Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some good-byes to Darren's Broadway Hedwig.   Reading these again made me feel emotional.  (Thank goodness he's doing Hedwig again, or I would feel really sad.)

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrqzanig7k1r4gxc3o1_500

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrqzanig7k1r4gxc3o2_500
July 19, 2015
Source:   @stephentrask and @stephentrask
via DCN

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr5fe3CkM1uo6446o1_500
Source:  @MichaelMayerDIR
darrencrisshedwig

Note:  Michael Mayer was the director of Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrqvz2yFFs1qbqtkso1_500
tirpse:
paul_mcgill_ My facking bæ. Going to miss you like woah, DC. Here’s to a lifetime more of laughter, passion, and love for creation. You don’t meet men like this everyday.#darrencriss leaves #HedwigOnBwaytoday.
DCN

Note:  Paul McGill was the Associate Choreographer on Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr29vfT9v1uo6446o1_500
pott28: Gonna miss this cute one @hedwigonbway @darrencriss #darrencriss #hedwig @kocosmetics
darrencrisshedwig

Note: Mike Potter was the makeup and wig designer for Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, as well as the makeup and wig designer for John Cameron Mitchell when John performed the character of Hedwig in the club, Squeezebox, in the 1990s.

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrqko51RGW1qbqtkso1_500

tirpse:
Shannon is Rebecca’s understudy
via DCN

Andrea Medina (Glee) is such a sweet friend to Darren.
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr226da5a1uo6446o1_500
msandreamedina: Wishing you a beautiful closing day as #Hedwig, @darrencriss! So thankful I was able to see you shine in NYC!
darrencrisshedwig

And Joaquin too. 
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrquguwCvE1r4gxc3o1_500
July 19, 2015
via DCN

And Corey Lubowich too.
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr20mzP5q1uo6446o1_500
coreylubo: Congrats on an incredible run; happy closing, my friend. @darrencriss @hedwigonbway #broadway #ghostlight #theatre
darrencrisshedwig

And Brian Holden.
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr7oco4XL1uo6446o1_500
via darrencrisshedwig

This was nice.
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrr1prNN4Z1uo6446o1_500
July 19, 2015
Producer of Girl Most Likely
darrencrisshedwig

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrqyd5xSmc1r4gxc3o1_500
HedwigOnBway: Lift up your hands for @DarrenCriss. Danke, Darren, for your electrifying Hedwig.
DCN

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrraubXaYc1uo6446o1_500

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrraubXaYc1uo6446o1_500
darrencrisshedwig:
RockerRick: And that is how you make a grand exit @DarrenCriss @HedwigOnBway #DarrenIsHedwig
DCN

And Bobby, the bodyguard who worked with Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, posted this on July 20.
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrsoxp6Xp21uo6446o1_500
Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrsoxp6Xp21uo6446o2_500
July 20, 2015
via darrencrisshedwig

-

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:30 am; edited 3 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

And I'll give Darren the last word(s) in this thread (and Stephen too--his faith in and support of Darren is truly touching).  :happy face

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrwvoblXmi1r4gxc3o1_500
July 22, 2015
Source:  @DarrenCriss
via DCN

Here is Darren's closing speech for Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway (which he gave while on top of a car) to his fans:

Darren Criss wrote:
I’m going to do it this way and then you can catch it on Youtube, alright? So, here’s the deal, I wanted to say something onstage but it just didn’t seem appropriate at the time, so a couple of things. First of all, I never thought I’d be given the opportunity or be in the position to open for Taye Diggs, so that’s really exciting. I get to do that (that was a joke). So um, what is there to say? There’s a couple of thank yous I was going to give, but I’m going to give them in person to friends at this next party. But first of all, guys, it’s our good friend Bobby Devlin’s last night. Bobby has been with every Hedwig and he’s worked his ass off to keep you guys safe and keep everyone happy. Number two, the American theater has a lot of amazing things, we have this very rich history of really kickass theaters and shows and characters and John Cameron Mitchell has given us one of the greatest, like the greatest character to add to the American lexicon of great theater, and I feel so incredibly proud to have been part of that narrative. Like a lot of you guys, I was a huge fan for a long time so I know what it’s like to be a fan and to wait out here at stage doors and to come back and come back get that picture and get that autograph - I know what it’s like to be really moved by something. So, I wanted to thank you guys for waiting out here in this crazy heat and the ticket prices and all that crazy shit, it all means being part of something that is greater than ourselves so I share that very much with you guys and I thank you for the bottomest parts of my heart for waiting all this time and being part of this. This isn’t just my show, it’s all of our show, and you guys are very much a part of it with me and you’ve made it such an incredible experience. I know a lot of guys are involved in theater and stuff - it’s been such a privilege to be able to share that magic that I got from the show and recycle it back to you guys. I think that’s very appropriate. So having said that, I hope to look forward to seeing any of you guys, whether it be here, somewhere in some small theater whether it’s backstage or onstage, I look forward to seeing you guys taking this on in your own way, doing it, putting on some heels, and kicking ass. So, I wish you all the best and I’ll catch you guys on the midnight radio.

— Darren Criss’s speech at the stage door after his final performance as Hedwig (via lovetheblazer)
July 19, 2015
via darrencriss-news

Broadway - Fan Comments and Reviews, and Comments from others, who saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway  - Page 3 Tumblr_nrrak3hyMe1uo6446o1_1280
darrencrisshedwig
July 19, 2015

-

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum