Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 35]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Seeing a gun in the hands of someone like Darren is funny :amused

I'm not a fan of the clothes, though wha?

Poppy wrote:This looks like Darren during a break, having a conversation with a little squirrel.  Very cute

Why haven't you posted the picture in the threads Fan experiences ? angel

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:
Why haven't you posted the picture in the threads Fan experiences ? wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 3901783856

ha!  Darren can be charming, but I have a feeling that little squirrel was more interested in any snacks Darren could provide.  :happy face

Nineties clothes are not your thing, Jeremy? :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Put pics in spoiler tags due to violence.

Spoiler:

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_opz0hzy4vB1qdbw4uo1_1280

ricky_martin: Ready for another week working with this gang. Great days ahead. #ACSVersace

edgarramirez25: Ready for another week working with this gang. Great days ahead. #ACSVersace #versace • Listo para otra semana de trabajo con esta pandilla. Grandes días por delante. #ACSVersace #repost from my blood brother • #repost de mi hermano de sangre @ricky_martin

May 15, 2017

via dailydarrennews

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_opyb8gtRit1qeegj9o1_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_opyb8gtRit1qeegj9o2_1280

fallenjunkie:

nelsoncragg: Dusk dinner in Miami with our amazing Versace cast and creators!!!!

sarastelwagen: Current vibe courtesy of our Gianni

May 13, 2017

Note: Nelson Cragg is a Director and DP on ACS Versace.  Sara Stelwagen is Ryan Murphy’s assistant (gleekto)

What a beautiful restaurant and view.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More pics of Darren filming.  :happy face  Looks like he was filming in L.A. now.  I'll post a a couple of pics.  More pics at dailydarrennews and Just Jared.

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqgwchcJUd1uetdyxo2_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqgwchcJUd1uetdyxo3_1280
[HQ] Darren on set of American Crime Story: Versace - May 23, 2017 | Source

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

New pics of Darren filming and on a break on the Versace set.

A few pics from dcriss-archive (go to endlesslyklaine for more pics):

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqvasszLSl1qayexuo2_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqvasszLSl1qayexuo7_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqvasszLSl1qayexuo8_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqvasszLSl1qayexuo10_1280
endlesslyklaine

47 UHQ] Pictures of Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on May, 31th.

June 1, 2017

More pics of Darren on the set May 31, 2017.

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqv53rhZQV1wpi2k2o1_540

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqv53rhZQV1wpi2k2o2_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqv53rhZQV1wpi2k2o3_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqv53rhZQV1wpi2k2o4_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqv53rhZQV1wpi2k2o5_1280
Darren filming American Crime Story: Versace (May 31st, 2017)
Source (Just Jared)

via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

eonline wrote:

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: How the Cast Compares to Their Real-Life Counterparts

June 2, 2017

With production underway in Miami Beach, including at the very mansion where Versace was murdered by serial killer Andrew Cunanan, photos of the stars in costume have started to surface, and their resemblance to their real-life counterparts is rather uncanny and a little chilling.

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oqxmxhEajs1ubd9qxo1_1280

DARREN CRISS AS ANDREW CUNANAN

The Glee fan-favorite, who also made a guest appearance on American Horror Story" Hotel, will take on the role of Andrew Cunanan, the serial killer and sociopath, whose killing spree ended after Versace became his fifth and final victim. Nine days after murdering the designer in 1997, Cunanan, then 27, killed himself just as the Miami police moved in to capture him.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

FRom Dcriss-Archive:

I'll post a few pics.  For more pics go to dcriss-archive.

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_ora0r004Hu1qayexuo2_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_ora0r004Hu1qayexuo4_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_ora0r004Hu1qayexuo6_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_ora0r004Hu1qayexuo3_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_ora0r004Hu1qayexuo9_1280
endlesslyklaine:
  [UHQ] Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on June, 6th.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Well, this is good news.  It looks like The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story has been moved up to be the second season of American Crime Story, instead of the third season!

So Versace will be aired early 2018, and Katrina:  American Crime Story, as the third season of ACS, will be shown late 2018.    This is great because, now we can see Versace earlier, and because now Versace directly follows the critically acclaimed first season of American Crime Story ( People v. O.J. Simpson).

The Hollywood reporter article notes that the first 2 episodes of Versace already have been completed. 

From dcriss-archive:

Hollywood Reporter wrote:
'Katrina' Delayed as 'Versace' Will Air as Next 'American Crime Story' on FX

June 13, 2017

There's a change in plans for FX critical darling American Crime Story.

Katrina: American Crime Story, starring Annette Bening, has been delayed and will now air in late 2018 with production beginning early next year on what will be the third cycle of the Ryan Murphy anthology. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story will become the second season of the franchise and air in the early part of 2018 as the follow-up to Emmy darling The People v. O.J. Simpson.

The change in plans comes as Katrina — based on Douglas Brinkley's book The Great Deluge — requires additional time to create special water effects needed to re-create Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Scheduling for the star-studded cast — which also includes returning players Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding Jr., Courtney B. Vance as well as franchise newbies Matthew Broderick and Dennis Quaid — is also said to have been a factor in the delay.

[. . . ]

People V. O.J. scored nine Emmy wins and an FX-best 13.9 million viewers per episode. Murphy and fellow exec producers Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Brad Falchuk and Tom Rob Smith exec producing Versace. The second season is being written by Smith with Murphy directing the series premiere of the Fox 21 and FX Productions drama.

[ . . . ]

Versace, meanwhile, started production in April in Miami with the first two episodes already completed. The season, based on Maureen Orth's book Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace and the Largest Failed Manhunt in U.S. History, will explore the July 1997 assassination of legendary designer Gianni Versace (Ramirez). His killer, Andrew Cunanan (Criss), committed suicide eight days later as Miami Dade police were on the verge of capturing the serial killer behind five slayings. Oscar winner Cruz stars as Donatella Versace, the sister of the slain fashion designer, who took over the company following his death.

EW wrote:
The Assassination of Gianni Versace is now officially FX's next American Crime Story

June 13, 2017

There’s been a minor twist in FX’s American Crime Story franchise: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, which was originally slated to be the third installment of the series, will now premiere in early 2018. This means that it will bump Katrina, which had been previously announced as the follow-up to last year’s phenomenon The People v. O.J. Simpson.

Versace, which is currently in production, tells the story of the titular designer, played by Edgar Ramirez, and the serial killer, Andrew Cunanan (Darren Criss), who gunned him down outside Versace’s mansion in Miami. Penelope Cruz plays Versace’s sister Donatella (seen in EW’s exclusive image below) and Ricky Martin is Versace’s long-term boyfriend, Antonio D’Amico.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

SPOILER:

Filming on set.

Spoiler:

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Wasn't Katrina supposed to air this fall and Versace in early 2018 ? oh

Anyway, it's good news that Versace is the second season. We are now sure that the season will get quite a lot of media attention, as it comes just after the successful first part of the show.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I thought, but could be wrong, that Katrina was supposed to air early 2018 and Versace in late 2018.

Jeremy wrote:Anyway, it's good news that Versace is the second season. We are now sure that the season will get quite a lot of media attention, as it comes just after the successful first part of the show.

Yup, I agree!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards (MMVA), Canada.  June 18, 2017.

From dcriss-archive:

Darren Criss wrote:I think it was Glee, was my audition. So it was a six year audition process where he’s like, ok, you’re cool. No, actually, I owe Ryan Murphy a big debt of gratitude. He and I have been talking about this project for many years, and he kept to his word, so hopefully I can do it some kind of justice.
Darren Criss answers, “What was the [American Crime Story] audition like?” [x] (via jenndesq)

From ETCanada video (http://etcanada.com/video/970794051818/darren-criss-talks-nudity-ryan-murphy-at-the-2017-mmvas/?sf89794657=1 )

Note:  Darren said it's a dream team, that they have their own take on what happened, and that it has an incredible cast.  He said he loves going to work everyday.  So happy for him.  Thank you, Ryan Murphy, for your support of and faith in Darren.  wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 3446027931

This is the part where he talks about Versace.  The audio is very clear. wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 3308115737

ysbnow: .@DarrenCriss on his new role in #AmericanCrimeStory on the #MMVAs.

via dcriss-archive

Darren said that he is honored to be a part of the project, and that he is inspired by such talented cast members.  The part in the longer video where he speaks highly of Ryan Murphy, is cut off in this shorter video. 

Here is the longer video.  Point 2:20.

Darren Criss backstage at iHeartRadio Canada MMVAs (June 18th, 2017) | Facebook Live

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

FRom dcriss-archive:

I'm surprised they are already marketing the show, but I'm not complaiining! 

Versace: American Crime Story: BTS Of Highly Anticipated Series | Cover Shoot | Entertainment Weekly | Article

Love this!
wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwq1ypD8Z1wpi2k2o1_1280
ricky_martin:

via dcriss-archive

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwtzeEfiZ1wpi2k2o1_1280
edgarramirez25: The House of #Versace is back! Enjoy our first official look on the cover of @EW at Casa Casuarina in #SouthBeach

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwnkmfMvb1wpi2k2o1_540

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwnkmfMvb1wpi2k2o2_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwnkmfMvb1wpi2k2o3_1280
First look at The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story | Source

via dcriss-archive

Source: ew.com

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwr4oVYBi1wpi2k2o1_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwtm3MR4o1wpi2k2o1_1280
wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwtm3MR4o1wpi2k2o2_540

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orwtm3MR4o1wpi2k2o3_540

via dcriss-archive

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orxba2ryth1wpi2k2o1_540
wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orxba2ryth1wpi2k2o2_540

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orxba2ryth1wpi2k2o3_540

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_orxba2ryth1wpi2k2o4_r1_540

EW wrote:

How Ryan Murphy Plans to top 'People v. O.J. Simpson' Phenomenon with 'Gianni Versace'

June 21, 2017
How do you top a phenomenon like last year’s The People v. O.J. Simpson? Opulence, sex and Ricky Martin, naturally. Those are just a few of the elements viewers can expect whenThe Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premieres in early 2018, focusing on the tragic killing of the fashion titan (Martin plays his long-time love Antonio D’Amico). FX’s follow-up to Simpson, featuring the same team of executive producers including Ryan Murphy, Brad Simpson and Nina Jacobson, won’t premiere for months but EW was exclusively on the set in May as the cast shot in Versace’s former home, Casa Casuarina. “It was very moving, sometimes disturbing,” says Penelope Cruz, who plays Gianni’s sister Donatella, of shooting in the house. “We all felt a very powerful energy. It just made me have more passion to tell this story.”

On July 15, 1997, Gianni Versace had left to go on his regular run to Miami Beach’s News Cafe. As he returned home and was opening his front gate, Andrew Cunanan, a sociopath who had become fixated on the designer after reportedly meeting him years earlier, walked up behind Versace and shot him twice in the head. The openly gay Versace was one of the most exciting and provocative designers of the moment, famous for his bold skin-baring designs. “Gianni was a disrupter,” says Edgar Ramírez (Joy), who plays the colorful figure. “He was doing things at the time that no one else was doing. He had this rock-star vision of couture and was the master of combining fashion, celebrity, and fame in a way that had never been combined before.” But his future was snuffed out by Cunanan (Glee’s Darren Criss), an intelligent, handsome, and highly disturbed young man from San Diego. Versace, based on the book Vulgar Favors by Maureen Orth, hopes to show how these two men’s paths crossed and ended so violently. “Here are two men from comparable backgrounds that had all kinds of similarities,” explains writer Tom Rob Smith (London Spy). “They came from parents who were striving but not wealthy. They had the Italian-heritage connection. This feeling of being an outsider. The sexuality connection. Why does one go on to become this incredible creator and great life force? And the other young man ends up destroying so much?”

The tale haunted Murphy, who pitched doing it even before Simpsonaired. “I kept going back to Versace because it was different from O.J.tonally,” says the executive producer, sitting on the back patio of Casa Casuarina. “It was a manhunt and it takes place all over the country.” And just as the O.J. Simpson trial was a lens through which to examine racism, Murphy sees the Versace murder as a chance to do the same with sexuality and homophobia in the ’90s. “The more I had read about it, the more I was startled by the fact that Cunanan really was only allowed to get away with it because of homophobia,” says Murphy. “There was this great apathy about it, and I think part of that was because it seemed like gay people were disposable in our culture.”

The ACS team now not only has to live up the legacy of Simpson‘s success but also a glut of other true-crime scripted series. “I would only feel pressure if we were doing, like, the Menendez trial,” says ­Murphy. “But this is so dramatically different, and it’s about fashion and celebrity. Everything feels like you’re jumping off a diving board for the first time because there’s no template.” In this week’s cover story, EW has your exclusive deep dive on how Murphy brought together an Oscar winner, aGlee favorite, and a music superstar for one of 2018’s most anticipatedtelevision events.

haha!  I had no idea this happened.  So funny!  :amused   Way to go, Darren!
BroadwayBuzz wrote:

Darren Criss Made Out with His American Crime Story Producer During Hedwig

June 21, 2017

Now that’s how you get the part! Everybody is talking about Darren Criss, Edgar Ramirez, Ricky Martin and Penelope Cruz’s splashy new Entertainment Weekly cover for American Crime Story, but our attention is on a hilarious anecdote about Criss and executive producer Brad Simpson’s, erm, close encounter during his stint in Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway.

“Once every night he jumps into somebody’s lap and makes out with them,” said Simpson. “In the middle of the show, he jumps in the audience and rips my glasses off and makes out with me. It was very charming and a very Cunanan thing to do, to be a little devilish.”

Criss jokes: “I casting-couched the s— outta that!”

A spontaneous lip-lock resulting in us getting to watch Criss star in an ultra-addicting Ryan Murphy series? This is a win all around.

As previously announced, Broadway.com Audience Choice Award winner Darren Criss is slated to star as twisted serial killer Andrew Cunanan in the next highly anticipated season of FX's American Crime Story. This installment of mastermind Ryan Murphy's anthology series, which will dive into the murder of fashion designer Gianni Versace, is scheduled to air early next year.

EW wrote:

'American Horror Story' Star Finn Wittrock Joining 'Assassination of Gianni Versace'

June 21, 2017

Wittrock will play Jeff Trail, a friend of Andrew Cunanan but also the serial killer’s first victim. Cunanan is played by Darren Criss (Glee).

xx

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Nice update.

The photo shoot is glamour. I guess it was just for the magazine, as the first season wasn't in that tone.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if this season may have more glamour than season 1, since it will include fashion.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

EW wrote:
Darren Criss on going from a Warbler on Glee to a killer in The Assassination of Gianni Versace

June 23, 2017

Ryan Murphy was adamant that Darren Criss — best known for his five seasons on Murphy’s Glee as sweet, bow-tied Blaine — play the Andrew Cunanan, the twisted serial killer in The Assassination of Gianni Versace. A Talented Mr. Ripley-type character, Cunanan charmed his way into wealthy circles before his violent break; he’s far from a one-note monster.

It’s unquestionably the biggest and most challenging role of Criss’ career so far. “Actors are only as good as the parts they get. You can only be as good as those moments you get,” Criss says. “This is one of those ship-coming-in moments where Ryan has really given me this massive opportunity, and I’d like to think I am up for the challenge. There’s zero anxiety.”

It’s a definite about-face from the squeaky clean Blaine, but Criss says he treats all roles with equal intensity. “I don’t like quantifying one [role is] harder or easier or funner or more significant than other characters,” says the 30-year-old. “Blaine, by comparison, could be put into a cartoonish box. The very patter of Glee exists in a different world than the one we’re dealing with. But all the same, I treat that silly hairdo and the clothes he wore and the way that he spoke and the things he believed in with the same currency that I treat someone like Andrew, who was a real person and had real friends and family.”

To sell his creative team on his vision, Murphy sent Smith and executive producer Brad Simpson to see Criss in the touring production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. “Once every night he jumps into somebody’s lap and makes out with them,” says Simpson. “In the middle of the show, he jumps in the audience and rips my glasses off and makes out with me. It was very charming and a very Cunanan thing to do, to be a little devilish. Cunanan charmed people and then turned them off. We’re talking about a serial killer people liked.” Criss jokes: “I casting-couched the s— outta that! In my defense, I didn’t know it was Brad Simpson. I’m glad I didn’t know.”

via DarrenCrissArmy

Sorry the video is so small. I couldn't figure out within the code of how to enlarge it. scratch  But the video s fairly clear when you enlarge it.  :happy face

I really enjoyed reading this article.  I didn't know, that Ryan Murphy specifically  had in mind Darren when Ryan was thinking of the casting, thinking of who would play Andrew Cunanan.  It really warms my heart that Ryan not just envisioned Darren in particular for this role of Andrew Cunanan, but in addition, that Ryan went through so much effort to ensure that the producers would be on board with Darren in the role.  Ryan sent the producers to see Darren in the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour (I'm assuming in Los Angeles).  That tour was a blessing in many ways, then, for Darren!   The last paragraph of the article made me smile, about how Versace executive producer Brad Simpson found Darren's kiss (Darren as Hedwig) to be charming and devilish, very Cunanan-like. 

Interesting quote from Mr. Simpson:  "We’re talking about a serial killer [that] people liked."  We are getting a glimpse of who Andrew Cunanan was.  Quote from the writer of the article:   "A Talented Mr. Ripley-type character, Cunanan charmed his way into wealthy circles before his violent break; he's far from a one-note monster." 

Nice of Darren to show how humble he is, when he said he is thankful for Ryan gifting him with this huge opportunity.  (But hmmm.  Maybe an overstatement to say he has "zero" anxiety.  I watched season 1 of American Crime Story recently with my hubby, and man, the acting was fantastic.  This is a big project.  It comes across a bit over-confident to say "zero" anxiety--even seasoned actors express some anxiety about big roles they get--but I get his point about being confident in his abilities.  I also have faith in you, Darren, especially after seeing you 4 times in Hedwig!)

It definitely sounds like the Darren who we know and love when he said he treats all his roles with equal intensity.  Darren gives it his all for all his acting roles.  I love that about him.  Great work ethic.   A lot of thought and preparation goes into how he shapes the characters he plays.  Despite how cartoonish Blaine was in some ways--his gelmet, his dramatic nature sometimes, his style of clothes--despite all of that, Blaine felt very real to me.  The way that Darren played Blaine . . . who Blaine was as a character, his essence, actually reminded me of someone I love very much. 

So looking forward to Versace!  Can't wait!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

‘American Crime Story’: New 'Versace’ Installment Details | Access Hollywood

First Look at FX’s “Versace: American Crime Story”

From dcriss-archive:

Aw, so nice of Lea Salonga
wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_os51ogdbYN1wpi2k2o1_1280

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_os31bo1cuF1wpi2k2o1_1280

BTS photo of the EW’s cover | Source

via dcriss-archive

entertainmentweekly: Go inside the next, highly-anticipated installment of @AmericanCrimeStoryFX! #PenelopeCruz#Ricky Martin, #DarrenCriss and #EdgarRamírez take you behind the scenes of the series. #ACSVersace #ACSFX

via dcriss-archive

gleekto:
The EW issue is worth buying, but here’s some details about the Versace production from it that I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere.

Spoilers follow.

- Ricky and Edgar have already shot a sex scene.
- Versace was reportedly HIV-positive and the production is going to treat this as truth.
- Donatella’s biggest concern about the project was her children being depicted, so they removed that element.
- There will be nine episodes, instead of ten like OJ had.
- Instead of a standard writers’ room, Tom Rob Smith is expected to craft all nine episodes.
- OJ had a linear narrative, but Versace will cut back and forth between 1997 and Versace’s and Cunanan’s pasts.
- “There’s a propulsive thriller energy to the episodes, as well as heavy doses of family politics and glamour.”
- Giorgio Armani will appear but has yet to be cast.
- Edgar Ramirez: “It’s a very dramatic story. It’s a story about family. It’s a story about fate. In a way it’s very classic - it’s almost like a Greek tragedy.”
Gleekto says:
Thank you for this submission. Cool things.
via dcriss-archive

I'm late, but I'm so excited about the promo stuff! I agree it seems early, but I guess they wanted to remind people that the show still exists, since it'll be such a long gap between S1 and S2. Such a relief that they swapped the seasons and cut the wait in half for us! celebrate

Poppy wrote:I wonder if this season may have more glamour than season 1, since it will include fashion.
I think that's pretty much a given. I would love to hear what Darren had to say about it in the video at the link below, but it doesn't seem to work... or is it just geoblocked?

etalk @etalkCTV    2d
VIDEO: @DarrenCriss tells fans to not let the glamour distract them with ‘ACS: Gianni Versace’ >>> ow.ly/iDAQ30cQpIO #etalk

Poppy wrote:I really enjoyed reading this article.  I didn't know, that Ryan Murphy specifically  had in mind Darren when Ryan was thinking of the casting, thinking of who would play Andrew Cunanan.  It really warms my heart that Ryan not just envisioned Darren in particular for this role of Andrew Cunanan, but in addition, that Ryan went through so much effort to ensure that the producers would be on board with Darren in the role.
Darren did say they had been talking about this for years and that Ryan "kept his word". :happy face 
Iirc Ryan saw Hedwig on one of the last dates in LA [/edit: looked it up, it was actually closing night], so I wonder if he sent them on blind faith that Darren would be great or if he had seen him at an earlier date/on Broadway before.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:I'm late, but I'm so excited about the promo stuff! I agree it seems early, but I guess they wanted to remind people that the show still exists, since it'll be such a long gap between S1 and S2. Such a relief that they swapped the seasons and cut the wait in half for us! wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 1004216115

Hi Lin! Hi there! 

It's never too late!  And yes, I agree, that they may be starting the promo stuff early because of the gap between Season 1 and 2.  So glad that Versace is now season 2, instead of season 3! 

Sorry about that video, Lin.  It wouldn't work for me either. confused    But yes, given that a main focus will be on Gianni Versace, I agree it would be a given that fashion is going to be on display.  :happy face

Lin wrote:Darren did say they had been talking about this for years and that Ryan "kept his word". wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 3308115737 
Iirc Ryan saw Hedwig on one of the last dates in LA [/edit: looked it up, it was actually closing night], so I wonder if he sent them on blind faith that Darren would be great or if he had seen him at an earlier date/on Broadway before.

Yes, I'm pretty impressed that Ryan did keep his word; he did everything he could to have Darren be cast as Andrew Cunanan.  I find it touching, to be honest.  So Ryan saw Darren in the Hedwig tour at the Pantages Theater on closing night.  Brad Falchuk, Jenna Ushkowitz, Becca Tobin, Kevin McHale, and Aristotle John went to see Darren on November 10, 2016.  

wigpotter - The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 4 Tumblr_oghn73VYAx1uetdyxo1_500

November 11, 2016

via dailydarrennews

Brad probably shared his thoughts with Ryan about Darren's performance, I would guess.  :happy face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum