Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band)

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Full performance of Every Single Night at Aids Walk NY - May 21, 2017

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqdjk9Oc921uetdyxo1_500
Video

Clip of Darren and Computer Games at Aids Walk NY - May 21, 2017 [Starts at 0:44]

Computer Games’ Young Hollywood Interview [From April 15, 2017]

beckylook: Had an absolute BLAST at this music video with @darrencriss #thankyou @lulureneeb for the memories  laugh until you cry #professionalhandshaker #premiere #everysinglenight @weplaycomputers #danceparty

via dailydarrennews

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I like the music video.

Imo, it's interesting that they wear outfits from the time they were kids, as the artistic context of their childhood seems be to be the core of their band's universe. It's also nice they brought friends on the set, especially as these friends are known from the fans, who can have fun recognizing the guests. 

Nonetheless, I would have been happier with a more cinematographic video (something like the one for his cover of You should be dancing, for example), with a retro gaming vibe like the lyrics video. I also think Darren's acting is underexploited in this clip.

Now, I still have to watch the Facebook Live session. I'm gonna do that in the next weeks :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I like the music video.

Imo, it's interesting that they wear outfits from the time they were kids, as the artistic context of their childhood seems be to be the core of their band's universe. It's also nice they brought friends on the set, especially as these friends are known from the fans, who can have fun recognizing the guests.

Insightful observation, Jeremy.  :happy face

Jeremy wrote:
Nonetheless, I would have been happier with a more cinematographic video (something like the one for his cover of You should be dancing, for example), with a retro gaming vibe like the lyrics video. I also think Darren's acting is underexploited in this clip.

I would be happy with a music video that tells a (short) story too.  Hopefully, they will do one of those types of music videos for their next EP/album.   And yes, this video didn't really have much acting, mostly, just them being themselves with their friends.  I also enjoy music videos with acting of a plot.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm rather behind with my posting, trying to catch up a bit.  oh 

From Darren Criss Army:

May 22, 2017

I don't get the significance of the turtles? confused  
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqde1mq3qC1ubd9qxo1_1280
Pic via Chuck’s IG story. 5/22/17 http://ift.tt/2q4oCxp

via Darren Criss Army

From dailydarrennnews:

I love that moment in the video where Darren shares how nice it is to be making music with his brother.   Very, very sweet. 

Two clips of Computer Games on Young Hollywood - April 15, 2017 | Via Young Hollywood’s Instagram Story
May 23, 2017

via dailydarrennews

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqipnjr43G1uetdyxo1_500

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqipnjr43G1uetdyxo2_500

Video
May 25 2017

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I don't get the significance of the turtles? happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Confused  

I think it has something to do with the turtlenecks they wear...

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha!  Silly me.  Thanks, Jeremy.  :happy face

A couple new designs of shirts for Computer Games merchandise.  I would buy the different brightly colored turtle necks design if it was on a t-shirt.

From Darren Criss Army:

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqksjxLiD11ubd9qxo1_1280

http://weplaycomputers.co/ESNTank

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqkloeN9LW1ubd9qxo1_1280
http://weplaycomputers.co/ESNTank
$19.99

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It also may be a reference to the turtles in Mario :

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 180px-SMB2_Koopa_Troopa

I think Darren and Chuck said they played Super Mario Land when they were kids.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks again, Jeremy, for your answer.   And cute pic!  I had family members who used to play Mario games, so that turtle looks familiar.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsi3r7DDu1ubd9qxo1_1280

http://darrencriss.me/EverySingleNight

I like to watch the video --it's so fun to watch. sunny oh yeah dance! clapping hands

150happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Empty Post-Show of the AIDS Walk NY (May 21, 2017) Wed May 31, 2017 12:30 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Here are a few photos of Computer Games's performance at the Post-Show for the AIDS Walk NY.

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs6j7YXX31uetdyxo7_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs6j7YXX31uetdyxo8_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs6j7YXX31uetdyxo2_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs6j7YXX31uetdyxo3_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs6j7YXX31uetdyxo1_1280
[HQ] Darren and Chuck at Aids Walk NY - May 21, 2017

May 21, 2017

via dailydarrennews

A few more pics (thanks Lilikoiluv!)
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs0v3cbHD1wpi2k2o1_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs0v3cbHD1wpi2k2o3_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs0v3cbHD1wpi2k2o5_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs0v3cbHD1wpi2k2o9_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqs0v3cbHD1wpi2k2o10_1280
dcriss-archive:
    [UHQ] Darren Criss performing at the Aids Walk NY Post Walk Concert (May 21st, 2017)

via gottalivealoha

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Some very nice news for those who are going to Computer Games's Teragram Ballroom show:  You have a chance to be in their next music video, for "Lost Boys Life"!  You too may  be a rising star!   So cool that they are doing a second music video (really, a 3rd music video)!  applause  See link below:

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqvx1fPSGE1ubd9qxo1_1280

https://goo.gl/forms/fvHrARvgclFGQBK23

Some nice bts pics of "Every Single Night" music video.  :happy face  I love the big smiles on Darren and Chuck's faces in the first two photos.  heart

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo4_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo6_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo2_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo1_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo5_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo3_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqv7yo9HD61ubd9qxo7_1280
emiliomk Behind the scenes at @weplaycomputers newest music video Every Single Night!

via Darren Criss Army

From gottalivealoha:

Nice edits:

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo3_r1_540

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo1_r1_540

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo2_r1_540

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo4_r1_540

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo5_r1_540

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqutymNXCQ1sczt3wo6_r2_540
na-page:
    emiliomk: Behind the scenes at @weplaycomputers newest music video Every Single Night!@darrencriss @charlescriss

via gottalivealoha

Cute video.  I like where Darren adds at the last minute, "Wop wop wop doo wop wop."  :amused

mypatronusismalec
Computer Games via MTV’s snapchat

June 1, 2017

via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Keep voting please!   Just 3 more days left to vote in Round 1 of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest!  We need to make sure Computer Games goes on to the next round of voting (top 5 music artists go onto the next round).

Remember: 

Sunday 6/4/2017 at 11:59pm ET - Voting on Top 10 Ends!!!  So keep voting throughout Sunday and Sunday night!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TWO MORE DAYS to vote for Computer Games! 

Please keep voting Saturday, and throughout Sunday morn, afternoon and night!

Remember: 

Sunday 6/4/2017 at 11:59pm ET - Voting on Top 10 Ends!!!  So keep voting throughout Sunday and Sunday night!

From Darren Criss Army:
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqy8jmwT4t1ubd9qxo1_1280

# Repost charlescriss

will you (awkwardly) dance with me? http://ift.tt/2qQ4PNW

From dcriss-archive:
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_oqxnagPsrL1wpi2k2o1_1280
weplaycomputers: Cheers to our friends from @The_Elev3n, who helped us make the Lost Boys Life EP sound bangin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The concert at the Teragram Ballroom is Sunday, which also is the last day of voting for Round 1. 

Darren's Schedule:

Present-June 4         Voting for Round One of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

June 4, 2017.           Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2           Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                       Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Concert tonight at the Teragram Ballroom.  :happy face

And Keep Voting throughout the night. 

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or1g9fNlzJ1ubd9qxo1_1280
Via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (http://instagram.com/rockerrick) 6/4/17

via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

A couple of song performances via Twitter (one song is a new song, not sure about the other):

https://twitter.com/msleastarfati/status/871586474465964032

https://twitter.com/msleastarfati/status/871585699224354817

Thank you @msleastarfati  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

A cover of a Chris Cornell song.

Computer Games via Alli Coates’ Instagram Story (June 4th, 2017)

dcriss-archive

A cover of Flashdance's "What a Feeling."    :happy face

Video | Computer Games - Flash Dance flashback (June 4th, 2017)

I'm not sure if this is a new song, or a cover?

Another video of Computer Games at the Teragram Ballroom via their Instagram Story (June 4th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

VIDEO | Computer Games at the Teragram Ballroom via their Instagram Story (June 4th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

ifreakinghatesplenda:

Granger Danger - Darren Criss at the Teragram Ballroom 6/4/17

via dcriss-archive

Nice to see that Rae Votta was able to attend, as a long-time supporter of Darren (and StarKid):  :happy face

VIDEO | Computer Games performing at the Teragram Ballroom via Rae Votta’s Instagram Story (June 4th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

XX

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

157happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Empty Teragram Ballroom, Los Angeles (June 4, 2017) Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

For more pics, go to DarrenCrissArmy.

Nice pic!
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or25fjaweC1ubd9qxo1_1280
Computer Games at Teragram Ballroom 6/4/17

via DarrenCrissArmy

Playlist:  :happy face
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or26ewNShL1ubd9qxo1_1280

via DarrenCrissArmy

Aw, nice comment and pic:  :happy face
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or24ecUnQF1ubd9qxo2_1280

albert TODAY‏ @crissnickets

My anxiety drifted away right when you walked on stage and I don’t know how to thank you @darrencriss you’re my heart.

So much of me is because of you. You make make feel whole and special and I just, I love you. I love you I love you.

via DarrenCrissArmy

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or228tId6D1ubd9qxo1_1280

via DarrenCrissArmy

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or1wtjps0Y1ubd9qxo1_1280
Via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (instagram.com/rockerrick) 6/4/17 #ComputerGames #RisingStar  :guitar

via  DarrenCrissArmy

A few more pics (go to dcriss-archive for more):

From dcriss-archive:

Aw, Ashley Weston went too.  :happy face
happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or28gdipR71wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Ashley Weston’s Instagram Story (June 4th, 2017)

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or270gscFi1wpi2k2o9_1280
X

via dcriss-archive

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or26nggoOK1wpi2k2o1_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or26nggoOK1wpi2k2o6_1280
X | X

via dcriss-archive

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or2666urZl1wpi2k2o1_1280
X

via dcriss-archive

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or25pfy3ka1wpi2k2o2_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or25pfy3ka1wpi2k2o3_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or25pfy3ka1wpi2k2o4_1280

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or25pfy3ka1wpi2k2o8_1280
X  | X

via dcriss-archive

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or2463srz01wpi2k2o1_1280
allieguertler: you never cease to amaze me, @DarrenCriss. i f*cking love you heart

via dcriss-archive

happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 Tumblr_or1zdfDtQR1wpi2k2o1_1280
weplaycomputers: Hey @TeragramLA!!

xx

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

"The Day the Dance is Over."  Love this song of Darren's!  :love heart

josswhedonismyhero

A new song, "Foolish Thing."

josswhedonismyhero

I don't think this is Darren's song.  I think it is a cover of Chris Cornell's song, "Preaching the End of the World."

josswhedonismyhero

New song, "Goin Nowhere"

theytouchmyheart

New song:  "Foolish Thing"

theytouchmyheart

"The Day the Dance is Over."

theytouchmyheart

Cover of Chris Cornell's "Preaching the End of the World."

theytouchmyheart

Some dialog and beginning of "Every Single Night."

theytouchmyheart

"Every Single Night."

theytouchmyheart

I think this song is "Damage," an old song of theirs.  :happy face

theytouchmyheart

One of Chuck's early songs, "Same Old Situation."  :happy face

theytouchmyheart

Another Freelance Whales song, "Location."

"Lost Boys Life." 

theytouchmyheart

"We Like It."

"Granger Danger."  A lot of StarKid fans in the house.  :happy face

theytouchmyheart

Cover of "What a Feeling."

theytouchmyheart

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:15 am; edited 3 times in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Blaine's pants :amused

I'm curious to hear the new songs in their studio version :happy face

So, there will be a music video for Lost boys life ?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Blaine's pants happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 3295213406

haha!  I have to admit, I thought about that too.  :amused

Jeremy wrote:I'm curious to hear the new songs in their studio version happyholidays - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 8 3308115737

So, there will be a music video for Lost boys life ?

I would love to hear a studio version of Darren's new ballads too, Jeremy!   And yes, they made a music video for "Lost Boys Life."  I saw somewhere, on someone's blog, that Mia directed it, which is so smart, since she has experience doing that.  Am really looking forward to seeing it when they release it!

I love the melody and lyrics of "Goin Nowhere."  Darren's performance of this song was gorgeous; my only quibble is that last high note.  The lyrics of the song are beautiful.   The melody adds to the sadness.  His tone is very, very lovely in this song.  Adore the emotion in his performance.  Just a truly beautiful song.  An excellent performance.  This is my favorite song of his new songs (including those on his Lost Boys Life EP). 

I can't make out all the lyrics to "Foolish Thing," but the melody is very snappy and becomes an "ear worm."  

I first heard "The Day the Dance is Over" when I saw videos of the Computer Games release/launch concert (March 8, 2017) in NYC.  I really like this song.  Nice lyrics.  Love the emotion. 

I thought Darren sounded good on all the Computer Games songs.  It was fun to see the crowd singing and dancing along to "Every Single Night."  So much great energy from the crowd!    On Darren's ballads, I thought Darren sounded great too, but since the spotlight was on his voice alone during these acoustic performances, it did seem to me that he sounded a bit tired, his voice a bit shaky occasionally.  I can imagine his filming schedule made for a hectic week.  And while I'm sure the fans loved being a part of the video for "Lost Boys Life," I'm sure it made the day of the concert very tiring.   One of the things I love about Darren is his love for life, his seemingly boundless energy.  He seems to be doing so many things in one day or week, that would tucker out the rest of us if we did those same activities spread out during a month.  :amused  I do wonder if taking on multiple projects at one time may affect his performance sometimes.  (Not that most of his fans seem to mind--they love him so much.  But if they tour, critics may take note.)

I want to say that Darren did an amazing job on his cover of Chris Cornell's song, "Preaching the End of the World."   Darren's voice was filled with emotion, held so much sadness, emotional pain, and longing.   The natural warmth of Darren's voice is such a lovely pairing with the sad lyrics.  So very touching, given Chris Cornell's recent tragic passing.  I cried listening to this song performance.  A beautiful, gorgeous song.  (Although it may not be what Darren may want to focus on, I have to say, his voice is so suited to expressing emotion and using his voice as a bridge to connect with his fans' emotions.   Along with the warmth of his voice and his impressive ability to insert a ton of positive energy in his upbeat songs, I find Darren's ability on quiet ballads to emotionally bond with his fans through the emotion in his voice to be special.  Many artists don't have this ability and it seems to be something that is hard to learn.)

Haven't had the chance to watch all the videos and listen closely to all the songs.  I like the quirky sound of one of Chuck and Darren's old songs, "Damage." 

I still need to listen closely to the two Freelance Whale songs.  I do think that Chuck sounds really good on "Same Old Situation."  He has a nice voice.  Both FW songs have nice melodies, a nice sound.  While I was listening to the two FW songs, I was thinking that Chuck and Darren do have different musical styles.  It will be interesting to see how their partnership produces a nice variety of songs. I really do love their partnership!

I was looking forward to hearing Darren's new songs!  So glad that he performed them as well.  Love, love, love "Goin Nowhere."   The group songs were so fun.  The audience was grooving along!   Such a fun concert for the fans!

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum