Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  That's so funny about Darren's former teacher.  Thanks for the background info about him being in Stranger Things.  I had no idea.  What a small world.

It was so great that Michael Feinstein thought of including Darren in the party for Liza Minelli.  It's so nice that Darren makes this great friendships with such talented and thoughtful people.  Thanks for the background info about Michelle Lee, Lilikoiluv.  I had no idea (again!).  What a nice H2$ connection!  Cross fingers for a video of a duet that happened!

Yes, TSG does seem to be doing well.  If one is into spotting celebrities, TSG is the place to be, especially if you are a fan of Darren.

Just when I said this in answer to your question, Jeremy:

Poppy wrote:You know, I don't really know.  I haven't really seen any pattern (days of the week), although I may have missed it.  And I don't believe he really announces ahead of time (for good reason) when he's gonna be there behind the piano.  

Darren went ahead and tweeted this earlier on Sunday (sorry for my tardiness--I've been out for most of the day):

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcnf4f6T8a1wpi2k2o4_r1_540

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcnf4f6T8a1wpi2k2o3_r1_540
via dcriss-archive

So contrary to what I said a couple of days ago, I guess Darren does indeed sometimes state ahead of time that he will be at TSG performing.  Embarassed  

-

102Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty TSG: Mia and Darren's piano bar Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TSG:  Mia and Darren's piano bar

FRom dcriss-archive:

So nice to see Jenna and Kevin at TSG.  Kevin looks like he's had a few drinks. :amused

boybandzamakemedance: A mini Glee reunion (July 29, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

Jenna, Kevin and Lea Salonga.  :happy face
Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcovuhq0Tn1wpi2k2o2_1280

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcovuhq0Tn1wpi2k2o3_1280
X X

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcp3gaJ6fX1wpi2k2o1_540

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcp3gaJ6fX1wpi2k2o2_r1_540

Keala Settle, Andy Mientus, Lea Salonga, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale.  :happy face

Via Cassie Esparza’s Instagram Story (July 30, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

jasmineebrielle: This room was so full of love what a night. I’m so BLESSED! @TrampStampGrans @DarrenCriss @MiaVonGlitz @kealasettle @MsLeaSalonga @andymientus @michaelarden @JennaUshkowitz @druidDUDE

via dcriss-archive

jasmine.brielle: I witnessed the ORIGINAL princess Jasmine sing A Whole New World and I will never be the same again. @darrencriss @msleasalonga #awholenewworld @trampstampgrannys

via dcriss-archive

-

103Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty TSG: Mia and Darren's piano bar Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:44 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lea Salonga, Andy Mientus, Keala Settle, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale.    Lea, Andy and Jenna sound great.  They look like they are having so much fun!   When the bar is expecting so much talent to attend, I would love for them to have a couple of more microphones for the Broadway guests.  :happy face

One Day More

Close up.  :happy face

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pcqbsdHMzR1qe3h8a_500
cassiesparzaJust an average sunday night celebrating @allieguertler bday + the closing of three amazing shows

via dcriss-archive

Another close up.  Darren sounds good.  :happy face

laurawileycoyote: Oh….did I mention that “One Day More” happened with Lea Salonga as Eponine?!?! #onedaymore #trampstampgrannys #afterparty #lesmiserables #leasalonga #dreams #bestnightever #singalong #pianobar #keysandkisses

via dcriss-archive

-

104Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty TSG: Mia and Darren's piano bar Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:24 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

heart
Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcumj4g0D61wpi2k2o1_540

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcumj4g0D61wpi2k2o2_540

The beauty and the emotion in Lea's voice brought tears to my eyes.  Just wow.

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pcsyremkzk1wpi2k2o1_1280
Video

Link:  https://twitter.com/kealasettle/status/1024416833326071809

-

Poppy wrote:haha.  That's so funny about Darren's former teacher.  Thanks for the background info about him being in Stranger Things.  I had no idea.  What a small world.
-
Randy Havens is not Darren's former teacher. He plays a teacher named Mr. Clarke on "Stranger Things" and Darren was joking about his character when he tweeted "Say it ain't so, Mr. Clarke. You were my favorite teacher...until now."  :big grin

I shouldn't confuse things by replying to old posts. Embarassed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  I obviously was very confused!  Thanks for clearing that up, Lilikoiluv!  thumbs up

107Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty TSG: Mia and Darren's Piano Bar Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TSG:  Mia and Darren's Piano Bar

From Darren Criss Army:

Nice article !
The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Inside Darren Criss' New Piano Bar in Hollywood

8/18/2018

The Emmy nominee quietly opened a group-singalong bar where patrons--who have included Jon Hamm, Emma Stone, Hailee Steinfeld and many of Criss' former 'Glee' co-starts--"light up when they walk in to screaming 'Mamma Mia.'"

The Emmy-nominated actor spends most of his L.A. nights at the lounge inspired by a favorite of his and Swier, NYC institution Marie's Crisis Cafe. Tramp Stamp Granny's — the name is a way of taking back the phrase "tramp stamp" and commemorating a generation of tatted grannies — "is the place every 
New Yorker has been craving for years in L.A.," 
says Jenna Ushkowitz, one of many Glee and American Crime Story stars, including Jonathan Groff, Chord Overstreet, Naya Rivera, Matthew Morrison and Kevin McHale, who have dropped in. Adds Superstore actor Ben Feldman: "It's simultaneously ridiculously fresh and a total throwback: It's as if an old Broadway piano bar went on a nasty drug binge and woke up with a face tattoo but, like, in the best way." Jon Hamm, Emma Stone, Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld, Ricky Martin, Alexander Skarsgard, Michelle Monaghan, Nick Kroll and Aaron Paul also have swung by, and Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal have crowded around Criss' own Yamaha piano to sing along to Fun Home's "Ring of Keys." (For the record, Ryan Murphy has not been in yet; Criss feels "he has more important things to do.")

The 31-year-old actor jokes that he's "only 
the piano player" and gives credit to Swier for the execution of concept, which features singing bartenders and bouncers. "The end result is musicology meets mixology, so you're getting the fun, rowdy vibe with interesting cocktails you won't get anywhere else," she says. Self-described "numbers guy" Massare says he knew instantly that "this was a winner" when the duo approached him over dinner (and confesses that he is waiting for Tom Waits to come by).

. . . . The former Beauty Bar space on Cahuenga Boulevard, with a covert back-alley entrance, is a "juxtaposition of an elegant, upscale atmosphere and a gritty, '80s-glam dive bar," says Swier, with pink glitter, Art Deco lighting, chain curtains and "lots of inappropriate neon," plus art commissioned from local artist Pasco. "There are few things I enjoy doing more than plying Winter, the singing bartender, for filthy martinis before begging her to sing Whitney Houston," says Zelda Williams, an actress and Robin Williams' daughter, who hosts bimonthly nights called Bis and Dolls; there is Monday's Queer Cabaret as well as a Ryes and Shine bottomless brunch (without the brunch) on Sundays.

Through it all, the biggest draw 
is the group singing, says Criss: "It really is infectious, the sort of intoxication you feel from being around" the vibe. Adds Swier: "What I love most is when people walk in off the street, 
not knowing what they've ventured into, and 
they let the ABBA wash over them."

Source:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/darren-criss-new-piano-bar-draws-hollywood-stars-1134526

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pdnt95eSkE1ubd9qxo3_1280
Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pdnt95eSkE1ubd9qxo1_1280

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pdnt95eSkE1ubd9qxo4_1280

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pdnt95eSkE1ubd9qxo5_1280
Inside Darren Criss' New Piano Bar in Hollywood

He sounds good.  Love the matching Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse ears.  :happy face

Darren Criss and Laura Wiley | You’ll be In My Heart | Tramp Stamp Grannys
(Source: youtube.com)

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

iHeart Radio Music Festival in Las Vegas (September 21, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren en route to the iHeart Festival in Las Vegas with Sarah Hyland, Debby Ryan, Mia & others! 
And YES HE SHAVED!!!!  laugh until you cry :heart eyes

Via Sarah’s IG story

via Darren Criss Army

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pfg0szmMzu1ubd9qxo6_1280

Some screenshots of Darren introducing Brendon Urie & Panic! At The Disco, at the iHeart Festival, 21 Sep 2018

(Source: cmtv.com livestream)

Spoiler:

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Okay y'all! Here’s Darren introducing Brendon Urie & Panic! At The Disco at the iHeart Festival!

Or as Darren said:
“JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN’T KNOW ALREADY MY NAME IS BRENDON URIE PLEASE WELCOME DARREN CRISS FEATURING PANIC! AT THE DISCO”

via Darren Criss Army

Spoiler:

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pfhcz5e0cs1tz53qh_1280

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pfhcz79er21tz53qh_1280
Darren, Mia, Nathan Johnson, Casey Cott & Jason Felts at the Chainsmokers show at the #iHeartRadioMusicFestival last night, via Nathan’s IG Story Sept 21, 2018

(Source: Instagram.com)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Fundraiser at TSG Piano Bar for Michael Avenatti  (OMGWTFVOTE) September 20, 2018

From Darren Criss Army:

I hope that they got a good sized crowd that night.  Thank you, Mia and Darren for supporting a good cause! 

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pfhjdeoIBO1ubd9qxo1_1280

Attorney Michael Avenatti and Emmy Winner Darren Criss with founder Ben Sheehan at OMG WTF’s launch event Thursday at TSG. 

“All 3 are running for president. #OMGWTFVOTE" laugh until you cry

Via OMG WTF on iG

-

111Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty Glam Up the Midterms, by Funny or Die Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren and others urging you to please register to vote and vote in the November 6 midterm elections for U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. Senators, and important State offices (like Governor, state Attorney General etc.)

Billy Eichner, Mandy Moore, Randall Park, Kumail Nanjiani, and Darren Criss meet up for a much-needed Non-Voters Anonymous Session to make sure they know where and how to vote in the upcoming midterm elections this November 6th. To register to vote, go to www.nrdc.org/vote2018

(Source: youtube.com)

funnyordie Give a sh*t. Vote this November with @billyeichner, @mandymooremm, @darrencriss, @kumailn, @randallpark and @nrdc. Register to vote at the link in our bio! #GlamUpTheMidterms

Darren Criss Army

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Tumblr_pfzd57L4JX1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas on Sept 21, 2018

People Magazine

Link:  https://people.com/music/iheartradio-music-festival-photo-booth-2018/

-

113Theatre - Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2018 - Page 6 Empty Mia and Darren's Piano Bar Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:41 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Mia and Darren's Piano Bar

Via darrencrissarmy:

The Infatuation wrote:
LA’s Best New Bars of 2018

Tramp Stamp Granny’s

Walking into Tramp Stamp Granny’s in Hollywood is like walking into the most insane high school theater cast party of all time. Here you’ll find bartenders belting Celine Dion and pouring shots, strangers having Missy Elliot rap-offs, and every single person singing Seasons of Love in unison. This rowdy piano bar is the kind of place you peak your head into because you hear noise from the sidewalk, and wake up the next morning with a text from an unknown number asking if you’re still on for the Dear Evan Hansen matinee.

Source:  https://www.theinfatuation.com/los-angeles/guides/the-best-new-bars-of-2018

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Via Darren Criss Army:

Billboard wrote:
'Lip Sync Battle' Returns with Mariah Carey Tribute, Big Bird, Darren Criss, Lele Pons, Queer Eye Cast and More: Watch Exclusive Trailer

1/8/2019

At first glance, the backstage area at Paramount TV’s Lip Sync Battle looks like a stylish, impossibly spacious cocktail lounge. . . A flock of drag queens floats through, followed by guest Darren Criss and his entourage. A party-like buzz of chatter and excitement fills the room.

. . . Patterson says guests have sought to one-up one another not only with their dance moves and lip-syncing skills, but with ever-more-elaborate set pieces and bigger surprise cameos — including this season’s biggest, Mariah Carey, who drops by her own tribute episode to watch Criss and Dupri let their inner divas run wild.

source:  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8492657/lip-sync-battle-mariah-carey-big-bird-darren-criss

What better way to kick off a new season of LSB than with LL Cool J, Chrissy Teigen, and the stars of upcoming episodes of Lip Sync Battle like Darren Criss, Jermaine Dupri, Andy Roddick, Brooklyn Decker, Jason Schwartzman, Big Bird, Lele Pons, Prince Royce, the cast of Queer Eye and special guest John Witherspoon jamming out to “It Takes Two” by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock? The new season starts Thursday, January 17th on Paramount Network.

Source: youtube.com

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum