Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supergirl

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Supergirl Empty Supergirl Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Supergirl.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply," and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Off-Topic,", please let me know.   :happy face

2Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:52 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:Your wish is my command.  Supergirl 3295213406   I watch Supergirl regularly.  I have been a fan of Melissa since Glee.   I loved the Season 4 newbies.  I enjoy watching Supergirl, and think they are doing a great job this season on a new network.  I like how they are developing the original characters more, especially Alex.  I think the writers on the CW are doing a better job, than the writers did for the show on CBS (although I do miss Cat).     I have enjoyed seeing Grant on The Flash as well, since he seems like a genuinely sweet person (just like Melissa) and since I loved him on Glee as part of the Warblers.

Thank you for the thread.

For now, I've just watched the nine first episodes. I'm not really into superhero stories right now but I like the show. My favourite character is Winn but I also love Kara, Cat and Alex. 

3Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

You are very welcome, Jeremy.  I'm glad you like the show, Jeremy.  My favorite character was Cat.  My second favorite character is probably Winn, because he's a nerdy dork, and I'm sure it's also because I love Jeremy Jordan too.  After that, I like both Kara and Alex.  Have you tried watching The Flash?

4Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:59 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

No, I never had the time. But I think there has already been a Flash crossover episode in Supergirl and there is also the second crossover in March. So, I will watch for sure two Flash episodes :amused

5Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I also adore the crossover episodes.  It's so fun to see the characters from the 2 crossovers interact.  And Grant and Melissa are adorable on his/her own, but together, it's so great to see their adorableness multiplied.

6Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:47 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

This week, I've watched the episodes 10 to 13. A few comments : 
- For now, Toyman is my favorite Supergirl vilain. He looks like a Batman vilain : he has no super power but he's very fun. And his link to Winn is interesting too. Does he come back later ?
- It was funny to see the actors playing Marley and Ryder in another show (to play two characters with a complicated relationship, once again !). The two episodes have a Glee vibe with Kara, Adam and Maxwell.
- Episode 13 (when Kara is asleep because of the plant) was really moving. And also funny : I've loved seeing Hank working as Kara for Cat. I hope the real Hank will have a scene with Cat in the next episodes. Actually, I would love to see Cat interacting with the another characters, not only with Kara.

7Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I liked the character development of Winn in the Toyman episode.  I don't recall if Toyman comes back later (sorry, Jeremy). 

Melissa and Blake have chemistry on screen. 

Jeremy wrote:Episode 13 (when Kara is asleep because of the plant) was really moving. And also funny : I've loved seeing Hank working as Kara for Cat. I hope the real Hank will have a scene with Cat in the next episodes. Actually, I would love to see Cat interacting with the another characters, not only with Kara.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.  I agree, it was moving because of Kara possibly being lost.  Yet, it also was funny, with Hank impersonating Kara.  Cat is such a fun  character (and Calista such a charismatic actor).   I agree,  I enjoy seeing Cat interact with other characters too (Winn and Jimmy Olsen, and Barry too).

8Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:29 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

By the way, I think Melissa did a very good job as Hank impersonating Kara. You really felt it was Hank and not Kara.

9Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I agree, Jeremy.  She did a very good job.  Really funny scenes.  :happy face

10Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:47 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

This week, I've watched the episodes 14 to 16 :happy face

According to me, Alex saying to Kara that she killed her aunt was a very beautiful scene and the episode 16 (Kara/Supergirl becoming a bad girl) is full of powerful moments. Melissa and the actress playing Alex are amazing.

11Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I love Melissa and the actor who plays Alex (Chyler Leigh).   You can see as time goes on, that their acting gets even stronger.   This season, Chyler is especially really good in some very touching scenes.

12Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've finally catched up. I just have to watch the three episodes from other TV shows where Supergirl also appears.

So, what are your feelings about this week's episode ?

13Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:40 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that was quick, Jeremy.  You just marathoned Supergirl!

I am caught up, except for this week.   It's been a crazy week so far, with multiple family issues/commitments occurring.   I should have time to watch this weekend. 

Have you tried watching The Flash, Jeremy?   I do like Supergirl, but  I like The Flash even more.

14Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:26 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I will watch the episode "Invasion" where Supergirl appears and I will obviously watch the Music Meister episode but, although I have loved Barry in Supergirl, I'm not sure I could have the time to follow The Flash because there are three seasons and I've already spent some time to catch up with Supergirl... 

What make you like The Flash so much ? (Sorry if you have already explained that somewhere else).

15Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

That makes sense, Jeremy.  It takes a lot of time to go through the various seasons. 

I fell in love with The Flash in Season 1. 

Spoiler:

16Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you for your elaborated answer (I think it's not the first time I say that to you :amused). 

I'm gonna watch "Invasion" (and "Duet", of course) in the next weeks and I will give you my feelings about it.

17Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

You're welcome, Jeremy.  :happy face

18Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So I watched the last 2 episodes of Supergirl.  For "Homecoming," I assumed that Kara and Alex's father was probably going to betray his daughters, in order to protect them from the evil momma Luther (don't remember her first name).  BTW, I thought that Chyler's acting as Alex, in the scene in the woods where she confronts her father, was very good.  I felt Alex's pain. 

I like that they give Winn a love interest.  I always felt they underused Jeremy Jordan.

In the last episode, I like the immigration issue the episode raised with the rounding up of the aliens to ship them somewhere. I don't remember if they mentioned what they were going to do with the aliens who they captured and were shipping off, but it didn't seem like it was going to be good.   I noticed they made sure to include children among the aliens who were rounded up, and to show that many of the aliens were simply loving families like any other family. 

One of the best scenes I can remember of the Supergirl series was the scene where Supergirl was struggling to stop the ship, with her sister Alex on the other side of the ship's window pane.  Both sisters' love for each other was so palpable, both realized it was a hard fight, with a good possibility Supergirl was going to fail and they may lose each other forever.  It was impressive acting from both Melissa and Chlyer.  I honestly was scared for a moment that they were killing off Alex's character, which I would hate since Chyler's acting has been impressive this season, and since Alex's character has received great character development this season.  It reminded me of the scene in one of the Star Trek films where Chris Pine's Captain Kirk was dying (from radiation I believe?), with Spock on the other side of the door, at a loss from saving his beloved friend.

19Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:25 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

This week's episode was quite intense, especially the space scene. I agree with what you've said, except I haven't thought Alex could die in the ship. 

I want to add that Lilian Luthor is my favourite Supergirl vilain so far. She's creepy and reminds us of some creepy real-life people or movements but she's also an handsome woman who has suffered (her man is dead, her son is in jail, she had to live with the daughter of her man's mistress...). I'm curious to see what she's gonna do in the next episodes.

And the fact Kara got fired is a good idea, imo.

20Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I like your description of Lillian Luthor, Jeremy.

I wasn't too happy with Kara's new boss.  His character didn't really interest me much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum