Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your answer, Jeremy.  Let's hope Darren appears again on AHS, and also on The Flash!

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Oops, I forgot The Flash and Supergirl Embarassed

However, I don't see a return of his character on these shows. I think it's the type of character who are better if they only appear one time on the show.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm still hoping the Music Meister will return.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

August 4                           TCA Awards are announced

September 8 & 9               Emmy Creative Arts Awards

September 17                   Emmy Winners announced on NBC

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thought I would post this here:

From dcriss-archive:

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcfg4fNh7R1wpi2k2o1_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcfg4fNh7R1wpi2k2o2_1280
mabuhaymagazineofficial: “If you didn’t grow up in a Filipino household, you’ll get a pretty good experience of what it’s like when you visit LA Rose Café. Not to be confused with Venice’s very chic – and equally delicious – Rose Café, this East LA gem is a true slice of Filipino culture, from the décor to the warm, disarming hospitality of the staff and, of course, the authentic dishes. If you’ve never had Filipino food before, come with a big appetite and make sure you leave room for a nap afterwards. I order kare-kare, sisig, chicken adobo, lumpiang sariwa and lumpiang shanghai and end my meal with their very yummy halo-halo dessert, with leche flan on top.” - Darren Criss, Mabuhay Magazine, July 2018 [pencil emoji] Janet Susan R Nepales [camera emoji] Mathew Scott

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcfr70QqcA1wpi2k2o1_540

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcfr70QqcA1wpi2k2o2_540
trampstampgrannys: You look good next to Evelyn.  Thanks for the shout-out @mabuhaymagazineofficial !

*top photo via their Instagram Story

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pccufa87741wpi2k2o1_540
mabuhaymagazineofficial: “My fiancée, Mia Swier, and I have always talked about opening a piano bar together in Los Angeles. Tramp Stamp Granny’s was mainly inspired by a number of our favorite piano bars in New York and San Francisco, our respective hometowns. Amid the bass-thumping, shot slinging nightclubs of North Cahuenga Boulevard, we’re proud to offer a far more disarming alternative: a haven for people who love to sing along by the piano. We have a live pianist every night – sometimes it’s yours truly – and the sound is never too loud to interfere with good old conversation. We serve some tongue-in-cheek titled craft cocktails. Come on in any time! We’d love to have you – provided you will sing along.” - Darren Criss, Mabuhay Magazine, July 2018 [pencil emoji] Janet Susan R Nepales [camera emoji] Mathew Scott

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pccum3QzhZ1wpi2k2o1_1280
Mabuhay Magazine: There’s more to Los Angeles than Hollywood! Join us as we uncover the city’s indie movie theater scene with actor and musician Darren Criss 

[camera emoji] Mathew Scott

ink-live.com/emagazines/mabuhay

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pca00bJ0d01wpi2k2o1_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pca00bJ0d01wpi2k2o2_400

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pca00bJ0d01wpi2k2o3_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pca00bJ0d01wpi2k2o4_400
mabuhaymagazineofficial: “Trois Familia on Sunset Boulevard is inconspicuously located between a dental clinic and nail salon in a mini mall. I come here often because breakfast is served all day and I just love what they’re doing with their French-Mexican menu. One of the restaurant’s owners is half-Filipino and half-African American, and he is a very warm and friendly fellow. We chat a little and swap some stories as I tuck into a galette served with a sunny side-up egg, chorizo and avocado cream. I walk that off by window shopping around East Sunset Boulevard.” - Darren Criss, Mabuhay Magazine, July 2018 [pencil emoji] Janet Susan R Nepales [camera emoji] Mathew Scott

mabuhaymagazineofficial: “I head to Griffith Park to get active outdoors. The sprawling public green space is one of the largest city parks in America and it has canyons, hiking trails and coyotes. For many people, LA is about reality television, Hollywood movies and Beverly Hills shops – and Griffith Park is the flip side of that. Set a few blocks off Los Feliz Boulevard, near the hiking paths and grassy picnic area, is The Trails Café, which makes my favorite avocado sandwich.” - Darren Criss, Mabuhay Magazine, July 2018 ⠀[pencil emoji] Janet Susan R Nepales [camera emoji] Mathew Scott

-

That piece on Darren and L.A. in Mabuhay Magazine was so interesting! Such great and yummy spots to explore. Were you familiar or in agreement with any of those places and things Darren shared, Poppy (although you don't live directly in L.A.)? 

I know you and Jeremy were chatting a bit about possible/hopeful upcoming projects for Darren, so I thought I would continue the discussion. If it doesn't belong here plz. move it to the proper area with my apologies. 

I continue to hope for so many project opportunities for Darren, and hopefully the buzz from his incredible work in ACS will open a whole new world of varied and challenging projects for him to tackle with glee (ahem). 

Chuck was at TSG's recently and mentioned that he was in L.A. "to work on stuff", so let's hope it means we'll be getting new Computer Games music soon!!  

I still hold on to the hope that Darren will get to workshop a brand new dramatic play that would make its way to Broadway or the West End. As I've mentioned before, I think Darren would just relish the challenge of such a role and the process of collaborating together with the cast and crew to bring the story to life on the stage. 

I also would be thrilled if he worked to compose the music and or lyrics for a new production, be it for stage or screen. He would be able to share his gift of masterfully encapsulating the heart and essence of characters and moments through impeccable lyrics and varying musical styles, and that would be a beautiful thing. If he can bring such striking musical heart and soul to StarKid's "silly" HP shows, just think of what he could to with a "meaty" story production!

I would like to see what Royalties was all about, and maybe even have Darren on my tv again. Or even directing! 

I would love for Darren to get a great movie role with the added pleasure of working with people he admires both in front of and behind the cameras! 

Is it silly of me to still want Darren to voice a Disney Prince (or create a new iconic animated character)? I know it is, but still . . .

And I hope Darren and Mia have a beautiful wedding full of happiness and love surrounded by all the people that are precious to them!

O/T: Aww, I am such a sad camper that the "like" icons on posts do not work for me.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv,  Hi there!

So nice to see you here.  :happy face

haha. I made the mistake of reading that Mabuhay Magazine article when I was hungry!  I haven't been to most of the spots Darren mentioned.  I do agree completely with his assessment of LA Rose Cafe.  I only have been once, but both my hubby (who is a picky foodie) and I loved it!  And of course, it's always fun to explore J-Town/Little Tokyo and Koreatown, although I haven't been to the specific Koreatown restaurant he noted (Baroo Los Angeles).

Lilikoiluv wrote:
I continue to hope for so many project opportunities for Darren, and hopefully the buzz from his incredible work in ACS will open a whole new world of varied and challenging projects for him to tackle with glee (ahem). 

Chuck was at TSG's recently and mentioned that he was in L.A. "to work on stuff", so let's hope it means we'll be getting new Computer Games music soon!!  

I still hold on to the hope that Darren will get to workshop a brand new dramatic play that would make its way to Broadway or the West End. As I've mentioned before, I think Darren would just relish the challenge of such a role and the process of collaborating together with the cast and crew to bring the story to life on the stage. 

I also would be thrilled if he worked to compose the music and or lyrics for a new production, be it for stage or screen. He would be able to share his gift of masterfully encapsulating the heart and essence of characters and moments through impeccable lyrics and varying musical styles, and that would be a beautiful thing. If he can bring such striking musical heart and soul to StarKid's "silly" HP shows, just think of what he could to with a "meaty" story production!

I would like to see what Royalties was all about, and maybe even have Darren on my tv again. Or even directing! 

I would love for Darren to get a great movie role with the added pleasure of working with people he admires both in front of and behind the cameras! 

Is it silly of me to still want Darren to voice a Disney Prince (or create a new iconic animated character)? I know it is, but still . . .

And I hope Darren and Mia have a beautiful wedding full of happiness and love surrounded by all the people that are precious to them!

Yes, to all the wonderful wishes you have for Darren's future career projects, Lilikoiluv!   I also am hoping for new Computer Games music, based on Chuck's hint.

I absolutely would love it if Darren was involved with an original theater project.  I also would love to see him in an original play, since he's so far been in musicals that are revivals.  "I think Darren would just relish the challenge of such a role and the process of collaborating together with the cast and crew to bring the story to life on the stage."  Well said, Lilikoiluv!

This is also beautifully stated:  "I also would be thrilled if he worked to compose the music and or lyrics for a new production, be it for stage or screen. He would be able to share his gift of masterfully encapsulating the heart and essence of characters and moments through impeccable lyrics and varying musical styles, and that would be a beautiful thing. If he can bring such striking musical heart and soul to StarKid's "silly" HP shows, just think of what he could to with a "meaty" story production!"  I agree!  I don't know the StarKid projects like you do, Lilikoiluv, but I've seen enough videos and heard enough audios that I know Darren has a talent for writing songs that do capture the characters.  And his songs can span from touching, to funny, all with very catchy melodies and memorable lyrics.

I've been wondering about "Royalties."  I also would love to see Royalties on my TV if that's still in the works!  I'm also wondering if Darren would be working again with Ryan Murphy (if Ryan has some great roles for him), especially since Ryan's TV shows hopefully will give  him some free time to do other projects since they are not 22-episode TV shows (such long seasons leave actors little time or energy to do any other projects), as well as since Ryan's shows will give Darren wonderful opportunities to work with such talented actors, directors, writers, etc.  I'm wondering if any new shows of Ryan on Netflix may have some juicy roles for Darren (cross fingers!  :fingers crossed ).

I always hoped Darren would do some more films, whether they are smallish Indie projects or a big, commercial films, whether they are supporting or lead roles (either one!).   (And yes, to having Darren work with folks he admires!)

What a great idea--about Darren playing a Disney character, either a Disney prince or a new iconic character! 

I know that Darren and Mia will have a beautiful wedding.  The only question is when . . . :happy face  Hopefully, they will feel comfortable to share a few pics with the public (but if they decide not to, fans should respect that decision). 

You are so full of great ideas, Lilikoiluv.  Darren needs you on his team stat!

I think the "Like" button should be working now (I hope).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren is going to be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS) on August 9!  :happy face

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_pcusgoXmqf1tz53qh_1280

Tickets for the show are sold out.  Check your local listings for the time it will air in your area.

Other guests include Issa Rae & Ronnie Chieng

Darren's Schedule

August 4                           TCA Awards are announced

August 9                           Darren is on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS                      

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcy8dyygVR1ubd9qxo2_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcy8dyygVR1ubd9qxo1_1280

Aw, this is so nice!
lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcxbhqcFOl1ubd9qxo1_1280

From dcriss-archive:

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcyil0i9Gu1wpi2k2o1_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pcyil0i9Gu1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget to record Darren on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS

Darren's Schedule

August 9                           Darren is on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS                      

From dcriss-archive:

Darren hung out with his college roommate, Etai Benson.  :happy face

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd4pplqLyF1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Etai Benson’s Instagram Story (August 7th, 2018)

He sounds good.  :happy face
Via Etai Benson’s Instagram Story (August 7th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

Kevin Hines is an inspiration to many.  He also has been a supporter of Darren's for a while.  :happy face
lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd3zgnYy3Y1wpi2k2o1_540

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd3zgnYy3Y1wpi2k2o2_1280
Link

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget to record Darren on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS

Darren's Schedule

Maybe Darren will go to China for a concert?  I hope so, for the sake of his fans in  China!  :happy face

DarrenCriss_Official: Hey, Weibo’s Chinese friends haven’t come to say hello for a long time, are you okay? Thank you for your continued support! I have never been to China since I said that I hope there will be opportunities in the near future! Here also hope to bring more fresh and interesting content for everyone, welcome to visit more ~ See you kiss

via dcriss-archive

From Darren Criss Army:

Look how cute he is.  He sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and is very grounded.  Can you imagine making that much money, period, not to mention at his age?  That couple is gross--doing that to a 15-year old kid.  In terms of what he's jealous of regular kids, Gaten, just hang out with Darren.  In no time--you will no longer be afraid to act like an idiot in public.  :amused  Darren has no problem with being silly in public, which is a good thing. 
The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Hollywood's Top 30 Stars Under Age 18

8/8/2018

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 _dsc0073-h_2018
Courtesy of Nate Taylor

AGE 15

KNOWN FOR 
Stranger Things

The New Jersey native joined with fellow Stranger Things 
kids to score massive pay 
raises ahead of the third season 
of Netflix's hit, nabbing an estimated $250,000 an episode. He's since landed a voice part opposite Simon Pegg in animated comedy Hump and continues
to raise awareness (he has nearly 9 million followers on Instagram) for cleidocranial dysostosis, 
a genetic condition that affects his bones and teeth.

MOST RIDICULOUS FAN INTERACTION
"I had a couple lick my neck when they hugged me. I didn't know what to do. It was uncomfortable." 

I'M DYING TO WORK WITH … Darren Criss

LAST SHOW I BINGED
Netflix's Imposters 

HOW I SPENT MY FIRST PAYCHECK
 "Put it right into a trust. I don't spend the money that I make. I don't need anything right now."

MY PARENTS ALWAYS TELL ME TO …
"Chew with my mouth closed."

I WISH I WERE OLD ENOUGH TO …
"Drive." 

WHEN I GROW UP, I WANT TO …
"Hike the Pacific Crest Trail because that sounds awesome." 

MY GENERATION, IN A FEW WORDS, IS …
"Distracted, inspired and creative."

I'M JEALOUS OF REGULAR KIDS WHEN …
"They get to act like idiots in public. I can't do that."
Source:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/hollywoods-top-30-stars-under-age-18-1130157/item/top-kids-gaten-matarazzo-1130132

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

From dcriss-archive: 

Darren went to see Means Girls on Broadway.  Ashley also went to U of Michigan.  :happy face
lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd8zisvtOz1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Ashley Park’s Instagram Story (August 10th, 2018)

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd88bh56mM1wpi2k2o1_1280
giannayanelli: He’s a very chill, dope dude

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pd84qyOtfR1wpi2k2o1_1280
blakedan: WE’D RATHER BE BARRET

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Have randomly found this video. I hadn't seen it yet :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, thanks for posting that video, Jeremy.

Darren's mom is so cute.  I love the interaction between them.  :happy face

Ah memories! I love that video. Thank you for posting it, Jeremy. It never fails to warm my heart. The Criss family are so cute.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

4 weeks to go, folks!  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

From d-criss-news:

Funny or Die has launched a program to get out the vote for the vastly critical midterm elections on November 6, where Democrats and all those who support human rights (immigrant rights, women's rights/reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, voting rights), preservation of our environment and upholding justice and the rule of law are hoping to flip the U.S. House of Representatives and possibly the U.S. Senate.  Thank you Darren, for being a part of "Glam Up the Midterms" promotion (although Darren may want to tweet/instagram the message, as others have done :happy face ). 
lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe16uekyo21xdriupo1_500
billyeichner: Making some GLAM UP THE MIDTERMS magic with this crew today! Democracy is ADORABLE. Video coming soon…..

mandymooremm  I’d watch this superhero movie. I kid, I kid. However we did get together today to help @glamupthemidterms and stress the importance of getting out and voting this November 6th.   Video coming soon. Also these gentlemen are all pretty fantastic. Lucky me.

glamupthemidterms  Game time, America! Are you ready?   #Repost @billyeichner: Making some GLAM UP THE MIDTERMS magic with this motley crew today! Democracy is ADORABLE. Video coming soon.... @glamupthemidterms

bradjenkins  YES. The greatest fucking humans. 73 days until Election Day! Let’s go! #GlamUpTheMidterms

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe18fo65LX1xdriupo1_1280
bradjenkins:  YES. The greatest fucking humans. 73 days until Election Day! Let’s go! #GlamUpTheMidterms

From Darren Criss Army:

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe1btwj9Wz1ubd9qxo3_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe1btwj9Wz1ubd9qxo1_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe1btwj9Wz1ubd9qxo2_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pe1btwj9Wz1ubd9qxo4_1280

Darren Criss with Mandy Moore, Kumail Nanjani, Bill Eichner & Randall Park for the #GlamUpTheMideterms project, 25 Aug 2018.
X, X, X, X

But first, please make sure you are REGISTERED To VOTE NOW!

For information of how to REGISTER TO VOTE IN YOUR STATE, go here: 

https://marchforourlives.com/vote-for-our-lives/

You may also go here:
https://www.rockthevote.org/register-to-vote/

If you are already registered to vote and wish to vote by ABSENTEE BALLOT/VOTE BY MAIL, go here:

https://www.rockthevote.org/voting-information/

(Select "Get Ready to Vote in:" and select your state.  Then select "Vote by Mail/Absentee."  If you wish to vote while overseas/because you are in the military, select "Overseas and Military Voting." 

Also:

I came across this Voters' Rights organization that is run by the respected organization, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.   Here is some contact info if you ever have problems at the voting polls:

National Election Protection Hotlines:
1-866-OUR-VOTE OR 1-866-687-8683

Website (info about voting rules of your state, voter registration, requesting absentee ballots, finding your polling place):  http://866ourvote.org/

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

September 5                     Pre-Sale for Elsie Fest at 10 am EST.  Get Pre-Sale code:  https://www.elsiefest.com/

or http://www.darrencriss.com/elsiefest2018

September 7                     General Sale for Elsie Fest at 10 am EST  https://www.elsiefest.com/

I've been with visiting family this holiday weekend. 

Since this forum is not on tumblr, I don't always repost non-YouTube videos when I'm short on time, since non-YouTube videos take time for me (I have to search for the code, copy and paste the code, add the caption, and sometimes re-size the video). 

But here are some nice pics of Darren and Mia in Bali.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pecv34KDCO1tz53qh_1280

lmdctour - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 8 Tumblr_pecv36nXtg1tz53qh_1280
Darren and Mia via Mia’s Snapchat (mia.elan) August 31, 2018

There's some videos of Darren being at a Fergie concert and she pulled him onto the stage.  He joins her in a short duet of Big Girls Don't Cry.  He sounds good!  :happy face

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'll be on vacation for a few days.  Hope everyone has a good week!

Darren's Schedule

September 7                     General Sale for Elsie Fest at 10 am EST  https://www.elsiefest.com/

October 7                          Elsie Fest! ( Central Park, NYC)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

September 7                     General Sale for Elsie Fest continues  https://www.elsiefest.com/

September 12                   Pre-Sale for LMDC Tour starts at 10 am PT.   Tickets:  https://www.lmdctour.com/

September 24                   Darren via TodayTix is hosting a benefit concert for the Dramatists Guild Foundation in Brooklyn.
                                         Tickets:  TodayTix App or https://www.todaytix.com/x/nyc/shows/12764-todaytix-live

September 26                   Darren is performing at WE Day UN at Barclay's Center NYC

October 7                          Elsie Fest! ( Central Park, NYC):  https://www.elsiefest.com/

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum