Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for all the info in your post, and for that video, Lilikoiluv!

Jeremy wrote:But I'm glad the shooting is over because he can now move to another project.

Me too! 

From Darren Criss Army:

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_phr28sDVGd1tz53qh_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_phr28sHBdZ1tz53qh_1280

(Source: twitter.com)

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_phr49vuKwx1tz53qh_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story November 5, 2018

(Source: instagram.com)

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Been meaning to post this, but was just so busy and running on very little sleep.  Again, better late than never!

Via Darren Criss Army:

via Darren’s IG Story, November 6, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren is presenting on the People's Choice Awards tonight (Sunday).  :happy face

Darren's Schedule:

November 11                    *Darren is a presenter on the People's Choice Awards (airs 9 Pm ET)

November 29                     LMDC Tour:  Dublin, Ireland -Vicar Street

December 1                       LMDC Tour:  Brighton, UK-Brighton Centre

December 2                       LMDC Tour:  London, UK - Eventim Apollo

December 4                       LMDC Tour:  Glasgow, UK - SEC Armadillo

December 5                      LMDC Tour:  Manchester, UK -Manchester Apollo

December 7                      LMDC Tour:  Birmingham, UK - Birmingham Arena

*People's Choice Awards airs 9pm, Sunday, November 11 on 5 channels:  E!, Bravo, SYFY, Universo, and USA Network.  Darren is presenting, and he was nominated for "Drama TV Star of 2018" for his work on The Assassination of Gianni Versace:
American Crime Story.  (Harry Shum also was nominated, for "Male TV Star of 2018" for his work on Shadowhunters.)

via Darren Criss Army:

Nice to see Chord and Darren hanging out together.  :happy face
happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi04qsf0Zl1ubd9qxo1_1280
Chord with Darren's Emmy

“Such an honor to win my first Emmy without a nomination. #dreambig #stealanemmy #darrencriss

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry I haven't been posting much later.  I am fighting off a cold, am busy volunteering with political stuff (run-off for U.S. Senate in Mississippi ) and trying to deal with extended family business.  I may not be posting much for the next few days.   I just feel so tired !!  oh :apology  Can Darren bottle off his never-ending energy so I can have some?

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It's okay, we wish you a prompt recovery and everything :hello

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks so much, Jeremy!    :hug Hope you are doing well.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm late posting this, but this is really interesting.  Wonder if Darren is doing a Netflix project with Cody and Finn (since Ryan has that giant deal with Netflix). . . we'll find out when we find out!  Can't wait! waiting

Via Darren Criss Army:

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi9dk6d9M31ubd9qxo1_1280

mrrpmurphy Cooking up something good for these three…

November 15, 2018

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi9dz0Es301tz53qh_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi9dz07yHb1tz53qh_1280

(Source: instagram.com)

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo9_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo2_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo8_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo6_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo3_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo5_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo4_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo10_r1_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pi7eejSBA01ubd9qxo7_r1_1280

Posted by Ryan Pearson, AP Entertainment journalist

Darren's Schedule:

November 28                    Darren is on John Legend & Chrissy Teigen's Holiday Special (and Jane Lynch too) on NBC, 10 pm ET/PT (repeats on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 10 pm ET/PT)

November 29                     LMDC Tour:  Dublin, Ireland -Vicar Street

ET wrote:
John Legend & Chrissy Teigen's Holiday Special Adds Darren Criss, Jane Lynch, Meghan Trainor (Exclusive)

November 15, 2018

John Legend and Chrissy Teigen's holiday TV special just got more star-studded!

Jane Lynch, Darren Criss, Meghan Trainor and Raphael Saadiq have joined the upcoming NBC special, A Legendary Christmas With John and Chrissy, and they'll be showing off their pipes, ET has exclusively learned.

[. . . ]

In the hour-long TV special, Legend and Teigen go “surprise caroling,” going door-to-door surprising people in a suburb of Los Angeles with Lynch, Criss, Trainor and Saadiq to sing Christmas carols. 

A Legendary Christmas airs Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC, with a repeat on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Source:  https://www.etonline.com/john-legend-chrissy-teigens-holiday-special-adds-darren-criss-jane-lynch-meghan-trainor-exclusive

Kiss the Holidays Hello with John Legend and Chrissy Teigen - A Legendary Christmas

(Source: youtube.com)

Youtube Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=3IPnQOWM-uM

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Do you imagine ? You open your door and Darren and other guys begin to sing for you Embarassed

Darren in a Netflix series or movie by Ryan Murphy, that would deserve at least a banana smiley excited

Btw, I hope you feel better :hello

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:Do you imagine ? You open your door and Darren and other guys begin to sing for you happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Icon_redface

haha!  Hard to imagine how I would react if I saw Darren, Jane Lynch and John Legend singing to me! 

Jeremy wrote:Darren in a Netflix series or movie by Ryan Murphy, that would deserve at least a banana smiley happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 3173298380

ha!  The only reason why I didn't use the dancing banana guy was because I'm not very sure yet if a new Netflix show is what Ryan's instagram message meant.  :amused   I guess Darren, Finn and Cody could also be on a non-Netflix show, like AHS (which I would have a harder time watching because horror shows in general tend to scare me), but given that that entertainment journalist also saw Darren at Netflix does make me lean toward a new Netflix show.  Is that your guess too?

So yeah, you're right, this deserves the dancing banana! Yea! 

Hope we get final confirmation sometime soon!  :fingers crossed

Jeremy wrote:Btw, I hope you feel better happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 1217353140

Thanks so much, Jeremy!  :hug  I am feeling better!  :happy face  How are you doing?

Via Darren Criss Army:

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pintfeCS6S1ubd9qxo1_1280
leamichele Only a few more days until #LMDCtour with @darrencriss starts back up in Ireland + the UK! Get tickets now lmdctour.com

-

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I'm okay, thanks. 

I don't see a lot of reasons for the fact he was at Netflix. Maybe it's about putting Royalties or even Smitten on Netflix, idk. But Ryan's tweet pushes me in the direction of a role in a Netflix original. Of course, it could be AHS but that would also be a good news for me :happy face

2019 could be a big Darren year on the acting side :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote: But Ryan's tweet pushes me in the direction of a role in a Netflix original.
I agree with this!  Ryan's message is everything, right?  Otherwise, Darren's presence at Netflix could be related to Smitten!, as you said.  (Not sure about Royalties, because I thought that was a possible Fox project?) 

haha.  Yes, I remember you are a fan of AHS.  :happy face 
Jeremy wrote:2019 could be a big Darren year on the acting side happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 3295213406
I'm all for that!

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I don't remember the details about Royalties but, in the case of Smitten, I don't think Darren is co-producer or something like that and I don't think Netflix talks with the cast when they think about putting a movie into the catalogue. 

Btw, following our discussion from the other day, I hope Darren has heard about the last D&G controversy and won't sit at their table next time.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, of course you're right about Smitten! 

Thanks for letting me know about the controversy of the Dolce and Gabbana ads.  I don't know if Darren is aware of the latest controversy, but if he is, perhaps he will pause to consider how sitting at their table will reflect on him.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding the John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Holiday Special:

Via Darren Criss Army:

Darren appears at 1:28.  :happy face

Darren appears at 0:40.  :happy face Chrissy is so funny--she was rooting for Darren to win (not her hubby).  :amused

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Reveal Holiday Secrets in Rapid-Fire Christmas Game! (Exclusive)

via https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/chrissy-teigen-and-john-legend-reveal-holiday-secrets-in-rapid-fire-christmas-game

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry for my brief absence.  An extended family issue came up. 

The John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Holiday Special

Via Darren Criss  Army:

Nice to see Darren and Jane together again. 

via Darren’s Instagram Story, Nov 28, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pix8f9UzEb1tz53qh_1280

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Tumblr_pix8faiaJH1tz53qh_1280

(Source: twitter.com)

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, for not posting, extended family drama and being sick are my excuses.  It's not fun to be sick.  moody   So tomorrow, January 6, the Golden Globe nominations will be announced.  Many media sites are predicting nominations for ACS Versace, including for Darren in the category of Best TV Movie/Limited ActorYou can watch the nominations on the Website for the Golden Globes, or on their Facebook  at 8:05 a.m. ET/5:05 a.m. PT.
https://www.goldenglobes.com/

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenGlobes/

Darren's Schedule:

December 6                      Golden Globe Nominations

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to Ryan, Darren, Edgar, Penelope, and the cast and crew of ACS Versace for their 4 Golden Globe nominations today!

Also, Ryan Murphy received a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday (December 5)!  Congrats to Ryan!

"My dream in life was just to be able to be myself which I know many people relate to. . .  to say what I wanted to say, to create stories that move me, to tell stories about women, older women, gay people and trans people and flawed men, and that dream did come true."  Aw, beautifully said, Ryan.  And he's so funny, especially about his kids! 
Advocate wrote:
Out TV Icon Ryan Murphy Is Now a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

December 5, 2018

happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 Ryanmurphy750x422
Murphy — behind LGBTQ-centric shows like Pose — is honored for his work.

Gay producer Ryan Murphy was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to mark his numerous television accomplishments, reports NBC's Los Angeles affiliate, KNBC.  

Murphy is known creating the hit series Glee, as well as Popular, American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Feud, and most recently, Pose, which is notable for its transgender cast and storylines.

Murphy has won a total of six Emmys, including two in the category of "Outstanding Mini Series" — The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story won in 2016 and The Assassination Of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story won this past year.

"Ryan Murphy is one of the most creative and brilliant minds in television,'' Ana Martinez, producer of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, told KNBC. "His shows open the doors for people to see things they may have never thought of and invites viewers to his world of exhilarating programming." Watch a clip of Murphy receiving his star below, courtesy of Entertainment Tonight.

Murphy's next project, The Politician, is a Netflix original series set to be released next year. Murphy was also recently honored by the Trevor Project (the producer also donated thousands to the LGBTQ youth crisis hotline), and vowed to spend his own money to get out candidates elected to higher office.

Source:  https://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/2018/12/05/out-tv-icon-ryan-murphy-now-star-hollywood-walk-fame

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Welcome back :hello

Good news for Darren and Ryan, indeed. I'm curious about "The politician".

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Welcome back happybirthday - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2018 - Page 11 1217353140

Aw, thanks Jeremy.  It's good to be back.  I'm not  completely over my cold, but I'm on the mend.  :happy face

Yes, congrats to Ryan for his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and to Darren for his Golden Globe nom!!  So happy for both of them!! :bravo thumbs up clapping hands

(haha.  For a moment, I thought you were saying Darren was connected to Ryan's "The Politician" project.)  Yes, I would love to see The Politician.

This is a cute video.  Love it when Darren's whole face breaks into a laugh like this.  Cute!

Darren playing mini-golf with Ryan Lerman, December 7, 2018, via Ryan’s Instagram Story

via Darren Criss Army

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum