Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 35]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

No, Matt Bomer isn't part of the cast. 

Anyway, now I watch AHS, I'd like to see him in one of the upcoming seasons... But I know you don't feel the same way about it :amused

He's probably killing some time between scenes. The ACS and AHS sets are right next to each other and I think he's friends with the guy in the middle (he also just went to San Diego this week to see him in a play).
Poppy wrote:Hey Lin, can you explain to me the significance of being the first on a call sheet for a TV show?    Thank you!
... not really. First on the call sheet is the lead, but of course we knew he was "a" lead and I don't know how the order is determined if there is more than one. I probably would have guessed Edgar would be first just because he plays the more known figure. So I don't know if it "means" anything in this case. Could be that Darren has the larger role, but for all I know it could be some random factor like who was officially hired first or who speaks first in the first episode... I'm just making these up, I really have no idea. I just thought it was nice to see him listed as #1. :cry

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:No, Matt Bomer isn't part of the cast. 

Anyway, now I watch AHS, I'd like to see him in one of the upcoming seasons... But I know you don't feel the same way about it grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3295213406

Thanks for your answer, Jeremy.  I'm happy whenever Darren is happy about being cast in a project.  :happy face  Being connected to more Ryan Murphy projects is good for many reasons, including bringing more visibility for Darren, and getting experience working with such a talented show-runner and director as Ryan is, as well as working with talented cast members.   (Although you know me, I definitely would have a hard time watching him on a show in the horror genre like AHS.  Me-->  too scary scared wha?  I don't have an emoji for screaming in fear.  :amused As it is, my kind husband is going to preview the first few episodes of Versace before I watch, since those are the episodes that Ryan said would contain the most violence.   :big grin )

Lin wrote:He's probably killing some time between scenes. The ACS and AHS sets are right next to each other and I think he's friends with the guy in the middle (he also just went to San Diego this week to see him in a play).

Oh yeah, good point Lin, about Darren being friends with Caleb Foote.

Lin wrote:... not really. First on the call sheet is the lead, but of course we knew he was "a" lead and I don't know how the order is determined if there is more than one. I probably would have guessed Edgar would be first just because he plays the more known figure. So I don't know if it "means" anything in this case. Could be that Darren has the larger role, but for all I know it could be some random factor like who was officially hired first or who speaks first in the first episode... I'm just making these up, I really have no idea. I just thought it was nice to see him listed as #1. grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3129030996

Thanks for your detailed answer, Lin.  I agree, I was expecting Edgar to be the lead, since as you said, Versace is a legend.  I guess we will find out in a few months how central is Darren's character.  But it definitely seems like a positive sign that Darren is listed as number 1 on the Call sheet.  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you, Lin, for your answer to my question :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

A little off-topic, but I read this article and thought I would share because of the comment about American Crime Story:

TV Guide wrote:
Fall TV Report Card: How's the New Class Doing?

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders (NBC)

Airs:
Tuesdays at 10/9c

The good: After suffering a big drop in its second week, the series has stabilized around 4.9 million and a 1.1. And since it's an anthology series, no matter how low it might go, it'll get to finish its run (it wraps Nov. 14). Oh, and Edie Falco is just as phenomenal as you'd expect.

The bad: Dick Wolf's foray into non-fiction is hardly the second coming of American Crime Story. True Crime is not as deep or as well made. A second season has not yet been ordered and Wolf hasn't settled on a new old case yet. But the good thing about an anthology series is you get to start fresh every time — perhaps with a new timeslot too. It makes sense on paper for NBC to want to launch this behind its biggest show, This Is Us, but the programs are so tonally different. It's quite an adjustment to go from crying about Jack's possible death in a house fire to two kids murdering their parents.

Prognosis: A new season with a new case will probably happen, even if it's not on next fall season.
Link:  http://www.tvguide.com/news/fall-tv-2017-report-card-new-shows/

Poppy wrote:A little off-topic, but I read this article and thought I would share because of the comment about American Crime Story:
TV Guide wrote:
Fall TV Report Card: How's the New Class Doing?
Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders (NBC)

The bad: Dick Wolf's foray into non-fiction is hardly the second coming of American Crime Story. True Crime is not as deep or as well made.
I only watched the first episode of this, but I agree that the production value/cinematography/storytelling didn't compare at all to the first season of ACS.

I also meant to quote this earlier:
Poppy wrote: I like how in this promo video, as Cunanan walks through the pool, it appears as if a trail of blood is left in his wake.
Interesting, I was wondering what that was supposed to be (other than just a "V" for Versace?). It also sort of like dark angel wings, as does his shadow in the other gif, but I'm not sure that's intentional.
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_oyrp0caUNr1sczt3wo6_r1_540
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_oyrp0caUNr1sczt3wo2_540
gif source

Last edited by Lin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Law and Order True Crime:  The Menendez Murders, Lin.

Oh, how interesting.  The gifs make the images pretty clear.  Amazing!   The angel of death.  Ryan Murphy has such a creative mind.  His attention to detail is impressive.   Sort of a subliminal message through imagery.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From acsversace-news

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story/  Season 2:  Reflection Preview

Nov 10, 2017

I like this promo video.  I like how they use something as simple as a sewing machine--especially with the close-up of a needle which gives you the feeling of a knife, and also how the thread snaps as the music builds and gets sharper--to express an ominous feeling . . .

ACS Versace Stitch Promo | 8 November 2017

via acsversace-news

From Darren Criss Army:

americancrimestoryfx      The day genius was taken away. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premieres January 17 on FX. #ACSVersace http://ift.tt/2m634ih

November 8, 2017

via  Darren Criss Army

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin!!!  thumbs up

From dcriss-archive:

ACSFX: Dangerous obsession. Unthinkable tragedy. The OFFICIAL TRAILER for The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premieres tomorrow. #ACSVersace

November 13, 2017

via dcriss-archive

Lin wrote:These teasers are so well done and effective, especially the one with the body bag. But I also really want a trailer with actual footage from the show and as I told Poppy, I have a good feeling we might get one in two weeks during the AHS finale.  grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3308115737 grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 856298458
November 2, 2017

Lin wrote:
I'm really really impatient, so I checked when the first trailer for season 1 came out to get an idea of when we might be able to expect one for this season - it was two months before the first episode. Also they premiered the first Versace teaser during the first episode of AHS and a new one every other week since, so I'd at least expect another teaser in two weeks, but since it's the finale it just makes sense to me to pair it with a real trailer that they would probably release around that time frame anyway.
I hope they agree with my reasoning. grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3308115737 Unless of course they want to release it earlier, I'd be okay with that too.
November 2, 2017

Geez, Lin, you are amazing!!!  I can't believe you predicted this with such precision!!   :bravo  

Darren's cute word play.  :amused  Not sure if his tweet about the Joshua Tree property is just random, or related to filming of Versace?? confused 

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozduv2MHUc1wpi2k2o1_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozduv2MHUc1wpi2k2o2_1280

dcriss-archive:
   [zillow link]

I LOVE BEING RIGHT!!! oh yeah dance! celebrate

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Good job, Lin  :amused

Curious to watch that trailer.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Lin wrote:I LOVE BEING RIGHT!!! grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 2358690460 grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 1004216115

haha!  Great job, Lin!  applause 

I think Ryan originally had said the filming was a 5-month commitment.  They must have put a lot of extra work and energy into the project.  :happy face
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozfrec2s181wpi2k2o1_1280

November 14, 2017

via dcriss-archive

So here's the trailer!  Reactions?

AmericanCrimeStoryFX‏ @ACSFX
Watch the OFFICIAL TRAILER for #ACSVersace. The next installment of FX’s award-winning original series premieres January 17.

via Darren Criss Army

Wow, the video contained so much.  Am so pleased to see Darren have this much focus.  celebrate   I am a little overwhelmed.  So much disconnect for me to see Darren's face, and then to see him/Cunanan winding duct tape around the face of the actor playing (I assume) Lee Miglin, and later to see Andrew Cunanan drenched in blood.   I can hear the different vocal tone and diction of Cunanan, versus the way Darren talks (I wonder if there are audio tapes of Cunanan or not).  Darren is so good at changing his voice and diction (his acting in Hedwig was proof of this).   The production just looks so impressive, the dichotomy of the glamour and glitz of Versace's life, with the struggles of Cunanan.  As Ryan and the cast have said:  The creator versus the destroyer.  I also thought Penelope Cruz's short scene was impressive in terms of her delivery, that she would not let this nobody kill her brother twice. 

edgarramirez25: The Assassination Of Gianni Versace - Official Trailer - Indescribably honored to have portrayed this remarkable man & be part of such a relevant project. I have had the privilege to work with heroes of mine who are now my close friends and with some of the most talented people I have ever met. Eternally grateful to all of them @mrrpmurphy @ricky_martin @penelopecruzoficial @darrencriss [ check the rest of the trailer on my twitter feed @edgarramirez25 ] #ACSVersace @americancrimestoryfx @fxnetworks

via dcriss-archive

A new promo video, comparing and contrasting the words and characterization of both men.

New “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” trailer (November 14th, 2017) | Source

via dcriss-archive

From dcriss-archive:

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
'The Assassination of Gianni Versace' Official Trailer Unveiled

November 14, 2017

FX is ready to deliver the next true crime obsession.

The network on Tuesday unveiled the official trailer for the The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story the same night as the season finale of American Horror Story: Cult.

The second season of the anthology explores the July 1997 assassination of famed fashion designer Gianni Versace (Edgar Ramirez) as well as his murderer Andrew Cunanan (Darren Criss), who was also behind four other slayings before he ultimately killed himself eight days later.

Tuesday’s trailer includes the first released footage from the series ahead of its Jan. 17 premiere.

The minute-plus-long video gives viewers an extended look at Penelope Cruz’s first TV role, playing the murdered designer’s sister Donatella, as well as Ramirez as the famed Versace himself.

However, Glee grad Criss’ haunting turn as Cunanan will also turn heads. “You’re not better than me. We’re the same,” Andrew says in voiceover. “The only difference is you got lucky.”

Unlike the first season of American Crime Story, the Emmy-winning hit The People v. O.J. Simpson, season two takes place before and after the central murder. In addition to showing the bloody aftermath of Gianni’s murder, there are also scenes of him and Andrew together as Andrew’s lying streak begins. 

Viewers will also recognize Ricky Martin, as Gianni’s partner, and New Girl’s Max Greenfield, as a friend of Andrew’s, in the footage below.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace premieres Jan. 17 on FX.

Eonline wrote:

The Trailer for The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story  Will Give You Chills
Nov 14, 2017

Watch the OFFICIAL TRAILER for #ACSVersace. The next installment of FX?s award-winning original series premieres January 17. pic.twitter.com/LDiJ6ZSTJm
— AmericanCrimeStoryFX (@ACSFX) November 15, 2017

We knew we were looking forward to The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, but we didn’t know just how much until right now. 

FX just debuted the first official, full-length trailer for season two of the anthology series and boy does it look incredible. We were already prepared to watch Edgar Ramirez and Penélope Cruz accept their awards, and now we’re over here campaigning for Darren Criss too. January 17 can’t come soon enough!

Versace is the follow-up to last year’s award-winning The People v. O.J. Simpson and stars Ramirez as Gianni Versace, Cruz as his sister Donatella, and Criss as Versace’s assassin, Andrew Cunanan. Ricky Martin stars as Gianni’s boyfriend Antonio D'Amico, and the cast also includes Annaleigh Ashford, Max Greenfield, Finn Wittrock, and Nico Evers-Swindell.

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozft7lCmUT1wpi2k2o1_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozft7lCmUT1wpi2k2o2_1280
Link

Deadline wrote:
'The Assassination of Gianni Versace' Trailer: Tragic Tale Of A Born Liar & A Fashion Icon

November 14, 2017

“Everything you see around us — this house, this company — was his life. I will not allow that man, that nobody, to kill my brother twice.” So says Donatella Versace (Penelope Cruz) in the new trailer for The Assassination of Gianni Versace, the second installment of FX’s American Crime Story.

The footage premiered during tonight’s finale of the network’s other anthology drama, American Horror Story: Cult. Watch it above.

The story follows Andrew Cunanan (Darren Criss), a prolific liar and boaster who sold his body to older men and also was involved in petty crimes and drugs. In April 1997, he began a cross-country killing spree that claimed four lives and landed him on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List. But his murderous ways weren’t done: On July 15 that year, he shot and killed Versace (Edgar Ramirez) on the steps of the iconic fashion designer’s Miami villa. Cunanan would kill himself about a week later as police closed in on him.

Ricky Martin also stars in the series from Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson, who exec produce along Brad Falchuk, Alexis Martin Woodall, Dan Minahan and Tom Rob Smith. Smith penned the script, and Murphy directs the premiere episode. The Assassination of Gianni Versace is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.

FX has its work cut out in trying to top the commercial and awards success of the first run of American Crime Story. Last year’s The People v. O.J. Simpson scored record ratings and destroyed its Emmy rivals, scooping nine trophies including Outstanding Limited Series.

Deadline wrote:
'The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story': FX + Subscribers Get Early Peek at First Episode

November 14, 2017

FX+ subscribers will have early access to the first episode of Ryan Murphy’s The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. It will be available beginning Friday, January 12, 2018, five days before the series’ official premiere on FX. The second installment of the award-winning limited series will premiere on FX on Wednesday, January 17, at 10 PM ET/PT.

Written by Tom Rob Smith, the series stars Darren Criss, Edgar Ramirez, Penelope Cruz and Ricky Martin. Murphy directs the first episode and executive produces with Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Brad Falchuk, Alexis Martin Woodall, Dan Minahan, Tom Rob Smith, Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The series is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.

Commerical-free FX+ is currently available to Comcast Xfinity TV and Cox Contour subscribers who upgrade their service to include FX+ in their video package for $5.99 per month.

canadianlinz: Just saw this quick flash of @DarrenCriss as Andrew Cunanan and I’m losing my mind with excitement! When do we get the trailer?! #ACSVersace

via dcriss-archive

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozfhr8HKHq1wpi2k2o1_1280

Link

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Finally! Yea!

Poppy, I agree, in comparison with all the stuff that has been released these last months, this trailer is a big step forward. Darren looks amazing in it (his eyes when he's covered of blood, his voice when he delivers his last sentence in the video...). And the show looks amazing too  :love

As I'm pretty ignorant about the real facts behind the show, I'm also very surprised by Cunanan. He's not the kind of character I though he was.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:
Poppy, I agree, in comparison with all the stuff that has been released these last months, this trailer is a big step forward. Darren looks amazing in it (his eyes when he's covered of blood, his voice when he delivers his last sentence in the video...). And the show looks amazing too  grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3446027931

As I'm pretty ignorant about the real facts behind the show, I'm also very surprised by Cunanan. He's not the kind of character I though he was.

Yes, Darren is so, so good in terms of relaying emotion through his facial expressions, as well as through his body language.  I agree, Jeremy, his eyes spoke volumes in that quick scene where he is drenched in blood (and I'm sure it was on purpose that the darkness of the blood on Cunanan's face made his eyes all the more prevalent, and created a visual dichotomy between the awfulness of his murderous act and Cunanan's inner anguish). 

Jeremy wrote:his voice when he delivers his last sentence in the video...)

Having seen Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, I knew Darren would be good in terms of how his voice delivers emotion.  Darren is so good at changing his voice and his diction, and the pace of speech as well, and this all adds up to an emotional statement. 

Yes, the show does look very impressive!

Jeremy wrote: He's not the kind of character I though he was.

I was curious, Jeremy, what kind of character did you expect him to be? 

I was planning to know very little about this saga of Cunanan, and to go into the show with a clean slate, but unfortunately, I did read a few articles, although I don't read as much and know as much as it seems some of Darren's fans on tumblr have/know. 

A lot of stuff was posted by the Darren fan sites about Versace today, but it's also a busy and extremely important week in terms of the Republicans (BOTH the House and the Senate) voting on the tax bill and to repeal the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") this week, so I need to spend some time on that.  But I will post more on Versace later today!  :happy face

If you are American, please consider reading what I report here:  General News

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Putting all the Official FX videos here:

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story | Season 2: Official Trailer [HD] | FX

So cool that they used Cunanan's narration for this video.  :happy face

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story | Season 2: Cast Spotlight Preview | FX

(Source: youtube.com)

I like the contrast of the words of Versace and Cunanan.    Versace is a man inspired by and filled with passion for his family and his art, which grounds him.  Cunanan's foundation shifts and is unstable, because his life is based on lies, resentment, delusions, and anger.  I like how visually, the environments of both characters at first appear similar, full of palm trees, the ocean and the beach--very pastoral.   But then visually there emerges a sharp contrast.  Versace's environment is full of vivid colors and things of beauty, whereas the colors of Cunanan's world are dull and dark, with a non-functional TV (showing something is off-kilter with the scrambled screen) in the background, and in addition to speaking about obvious lies, he hints at ominous dominance and violence. 

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story | Season 2: POV Preview | FX
(Source: youtube.com)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I just lost a super long post.  Oh well.  sad face

From dcriss-archive:

nowthisnews: The new ‘American Crime Story’ trailer has us SHOOK

via dcriss-archive

edgarramirez25: This has started…and it’s not gonna stop - The Assassination Of Gianni Versace premieres Jan 17th @darrencriss #ACSVersace @americancrimestoryfx

via dcriss-archive

ricky_martin: Who’s watching on January 17th?  -
-
#versace #americancrimestory #acs @penelopecruzoficial @darrencriss @edgarramirez25 #january #enero

via dcriss-archive

penelopecruzoficial: #versace #americancrimestory #acs #ryanmurphy @darrencriss @edgarramirez25 @ricky_martin #january #enero

via dcriss-archive

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgseuMn501wpi2k2o1_1280
robsciarratta: If you like color, saturation and pink undies then tune into Versace on FX. Always nice to grade for the great FX promo team. Director/DP: Paul Tolton #ACSVersace #paultolten #sim #simnyc #color #colorcorrection

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhpq3FTjw1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

Some more media coverage:

HarpersBazaar wrote:
The First Trailer for 'Versace; American Crime Story' Is Incredible

FX has released the first official trailer for its second season of American Crime Story, and it's a chilling mix of '90s glamour and blood-spattered horror. This season, titled The Assassination of Gianni Versace, chronicles the murder of fashion designer Versace on the front steps of his Miami home, the culmination of serial killer Andrew Cunanan's three-month murder spree.

The trailer focuses on Cunanan's dark obsession with Versace, opening with a gunshot and Versace's partner, Antonio D'Amico (Ricky Martin) screaming for help before zeroing in on Cunanan (Darren Criss) and his social-climbing aspirations. As he closes in on his murderous rage, his voiceover declares, "This world has wasted me, and yet this world also made you, Mr. Versace, into a star. You're not better than me. We're the same. The only difference is you got lucky."

[. . . ]

Criss' eerie portrayal of Cunanan might surprise longtime fans with such a stark departure from the actor's Glee days. The series also marks Cruz's first television role.
Link:  http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/amp13724056/american-crime-story-2-versace-teaser-trailer/

Vulture wrote:
The First Trailer for The Assassination of Gianni Versace; American Crime Story is Bloody and Opulent

You’ve seen the neon-soaked clip of Darren Criss in his murder Speedo. You’ve seen the stills of the cast luxuriating in high fashion “Miami Medici Chic.” Now you can see the first extended look at footage from The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. Everyone is serving face. Everyone is beautiful. And the way Criss says, “I know people,” should be an Emmy for Your Consideration clip on its own. Versace premieres on January 17.
Link:  http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/the-first-assassination-of-gianni-versace-trailer-is-here.html

Out wrote:
Watch Edgar Ramirez as Versace in First American Crime Story Trailer

2017-11-15

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Screen_shot_2017-11-15_at_11.51.38_am
Also watch it for Darren Criss looking like the hottest murderer of all time.

“Murder but make it fashion” might as well be the tagline for the upcoming season of American Crime Story. After an award-winning first season that focused on OJ Simpson, Ryan Murphy Series #451 has moved to South Florida for The Assassination of Gianni Versace and judging by the new trailer, we’re in for a top-quality, glamorous murder story.

In the new season, Murphy will focus on the murder of Gianni Versace by serial killer Andrew Cunanan, who killed four people before the fashion designer, and committed suicide eight days after his death. It’s a shocking story and yeah, we’re here for it, but let’s talk about how glorious the cast is for a second.

Penelope Cruz and Edgar Ramirez look flawless as Donatella and Gianni, respectively, and Ricky Martin looks very Ricky Martin as Gianni’s lover Antonio D’Amico. Then there’s Darren Criss a long, long way from Glee Club as the murderous Cunanan. Somehow, even as he’s murdering people, he looks high fashion.

The new season starts on January 17th, so if you’re one of the 10 people who haven’t wanted the first season of the show, you’ve got a great excuse to ignore your family this holiday season.
Link:  https://www.out.com/television/2017/11/15/watch-versaces-glamorous-death-first-american-crime-story-trailer

Wait, folks are talking awards before they have seen an episode?   Um, maybe we should wait until we see an episode before we start talking awards?  No pressure, Darren.   :amused  But at the same time,  I can't blame people for showing their Darren-love.   heart   I understand! 
Hypable wrote:
'American Crime Story: Versace' trailer is a sizzle reel for Darren Criss' inevitable Emmy

Will Darren Criss earn his first Emmy for American Crime Story: Versace? Judging by the trailer, the odds are in his favor.

[. . . ]

The trailer for the second installment in the American Crime Story series showcases what appears to be Murphy’s second Emmy submission sizzle reel. And instead of the Sarah Paulsons and Jessica Langes of the Murphy catalogue, another person steals the spotlight this time around – Darren Criss.

[. . . ]

There is no shortage of Darren Criss footage in the trailer,. . .

Last we saw Darren Criss on television, he was manipulating space-time on The Flash and Supergirl as the Music Meister. Before that, he was eating cat food and being cut to pieces by Kathy Bates’ AHS: Hotel character.

Cast as Andrew Cunanan in February, Criss’ transformation into the serial killer who, like Criss, was half Filipino, caught the eyes of social media as he filmed on location in cutoff shorts, his hair free from gel. But fans of Criss know that those shorts are nothing new. The actor wore much less during his turn in the Broadway revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Which is the exact production that led executive producer Brad Simpson to see Criss as the only person for the role.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly in June, Simpson recalled, “Once every night he jumps into somebody’s lap and makes out with them…It was very charming and a very Cunanan thing to do, to be a little devilish. Cunanan charmed people and then turned them off. We’re talking about a serial killer people liked.”

In the same interview, Criss noted, “Actors are only as good as the parts they get. You can only be as good as those moments you get. This is one of those ship-coming-in moments where Ryan has really given me this massive opportunity, and I’d like to think I am up for the challenge. There’s zero anxiety.”

And Criss showed up to work. In the minute and half we see his character go to work, lying, seducing, coming unhinged, and murdering Versace. He is truly captivating. You hang on his words, find the slight shifts in his facial expressions. Note the moments he is working hard to get someone right where he wants them. The see how quickly it switches to a scene where he is alone in the aftermath.

Just as he took you inside Marcia Clark’s personal trial as she prosecuted O. J. Simpson, Murphy prepares to take you into the world of a killer that earned a smile and a nod as he slipped under the radar of a manhunt.

It’s going to be an exciting and wild ride to watch Criss explore this character. It will be even better in the fall watching Criss smile at the camera as the nominees for best actor in a miniseries are announced at the Emmys.
Link:  https://www.hypable.com/american-crime-story-versace-trailer-darren-criss/

4YourExcitement wrote:
Trailer for The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story has Arrived

The wait is over, we have the first full trailer of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story and boy is it action-packed.

The series stars Edgar Ramirez as the fashion designer, and Glee alumnus Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan, the spree killer who murdered Versace on the steps of his Miami mansion 20 years ago. The cast also includes Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace and Ricky Martin as Antonio D’Amico.

The trailer shows Cunanan infiltrating the Miami scene in order to get close to the fashion designer, but it also shows his darker side when we realise that Versace was not his first victim. In reality, Cunanan killed four men before he slayed the fashion designer. Although the series is centered on the murder of Versace, it is clear that we will get to see a fully rounded view of the man who pulled the trigger, given that the manhunt for Cunanan ended with the killer committing suicide.

If the trailer is any indication, the full series which will premiere on FX on January 17 is going to be full of exceptional acting and drama, with Ramirez, Cruz, and Criss all perfectly embodying the real people they are playing. Criss in particular as Cunanan is chilling as we see a fantasist who is convinced he is somebody he is not, and no one can deny the resemblance between Criss and the real-life Cunanan.

The series was written by Tom Rob Smith and is based on the book Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace, and the Largest Failed Manhunt in U.S. Historyby Maureen Orth. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are returning as executive producers and are joined by Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson.

The first season of the show, The People vs O.J. Simpson won a multitude of awards including Golden Globes, Emmys, and a BAFTA, and it would not be unexpected to see The Assassination of Gianni Versace do similarly well, with fingers crossed nominations for Criss.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story will premiere on January 17 on FX, with FX+ subscribers being able to watch on January 12.
Link:  http://www.4ye.co.uk/2017/11/trailer-for-the-assassination-of-gianni-versace-american-crime-story-has-arrived/

This article gives a bit of info for how to view the show on BBC Two (date to be determined).
Metro wrote:
Darren Criss looks set to clean up in awards season in American Crime Story season 2 trailer

Nov 15, 2017

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Darren-criss
Darren Criss is the standout as killer Andrew Cuanan (Picture: FX)

The series, directed by Ryan Murphy, boasts a very impressive cast including Penelope Cruz, Edgar Ramirez and Darren Criss.

Singer Ricky Martin is also in the cast playing Versace’s boyfriend.

The FX show will focus on the high profile murder of Gianni Versace (Ramirez), the founder of heavyweight brand Versace, in 1997 and the mystery around his death.

Glee star Criss is already looking like the standout performance as Versace’s murderer Andrew Cunanan, while Cruz is suitably stoic – and blonde! – as Versace’s sister Donatella.

As well as Versace, it will also look at other murders committed by Cunanan during his three-month spree.

American Crime Story: The Assassinatio Of Gianni Versace kick off in America on January 17 and will air on BBC Two at a currently unspecified date.
Link:  http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/15/darren-criss-looks-set-to-clean-up-in-awards-season-in-american-crime-story-season-2-trailer-7082516/

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhewq9WLP1wpi2k2o1_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhewq9WLP1wpi2k2o2_540
X|X

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgpon2iEJ1wpi2k2o1_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgpon2iEJ1wpi2k2o2_540
Link

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgog4tC1j1wpi2k2o1_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgog4tC1j1wpi2k2o2_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgog4tC1j1wpi2k2o3_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgog4tC1j1wpi2k2o4_540

X|X|X|X

Note:  The article in GayTimes UK, stated: 

"While there’s no word on a UK air date yet, we do know it will air on BBC Two again. Last year’s Emmy-winning season The People v. O.J. Simpson was broadcast here two weeks after its US premiere, so we’re expecting a similar timeframe."
Source:  http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/92893/full-length-trailer-american-crime-story-versace-watch/

Other articles:

-Variety:   http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-assassination-of-gianni-versace-american-crime-story-trailer-1202615200/

-Entertainment Weekly:  http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/15/american-crime-story-trailer-assassination-of-gianni-versace/

-BroadwayWorld:   https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-Darren-Criss-in-Official-Trailer-for-THE-ASSASSINATION-OF-GIANNI-VERSACE-20171115

-Variety:  http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-assassination-of-gianni-versace-american-crime-story-trailer-1202615200/

-Just Jared:  http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/15/darren-criss-is-a-bloody-killer-in-assassination-of-gianni-versace-trailer/

Some nice comments.  :happy face

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhmfyYmKZ1wpi2k2o1_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhmfyYmKZ1wpi2k2o2_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozfrf863pU1wpi2k2o1_1280

November 14, 2017

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgx9kzpQq1wpi2k2o1_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozgd69Y9vk1wpi2k2o1_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozghjdALDU1wpi2k2o1_540
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozghjdALDU1wpi2k2o2_400

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozg85q5X451wpi2k2o1_r2_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozggu5xej61wpi2k2o1_1280

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Yes, we are ready!
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozjbh6T9RN1wpi2k2o1_1280

RevistaVanityFair wrote:
We have to seriously talk about Darren Criss

November 16, 2017

Expectations were high since we saw the first photos of shooting and the release of the trailer has confirmed it: The Assasination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story has all the ingredientes to become one of the most important series of 2018.

And although the first thing that caught the attention of everyone has been listening to Penélope Cruz speaking like Donatella Versace (to the point that with one phrase she sounds like a favorite to win on the next Emmy awards), successive viewings of this first advance have made us notice Darren Criss.

He has been chosen to give life to Andrew Cunanan, the confessed assassin of the designer. A criminal whose personal characteristics invite one to fall into one-dimensional parody (handsome, psychopath and homosecual) but that, judging by the trailer, will not be presented that way.

Especially knowing the work Ryan Murphy did in the previous season to break the preconceived ideas that the public had of those involved in the case of O.J. Simpson; it needs to be interpreted by an actor capable of offering more than a good physique.

Although the truth is that Darren is more than qualified.

But where did this 30-year-old with almost an adolescent appearance come from and why was he the one selected to be part of this project? We do not have to get to far from the Murphy universe to discover it, since it was he who gave him his first opportunity when he offered him a role in 2010 on his spoiled series of the moment: Glee.

His character, Blaine Anderson, appeared for the first time in the second season of this comedy in which also participated, among others, Lea Michele and the sadly deceased Cory Monteith. The idea is that he was a secondary character but the response of the audience was so good, and his chemistry with Chris Colfer (who played Kurt Hummel) was so undeniable that he ended up staying until the end of it as his official boyfriend.

But as we said, in Hollywood it takes more than being handsome and nice to succeed. That only serves to achieve your first role, but then you have to show that you have something extra to offer and Darren, originally from San Francisco, is next to Lea Michele the only one who knew how to take advantage of his time on Glee. And no, we aren’t just talking about Katy Perry inviting him to appear in the music video of her famous Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F).

Of course he had to leave Hollywood for a while and move to New York to become transsexual Hedwig in the Broadway musical Hedwig And The Angry Inch, a role previously played by Neil Pratick Harris, star of How I Met Your Mother; and Michael C. Hall, star of Dexter.

Following two heavyweights like them was not an easy task. Luckily Darren already had experience in musical theater, since before jumping to fame on television he had earned the respect of the world by getting into the skin of Harry Potter himself in an unofficial musical parody of the saga called A Very Potter Musical, whose score he also composed. Have we already said that Criss, besides acting and singing, also writes music?

The critiques after that New York adventure, of course, could not be better. If Hollywood did not deign to call him, Broadway was always going to welcome him with open arms.

But when you have producer Ryan Murphy as a good friend, it is not so easy to escape the Hollywood siren. Even if it’s to do a little cameo in American Horror Story: Hotel, if the most powerful man on television calls you, you  go without question.

Especially knowing that the also creator of such series such as Feud or Nip/Tuck uses those collaborations as a casting for future projects where you, if you give the profile, he will bet on you without thinking. And that is just what he has done by giving him the role of killer in the Versace series.

Although it would not be fair to believe that the only merit of Darren Criss is having a good godfather behind him. While his great opportunity was coming (getting offered the opportunity to act with Penélope Cruz?) This young man has not lost status taking advantage of all the technological resources in his favor so that the world does not forget about him and his talent.

Whether it was singing with his guitar on YouTube covers of Disney classics; whether it was giving concerts in small alternative venues with his brother Chuck with the band Computer Games or even appearing as a guest in a chapter of series like The Flash, he has always been there.

A slow but steady path that has taken him to the sweetest moment of his life. Now it’s up to him to enjoy. We insist, write the name: Darren Criss. In a few months you will see him everywhere.
Link:  http://www.revistavanityfair.es/celebrities/articulos/darren-criss-american-crime-story-versace/27264

From acsversace-news:

Actors playing Cunanan's brother, sister, father and mother:

His brother:

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_oziym3y4Co1wcyxsbo1_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_oziym3y4Co1wcyxsbo2_1280

The father and sister:
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozistyLQNE1wcyxsbo1_1280
Source

The mother:
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozik0bOI0Q1wcyxsbo2_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozik0bOI0Q1wcyxsbo1_1280

Sounds like they will be done filming this week.  :happy face
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozij6t5bcW1wcyxsbo1_1280

Wow, that sounded like an experience! wha?   Glad he's ok.  So that character whose face Cunanan was wrapping in duct tape is not Lee Miglin (although you see Cunanan holding a scissor in his hand). 
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhhw5tHGR1wcyxsbo3_500

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozhhw5tHGR1wcyxsbo2_1280

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_ozj1ohMrER1tm4ybd_500

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I hope we'll see him everywhere in a few months, as they say in the article. 

And we don't need to wait the airing of the season to give him his Emmy, the trailer is enough :amused

I was curious, Jeremy, what kind of character did you expect him to be?

Well, I expected him to have less social life and I also didn't know he met Versace before the murder.

Another surprising fact is that Cunanan seems to be the biggest character, although the title of the season makes you think it will be a Versace-centric story.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:I hope we'll see him everywhere in a few months, as they say in the article. 

And we don't need to wait the airing of the season to give him his Emmy, the trailer is enough grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 3295213406

Yes, I'm sure the cast and Ryan will be doing a promotional media blitz, which will be a lot of fun for us to watch and will tide us over until the show starts in January.  :happy face

ha!  I will be the first to sign the petition to the Television Academy to change the rules.  :big grin 

Jeremy wrote:Well, I expected him to have less social life and I also didn't know he met Versace before the murder.

I think some of the interviews talked about how Cunanan was not what one would expect, because he was a spree killer who could be likeable, and charming (this is part of the reason why Darren is perfect for this role, beside being half Filipino like Cunanan, Darren is so good at networking and is naturally charming).   I could be wrong about this, so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe it hasn't been confirmed that Versace actually met Cunanan, although Cunanan boasted he had met Versace a couple/a few times.

And yes, the trailer was a surprise for me, because of how much focus Cunanan received.  I am very pleased about this!

Here are a couple of more articles that I thought added something other than what was already covered by other media articles:

Vanity Fair wrote:
The First Look at Versace: American Crime Story Goes Inside the Mind of a Murderer

November 15, 2017

The first trailer is showing viewers the dark world of Gianni Versace’s killer, Andrew Cunanan.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story is going deep into the mind of Andrew Cunanan, the serial killer who fatally shot fashion designer Gianni Versace in front of his Miami home in 1997. FX has released the first trailer for the dark, glittering series, executive produced by the impossibly busy Ryan Murphy, and it quickly hones in on Cunanan’s grim world.

Bright-eyed star Darren Criss plays the killer, going into full American Psycho mode as he leans into the role of a hustler who embeds himself in Versace’s world. There’s a near-perfect montage of Cunanan’s dark evolution, with shots of Criss screaming into the ocean, wielding a pair of deadly scissors over a potential victim, and standing alone in a room, his face and body covered in blood.

The trailer also offers glimpses of the rest of the high-profile cast. Penélope Cruz plays a beautifully heartbroken Donatella Versace, Gianni’s sister, as she promises to maintain her brother’s legacy. “I will not allow that man, that nobody, to kill my brother twice,” she vows. Donatella would go on to run her brother’s empire, maintaining Versace’s reputation as a high-end fashion brand. She’s still a power player to this day, currently preparing to co-host next year’s Met Gala with Rihanna and Amal Clooney.

Ricky Martin also makes an appearance, playing Antonio D'Amico, a model and designer who was also Gianni’s longtime partner. Then, there’s Édgar Ramírez as Versace himself, fully inhabiting the luxe role of the high-flying designer. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story will premiere on Jan. 17.

Link:  https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/versace-american-crime-story-trailer

This article mentions the Broadway work of Darren and Ricky Martin (although they also should have mentioned Hedwig and the Angry Inch), as well as Ryan Murphy's Broadway project, The Boys in the Band.  :happy face

Playbill wrote:
Watch Darren Criss Become a Murderer in Trailer for Versace; American Crime Story

Nov 15, 2017

Darren Criss stars as Andrew Cunanan, the man who murdered fashion designer Gianni Versace in 1997, in the trailer for FX's upcoming series, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story.

The series co-stars Ricky Martin as Versace's partner Antonio D'Amico, Penélope Cruz as his sister Donatella Versace, and Edgar Ramirez as the assassinated designer himself.

Versace is set to feature several Broadway artists. In addition to Criss and Martin, who have appeared on Broadway in revivals of How to Succeed and Evita respectively, the series is headed by executive producer Ryan Murphy, who will bring a production of The Boys in the Band to Broadway this spring.
Link:  http://www.playbill.com/article/watch-darren-criss-become-a-murderer-in-trailer-for-versace-american-crime-story

From Darren Criss Army:

Yea!  They are finished filming!  So happy for Darren!   Job well done, Darren!   Now, you can really party, Darren!  oh yeah dance!

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozljsbeY0A1ubd9qxo1_1280
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozljsbeY0A1ubd9qxo2_1280

Source:  https://twitter.com/DarrenCriss/status/931736156491976704

Love how supportive and sweet Joanquin is.  heart 
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozlnufdGSy1ubd9qxo1_1280

This is funny! :big grin 
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozl3vfuw611ubd9qxo1_1280
Via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (instagram.com/rockerrick) 11/17/17 #ACSVersace

From dcriss-archive:

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozl02uRudB1wpi2k2o1_540

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozl02uRudB1wpi2k2o2_r1_540
dcriss-archive:

ACSFX: He killed more than an icon. #ACSVersace premieres January 17 on FX.

*x

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozkpx5Cl5V1wpi2k2o1_1280
petra_mason: Pretend FBI wanted signs on street set for Versace movie. #versace #americancrimestory #Miami

From the writer:

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozko32831V1wpi2k2o1_1280

I love the mutual support shown between Darren and Bruno Major.  :happy face
grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozkf12bqFD1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Nice of Cynthia Erivo to show her support.  :happy face

grateful - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 9 Tumblr_ozmemjyyEK1ubd9qxo1_1280

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum