Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty Broadway Evolved (August 7, 2018) Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Broadway Evolved (August 7, 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pd5i9bU3Ng1wpi2k2o1_1280
broadwayevolved: DAY 2✔️
-
Our #journeytoBE continued with motivational classes, feedback, and advice from our inspiring faculty. We’re loving our ΒΕ family!

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pey0fpy79z1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren will be performing at WE Day UN on September 26 at Barclays Center in NYC

Source:  https://www.we.org/we-day/we-day-events/we-day-un/

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_peyo2yMC2h1ubd9qxo1_1280

wemovement JUST IN: our first lineup announcement of the #WEday season!  Scroll through the Star-studded lineup, and check out the full list at we.org/we-day-un

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_peybczD4Ow1ubd9qxo1_1280
todaytix TodayTix is turning 5! To celebrate 5 years of broadening access to theater, we wanted to give back. So: we’re producing a concert to benefit @DGFound’s New Voices program, hosted by @darrencriss and featuring some of our fave stars, like @_matthew.morrison_, @arianadebose, @markballas, and more. Get a ticket at https://www.todaytix.com/x/nyc/shows/12764-todaytix-live so you can help us foster the next generation of artists while celebrating the talent of today.

Go here for tickets:  https://www.todaytix.com/x/nyc/shows/12764-todaytix-live

Darren is hosting and Matthew Morrison will be performing at Today Tix's Dramatists Guild Foundation Benefit Concert.  I wonder if this is the project that Benjamin Rauhala will be working with Darren.
Broadway World wrote:
Darren Criss, Matthew Morrison, Ethan Slater, and More Will Lead TodayTix's Dramatists Guild Foundation Benefit Concert

Sept 12, 2018

TodayTix will celebrate its five-year anniversary with a concert to benefit Dramatists Guild Foundation (DGF) New Voices program, on September 24th at 7:30pm at National Sawdust in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

The evening will bring together the elements that have helped bring TodayTix to its five-year anniversary -- the artists, the performances and the audiences. Hosted by Darren Criss ("The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story," "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"), the concert will feature stripped down musical sessions, in an intimate setting, by Mark Ballas (currently starring in "Kinky Boots" on Broadway, "Dancing with the Stars") with his wife and other half of music duo Alexander Jean, BC Jean, Erich Bergen ("Madam Secretary"), Ariana DeBose (Tony Nominee, "The Donna Summer Musical"), Kathryn Gallagher (Lifetime's "You," "Spring Awakening"), Lesli Margherita (Olivier Award winner), Matthew Morrison (Tony and Emmy Nominee) and Ethan Slater (Tony Nominee, "SpongeBob SquarePants: The Broadway Musical"). Benjamin Rauhala will serve as Music Director.

[ . . . ]

The concert will kick off at 7:30pm EST at National Sawdust, a dynamic home for artists and new music in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Tickets are available now exclusively on the TodayTix app and website. General Admission tickets are $55 for standing room or $149 for VIP Lounge tickets, which includes access to the reserved VIP Lounge, a pre-concert cocktail reception and autographed commemorative poster from the show's cast.

Profits from ticket sales will directly benefit DGF's New Voices program. In alignment with TodayTix's mission to make theater more accessible, the New Voices program brings trained teaching artists into classrooms, where they lead students in the collaborative creation of their own plays. This empowers students to discover the power of their own voices, helping theater to thrive for years to come.

To learn more about TodayTix, visit www.todaytix.com or download TodayTix for iOS or Android.
Source:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Darren-Criss-Matthew-Morrison-Ethan-Slater-and-More-Will-Lead-TodayTixs-Dramatists-Guild-Foundation-Benefit-Concert-20180912

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_peyatqeZWr1tz53qh_1280
Today Tix Live promo on Today Tix’ Instagram Story, Sept 12, 2018

-

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TodayTix hosts a benefit concert for the Dramatists Guild Foundation (Brooklyn, September 24, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfl98vKPZz1ubd9qxo1_1280
Erich Bergen, Darren Criss, Ethan Slater, Renee Morrison,  BC Jean Ballas, Matthew Morrison, Mark Ballas & Krysta Rodriguez at the TodayTix Live benefit, 24 Sep 2018

“Talented mofos. #todaytixlive"
~ Erich via IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIY-BUDY7p
darren crisserich bergenmark ballasmatthew

jenndesq:
Elsie Fest promo, One Fine Day, and intro to Matt Morrison - TodayTix DGF Benefit - National Sawdust - September 24, 2018

Darren performing One Fine Day at TodayTix Live, Sept 24, 2018 via TodayTix IG Story

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TodayTix hosts a benefit concert for the Dramatists Guild Foundation (Brooklyn, September 24, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

I can't reblog videos from tumblr on this forum.  I have to repost the code on the forum.  I'm having trouble with the code for this video.  To see Jennesq's video of Darren talking about the DGF's "New Voices" program, please go here:   jenndesq , or here Darren Criss Army.

Spoiler:

EDIT:   I added this video.  :happy face

dgfound We agree with @darrencriss, children are geniuses! Thanks for the amazing shoutout at TodayTix Live and thank you @todaytix for your incredibly generous support of the next generation of playwrights!

via Darren Criss Army

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total

25Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty WE Day UN (September 2018) Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

WE Day UN (September 2018).

His tone is really beautiful.  It's so nice that he continues to be invited and continue to participate in WE Day.  :happy face

Darren singing “I Dreamed A Dream” at rehearsal for WE Day.

Via David Johnson’s IG story

via Darren Criss Army

-

26Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty WE Day UN (NYC, September 26, 2018). Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:45 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

WE Day UN (NYC, September 26, 2018).

He sounds fantastic.  His tone is lovely, and he has really grown in terms of control.  The really tough part where he has to jump up several notes on "as they turn your dreams to . . .  sha aa aa aa ame," was so well executed and sounded beautiful.  And also was impressed how he finished so strong at the end   ("so different now than what it seeeeemeed, now life has killed the dream I dreeeeeeeeamed").  So pretty to listen to.

Darren Criss - ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ (Acoustic) - Live WE Day UN

(Source: youtube.com)

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=U4yyZQKM3Xg

This has a different sound than the previous video, a more full sound.

darrencwiss  pretty freaking magical seeing this dude perform in a huge arena with over 12,000 people. and thanks for the hug @DarrenCriss

via Darren Criss Army

This is a gorgeous pic.  Love the background of all the lights shining in the darkness.  :happy face
Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfoeyoV4EE1ubd9qxo1_1280
@barclayscenter THIS MOMENT @DarrenCriss x @WEMovement #WEday

via Darren Criss Army

Another lovely photo.

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfoc88KsQg1ubd9qxo1_1280
WEMovement Darren Criss performing ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ on the #WEday stage was EVERYTHING!

via Darren Criss Army

Interesting filter.  Looks like illustrations.
Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfomdnawB71ubd9qxo2_1280

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfomdnawB71ubd9qxo3_1280

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfomdnawB71ubd9qxo1_1280
wemovement WOW @darrencriss. Pure magic on the #WEday stage. Camera :@ryanbolton

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfokhsewzO1ubd9qxo1_1280
Cameron Kasky, John Barnitt, Darren Criss and Marc Kielburger attend WE Day UN 2018 at Barclays Center on September 26, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images for WE Day)

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfofekgLyC1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren at #WEDayUN via WE Movement’s Instagram Story

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pfonh3nny51ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren with Maxwell from Z100 at WE Day.

Via Maxwell on IG

A few more:

Spoiler:

-

27Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty WE Day UN (NYC, September 26, 2018). Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:45 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

WE Day UN (NYC, September 26, 2018).

From Darren Criss Army:

Sing-A-Long with Darren Criss on Rehearsal Day at WE Day New York

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=585&v=bUxlOLbAlt4

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

GLAAD Spirit Day (Los Angeles, October 17, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Spoiler:

Darren’s surprise performance with Justin Tranter at Glaad’s Spirit Day fundraiser.

Via Marc Malkin, Senior Events & Lifestyle Editor at Variety

via Darren Criss Army

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

GLAAD Spirit Day (Los Angeles, October 17, 2018)

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pgspn8Jlkm1xdriupo1_500
d-criss-news:
glaad: The stars were out last night to stand against bullying at @tranterjustin’s #SpiritDay kick off concert. Thank you to everyone who is supporting LGBTQ youth today and every day!

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss sings ‘Issues’ with Justin Tranter at the GLAAD #SpiritDay Concert, October 17, 2018

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=49-P1ribfeA

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Craig Zadan Tribute/Charitable event for Theatre Education (November 11, 2018)

Via Darren Criss Army:

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Tears, Teens, Tony Winners and Slew of Standing Ovations at Craig Zadan Tribute

November 12, 2018

Speaking of timing, Darren Criss guided audience eyeballs from the screen above to the stage below where he said that Zadan never missed a beat when something happened in his life, “big or small.” Within seconds of landing an Emmy nomination (and eventual win) for his role on The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Criss said he received a text from Zadan that he read aloud. “Wow, so proud. I love you and I’ve always believed in you.”

Criss then performed the Frank Sinatra classic "I Believe in You," which he knew well from his earlier collaboration with the Storyline duo on their first Broadway show, the revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
Source:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/craig-zadan-honored-at-star-studded-tribute-1160387

Playbill wrote:
Over $200,000 Raised For Theatre Education at Gala Honoring Late Producer Craig Zadan

November 12, 2018

Kristin Chenoweth, Darren Criss, Audra McDonald, Bernadette Peters, and more were on hand to share performances and personal rememberances.

The Educational Theatre Foundation honored late producer Craig Zadan and his producing partner Neil Meron at their annual Thespians Go Hollywood gala in Los Angeles last night, which raised more than $200,000 in Zadan’s memory for the theatre education non-profit.

[ . . . ]

On hand to share anecdotes and musical performances were Kristin Chenoweth singing “‘Till There Was You”; Sean Hayes, who sang “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again” with Chenoweth; Harry Connick, Jr., singing “When I Get My Name in Lights”; Darren Criss, singing “I Believe in You”; Megan Hilty, singing “Don’t Forget Me/Let Me Be Your Star”; Jennifer Hudson, singing “I Know Where I’ve Been”; Audra McDonald, singing “Climb Ev'ry Mountain”; Bernadette Peters, singing “With So Little to Be Sure Of”; and Amber Riley singing “Home”; along with Robert Greenblatt, Kenny Leon, Marc Shaiman, Debra Messing, John Stamos, and Nia Vardalos.
Source:  http://www.playbill.com/article/over-200-000-raised-for-theatre-education-at-gala-honoring-late-producer-craig-zadan

Darren performing at the Craig Zadan tribute event, 11 Nov 2018.

Via Debra Messing’s IG story

via Darren Criss Army

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The Constellation Gala Benefiting Northwell Health Foundation (November 15, 2018)

Via Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pik5f07rD91ubd9qxo2_1280

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pik5f07rD91ubd9qxo1_1280
darrencriss Just wanted to give a huge thank you to Northwell / Lenox Hill Hospital for having me at their Constellation Gala, and commend them for all the incredible work they’re doing in New York City to advance medical research and better the health for all. Was a pleasure to sing for you amongst @metmuseum’s hallowed halls. #supportnorthwell

Darren performing a medley at the Constellation Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to benefit the Northwell Health Foundation tonight.

Via Cindy Young on IG

via Darren Criss Army

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_piashjGLv31ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren & Nick Cipriano at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the Constellation Gala benefiting Northwell Health Foundation, 15 Nov 2018

“NYC might have been a traffic mess last night, but it was worth it to come out and support @northwellhealth and our #constellationgala, raising $4.2 million for our Manhattan locations.
Also, shoutout to @darrencriss for providing an incredible musical performance and for being such a awesome guy to hang out with. Let’s grab another drink next time you’re in the city man!”

Via Nick on IG

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_picx34nzl01ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren with organizers & guests of the Constellation Gala benefit for Northwell Health held at The Met, 15 Nov 2018.

“Welp, we did it! Despite a snow storm and NYC gridlock our guests braved the weather to attend an event that they helped to raise $4.2 million dollars for Northwell Health. Thursday night was truly inspiring and I couldn’t be more proud ”

~ Allie Sheehan, event organizer, via IG

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ricky Martin Foundation supports Puerto Rico

Via Darren Criss Army:

This is nice.  :happy face

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pixdbbF3sh1ubd9qxo1_1280
@DarrenCriss It has been well over a year since Hurricane Maria brought tragedy to Puerto Rico, but the devastation still echoes on. I’m #ALLIN4PR and support my pal @ricky_martin & his foundation in their continued effort to bring support to Puerto Rico this holiday. http://charitystars.com/Ricky

darrencriss As the season of gift giving starts casting its spell, I hope we can remember those who have lost so much- it has been well over a year since Hurricane Maria brought tragedy to Puerto Rico, but the devastation still echoes on in the lives of countless victims who struggle to start anew. I’m still #ALLIN4PR and support my pal @ricky_martin and his foundation in their continued effort to bring support to Puerto Rico this holiday season. You can too, with TWO days left to purchase this cool special edition T-Shirt, with all proceeds directly supporting the RM Foundation’s ongoing efforts towards social transformation and empowering the people of Puerto Rico from within.

Link:  https://www.charitystars.com/product/ricky-martin-s-allin4pr-shirt

-

33Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty Operation Smile Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Via Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pj2v1grmBR1tz53qh_1280

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pj2v1goXfp1tz53qh_1280

celebritiesforsmiles.com

Celebrity Autographed Balsam Hill Ornaments | eBay

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 $_57

Celebrity Autographed Balsam Hill Ornaments / EBAY

34Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty Operation Smile Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:10 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Operation Smile

If you want to bid on Darren's holiday ornament to benefit Operation Smile, bids are expected for1 day and a few hours.   Better hurry!   Link to bid:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Balsam-Hill-Ornament-Signed-by-Darren-Criss-for-Operation-Smile/323572014675?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5a0c69f1375f996cf10a5d0b%26rpp_icid%3D5a0c683ea6f3050396acee2f

Via ipwarn (thank you!):

d-criss-news:
Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjdv6vL8X01v3daoq_500

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjdv6xiqPl1v3daoq_500

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjc9qct6aD1sczt3wo1_r2_500

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjc9qct6aD1sczt3wo2_r1_500
na-page:
Balsam Hill Ornament Signed by Darren Criss for Operation Smile

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Operation Smile (Balsam Hill Ornament, December 9, 2018)

The bidding for Darren's ornament ended today at $800.  Glad that he raised money for this worthwhile charity!  celebrate thumbs up

36Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty What Comes Next Project. Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

What Comes Next Project.

Via Darren Criss Army:

I haven't had a chance  yet to watch this video. 

darrencrissarmy:
Young Changemaker Live Panel with Darren Criss & Franchesca Ramsey | Clorox
LIVE TODAY, December 11, 2018 at 4:15 PM ET
Starting soon!!

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjkwxjR9QV1ubd9qxo1_1280
via Darren’s Instagram Story, December 11, 2018 instagram.com/darrencriss

Via acsversace-news:

d-criss-news:

Darren Criss on New York Live (12-11-18)

37Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty What Comes Next Project. Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:35 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

What Comes Next Project.

Via D-Criss-News:

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo1_540

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo2_540

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo3_540

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo5_540

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo6_540

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjqfojSUC71xdriupo4_540
Award winning actor Darren Criss helps launch the Clorox What Comes Next Project on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018, in New York. (Andrew Kelly/AP Images for Clorox)

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pjr69lw4Kb1v3daoq_1280
HQ | Award winning actor Darren Criss helps launch the Clorox What Comes Next Project on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018, in New York. (Andrew Kelly/AP Images for Clorox)

Via Darren Criss Army:

Parade wrote:
After Glee and an Emmy Win, Darren Criss Shares 'What Comes Next'

December 14, 2018

Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 What-comes-next-project-ftr

It was Criss’ charisma that led Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy to the actor for this year’s breakout role as Andrew Cunanan, the narcissistic serial killer whose ’90s murder spree included the killing of Gianni Versace. “I just knew he had the ability to go dark,” Murphy told the New York Times.

Over nine episodes of the FX crime anthology American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Criss’ performance was revelatory. “We’re exploring such a complex and complicated character, which really gets to utilize all the things that actors wake up for in the morning,” he told Parade. “Your canvas is huge, and your palette is so vast—you’re not playing with primary colors, you’re playing with hues of every imaginable color on the wheel, and that’s the kind of thing that all actors dream of doing.”

We caught up with the 31-year-old, who is gathering accolades and nominations aplenty this awards season, to talk finding common ground with a serial killer, the phenomenon that was Glee, and launching an initiative with Clorox that’s supporting young community leaders through $75,000 in grants, called “The What Comes Next Project.”

Thanks to a transfixing performance in American Crime Story, you’re now an Emmy winner! And recently nominated for both a Golden Globe and a SAG award. Would you consider this role to be your best to date?

I’ve been lucky enough that every time I’ve had a job, I feel like it’s the greatest job that I’ve ever had. They’re all just unique to themselves because they appeal to different people. But his one has an unfair advantage. It has a mix of things that I’m sort of not in control of. One, it’s an amazing story. It checks a lot of really perfect boxes for an audience. It has all the classic makings of things that have interested us for hundreds, if not thousands of years—it’s very Greek, it’s Shakespeare, it’s sex, it’s glamour, it’s murder, it’s drama. It’s all the things that titillate our darkest, perverse hearts and appetites, you know?

But it also talks about very real social issues and touches upon very important questions that I believe have significance to audiences now. So we’re not exploiting a story for the sake of spectacle—there’s substance there, there’s something that is worth discussion, and that’s really important to me.

And the supporting cast and team.

That’s not even mentioning the people involved! The writers, the people behind camera, obviously the stellar cast, the world curated by Ryan Murphy—all these sort of titans of industry throwing in their best work to create it.

And then there’s the fact that Ryan Murphy has the profile and cache that people will actually watch the show. When you’re dealing with him, you’re dealing with an A-team that is ensuring that the work you’re doing will be seen, and that’s a nice thing to know. Just to be a part of a project that kind of checks all of those boxes is such a luxury and such a privilege. There’s a lot of reasons to be thankful. So I guess in that regard, it really was one of the most fortuitous roles of my life.

[ . . . ]

After Glee, a phenomenon for many people, what changed?

I think it’s less to do with the fact that it was known around the world, and more to do with the fact that the people interested in it are very enthusiastic. Had I been on an equally successful cop drama that was a little more adult, I wonder if the engagement may have been different, even though the exposure might have been the same? So you never really know. I was lucky enough to be part of a teen phenomenon that harnesses a raw unbridled power that comes once in a blue moon.

Riding that wave was a wild ride. And sure, that sort of changed things, but [American Crime Story] has been such a stride for me. This show appeals to a lot of people completely different than [the Glee] demographic. And I finally get to connect with a lot of people that I felt very distanced from for a long time. I think that this show has given me a new lease on life on their radars—a lot of people who wouldn’t have known me from Adam are now familiar with my work, and I can’t even describe that feeling.

Outside of your Broadway, television and film career, you’re also helping launch the “What Comes Next Project” with Clorox. Why were you attracted to this initiative?

Well, I will say that any kind of brand alignment for actors or people with a public position, is something that I’ve always been very wary of. But Clorox presented this idea, and it was sort of a no-brainer. They’re highlighting young people who are working as leaders in their communities to create some kind of positive change through the power of cleaning. I think it’s the artist in me that is always looking for the things behind what we see on the surface. You think of Clorox, and you think cleaning products, but I really admire the idea that they were chasing the more profound value beyond the immediate utility of what the company is known for.

In talking with some of these young leaders, how were you inspired by what they’re bringing to their communities?

These are all people who are using cleaning to really start anew, help people create a new canvas for success and for fulfillment. They’re embracing this notion that a simple thing can go quite a long way. Things that a lot of us who have these basic human resources at our disposal kind of take for granted—just how much having a pair of clean clothes can affect your day to day life, how a clean working space or living space really affects the way we view ourselves and what we bring to society. And that’s something I was very moved by. I’ve always been a proponent of leadership, and in light of the holidays, it’s a nice healthy dose of inspiration in the spirit of giving back.
Source:  https://parade.com/724620/meganoneill/after-glee-and-an-emmy-win-darren-criss-shares-what-comes-next/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-

38Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty What Comes Next Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

What Comes Next

Via Darren Criss Army:

What Comes Next For Darren Criss?

39Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

via dcriss-news:

Darren picked Planned Parenthood for this company to donate $1,000.  Great choice, Darren!  :happy face

d-criss-news
Darren's Charitable Work for 2018 - Page 2 Tumblr_pl6gavQiXa1v3daoq_1280
Darren Criss in the January 21st, 2019 Issue of People Magazine.

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum