy for this...and the storylines it could have brought!  

Lin wrote:I wasn't aware he was in this, now I also want a selfie with him, and with Tom Felton! Fingers crossed Darren or the others will take mercy on me, at least after the episode airs.

Poppy wrote:Yes, more selfies!  One with the StarKid connections (Carlos and Darren), one with all the Glee connections (Grant, Melissa, Zach), one with the Harry Potter connections (Tom, Darren, and Carlos), and one for the Dr. Who/Torchwood fans (with John Barrowman).    The more, the merrier!
Yes! I'm glad you both agree with me that this definitely needs to happen!  To the Cast and Crew of "The Flash" and "Supergirl": Please see Poppy's list above for your essential pre-, during, and post-episode tweeting/instagramming posting, please and thank you.

51karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren has done so many projects, and there is so much of his work that is on the internet.   I'm still finding things I haven't seen before.   But it's always fun to discover one of his past projects.  :happy face

Lilikoiluv wrote:I'm hoping that Darren has some punny "Vibe" remark he wants to add to the pic so that he posts it. karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 1957542852

That would be just like Darren!

Hmmm.  Now, I'm not so sure if Darren is wearing glasses in this pic.   It's hard to tell, but maybe it's just because one of those weird lines falls on  his face.  I guess we'll find out soon enough. 
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_oku2hpWCYI1uetdyxo1_1280
@thereCgoes_ #TheFlash shooting a scene with Kid Flash, Vibe, Martian Manhunter & Darren Criss as Music Meister (Homer and Dunsmuir) @WhatsFilming

Lilikoiluv wrote:Ah, Glee.   All we could have had if you had only cast Lea Salonga as Blaine's mom. I know that John Barrowman had said he wanted to be on Glee, as did Lea. Lea, John, probably Darren, and so much of the fandom would have been so happy for this...and the storylines it could have brought! 

I so wanted Lea Salonga to play Darren's mom, and like you said, she wanted to be on Glee too.  And I would have loved to have one family scene with Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, Cooper and Blaine together. . .  :love

Lilikoiluv wrote:Yes! I'm glad you both agree with me that this definitely needs to happen!  To the Cast and Crew of "The Flash" and "Supergirl": Please see Poppy's list above for your essential pre-, during, and post-episode tweeting/instagramming posting, please and thank you.

haha.  You tell them, Lilikoiluv!  :fingers crossed

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

52karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:38 am

Poppy wrote:Darren has done so many projects, and there is so much of his work that is on the internet.   I'm still finding things I haven't seen before.   But it's always fun to discover one of his past projects.  karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 3308115737 
Yes, we Darren fans are blessed with Darren's career sort of parallelling the advent of social media. I remember anxiously awaiting those few youtube videos for his gigs in small venues from those early dedicated fans, and the only way I knew how to "chat" about Darren was through the youtube comments/messaging. lol. I'm so happy and proud that we now have a plethora of Darren videos/pictures/stories from his many and varied projects, and I'm STILL thankful to those fans that generously record and share their experiences.  heart 

Here's a cute pic of Darren and John Barrowman from. . . of all people . . . DARREN's instagram! (via DDN)
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_ol8ejoSBWk1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: You ever get the feeling that @johnscotbarrowman is lurking nearby?
:big grin
I'm enjoying how he's been using and having fun with his twitter/instagram accounts recently, and how he's been teasing us about what he has: 

karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_ol8d6jpRYG1uetdyxo1_500
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_ol8d6jpRYG1uetdyxo2_500
via DDN
His first tweet doesn't reassure me that the second tweet will happen. lol. Please don't forget to post those bts pics/vids Darren!  :fingers crossed

53karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

Lilikoiluv wrote:I didn't think about Blaine's dad needing to change after the wedding Poppy, but now I seem to recall people mentioning that too!  Ah, Glee.   All we could have had if you had only cast Lea Salonga as Blaine's mom. I know that John Barrowman had said he wanted to be on Glee, as did Lea. Lea, John, probably Darren, and so much of the fandom would have been so happy for this...and the storylines it could have brought!  
I didn't know he wanted to be on Glee. Sigh, Glee! I didn't have my heart set on anyone for Blaine's dad, I just would have liked to see him at all ... but Lea Salonga is still Blaine's mom in my mind. It's not like the random lady at the wedding had any significance anyway.  :cry Oh well, at least we had Cooper for that one glorious episode!
Lilikoiluv wrote:Here's a cute pic of Darren and John Barrowman from. . . of all people . . . DARREN's instagram!

I'm enjoying how he's been using and having fun with his twitter/instagram accounts recently, and how he's been teasing us about what he has: 

His first tweet doesn't reassure me that the second tweet will happen. lol. Please don't forget to post those bts pics/vids Darren!  :fingers crossed

PLOT TWIST!
Lol, he's having one of his social media phases. I'm also a tiny bit skeptical that it's going to last until next month. But since he's being so good right now and already crossed off the picture with Barrowman, I'm adding a silly video with any of the cast to the wish list. You can do it, Darren, I believe in you!

Poppy wrote:Lin, you are so observant.  Both you and Lilikoiluv seem to notice these details.  (I, on the other hand, just notice Darren's smile and his hair.  :amused
:laughing
How about we take to best of both worlds and focus on Darren-details, like his eyelashes in the pic above? :happy face
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 NwEKUaP

54karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lilikoiluv wrote:Yes, we Darren fans are blessed with Darren's career sort of parallelling the advent of social media. I remember anxiously awaiting those few youtube videos for his gigs in small venues from those early dedicated fans, and the only way I knew how to "chat" about Darren was through the youtube comments/messaging. lol. I'm so happy and proud that we now have a plethora of Darren videos/pictures/stories from his many and varied projects, and I'm STILL thankful to those fans that generously record and share their experiences.  karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 1553217600

Well said, Lilikoiluv!  I agree, we are so lucky for these devoted fans of Darren who want to share their audios, videos and pics with the rest of us Darren fans. :thank you   It's interesting to hear Lilikoiluv, how in the early days of your following Darren, how you only had the Youtube comments/messaging as a way to chat with other Darren fans.   Thank goodness for early Youtube videos of Darren!   But now, yes, it's great that we have so many more avenues of finding Darren's many projects through Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook.  

Love that pic of Darren's apprehensive face with a sneaky-looking John Barrowman behind him!  Cute! 

Haha!  Lilikoiluv, your comment made me laugh: :laughing 
Lilikoiluv wrote:Here's a cute pic of Darren and John Barrowman from. . . of all people . . . DARREN's instagram! (via DDN)

Thanks for posting Darren's tweets, Lilikoiluv. 

And you made me laugh even harder with this other comment of yours, Lilikoiluv:
Lilikoiluv wrote:His first tweet doesn't reassure me that the second tweet will happen. lol. Please don't forget to post those bts pics/vids Darren!  karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 264538070
Let's see if Darren follows through . . . :fingers crossed

Lin wrote:I didn't have my heart set on anyone for Blaine's dad, I just would have liked to see him at all ...

Yes, I would have liked to have seen Blaine's father at least once.  I especially would have liked to have known whether he was still trying to change Blaine, or whether he has grown to accept Blaine for who he is. 

Lin wrote:but Lea Salonga is still Blaine's mom in my mind.

Yup. Yup.

Yes, at least we had Cooper for one episode.  That meant so much to Blaine fans.   (Still would have liked Cooper to show up to his little bro's wedding . . .    Neutral   )

Lin wrote:PLOT TWIST!
Lol, he's having one of his social media phases. I'm also a tiny bit skeptical that it's going to last until next month. But since he's being so good right now and already crossed off the picture with Barrowman, I'm adding a silly video with any of the cast to the wish list. You can do it, Darren, I believe in you!

haha!  "PLOT TWIST!" 

We support you, Lin, in the new addition to the wish list, a silly video with the cast.

Yes, Darren, please know:  music note

karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_lz08hkA9FV1r4gxc3o1_250  karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_lz08hkA9FV1r4gxc3o2_r2_250
darrencriss-news:
     I Believe In You
via darrencrisstarkid

Lin wrote:karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 1021284439
How about we take to best of both worlds and focus on Darren-details, like his eyelashes in the pic above? karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 3308115737
karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 NwEKUaP

haha!  Thanks Lin.  :happy face

55karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:20 am

I remember fandom seemed to mostly picture Blaine's mum as being Asian and his dad being Caucasian. I always pictured someone like Mr Big from SATC as his dad. Peter Gallagher was another popular choice (the eyebrows) but he was a bit too rugged for me to play stern Mr Anderson. Plus he'll always be Sandy Cohen to me, aka best tv dad ever. Of course when the awesome foxiness that is Gina Gershon was cast as his mum, that theory went out the window!

Love the pics from the Flash! This is going to be so much fun! Would love a pic of DC with Tom Felton! And of him with Melissa and Grant! Your pic idea is great poppy!

56karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, many fans envisioned Blaine's mom being Asian (maybe because so many of us wanted Lea Salonga to play Mrs. Anderson??), so that meant Blaine's dad was not Asian.    But that was thrown out the window when the talented and beautiful Gina Gershon played Blaine's mom. 

ha!  I did picture Peter Gallagher as Blaine's dad, mostly because of his eyebrows being thick. :amused

57karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical crossover Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's finished filming of The Flash/Supergirl musical crossover. 

darrencriss:   music note @cwtheflash instagram.com/p/BQjG_BZA6sC/
February 15, 2017
via DarrenCrissArmy

Also-from dailydarrennews:

There are 5 musical numbers on The Flash's "Duet" episode.  Jeremy, Darren, and Carlos sing on one number.   I hope Darren gets his own solo too.

strangetinydoeeyed:
    Jeremy Jordan talking about the crossover episode (source)
February 14 2017   (Source)

58karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:53 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

grantgustinnews wrote:
grantgustinnews:
DARREN CRISS (“GLEE”) GUEST STARS AS THE MUSIC MEISTER IN THE FLASH AND SUPERGIRL MUSICAL CROSSOVER 

Barry (Grant Gustin) and team are surprised when Mon-El (guest star Chris Wood) and Hank Henshaw (guest star David Harewood) arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) who was whammied by the Music Meister (guest star Darren Criss). Unable to wake her up, they turn to Team Flash to save her. However, the Music Meister surprises The Flash and puts him in a similar coma, one that Team Flash can’t cure. Kara and Barry wake up without their powers in an alternate reality where life is like a musical and the only way to escape is by following the script, complete with singing and dancing, to the end. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#317). Original airdate 3/21/2017.
(Source: grantgustinnews)
via DarrenCrissArmy

Just a reminder:

Supergirl musical crossover:  Monday March 20, 2017 on the CW.

Followed by . . .

The Flash musical crossover:  Tuesday March 21, 2017 on the CW.

I just cannot wait!   celebration dance!

59karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I'm in a hurry this morning but I want to share this :

:heart eyes

60karadanvers - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 am

I think I see some familiar hands at 0:06 in the Flash promo. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum