Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2019

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post your comments regarding general news about Darren in 2019 in this thread.

To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply."

If you would like me to start a new thread (Topic) that is within the Category of "Let's Talk Darren Criss," please let me know.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Happy New Year ! This is the New Year, a new beginning... music note

WatchMojo just released a top of the hardest musical male roles and Hedwig is #6 but Darren doesn't appear in the segment. Chris Colfer does appear in the video (a role he played during a Glee cover is #10).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy.  I saw Dear Evan Hansen in L.A.  It was so emotional.  The singing/the music was gorgeous and the story just drew me in and touched me.  Loved the acting.

Just a reminder about the Golden Globes this coming Sunday!  Crossing fingers for Darren!

Darren's Schedule

January 6     Golden Globe Awards.  Airing on NBC, 8 pm ET/ 5 pm PT

January 13   Critics Choice Awards, airs on the  CW network from 7 -10 pm ET (delayed PT)

January 27   SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards.  Airs on TBS and TNT 8 pm ET.

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

DEH was #1 on their list (I don't know if you mention that show because you have watched the video after my message).

And, yes, a few more awards for Darren in ACS would be nice. But I'm already glad with the Emmy.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

If there were more awards, it would be icing on the cake.  :happy face  Yes, i looked up the video.  Thx for sharing!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry about not posting much today and yesterday--real life kept me busy.  Neutral

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Golden Globes tomorrow!  Good luck to Darren!

Darren's Schedule

January 6     Golden Globe Awards.  Airing on NBC, 8 pm ET/ 5 pm PT

January 13   Critics Choice Awards, airs on the  CW network from 7 -10 pm ET (delayed PT)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I may not be able to post until later tonight-- still can't visit tumblr sites (my firewall is now blocking all tumblr sites--maybe tumblr did something on their end?), and still dealing today with extended family issues.  I'll try logging into tumblr later (I don't usually log in since I'm not active on tumblr--I usually just visit the physical tumblr sites).

Crossing fingers for Darren!

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I'm happy Darren got this award too. And his speech, as his outfit, was beautiful :happy face

Poppy, sorry for your problems.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, so great that Darren and the show won Golden Globe Awards!  I liked his speech and Brad Simpson's speech was really memorable and special.  I liked the cherry blossom design on Darren's jacket and thought it was fun that Ryan also had a jacket with an interesting design. 

Aw, that's so sweet of you, Jeremy.  I appreciate that.  :hug

I'm frustrated with tumblr.  What did they do, that now results in my firewall causing me to be unable to access my favorite tumblr sites?  I have never had this problem ever until now.

I can log into tumblr, but I'm not really familiar with how the feed works for tumblr, so I'm not really sure if I'm crediting the right news source and I'm having trouble with videos.  Oh well.  :help   At least I can still post some things.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Awards Daily wrote:
GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics Name 10th Dorian Award Winners

January 8, 2019

GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, comprised of over 200 gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer and ally entertainment journalists in the U.S., Canada, Australia and U.K., has announced its 10th Dorian Award winners across 26 TV and film categories.

[. . . ]

Over on the TV side, FX’s Pose and Pop’s Schitt’s Creek both scored big with GALECA members. Pose—a drama set against the lively streets of New York City circa 1979—stood as TV Drama of the Year and LGBTQ Drama of the Year, also helped its producer, Ryan Murphy, to his second Dorian Award win for Wilde Artist of the Year (Murphy is the first person to win this title twice in GALECA’s 10-year history).  Pose’s star, Billy Porter, took two Dorians—one for TV Performance of the Year—Actor and a shared win with his costars MJ Rodriguez and Our Lady J for their moving rendition of “Home” on the series.

[ . . . ]

Wilde Artist of the Year

(Honoring a truly groundbreaking force in film, stage and/or television)
RYAN MURPHY
Source:  http://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/01/08/galeca-the-society-of-lgbtq-entertainment-critics-name-10th-dorian-award-winners/

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry that I haven't posted the last few days.  I've been swamped with things I needed to do for my extended family. 

Just a reminder.  In a couple of days, on Sunday, January 13, the Critics Choice Awards will air on the CW network at 7 pm EST. 

Darren, Finn Wittrock, Penelope Cruz, Judith Light, and ACS Versace are nominated.  Here is Darren's competition:

Critics Choice Awards wrote:
BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Antonio Banderas – Genius: Picasso (National Geographic)
Darren Criss – The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (FX)
Paul Dano – Escape at Dannemora (Showtime)
Benicio Del Toro – Escape at Dannemora (Showtime)
Hugh Grant – A Very English Scandal (Amazon)
John Legend – Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert (NBC)
Source:  http://www.criticschoice.com/2018/12/announcing-nominees-24th-annual-critics-choice-awards/

Darren's Schedule

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just a reminder:  Tomorrow is the Critics Choice Awards and Darren is nominated.  :happy face

Via acsversace-news:

Aw. 
6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_pl6hvlHqh41v3daoq_540
DarrenCriss: Morning after Golden Globes celebration was full of Filipino treats including this fun spritely lady with me … “who dreamed of coming to this country and getting invited to glamorous parties like this…” Well Mom, I’m glad you made it.

Via Darren Criss Army:

6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_pl2vp4be4O1tz53qh_1280

Darren’s episode of Lip Sync Battle airs on Thursday, January 24 on Paramount! Check your provider’s listings for details!

Source: g.co

Darren's Schedule

January 24  Lip Sync Battle

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Via Darren Criss Army:

Nice pic of the family.  :happy face

6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_ple77y45NM1tz53qh_540
weplaycomputers Sometime we take the games offline… and smash some Broquet with the fam!

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, nice pic!

Via dcriss-news:

6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_plilk53dAp1v3daoq_540

Via Monika Sed’s Instagram Story (January 17th, 2019)

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

January 24  Lip Sync Battle on Paramount Network

via Darren Criss Army:

Coming up on January 24!  :happy face
6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_pljrycm8cn1ubd9qxo1_r1_540

NEXT #LIPSYNCBATTLE:
@MariahCarey Tribute!      
 @darrencriss            vs.      @jermainedupri

x

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I know that this post is not Darren-related news, but I thought I would post it here for all you U.S. citizens who want 800,000 federal workers to get paid. 

Indivisible and other Resistance groups have organized a Nation Telephone Call-in Day to your U.S. Senators to insist that federal workers get paid and that the federal government is re-opened.

Right now, Trump is refusing to re-open the federal government and pay federal workers until he gets a certain amount of funding for his beloved wall.

Tomorrow, Thursday, January 24, the U.S. Senate will vote on two opposing bills regarding the government shut down. 

It is absolutely vital that you call your U.S. Senators TODAY (Wednesday). 

Please, please pick up the phone and call your U.S. Senators TODAY.

Already, conservative groups have been busy over the last few weeks organizing phone calls to their Senators and to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and urging the Senate to fund Trump's wall. 

TODAY, Wednesday, we need ordinary citizens like you to call your U.S. SENATORS, to tell your Senators to support our federal workers and to refuse to agree to give $5.7 billion for an useless wall, as well as refuse any funding for expanding dangerous and overcrowded detention centers with inadequate medical care into which immigration agents can stick immigrant children who were seized away from their parents.

Phone Script wrote:Hello! My name is ___ and I’m calling from (your state).

Please let Senator [Senator’s name] know that I would like her/him to oppose any legislation during the shutdown, unless that legislation is the Clean Continuing Resolution from the House Democrats to reopen the federal government until Feb. 8.

I believe Senator [Senator’s name] should absolutely reject Trump/McConnell’s bill that asks for $5.7 billion for funding Trump’s wall, and asks for more funding for immigration detention center beds.

Instead, I would like Senator [name] to pass the Clean Continuing Resolution bill from the House Democrats that will keep the government open until Feb. 8, so that 800,000 federal workers such as FBI agents, Coast Guard agents, TSA agents, and other federal workers can get paid, and so that national parks can be re-opened and protected from vandalism.

To find out how to contact your U. S. Senators, please go here:    https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

In addition, if you want to do more, please call Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.   As Senate Majority Leader, he represents citizens and people of all the states, not just his own state.

Call Senate Mitch McConnell TODAY at 202-224-2541 .

Phone Script to call Mitch McConnell wrote:Hello! My name is ___ .

I believe Senator McConnell should absolutely reject Trump's proposal that asks for $5.7 billion for funding Trump’s wall, and asks for more funding for immigration detention center beds.

Instead, I would like Senator McConnell bring to the floor for a vote, the bipartisan Continuing Resolution bill  that passed in the House that will keep the government open until Feb. 8, so that 800,000 federal workers such as FBI agents, Coast Guard agents, TSA agents, and other federal workers can get paid, without any funding for Trump's wall.

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yea!   The U.S. government got re-opened for 3 weeks (and without funding for the stupid wall)!  So happy for those federal workers who were at risk of getting evicted because they couldn't pay rent, or at risk of losing their house because they couldn't make their mortgage, or couldn't afford to pay for medications or childcare, or gas to commute to work.  The shutdown also was harmful to the safety of those using our airports, eating our food (FDA was affected too), as well as law enforcement (FBI, Coast Guard) and harmful to our economy.  The airlines warned just before the compromise that they were reaching the point of no return, where there would be irreparable harm to the economic future of some airlines.   I just hope that Trump is not gonna pull this stupid act again in 3 weeks. 

SAG Awards tomorrow!  Looking forward to seeing Darren there.  I forget who else beside Darren and ACS Versace were nominated.  I think (but could be wrong) that Penelope was nominated too.  Icing on the cake if Darren wins.  :happy face 

I may not be able to post that much in the next few days.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed with home repairs (pipe leaking) and dealing with extended family issues.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

January 31   Darren and Amber Riley perform at the Artios Awards to honor Robert Ulrich

Via d-criss-news:

6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Tumblr_pm42ziX7If1v3daoq_1280

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
'Glee' Alums Darren Criss, Amber Riley Reuniting to Perform at Artios Awards (Exclusive)

1/24/2019

6 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 Darren_criss_and_amber_riley_split
Steve Granitz/WireImage; Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images

Darren Criss and Amber Riley

The duo will be part of a tribute to 'Glee' casting directors Robert J. Ulrich, Eric Dawson and Carol Kritzer, who will be honored by the Casting Society of America on Jan. 31.

Former Glee stars Darren Criss and Amber Riley are taking the stage at the Casting Society of America's 34th annual Artios Awards.

As part of a tribute to the night's Hoyt Bowers honorees — Glee casting directors Robert J. Ulrich, Eric Dawson and Carol Kritzer of Ulrich/Dawson/Kritzer Casting — Criss and Riley will give a musical performance.

Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy and Carol Mendelsohn, executive producer and co-creator of CSI and its spinoffs, will present the award, which is given for excellence in casting and honors the recipient's body of work and their outstanding contribution to the profession.
source:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glee-alums-darren-criss-amber-riley-reuniting-perform-1178737

Via Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss Army wrote:

PeaceLoveSunnies

Help The Criss Project raise $3000 for charity in honor of Darren’s 32nd Birthday!!

Check out our BRAND NEW MERCH design! All proceeds go directly to The Trevor Project!!

OR you can donate directly to Trevor HERE or to Musicians on Call HERE!

Please help spread the word by sharing with other Darren fans!
Link:  https://teespring.com/peacelovesunnies#pid=212&cid=5822&sid=front

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum