Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band)

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

This was such a fun behind-the-scenes video to watch!  Thank you, Darren and Chuck!   My favorite person is the guy in the mouse suit (is that Joe Moses?).  My favorite moment is at point 1:38 when Chuck and Darren both have big smiles on their faces.  :happy face

Computer Games, Darren Criss - Every Single Night (Behind The Scenes)

Nice comment from Kevin. :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otck4xt9vR1ubd9qxo1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otck4xt9vR1ubd9qxo2_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otck4xt9vR1ubd9qxo3_1280

http://darrencriss.me/EverySingleNight_bts

From dcriss-archive:

darrencriss: Hey, if you’re in the mood for watching some behind the scenes madness, today’s your lucky day.

via dcriss-archive

From yesterday:

Cute little interview with "Mel & Trav in the Morning":
  FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 CTrack:  Former Glee Star Darren Criss is a Star in His Own Right

Darren Criss (you might remember him from Glee) has a new band called “Computer Games” and they have released a new track called “EVERY SINGLE NIGHT”.

This morning, Mel & Trav spoke to Darren about his new adventure. | Source

via dcriss-archive

Poppy wrote:My favorite person is the guy in the mouse suit (is that Joe Moses?). 
No, that's Nick Lang. Wink

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Lin!  thumbs up

From dcriss-archive:

So impressed with Darren's ability to speak some phrases in so many different languages.  :happy face

DarrenCriss_Official: I want to play just a few songs for you. I’ll do a mash-up. These were requested by you. So here they are.

via dcriss-archive

From Darren Criss Army:

This is cool.  :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otez9wwvau1ubd9qxo1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otez9wwvau1ubd9qxo2_1280

https://open.spotify.com/user/1280085543/playlist/0nFyn8JUlrorrG2tMBKcjg

x

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I love how cute they are together.  So nice to see the giant smiles on their faces.  heart

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otcj67cbpF1qzh21go1_400  FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otcj67cbpF1qzh21go3_400

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otcj67cbpF1qzh21go4_400  FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_otcj67cbpF1qzh21go2_400

janel-moloney:
   Computer Games - Every Single Night (Behind The Scenes)

Source: janel-moloney 

via jenndesq

205FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Empty MTV Summer in the City (8/1/17) Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

MTV Summer in the City (8/1/17)

From dcriss-archive:

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou0ha0GExx1wpi2k2o1_500
MTV: .@DarrenCriss and his brother Chuck are doing a random word freestyle! Send in words for them to use with #MTVFreestyle.

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou13dpYrQG1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren & Chuck Criss at MTV’s Summer In The City (August 1st, 2017) | Source

A few pics:
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou13sfClF51wpi2k2o2_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou13sfClF51wpi2k2o6_1280
Darren & Chuck Criss at MTV’s Summer In The City (August 1st, 2017) | X X

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

206FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Empty MTV Summer in the City (8/1/17) Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

MTV Summer in the City (8/1/17)

From dcriss-archive:

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou1g6h2tSN1wpi2k2o1_1280
LvSammy: @DarrenCriss @Chuck_Criss @MTV were AWESOME!!! Thank you! #summerinthecity

via dcriss-archive

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou15xflnqW1wpi2k2o1_1280
PumpkinPie522: @DarrenCriss thanks for looking at me for this pic and hugging me! Made my night

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ou15ppOijN1wpi2k2o1_1280
jennaweigard: Not a bad way to spend my Tuesday

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I wasn't able to post so much material, but better late than never!

dcriss-archive:

mlb_entertainment: Our Artist Profile with @darrencriss & @charlescriss of@weplaycomputers will be up on August 16th on our site: www.mlb.com/e Here’s a sneak peak!  :guitar #darrencriss #chuckcriss #computergames #newmusic#popmusic #popband #mlb #mlbadvancedmedia #newyorknewyork #interviews #glee #alternativepop #entertainmentnews #artistprofile

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_inline_oupe3squro1qe3h8a_500
via dcriss-archive

This is funny.  Chuck is funny.  "That's really bad. . . . That's the worse piece of music I ever heard in my entire life.  You might want to try again."  Ouch!  laugh until you cry  And Darren:  "I'm still hurt, but just not as much [because it's my brother saying this to me]."  :amused

Computer Games discusses the dynamic of writing music as siblings (August 16th, 2017) | Source

via dcriss-archive

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Computer Games, Darren Criss - Lost Boys Life - Video Coming August 24 at 8 am PT/ 11 am ET

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting, Jeremy.  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ouwdmaazb61wpi2k2o1_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ouwdmaazb61wpi2k2o2_540
“Lost Boys Life” music video with Gaten Matarazzo coming August 24th! | Source

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Maybe this kid wants to be an artist and they will use the pictures of Darren in concert to show him in the future.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Maybe this kid wants to be an artist and they will use the pictures of Darren in concert to show him in the future.

That makes sense.  I was wondering why Gaten was singing what Darren normally sings in "Lost Boys Life."  But as you said, maybe Gaten's character in the music video is a boy who grows up to be the adult Darren.  They both have those cute curls.  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I have the feeling they searched for a boy with curls.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Of course they did.  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov1zd79MUc1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov1zd79MUc1wpi2k2o2_1280

# Repost @darrencriss “Lost Boys Life” video comes out in 2 DAYS!! Until then, make your own video using the Sing! app and I’ll post my favorites! http://weplaycomputers.co/SingLostBoysLife http://ift.tt/2g2OYeW

August 22, 2017

via Darren Criss Army
-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

I'm looking forward to seeing their video:

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov62b741I11ubd9qxo1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov62b741I11ubd9qxo2_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov6228IsCe1ubd9qxo1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov5jzpZE931ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss Chuck and I will be loitering in the comments section on my YouTube channel tomorrow at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET. Come hang out with us.

Computer Games Music You don’t have to wait too much longer for the “Lost Boys Life” video. Player 1 and Player 2 will be hanging out in the YouTube comments section tomorrow at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET. Join us at http://darrencriss.me/DC_YouTube!!

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

"Lost Boys Life" Music video, August 24, 2017

Thanks so much, Jeremy for posting the "Lost Boys Life" music video and the behind-the-scenes video!  applause thumbs up

I'm so late to the party, but have been busy dealing with real-life issues due to my parents' car accident.  I am a bit tired, and it's getting late, so won't be able to post everything that I see today on dcriss-archive or Darren Criss Army's sites, but I'll post a few highlights.  :happy face

First of all, congrats to Darren, Chuck, and Mia for the new music video!   So fun!  I enjoyed watching, and I think Mia did a great job!  celebrate  And Gaten is adorable! 

From Darren Criss Army:

Another behind-the scene video.  Nick Lang is so funny!  He should be in all Computer Games music videos!    I was laughing when he appeared in the music video and I laughed even harder in this behind-the-scenes video (ha!  all that spit!).

Darren’s Instagram Live during the Lost Boys Life music video release 8/24/17‬

via Darren Criss Army

BTS at the Lost Boys Life shoot and video release, via Mia’s Snapchat (mia.elan) 8/24/17

via Darren Criss Army

Cute pic of Darren and Chuck, and cute message from Mia:
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov76sjAoSw1ubd9qxo1_1280
@MiaVonGlitz Fave bros #bts #lostboyslife @weplaycomputers @teragramballroom

via Darren Criss Army

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov77guL3lO1ubd9qxo1_1280
@MiaVonGlitz Everyone say what up to @Tomeksomemusic, and my roots. #LostBoysLife @weplaycomputers

Please click on the links to the articles, to give them numbers.  :happy face
Billboard wrote:
'Stranger Things' Star Gaten Matarazoo Beats Boredom in Computer Games 'Lost Boys Life': Watch

Gaten Matarazzo should be pretty pleased with himself right now.

The cherubic actor starred in the Netflix supernatural hit Stranger Things, which is returning for a second season (and maybe more). The show did big things, taking out the Screen Actor’s Guild Award for best ensemble drama and ruling the Internet as Matarazzo and the rest of its cast lit up the room and co-star Winona Ryder showed us her full range of faces.  
Matarazzo will also appear in Katy Perry’s basketball-themed “Swish Swish” video, which is due to fly any day now. And he’s landed the big role in the video for “Lost Boys Life,” from Darren Criss and Chuck Criss’ alt-pop band Computer Games.

Helmed by Mia Elan, the Computer Games clip follows Matarazzo as a conflicted lost kid finding his way through a regular (adult) existence. It all changes when a Flying V enters the scene.

The Criss brothers were “huge fans” of Stranger Things, says Chuck, so tapping Matarazzo wasn’t a tough call. “The song shares many of the same 80’s electronica influences that can be heard throughout the series,“ he explains.

Matarazzo caught up with Darren last year at the second annual Elsie Fest music festival, which the former Glee cast member co-created. “It was always going to be Gaten,” said Darren. “We wrote the entire treatment around him. Thank God he said yes, because otherwise it probably would have just been me, running around in a silly wig, trying to be Gaten.”  

“I had a blast performing with Darren at Elsie Fest last year,” said Matarazzo. “That was the first time we had ever met and instantly became buddies. When he sent me the treatment to Computer Games’ music video, I was like – rock on! I’m in!”
Link:  http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7941393/stranger-things-gaten-matarazzo-computer-games-darren-criss

Fuse wrote:
Darren Criss Taps 'Stranger Things' Star for Computer Games' 'Lost Boys Life' Video: Watch

The Stranger Things kids continue to take over the music videos of your favorite artists! The latest is Gaten Matarazzo, who stars in Computer Games' visual for their new single "Lost Boys Life."

Directed by Mia Elan, the video follows Matarazzo as he tries to find freedom and adventure after being stuck in a dreary 9-to-5 corporate job. After nicking his face with a sharp razor while trying to shave, eating cheap ramen and being yelled at by his balding boss, the kid trades in his office supplies for an electric guitar. From there, Matarazzo gets to live out his dreams of becoming a badass rock star at a Computer Games concert.

“We’re both huge fans of Stranger Things,” Chuck Criss, Darren’s older brother, says in a press release. “The song shares many of the same ’80s electronica influences that can be heard throughout the series.” Darren also reveals they had Matarazzo in mind to star in the video from its early planning stages. “We wrote the entire treatment around him,” he says. The actor recently appeared in Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" video, where he played one of her basketball teammates.
Link:  http://www.fuse.tv/2017/08/stranger-things-gaten-matarazzo-computer-games-lost-boys-life-video

Nylon wrote:
Gaten Matarazzo Of 'Stranger Things' Stars In Another Music Video

Thank you, Darren Criss

You know what? The Stranger Things cast is very good at lip-synching. Millie Bobby Brown owned her starring role in Sigma’s electric video for “Find Me” back in 2016, and Gaten Matarazzo is on his way to becoming something of a music video star. Not only is he in Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish” video, he’s also in Computer Games’ video for “Lost Boys Life.” To quote Ms. Perry, “Another one in the basket.”

For Computer Games, Darren Criss’ indie alt-pop band, Matarazzo breaks free of his mundane nine-to-five job in search of his passion, which, as we come to find out, is not shaving. (Ouch!) Instead, he finds his way to Computer Games’ show after trading his office supplies for a dope guitar. “We’re both huge fans of Stranger Things,” Chuck Criss, Darren’s brother, says in a press release. “The song shares many of the same ’80s electronica influences that can be heard throughout the series.” Darren echoes that and adds that Matarazzo was always going to be the one to star in the video. “We wrote the entire treatment around him,” he says.

Prior to this, Matarazzo performed with Darren at Elsie Fest in NYC last year. That’s where Matarazzo says they became friends. Now, they’re music video mates. Lost boys forever.
Link:  https://nylon.com/articles/computer-games-lost-boys-life-video

Playbill wrote:
Watch: Darren Criss Releases New Music Video Starring Stranger Things' Gaten Matarazzo

For those of you who don’t know: Darren Criss has a band. The former star of Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and his brother, instrumentalist Chuck Criss, comprise the indie pop rock band Computer Games.

The two debuted their first album, Lost Boys Life, in March, and today they release the music video of the title track, which “explores the journey of trying to maintain boyhood ideologies while navigating the throes of adulthood.” Stranger Things star Gaten Matarazzo is the face of that lost boy. Criss and Matarazzo met during the second annual Elsie Fest, the music festival for Broadway founded by Criss.

“We wrote the entire treatment around [Matarazzo],” said Criss. “Thank God he said yes, because otherwise it probably would have just been me running around in a silly wig, trying to be Gaten.” Directed and written by Mia Elan, the music video premiered August 24.

The brothers Criss have been singing and writing music together since high school, and Computer Games marks a realization of a years-long dream.

“Lost Boys Life” was edited by Cami Starkman with director of photography Chapin Hall, and produced by Ricky Rollins and Jesy Odio.
Link:  http://www.playbill.com/article/watch-darren-criss-releases-new-music-video-starring-stranger-things-gaten-matarazzo

From dcriss-archive:

charlescriss: OH. MY. GOD. new @weplaycomputers video is out today! Watch “Lost Boys Life” starring @gatenm123

via dcriss-archive

Darren and Gaten Matarazzo via Instagram Ad (August 24th, 2017) | Source

via dcriss-archive

jamesgabriel: Proud to be a producer on this song with my Xi bros and @weplaycomputers. This video with @gatenm123 makes it even cooler…

via dcriss-archive

Very cute pics!  :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7ah6X9ER1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7ah6X9ER1wpi2k2o2_1280
Via Mia Swier’s Snapchat (August 24th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7dl465hi1wpi2k2o1_1280
darrencriss: “LOST BOYS LIFE” - Music Video Starring @Gaten123 Watch link in bio.

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov74u4eurh1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov74u4eurh1wpi2k2o2_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov74u4eurh1wpi2k2o3_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov74u4eurh1wpi2k2o4_1280

iheart.com wrote:
Behind The Scenes of Computer Games' 'Lost Boys Life' Video - Exclusive

August 24, 2017

Alt-pop band Computer Games, comprised of brothers Darren and Chuck Criss released the music video for their latest single “Lost Boys Life,” and the duo recruited someone special to star in the new visual: Gaten Matarazzo, who you might know as Dustin Henderson from Netflix series Stranger Things.

The “Lost Boys Life” visual, directed by Mia Elan, was filmed in an office setting, and at at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles – during an actual Computer Games concert. The video follows Gaten as he makes his way through his humdrum days at the office – think the premise of Office Space – until he leaves that life behind to rock out with the band on stage at their show.

Darren Criss explains that he was excited to have Gaten star in the “Lost Boys Life” music video, especially because he is a fellow Broadway actor. Gaten has acted in two Broadway shows, one of them being Les Misérables playing the role of Gavroche. Darren explains, “I have always been keen on other Broadway kids, and so the fact that he joined us for this video was really special to us.” He adds:

“We always wanted to have the song be sung, or at least the narrative be framed around a kid surrounded by adults, living in an adult world, but still feeling like a kid at heart and kind of feels trapped by that for whatever reason. I thought he did a really great job with that. I think he had a lot of fun. We got to have him be on stage in front of a ton of people for one of our debut shows in Los Angeles at an actual show, this wasn’t a fake set, where he got to do air guitar. And getting to do that with him was really fun, because I could see his inner rock star really got to get let loose”

As Darren mentioned, this video was filmed during an actual show in front of Computer Games’ fans. Chuck says of filming the visual, “I’d like to especially thank all the fans that showed up to shoot this video, you know who you are. You stood in the crowd and listened to the song ad nauseam hundreds of thousands of times, and you didn’t leave. So, thank you.”
Link:  https://www.iheart.com/content/2017-08-24-behind-the-scenes-of-computer-games-lost-boys-life-video-exclusive/

Variety wrote:
Coincidence?  'Stranger Things' Star Gaten Matarazzo Stars in Two Videos That Dropped today

In a strange confluence of events, “Stranger Things” star Gaten Matarazzo appears in two videos that dropped on Thursday, August 24, 2017.

While he’s in a cast of many in Katy Perry’s slapstick clip about a bumbling basketball team for her “Swish Swish” single, he takes on a much bigger role in the clip from former “Glee” star Darren Criss’ band Computer Games, “Lost Boys Life.” Directed by Mia Elan, the video incorporates live shots from Computer Games’ show at L.A.’s Teragram Ballroom. As a press release says, Matarazzo stars “as the conflicted lost boy, navigating through his somewhat mundane life.” (See both videos below.)

“I had a blast performing with Darren at Elsie Fest last year,” said Matarazzo. “That was the first time we had ever met and instantly became buddies. When he sent me the treatment to Computer Games’ music video, I was like – rock on! I’m in!”

Criss’ brother Chuck, who is also in the band, said, “We’re both huge fans of ‘Stranger Things,’” said Chuck. “The song shares many of the same 80’s electronica influences that can be heard throughout the series.”

“It was always going to be Gaten,” said Criss. “We wrote the entire treatment around him. Thank God he said yes, because otherwise it probably would have just been me, running around in a silly wig, trying to be Gaten.”

The band released their “Lost Boys Life” EP in March. The two brothers have played music together since high school but put the band on hold for a decade, reviving it recently.
Link:  http://variety.com/2017/music/news/stranger-things-star-gaten-matarazzo-stars-in-two-videos-katy-perry-darren-criss-1202537954/

MoviePilot wrote:
Check Out 'Glee' Star Darren Criss' new Music Video Featuring 'Stranger Things' Star Gaten Matarazzo

When the curtain fell for the last time on Glee back in 2015, it brought an end to a TV phenomenon. However, series regular Darren Criss, who portrayed Blaine Anderson on the show, has kept himself busy since then. After a second successful run on Broadway in Hedwig and The Angry Inch, he guest-starred in two episodes of American Horror Story: Hotel, played the villain in The Flash/Supergirl musical crossover and is set to headline the second season of American Crime Story.

However, his busy schedule didn't stop him from returning to the music scene — but he didn't do it alone. Earlier this year, Criss and his brother, Chuck, formed the band Computer Games. After releasing their first single in March, the band have now unveiled the music video for their second outing, "Lost Boys Life."

While the song is indeed awesome, and proves that the Criss brothers are still as talented as ever, the most striking thing about the video is the famous face that pops up in it. Check out the video below, featuring #StrangerThings star Gaten Matarazzo:

Bored with his seemingly miserable life, Matarazzo comes to life half way through the video when he quits his job and picks up a guitar. From there on, his life improves, and whether's he's running down the street with glee or rocking out with Computer Games on stage, the actor's joy is incredibly infectious.

It's safe to say that Matarazzo has been busy lately. After filming the second season of Stranger Things, the young actor appeared in the music video for Katy Perry's "Swish Swish." As we saw on a recent episode of Lip Sync Battle, it's clear that he has a talent for miming lyrics. And it's great to see that artists are giving him a chance to show it off.

It's awesome to see Criss teaming up with Matarazzo, not just because they are two talented actors, but because they were both involved in two of the biggest TV phenomenons of the past decade.

When #Glee debuted back in 2009, nobody could have predicted the juggernaut it would go on to become. Running for six seasons and producing countless musical performances, the show started a revolution and gained a huge following. It was renowned for exploring previously uncharted territory, a lot of which Criss was a big part of. While he wasn't in show's first season, his character's introduction in Season 2 made headlines for being half of the most revolutionary teenage gay couple ever seen on TV.

Moreover, the show produced one of the most talented casts in #TV history, many of whom have gone on to have incredibly successful careers after the end of the show.

Similarly, Stranger Things was one of the most unexpected hits of last year and has also become a phenomenon, making stars out of its talented young cast. Known for his fearlessness and badass attitude, Matarazzo's character, Dustin quickly became a fan-favorite, and stole the show on a number of occasions.

Matarazzo's appearance in Criss's music video was a refreshing crossover between two of TV's biggest ever phenomenons that we never knew we needed. And as he did such a phenomenal job, we hope to see Gaten featured in a lot more music videos.
Link:  https://moviepilot.com/p/stranger-things-and-glee-actors-musical-team-up/4357722

BroadwayWorld wrote:
VIDEO: Darren Criss' Indie Alt-Pop Band Computer Games Shares Music Video for 'Lost Boys Life'

Indie alt-pop band Computer Games, comprised of frontman Darren Criss (Broadway’s HEDWIG, HOW TO SUCCEED) and multi-instrumentalist/vocalist Chuck Criss, have released their second music video for their album’s title track, “Lost Boys Life”. Directed by Mia Elan, the video incorporates live shots from Computer Games’ first ever and sold-out show in Los Angeles at the Teragram Ballroom. Breakout star Gaten Matarazzo from Netflix’s global phenomenon series “Stranger Things” stars in the video as the conflicted lost boy, navigating through his somewhat mundane life.

“I had a blast performing with Darren at Elsie Fest last year,” said Matarazzo. “That was the first time we had ever met and instantly became buddies. When he sent me the treatment to Computer Games’ music video, I was like - rock on! I’m in!” As for the Criss brothers, having young Matarazzo appear in the video was a no-brainer. “We’re both huge fans of ‘Stranger Things,’” said Chuck. “The song shares many of the same 80’s electronica influences that can be heard throughout the series.”

“It was always going to be Gaten,” said Criss. “We wrote the entire treatment around him. Thank God he said yes, because otherwise it probably would have just been me, running around in a silly wig, trying to be Gaten.”

The band released their debut album in early March entitled Lost Boys Life EP, which has received astonishing praise. Entertainment Weekly labeled their sound as “a funky blast to the past in the spirit of some of the grooviest ‘80s superstars,” while Teen Vogue described the album as “an indie gem filled with plenty of ‘80s pop inspiration and a dash of true DIY sensibility.” Music from The Combined minds of the Criss brothers has been long overdue – as the two have written, produced, and performed original songs together since high school. After many years of other projects shaping their individual careers, Computer Games has been on the back burner for over a decade. Lost Boys Life EP marks the lifelong goal of a sibling collaboration, and is the first major release from either artist in several years.

By combining the sounds of the 1980s with the brothers’ love of contemporary pop production, Lost Boys Life EP explores the journey of trying to maintain boyhood ideologies while navigating the throes of adulthood.

The “Lost Boys Life” music video was written and directed by Mia Elan, produced by Jesy Odio and Ricky Rollins, and edited by Cami Starkman.
Link:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=VIDEO-Darren-Criss-Indie-Alt-Pop-Band-Computer-Games-Shares-Music-Video-for-Lost-Boys-Life-20170824

TheaterMania wrote:
Computer Games, Featuring Darren Criss, Releases Video with Gaten Matarazzo

The Hedwig and the Angry Inch star's E.P. Lost Boys Life is now available to stream.

Today, Computer Games, an alternative pop band featuring Darren Criss (Hedwig and the Angry Inch, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying) and his brother Chuck, released a new music video for their single "Lost Boys Life." The video features Stranger Things star Gaten Matarazzo, who appeared on Broadway in the 2014 revival of Les Misérables. It is the second video for the title song of Computer Games's E.P. Lost Boys Life, which is available to stream now. Check out the video below.
Link:  http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/computer-games-darren-criss-gaten-matarazzo_82189.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=24aug2017

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Computer Games, "Lost Boys Life" Music video, August 24, 2017

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov75zeT2Ft1wpi2k2o1_400
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov75zeT2Ft1wpi2k2o2_400

Computer Games - Lost Boys Life “Lost” Heart T-shirt

via dcriss-archive

Link:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/computer-games-lost-boys-life-lost-heart-t-shirt-white

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7dpv7oJo1wpi2k2o1_1280

Computer Games’ “Lost Boys Life” is currently # 43 on YouTube’s trends

via dcriss-archive

219FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Empty "Lost Boys Life" Music video, August 24, 2017 Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:59 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Computer Games, "Lost Boys Life" Music video, August 24, 2017

From dcriss-archive:

This is nice:  :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov8tkiFj081wpi2k2o1_1280

Computer Games’ Lost Boys Life EP is # 100 on the iTunes Alternative chart (August 25th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

And this as well.  :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov8tohMXtf1wpi2k2o1_1280

Computer Games’ “Lost Boys Life” is currently # 15 on YouTube’s trends and has over 100k+ views in less than 24hrs

via dcriss-archive

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9anqBXTc1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9anqBXTc1wpi2k2o2_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9anqBXTc1wpi2k2o3_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9anqBXTc1wpi2k2o4_1280
Via Computer Games, Chuck Criss & Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (August 25th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9ih8wbVE1wpi2k2o1_1280

weplaycomputers:  Woah! Huge thank you to everyone watching the “Lost Boys Life” video!! Do you think we can get it Top 10? weplaycomputer.co/LostBoysLife_V…

haha!
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov9pudQttD1wpi2k2o1_1280
weplaycomputers: I mean, we had to right? weplaycomputer.co/LostBoysLife_V…

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (August 25th, 2017)

Link to video

Some friends showing their support:  :happy face

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov8tez10411wpi2k2o1_1280

So nice of Becca.  :happy face
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov8003fS9c1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov8003fS9c1wpi2k2o2_1280
Via Becca Tobin & Matthew Wilkas’s Instagram Story (August 24th, 2017)

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7yzroX9n1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7yzroX9n1wpi2k2o2_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7yzroX9n1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7xbp03Mq1wpi2k2o1_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7xbp03Mq1wpi2k2o2_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7xbp03Mq1wpi2k2o3_540

Aw, Vanessa.  heart
FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7wf2STS11wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7u5gZPpm1wpi2k2o1_1280

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7mboEv4M1wpi2k2o1_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov7mboEv4M1wpi2k2o2_r1_540

I knew Joaquin would say something.  :happy face

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov790gLisZ1wpi2k2o1_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov790gLisZ1wpi2k2o2_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov790gLisZ1wpi2k2o3_540

FlashbackFriday - Music by Computer Games (Darren and Chuck's Band) - Page 11 Tumblr_ov790gLisZ1wpi2k2o4_540

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

On one hand, it's not the kind of music video I'm into and I'd like they stick more to the universe they talked about when they released the EP (90's, video games). On the other hand, the actor is cute (I've watched ST's first episode and his character was my favourite), there is a story, it's really different of the previous video... 

Poppy, how are your parents ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum