Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From d-criss-news:

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_pfwaj5iZwB1xdriupo1_500
d-criss-news:
Via Katie Rain’s Instagram Story (September 30th, 2018)
(via ihearthemcallingforyou)

via ipwarn

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_pfvzql0LK91xdriupo1_500
d-criss-news:
Via Cole Ramstad’s Instagram Story (September 30, 2018)
(via darrenismydarcy)

via ipwarn

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

FRom Darren Criss Army:

Not sure where this is from?

Darren Criss chante tes séries préférées

(Source: youtube.com)

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCp7ZKiaaQo

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:Not sure where this is from?

From the Monte-Carlo Television Festival in Monaco.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, Jeremy, I didn't see this earlier.  Thanks for your answer! :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, it didn't take a lot of research, it's on the wall behind him :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  I did say I'm not very observant, didn't I?  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Via gottalivealoha

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_pgf6rvgC7H1xdriupo1_500
d-criss-news:
Via Tom Poleman’s Instagram Story (October 10th, 2018)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

Sale for LMDC Tour continues.  Tickets:  https://www.lmdctour.com/

October 26                        LMDC Tour:  Las Vegas, NV- The Chelsea

October 27                        LMDC Tour:       Salt Lake City, UT - Eccles Theater            

October 29                        LMDC Tour:  San Francisco, CA- The Masonic

October 30                        LMDC Tour:  San Jose, CA- Center for the Performing Arts

November 1                       LMDC Tour:  San Diego, CA- Humphreys Concerts By the Bay

November 2                       LMDC Tour:   Costa Mesa, CA - Segerstrom Center for the Arts

November 3                       LMDC Tour:  Tempe, AZ- Gammage Auditorium @ ASU

November 5                       LMDC Tour:  Los Angeles, CAThe Theatre at the Ace Hotel

November 29                     LMDC Tour:  Dublin, Ireland -Vicar Street

December 1                       LMDC Tour:  Brighton, UK-Brighton Centre

December 2                       LMDC Tour:  London, UK - Eventim Apollo

December 4                       LMDC Tour:  Glasgow, UK - SEC Armadillo

December 5                      LMDC Tour:  Manchester, UK -Manchester Apollo

December 7                      LMDC Tour:  Birmingham, UK - Birmingham Arena

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you, Darren, Judd Apatow, and Tig Notaro for supporting Swing Left, a group dedicated to having our country adopt more progressive policies to better the lives of many.

From Darren Criss Army:

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_pgxr9iO73g1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren with Benmont Tench, Judd Apatow & Tig Notaro at the benefit for Swing Left, at @LargoLosAngeles, Oct 20.

Via Largo Los Angeles on IG

Via Gleekto:

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_pgysggRgGx1xdriupo1_500
d-criss-news:
juddapatow Great night at @largolosangeles for @swingleft. Thanks Tig, Pete Davidson, Pete Holmes, Benmont Tench and Darren Criss! Next week- Beck! Ticket info in bio.

via Gleekto

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorta late posting this:

From Darren Criss Army:

darrencriss Hooray! @dearevanhansen has made it to the west coast! To celebrate the #DEHtour premiere in LA last weekend I just wanted to shout out @valemmich and the release of the #DEHNovel this month as well- An awesome companion to #DearEvanHansen universe! Thanks @pasekandpaul for always letting me ride the coattails of your much deserved success. From New York to Ann Arbor to Los Angeles… As always, #GOBLUE

via Darren Criss Army

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

The LMDC tour restarts tomorrow night!  :happy face

October 26                        LMDC Tour:  Las Vegas, NV- The Chelsea

October 27                        LMDC Tour:       Salt Lake City, UT - Eccles Theater            

October 29                        LMDC Tour:  San Francisco, CA- The Masonic

October 30                        LMDC Tour:  San Jose, CA- Center for the Performing Arts

November 1                       LMDC Tour:  San Diego, CA- Humphreys Concerts By the Bay

November 2                       LMDC Tour:   Costa Mesa, CA - Segerstrom Center for the Arts

November 3                       LMDC Tour:  Tempe, AZ- Gammage Auditorium @ ASU

November 5                       LMDC Tour:  Los Angeles, CAThe Theatre at the Ace Hotel

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

Via Darren Criss Army:

Rufus' Wainright's music video is out, with Darren in the video.  Rufus has such a beautiful voice.

Rufus Wainwright’s video for Sword Of Damocles featuring Darren!

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_phfhi31QrJ1tz53qh_1280

And now we know what this picture is from! 

Via Andrew Ondrejcak on IG

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo9_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo2_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo7_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo5_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo3_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo6_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo4_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo8_1280

TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 Tumblr_phgrv3zBRT1ubd9qxo1_1280

andrewisamerican   The Sword of Damocles  by @rufuswainwright featuring @darrencriss directed my moi with wardrobe by @viviennewestwood cinematography by @lauramerians art department by @enron_jr Get out your swords and Vote yo!

Via Darren Criss Army:

Bloomberg wrote:
‘Dear Mr. President’: Rufus Wainwright Is Back With a Political Anthem

The singer-songwriter discusses the video for his new song, “Sword of Damocles,” from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit voter registration efforts.

October 30, 2018

It’s sometimes tempting to wish this midterm election was ancient history.

But for vocalist and composer Rufus Wainwright, ancient history is speaking to us right now. The artist’s newly released song and video, Sword of Damocles, draws on a millennia-old parable that teaches about the perils that come with great power.

[. . . ]

. . . like other artists exploring their feelings in the runup to the midterms, Wainwright believes the time is right to release the song with the intent to encourage people to think and, more importantly, vote.

Popularized by Roman philosopher Cicero in his 45 B.C. book Tusculan Disputations, the Sword of Damocles tale centers on tyrannical king Dionysius II, who rules over the Sicilian city Syracuse during the fourth and fifth centuries B.C. Although rich and powerful, Dionysius II is distrustful of those around him and very unhappy. In Cicero’s version, the king’s dissatisfaction comes to a head when a young court flatterer named Damocles remarks how wonderful his life must be. In an effort to get Damocles to understand his predicament, Dionysius II sits him on a gold couch and showers him with rich clothing, food, and servants.

Damocles begins to enjoy the spoils but also notices a razor-sharp sword hung above his head by the king, which is suspended by a string of horsehair. Now constantly aware of the sword, Damocles begs the king to allow him to leave, having realized he no longer wishes to be so fortunate, as it comes with such dire consequences.

In the aftermath of the 2016 election, Wainwright researched the story and completed the song. “I was kind of shocked at how apt it was for what we were experiencing politically,” he says, viewing the tale as a parable about the impending doom that can come from—and be inflicted on—those in positions of power.

[ . . . ]

Directed by Andrew Ondrejcak, the video features Wainwright as Dionysius and The Assassination of Gianni Versace actor Darren Criss in the role of Damocles, with costumes by British designer Vivienne Westwood. Wainwright and Criss are seated at opposite ends of a long table as the spoils of wealth and power are first lavished on the king and then on Damocles.

The simplicity of the visuals is important to Wainwright; there are no references to President Trump other than a brief script intro that reads: “Dear Mr. President. This ancient story from the 4th century reminds me of you.”

. . . A father of a young daughter with his husband of six years, German artistic director Jörn Weisbrodt, Wainwright previously supported same-sex marriage rights, and a portion of the proceeds from Sword of Damocles will benefit voter registration efforts via the Swing Left movement.
Source:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-30/rufus-wainwright-on-the-sword-of-damocles-video-politics

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think it's at least the third time he appears in someone else's music video. This one is original and has a message.

Are you going to see Darren and Lea tonight, Poppy? It looks like a lovely venue! 
It would be a wonderful distraction from the craziness of real life for a bit. 
If you're going, enjoy what is sure to be an awesome concert! 
*fingers crossed that you're able to attend*

Jeremy, are you able to attend any of the European leg of the LMDC Tour stops? 
*fingers crossed for you too* 

ETA: Hi, everyone!  :hello

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv and Jeremy! Hi there! 

Jeremy wrote:I think it's at least the third time he appears in someone else's music video. This one is original and has a message.

Yes, I thought this video was very interesting and I liked its message and how that message applied to the current political climate in the U.S.

Regarding how many times Darren was in someone's music video, Lilikoiluv may correct on this, but I think this is his 4th time guest-starring in another  artist's music video.

Katy Perry:  Last Friday Night
Capital Cities:  Kangaroo Court
A Great Big World:  Already Home
Rufus Wainwright:  Sword of Damocles

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlyXNRrsk4A

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJinWua98NA

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz9UBfXmXsM

Hi Lilikoiluv--so nice to see you!  I'm not going to the concert Thursday night--sorry!  :cry   It does look very lovely there, doesn't it?  Maybe if Darren ever does a California version of Elsie Fest, he can use that venue.  :happy face  This week's been a bit hectic.  If the So Cal LMDC tour concerts were just one 1 week later . . .Anyway, I hope you are doing all right.  (I know it's been sorta stressful in the U.S. right now).  I was actually thinking of you and was gonna drop you a line after the election's over to say hi.

-

I love A Great Big World's "Already Home" video!  
Here are a few more music videos that I can remember Darren being a part of: 

Charlene Kaye's "Skin and Bones"  :love

There's another early music video of Charlene's "Magnolia Wine" that, interestingly, had Darren and Charlene in a similar split screen concept as "Already Home" but sharing more dire relationship circumstances. Sadly, I can't seem to locate it.  I wonder if she took it down for some reason? It was actually on her sister Liann's youtube account, IIRC. I don't know If I happen to locate it, I'll post it. 

ETA:  Found it!  It is "unlisted" now. I wonder why? 

Montgomery Gentry's "Roll with Me"  :cry

Darren is wearing his own shirt in this.  Either that, or maybe he was able to keep the shirt from the video shoot?   :big grin

and, of course,  Charlene Kaye's "Dress and Tie"  :love

He's wearing the same shirt as he did in the Gentry Montgomery video above.  :amused I gotta say, he sure takes good care of his clothes--he wears clothes from quite a while back.  I seem to remember early professional headshot-type photos of a young Darren with this same shirt too! I think he even wore the shirt in that techy-video show he hosted while in high school/early college (can't remember exactly when. I should go back and check it out again. . . .for you know, science.  :big grin ) So many of his shirts have a "history" with him . . . and we fans. lol!

He also made an appearance dancing in the background in another Capital Cities music video for "I Stole My Bed But Not My Stereo" 

Poppy wrote:Hi Lilikoiluv--so nice to see you!  I'm not going to the concert Thursday night--sorry!  TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 3129030996   It does look very lovely there, doesn't it?  Maybe if Darren ever does a California version of Elsie Fest, he can use that venue.  TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 3308115737  This week's been a bit hectic.  If the So Cal LMDC tour concerts were just one 1 week later . . .Anyway, I hope you are doing all right.  (I know it's been sorta stressful in the U.S. right now).  I was actually thinking of you and was gonna drop you a line after the election's over to say hi.
Awww, I was hoping you would be able to enjoy them in concert together.  They really seem to have such a great rapport and I love their bantering between songs!  Yes, that venue looks like it would be a nice Elsie Fest-West location! thumbs up He posted a short video from the venue prior to the concert and mentioned how it was a really nice outdoor venue!

I'm doing okay; thanks for asking. Things are stressful and disheartening here in the U.S., plus the critical mid-term elections are happening too. But I'll refrain from ranting here in our Happy Darren Appreciation place!  :peace

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Hello Lilikoiluv :hug

Well, it seems I've missed/forgotten a few Darren projects, once again. He's so active, I can't keep up excited

I don't know for the British and Irish LMDC concerts. It's not that far (London-Brussels by train takes a bit more than 2 hours) but I'm not decided yet, for multiples reasons.

I suppose you're also excited for the big movie project to come.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  I knew I left out something.  Razz Thanks Lilikoiluv for filling in what I left out!   I remember watching those Charlene Kaye videos--I really enjoyed Skin and Bones video--so fun to watch.  And I have so much affection for the Dress and Tie song.  I really love the tone of Darren's voice on both Skin and Bones, and Dress and Tie--sort of a sultry quality to his voice.   Daren looks so young in the Montgomery Gentry video--thx for noting about his shirt (I didn't notice that--you are so observant!).   And I didn't even know Darren was in the background for Capital Cities's ISold My Bed video.  I'm glad you are doing ok, Lilikoiluv!  I'll drop you a note after the midterm elections on November 6.

Jeremy wrote:
Well, it seems I've missed/forgotten a few Darren projects, once again. He's so active, I can't keep up TCA - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 10 3173298380
haha.  Darren is the Energizer Bunny--it's amazing how active he is.    If you go to one of the LMDC concerts, let us know!  If not, no worries.  I imagine you must have a busy schedule, Jeremy, like many folks.

*Jeremy* wrote:Hello Lilikoiluv :hug

Well, it seems I've missed/forgotten a few Darren projects, once again. He's so active, I can't keep up excited

I don't know for the British and Irish LMDC concerts. It's not that far (London-Brussels by train takes a bit more than 2 hours) but I'm not decided yet, for multiples reasons.

I suppose you're also excited for the big movie project to come.
Hi, Jeremy!  :hug

If you do find that you can attend the LMDC concert, I hope you have a great time! 
My husband and I went to a concert with Mandy Patinkin on Saturday at a beautifully restored old theatre (the Hawaii Theatre) and while sitting there it dawned on me that it would be a lovely space for a LMDC tour stop. Some day . . . maybe . . . one can dream.  :happy face  

By "next big movie project," do you mean "Midway"?  
I'll admit that I was excited to have Darren somewhere on the same island for a while.   :blush
But alas, it seems that he completed filming his part in TORONTO recently. Ah well.  

Poppy wrote:
I remember watching those Charlene Kaye videos--I really enjoyed Skin and Bones video--so fun to watch.  And I have so much affection for the Dress and Tie song.  I really love the tone of Darren's voice on both Skin and Bones, and Dress and Tie--sort of a sultry quality to his voice.  
YES to that sultry quality to his voice in those videos. I really loved Darren's collaborations with Charlene. Their voices blend well together and you can tell that they've been performing together for a while.  

Poppy wrote:Daren looks so young in the Montgomery Gentry video--thx for noting about his shirt (I didn't notice that--you are so observant!). 
I wish I were this observant in real-life important things! lol.  
BTW, I thought I'd add a rainy youtube compilation of some of his "That Media Show" hosting for posterity sake.  :amused 
You could watch the show for free in HD on itunes but I'm not sure if they are still there.
Adding to the "Darren wearing his own plaid shirt in productions" pile: 

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Of course I was talking about Midway, is Darren also on Fantastic Beasts or something like that ? :amused

It's possible you already had posted a comment about the movie and the shooting locations, I didn't remember. I'm sorry for you about Hawaii and I realize I've missed something once again because I didn't know about Toronto. But I'm glad the shooting is over because he can now move to another project.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum