Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

I had a great time at the concert Sunday! It was surreal seeing Darren live in person after all these years of obsessively watching his videos on YouTube. He’s tiny in person! He was barely taller than Lea with her heels off lol.

Darren and Lea had great chemistry together. Lea had an interesting vibe on stage, she comes across as more shy than I expected. And her voice! She had the audience in the palm of her hands with her vocals. Her DROMP got a standing ovation and it was great to hear her sing the Coolest Girl as I remember Darren having that on his wishlist years ago.

My favorite duet of theirs was surprisingly This Time. I spoiled myself on the set list, and didn’t think that song would sound good as a duet live, but it really surprised me how good it was.

I was really happy for the most part with the songs Darren chose for his set list. My friend who is more of a Lea fan that I went with and didn’t know much about Darren’s music said Darren has a lot of stage presence and knows how to work a crowd. He also got a standing ovation for Teenage Dream. Darren also told a really funny story about one time he had a layover in Charlotte and got to go to the members only airport lounge cause the person in charge recognized him from Glee lol. Oh, and he also messed up the lyrics to I Don’t Mind multiple times and had to start over twice lol. To be fair, I was singing along and messed up the lyrics too lol.

My friend and I both agreed the encore was the best part of the night. Just so beautiful. We tried waiting for Darren near their tour bus after the show to see if he would come out, but it appears he left to go for dinner and drinks with Lea and the crew.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks so much for your review, Tash.  Sounds like it was a wonderful concert and that both you and your friend had a memorable evening!  I'm happy for you that you were able to go!

83tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Empty LMDC Tour Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

LMDC Tour

From dcriss-archive:

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (July 13, 2018)
Link

via dcriss-archive

Nice video.  :happy face

darrencriss: LM/DC Tour Diary

Well that was certainly a fun first run of shows- and what an incredible turn out! Thank you to all who came by to hang with me and Lea Michele. Here’s an inside look at life on the LM/DC Tour.  Stay tuned for more LM/DC Tour dates and sign up for updates on www.LMDCtour.com

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pbtf0oipFW1wpi2k2o1_540

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pbtf0oipFW1wpi2k2o2_540

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pbtf0oipFW1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

X X

-

84tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Empty LMDC Tour Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

LMDC Tour

From dcriss-archive:

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pc0xarbgZO1wpi2k2o1_1280
dcriss-archive:
leamichele: Did you get the denim memo?

LeaMichele

: Glad we all got the denim memo!  Missing my #LMDC crew already!

85tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Empty LMDC Tour Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

LMDC Tour

From Darren Criss Army:

leamichele Surprise! More #LMDCtourdates in the US!! Presale starts Wednesday. Sign up for presale access at LMDCtour.com now.

via Darren Criss Army

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_peuks6SSga1tz53qh_1280

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_peuks7OtNy1tz53qh_1280
LM/DC Tour info via Darren’s Instagram Story, Sept 10, 2018

lmdctour.com

Link:  https://www.lmdctour.com/

US PRE-SALE: Wednesday, September 12 @ 10AM PT / 11AM MT

UK + Ireland Dates: coming soon!

Darren Criss Army wrote:LM/DC Tour:  West Coast (Pre-Sale Starts This Wednesday, Sept. 12)

LM/DC Tour:  U.S. West Coast

US PRE-SALE: Wednesday, September 12 @ 10AM PT / 11AM MTUK + Ireland Dates: coming soon! lmdctour.com

10/26 Las Vegas 

10/27 Salt Lake City 

10/29 San Francisco 

10/30 San Jose 

11/1 San Diego 

11/2 Costa Mesa 

11/3 Phoenix 

11/5 Los Angeles

LM/DC Tour:  West Coast (Pre-Sale Starts This Wednesday, Sept. 12)

Link to YouTube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3PT8HHy0ZI&feature=youtu.be

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'll also post this in the Charity thread, since this is a concert benefiting the Dramatists Guild Foundation.

From Darren Criss Army:

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_peybczD4Ow1ubd9qxo1_1280
todaytix TodayTix is turning 5! To celebrate 5 years of broadening access to theater, we wanted to give back. So: we’re producing a concert to benefit @DGFound’s New Voices program, hosted by @darrencriss and featuring some of our fave stars, like @_matthew.morrison_, @arianadebose, @markballas, and more. Get a ticket at https://www.todaytix.com/x/nyc/shows/12764-todaytix-live so you can help us foster the next generation of artists while celebrating the talent of today.

Go here for tickets:  https://www.todaytix.com/x/nyc/shows/12764-todaytix-live

Darren is hosting and Matthew Morrison will be performing at Today Tix's Dramatists Guild Foundation Benefit Concert.  I wonder if this is the project that Benjamin Rauhala will be working with Darren.
Broadway World wrote:
Darren Criss, Matthew Morrison, Ethan Slater, and More Will Lead TodayTix's Dramatists Guild Foundation Benefit Concert

Sept 12, 2018

TodayTix will celebrate its five-year anniversary with a concert to benefit Dramatists Guild Foundation (DGF) New Voices program, on September 24th at 7:30pm at National Sawdust in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

The evening will bring together the elements that have helped bring TodayTix to its five-year anniversary -- the artists, the performances and the audiences. Hosted by Darren Criss ("The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story," "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"), the concert will feature stripped down musical sessions, in an intimate setting, by Mark Ballas (currently starring in "Kinky Boots" on Broadway, "Dancing with the Stars") with his wife and other half of music duo Alexander Jean, BC Jean, Erich Bergen ("Madam Secretary"), Ariana DeBose (Tony Nominee, "The Donna Summer Musical"), Kathryn Gallagher (Lifetime's "You," "Spring Awakening"), Lesli Margherita (Olivier Award winner), Matthew Morrison (Tony and Emmy Nominee) and Ethan Slater (Tony Nominee, "SpongeBob SquarePants: The Broadway Musical"). Benjamin Rauhala will serve as Music Director.

[ . . . ]

The concert will kick off at 7:30pm EST at National Sawdust, a dynamic home for artists and new music in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Tickets are available now exclusively on the TodayTix app and website. General Admission tickets are $55 for standing room or $149 for VIP Lounge tickets, which includes access to the reserved VIP Lounge, a pre-concert cocktail reception and autographed commemorative poster from the show's cast.

Profits from ticket sales will directly benefit DGF's New Voices program. In alignment with TodayTix's mission to make theater more accessible, the New Voices program brings trained teaching artists into classrooms, where they lead students in the collaborative creation of their own plays. This empowers students to discover the power of their own voices, helping theater to thrive for years to come.

To learn more about TodayTix, visit www.todaytix.com or download TodayTix for iOS or Android.
Source:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Darren-Criss-Matthew-Morrison-Ethan-Slater-and-More-Will-Lead-TodayTixs-Dramatists-Guild-Foundation-Benefit-Concert-20180912

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_peyatqeZWr1tz53qh_1280
Today Tix Live promo on Today Tix’ Instagram Story, Sept 12, 2018

-

Tash wrote:I had a great time at the concert Sunday! It was surreal seeing Darren live in person after all these years of obsessively watching his videos on YouTube. He’s tiny in person! He was barely taller than Lea with her heels off lol.

Darren and Lea had great chemistry together. Lea had an interesting vibe on stage, she comes across as more shy than I expected. And her voice! She had the audience in the palm of her hands with her vocals. Her DROMP got a standing ovation and it was great to hear her sing the Coolest Girl as I remember Darren having that on his wishlist years ago.

My favorite duet of theirs was surprisingly This Time. I spoiled myself on the set list, and didn’t think that song would sound good as a duet live, but it really surprised me how good it was.

I was really happy for the most part with the songs Darren chose for his set list. My friend who is more of a Lea fan that I went with and didn’t know much about Darren’s music said Darren has a lot of stage presence and knows how to work a crowd.   He also got a standing ovation for Teenage Dream. Darren also told a really funny story about one time he had a layover in Charlotte and got to go to the members only airport lounge cause the person in charge recognized him from Glee lol. Oh, and he also messed up the lyrics to I Don’t Mind multiple times and had to start over twice lol. To be fair, I was singing along and messed up the lyrics too lol.

My friend and I both agreed the encore was the best part of the night. Just so beautiful. We tried waiting for Darren near their tour bus after the show to see if he would come out, but it appears he left to go for dinner and drinks with Lea and the crew.
I've only seen your post today, Tash, but . . . TASH! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to attend an LMDC Tour concert!!  applause

Having both of them performing together and being able to enjoy their bantering on stage is really a special treat, and I'm glad you were there to witness it!  Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. The airport story is cute, and it must have been fun to hear Darren tell about how he got to go into the members only lounge (although I can't imagine how he's NOT a member already with all of the flying he does!).  

I think their acoustic encore is such a beautiful thing, and I'm glad you thought so too.  Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to catch Darren at his tour bus. There's always next time! 

It looks like Darren doesn't want to get bored during the only 10 spare minutes he has on the day of the Emmy Awards ( Wink ), so he and Lea are planning to share their premiere video for the UK/Ireland Tour tomorrow! 
tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pf6bcmU0Da1xdriupo1_540
darrencrissarmy

Announcement will be live here at:
- 11 AM BST (shouldn’t it be BDT?)
- 6 AM EDT
- 3 AM PDT

It looks like it is via his facebook. I didn't include the link because I get a broken link when I clicked on the link in Darren Criss Army's and d-criss-news' posts.  Perhaps you have to be on facebook to access it?  :talking
Here we go for anyone who is near enough to attend these concerts!  Yea!
I'm hoping you get great seats!  :fingers crossed

88tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Empty LMDC Tour Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Lilikoiluv wrote:

It looks like Darren doesn't want to get bored during the only 10 spare minutes he has on the day of the Emmy Awards ( Wink ), so he and Lea are planning to share their premiere video for the UK/Ireland Tour tomorrow! 
tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pf6bcmU0Da1xdriupo1_540
darrencrissarmy

Announcement will be live here at:
- 11 AM BST (shouldn’t it be BDT?)
- 6 AM EDT
- 3 AM PDT

It looks like it is via his facebook. I didn't include the link because I get a broken link when I clicked on the link in Darren Criss Army's and d-criss-news' posts.  Perhaps you have to be on facebook to access it?  :talking
Here we go for anyone who is near enough to attend these concerts!  Yea!
I'm hoping you get great seats!  :fingers crossed

Thanks so much for posting this info, Lilikoiluv!  Hope that dusty and Lin can go!

haha.  I like your humor!    :amused I was thinking the same thing, that tomorrow is such a busy day for him, but maybe he wanted to make it just a little more exciting and busy by taking some time to make this UK/Ireland concert announcement!  :big grin

-

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:Thanks so much for posting this info, Lilikoiluv!  Hope that dusty and Lin can go!

What, you don't hope I can go too ? :cry

:amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh --I just put my big foot in my mouth!

Of course, I hope you can go too, Jeremy!!!  :hug   I just assumed that since you visit this little forum on a pretty regular basis, that you would let us know if you could make it to one of the concerts in Europe.  Sorry that I didn't make that clear!   :I made a mistake Embarassed

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I was joking Wink

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  I know you were teasing, Jeremy.  :hug (But I still felt a little bad. :amused )

93tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Empty LMDC Tour Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From @dcriss_news:

General sales for the LMDC tour venues in UK and Ireland are on sale NOW, started 10 am local time. 

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pf78haWXYi1ubd9qxo1_1280

VIP ticket packages for the LMDC UK/Ireland tour info:  https://vipnation.eu/leamicheledarrencriss#buy_tickets

Darren's Schedule

September 13                   Sale for LMDC Tour continues.  Tickets:  https://www.lmdctour.com/

September 21                   General Sale for LMDC UK/Ireland venues began TODAY at 10 am local time. Tickets:   https://www.lmdctour.com/

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Tickets are on sale!   Go here:  http://ElsieFest.com

Darren with Casey Cott at the iHeart Festival, Sept 21, 2018 via Darren’s IG Story

via Darren Criss Army

EDIT:  Oops!  Meant to put this in the Elsie Fest thread. 

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Would be so great if Casey Cott could get Darren a role on Riverdale :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes!  The Cott brothers are talented.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Dear Evan Hansen The Novel (October 8, NYC)

From Darren Criss Army:

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pgahgzUDdN1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren is performing at the Dear Evan Hansen Novel launch event tonight in NYC.
Via Darren’s IG story, 8 Oct.

Darren & Benj Pasek singing “Waving Through A Window” at the #DEHNovel launch event, Monday night in NYC.

Alex Boniello, Darren & Will Roland singing “Sincerely, Me” at the #DEHNovel launch event, Mon night in NYC.

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Dear Evan Hansen The Novel (October 8, NYC)

From Darren Criss Army:

Waving Through a Window - Benj Pasek & Darren Criss

(Source: youtube.com)

Sincerely, Me - Alex Boniello, Darren Criss & Will Roland

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Dear Evan Hansen The Novel (October 11, Ann Arbor, MI)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss, Justin Paul and Benj Pasek perform Waiving through a Window at UMich, Oct 11, 2018

Youtube Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=163&v=o2tp6Q-15Sw

Darren reading from the Dear Evan Hansen novel at the book launch event in Ann Arbor via UMich IG Story

via Darren Criss Army

tbt - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 - Page 5 Tumblr_pggxwscqco1ubd9qxo1_1280

Justin Paul, Benj Pasek & Darren at the DEH Novel event in Ann Arbor, MI.

“We got to hear singing performances by all (Pasek & Paul were actually performance majors and can sing, too) as well as an impressive reading by (recent Emmy winner) Criss.”

~ Marci Donelson

Via Gleekto:

d-criss-news:
sammnnicole: Darren reading an excerpt from the deh book.
via gleekto

d-criss-news:
Darren singing Waving Through A Window | Source
via gleekto

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Dear Evan Hansen The Novel (October 11, Ann Arbor, MI)

From Darren Criss Army:

I would love to see Darren in a play, digging into the characterization of a new role.  If he puts as much thought into any new acting role as he did in Hedwig and the Angry Inch or ACS Versace (as Andrew Cunanan)--that'll be so fun and amazing to watch!

Darren Criss reading from the Dear Evan Hansen book at UMich, Oct 11, 2018

Link to YouTube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPF-0GPOyC4

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum