Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Youtube Channel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Darren's Youtube Channel Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's YouTube channel.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Music and Musical Performances"), please let me know.

From Darren Criss Army and dailydarrennews:

Darren added on his YouTube channel, some videos of his past song performances at the Troubadour, along with the official audio for all of the songs that are on his Human EP ("Human," "Don't You," "Jealousy," "Not Alone," and ""Sami").

From dailydarrennews:

I like his fluffy hair and the tone of his voice.  :happy face

@DarrenCriss: Throwing it way back to my first ever performance in Los Angeles! A lot has changed in 7 years! Enjoy. http://darrencriss.me/ThrowbackVideos

Darren has added his EP’s official audios on his Youtube channel along with a few videos of his early performances at the Troubadour in 2010. Check it out!

From Darren Criss Army:

2hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Sat May 20, 2017 9:55 am

Poppy wrote:

I'm so happy that Darren's sharing videos from his Troubadour debut and more on his youtube channel! It's always such a gift and so much fun when he remembers he has these accounts and there's a sudden spurt of sharing.  :big grin

I especially enjoy when he shares these rehearsal or just jamming moments,  They're so relaxed and you get to see he and his bandmates/friends interact and share their wonderful musicality.  You can tell that Darren's a perfectionist. 

I find it interesting that Darren can give the impression of being so "laid back" and "happy-go-lucky" and yet also be such a perfectionist--especially with his words and music.

There's so many of these types of videos that I love, but here's a few more: 
I adore Darren's reworked version of Katy Perry's "Part of Me": 

Truth be told, I actually love Darren's soulful version better that the original, which I wasn't familiar with prior to this video.  Darren, Theo, and Joe's harmonies are just lovely.  :cheeky

Here's a short one of Darren and Charlene rehearsing the Klaine version of "White Chirstmas". This was performed even before the Glee episode aired.  

I'm cheating here a bit, but Darren posted this short bts vine of an awesome jam of "There Will Never Be Another You" with the Glee Band: 

So I'll cheat and post the complete version (not from Darren's youtube account) because it's such a joy to watch these these extremely talented people jam: 

Gotta love Darren's innovative wrapper percussion.  Cool

There are several other videos I love, but they're not from Darren's youtube channel so I'll control myself.  :happy face

3hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lilikoiluv wrote:I'm so happy that Darren's sharing videos from his Troubadour debut and more on his youtube channel! It's always such a gift and so much fun when he remembers he has these accounts and there's a sudden spurt of sharing.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel 2780594425

Yes, I love seeing videos of Darren at his Troubadour debut!   I feel like when he does these kinds of things, that he really is taking time and energy to bestow us with some gifts.  Very nice gestures on his part! :love  And I appreciate that very much!

Lilikoiluv wrote:I especially enjoy when he shares these rehearsal or just jamming moments,  They're so relaxed and you get to see he and his bandmates/friends interact and share their wonderful musicality.  You can tell that Darren's a perfectionist. 

I find it interesting that Darren can give the impression of being so "laid back" and "happy-go-lucky" and yet also be such a perfectionist--especially with his words and music.

When we see these types of videos, it sort of feels like we get to see some rare moments of Darren being in his environment, as you said, of being relaxed and being immersed in doing something he really loves:  Making music and being creative with fellow musicians and friends.  We get to be that fly-on-the-wall, which really does feel like a privilege that Darren generously shares with us.  :happy face

And speaking of sharing, thank you so much Lilikoiluv for sharing with us all these lovely videos!  I don't think I've seen that video of Darren and Charlene rehearsing the Glee version of "White Christmas"!  So fun to see a  past video of Darren for the first time!

I don't really follow Katy Perry much, but I was familiar with her "Part of Me" when it became big, and really liked the song.  So it was nice to see Darren do his own soulful take on the song. 

And thanks for the videos of Darren and the Glee musicians and singers jamming together.  I really like those videos. So many very talented folks!   haha!  Darren's impromptu cookie wrapper percussion! 

Thanks again, Lilikoiluv!

4hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty "I Dreamed a Dream" cover. July 26, 2017 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren did a sweet acoustic cover of "I Dreamed a Dream."   I love his voice on this cover, so quietly emotional.  heart

darrencriss‪: In honor of this year’s Elsie Fest announcement, I wanted to share with you a version of “I Dreamed A Dream” I recorded. Hope ya dig‬. Watch the video now on YouTube. (Link in bio)

FINALLY! I can tell you about @elsiefest 2017!! Pre-sale starts 8/1 @ 10am ET. Text “Darren” to +1 (650) 200-2966 to get the pre-sale code on Tuesday 

ALSO! I’m on YouTube answering comments right now. Come hang! My responses are always really really serious and not silly at all… So come prepared.

July 26, 2017

Via Darren’s  Instagram Story  (July 26th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o1_540

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o2_540

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

dcriss-archive:

Video link | Sign Up link
(Here is the link is to sign up for Elsie Fest pre-sale:  http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22 )

I apologize to anyone reading the forum, but I'm gonna be having duplicate posts.  I'll post this in the Darren Criss Appreciation thread, the Elsie Fest thread, and "Miscellaneous News" about Darren's Music.

5hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:59 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_ou2ulnUanb1wpi2k2o1_r1_1280

Darren’s “I Dreamed A Dream” video has reached 303k views on YouTube

via dcriss-archive

6hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I realize I forgot to add a bunch of Darren's recent YouTube videos:

March 8, 2017

March 8, 2017

March 8, 2017

April 12, 2017

May 21, 2017

July 26, 2017

-

7hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Computer Games, Darren Criss - Lost Boys Life (Official Video)

Published August 24, 2017

Directed and Written by Mia Elan
Director of Photography: Chapin Hall
Edited by Cami Starkman
Producers: Ricky Rollins and Jesy Odio
Production Company: Mighty Monkey
Lost Boy: Gaten Matarazzo
Lost Girl: Drew Abdul-Wahab
Lost Woman: Rebecca Gomberg

Listen to “Lost Boys Life” from the “Lost Boys Life” EP out now:
Spotify: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...
iTunes: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...
Apple Music: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...
YouTube: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...
Amazon: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...
Google Play: http://weplaycomputers.co/LostBoysLif...

8hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:25 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

This is great!  applause 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_ovm8nejwTP1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren’s “I Dreamed A Dream” video has reached 600k views on YouTube (September 1st, 2017)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_ovm5d3KXHz1wpi2k2o1_1280

Computer Games’ “Lost Boys Life” has reached 300k views on YouTube (September 1st, 2017)

9hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's "I Dreamed A Dream" Youtube video has reached over 700,000 views.  :happy face

10hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The music video Lost Boys Life with Gaten has passed 400,000 views on YouTube, and the Every Single Night music video (with all Darren's dancing pals) has passed 300,000 views on YouTube.

11hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am

Darren posted this song today on his Youtube channel:

12hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:17 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you so much, DaisiesAndLilies for posting that Youtube video!   I've watched it so many times already (and I've watched the Youtube video that you also posted, of Darren performing David Bowie's Space Odyssey many times too)!  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05hja2ylf1ubd9qxo1_1280

High Voltage wrote:
"I Don't Mind" By Darren Criss

November 28, 2017

The Who
: Darren Criss (Los Angeles, CA)

The What:
Perhaps you want to know How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying (yeah, don’t we all?) or feel a sense of Glee because someone finally gave the Hedwig and the Angry Inch in you a voice that can be heard in a world that feels like an American Crime Story. Or maybe you’re just really into Darren Criss.

If that’s the case, then you’ll be pleased to know that Criss continues to be an artistic chameleon of the best kind volleying between stage, screen and the recording studio in band (Computer Games) and – in this case – solo form where he opts to expand his musical horizons with an ambitious streak of a more personal kind.

“I have some new music for ya. A new EP called Homework. I’m not out to break the charts, rule the radio, or change the world on this one. It’s just me being me, and making whatever that is totally available to you- you who have waited very patiently and supported me tirelessly through the years. Thank you.” – Darren Criss

“I Don’t Mind” is the rock n roller that Criss has proven himself more than capable of being distilled down to the singer-songwriter in him: gentle acoustic chords, clean melodies and the warmth of a string section elevating a love song’s delicacy. And in black & white! Have we mentioned that we LOVE art visualized in black & white?
Moving on because “I Don’t Mind” is just one song from that freshly announced upcoming EP Homework (is he having Glee high school flashbacks?) which you can pre-order here. Looks like a neat little Christmas present, don’t you think?

The Where: On December 15th Darren Criss has a date with the legendary Globe Theatre in Los Angeles to, in his words, “…take you through my life in songwriting and performing. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard.” He also says that it’s going to be awesome. We’re inclined to believe him and tickets go on sale on November 29th which you can snag right HERE.

In the meantime, you can keep up with all things Darren Criss via his official website, Facebook page and at @DarrenCriss on Twitter.

SOURCE: X
Link for tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?utm_medium=459899&utm_medium=829105

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05oojcj3I1wpi2k2o1_1280
highvoltagemagazine: From #HedwigandtheAngryInch to @americancrimestoryfx to #Glee, @DarrenCriss keeps proving himself a chameleon of the musical kind. See our new #VideoOfTheWeek  “I Don’t Mind” for further. #darrencriss #americancrimestor #singersongwriter #actor #broadway #Homework #newmusic #musicdiscovery #blackandwhite #highvoltage

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05mvuooLi1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren’s “I Don’t Mind” music video is currently #33 on YouTube’s trends (November 28th, 2017)

I think Corey did a wonderful job!
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05iz5FOLR1wpi2k2o1_1280
coreylubo: The video I directed for “I Don’t Mind” is out now! Enjoy a taste of the great new music coming from @darrencriss next month. music note

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05ii4URcy1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

13hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:37 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I meant to post these earlier (from yesterday):

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05fewF5DM1wpi2k2o1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p05fse0epC1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

14hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's YouTube video of "I Dreamed A Dream" has over 800,000 views.  :happy face

15hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:55 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Tumblr_p0rxwt1zlc1wpi2k2o1_r1_1280

Darren’s “I Don’t Mind” music video reached 100k views on YouTube (December 10th, 2017)

Darren Criss - I Don’t Mind (Official Music Video)

16hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty Re: Darren's Youtube Channel Fri May 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's YoouTube video of his cover of "I Dreaned A  Dream" has surpassed 1 million views. :happy face

And his collaboration with Scary Pockets in their cover of "Wonderwall" has also passed 1 million views.  :happy face

17hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Youtube Channel Empty One Fine Day (YouTube video) Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren Criss - One Fine Day (Official Video)
Sept. 7, 2018

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum