Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2019

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

February 5   Darren's Birthday!  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Happy birthday, Darren ! celebrate

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, Happy Birthday to Darren!   :happy birthday birthday cake celebrate

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's so wonderful that the Criss Project raised so much funds for two worthy causes!

Via Darren Criss Army:

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmkdk3zdJF1tz53qh_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmkdk4YTFC1tz53qh_1280
(Source: twitter.com)

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmkifz1Xba1ubd9qxo1_640
musiciansoncall #TBT @darrencriss spreading some joy to patients at @uclamch. Grateful for his and his fans’ support in delivering the healing power of music over the years! #musicheals

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Via d-criss-news:

I enjoy Michael B. Jordan's acting.  I remember first seeing him on an episode of Parenthood (a TV show), and I thought he stood out, especially given how limited was his screen time for that role.

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmvv1eZTHM1v3daoq_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmvzfcLdsB1v3daoq_1280
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmwl3yfAy41v3daoq_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmwla2Lih31v3daoq_1280

Source: instagram.com

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pmvuayg8jD1v3daoq_1280
DarrenCriss: Can’t take credit for this photo but it’s one of my favorites from last year. @michaelb4jordan @priyankachopra

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to Darren and Mia on their wedding!  I generally don't post paparazzi pics.  I'm sure Darren and Mia will release some pics later.  :happy face   How fun to have the wedding in New Orleans.  So nice that Harry and Chord attended (and John Stamos).  Lea was supposed to be there too, I believe.   I know Ryan is very busy, so I assume he wasn't able to attend.  I wonder about Jenna and Jane Lynch, Joaquin Sedillo and Brad Ellis?  Alan Cumming?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I've been so busy lately and I also didn't want to post the paparazzi pics. 

So great that we now have so many lovely photos and fun videos of the multi-day wedding celebration.  :happy face

Via Darren Criss Army:

Aw, such a sweet moment with his mom.  Love the Barong Tagalog that Darren is wearing.  His mother looks stunning (would love a pic showing the front of her dress with her lovely face).  I spy Chord and Harry in the background. 
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnaekwrUZ41ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren honored his Filipino heritage by wearing a traditional Barong Tagalog by designer Francis Libiran while dancing with his mother. This custom-designed piece was hand-loomed from pure pineapple fabric, and the intricately embroidered design was inspired by the famous tattoo patterns of the indigenous people of Cebu.

Photo: Katie Edwards Photo

You can see more of this special garment in this pic with his good friends:
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnat7ntFum1tz53qh_1280
Via Philip Markle’s Instagram Story, Feb 21, 2019

(Source: instagram.com)

Darren and Mia at their reception via Philip Markle on Twitter

via Darren Criss Army

philipsparkle And here’s the most epic wedding ceremony ever! Congratulations @darrencriss @sunsetstrippa heart 

Via Darren Criss Army

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo1_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo2_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo3_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo4_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo5_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo6_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo7_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo8_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnad8t5kHO1ubd9qxo9_1280
Darren Criss and Mia Swier’s Wedding Was a Musical Extravaganza Under the Spanish Moss in New Orleans

For more pics, go to the Vogue article:  https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/mia-swier-and-darren-criss-vera-wang-dress-new-orleans-wedding#1

Here's a lovely pic of the back of Mia's dress and her veil:
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnaw5y01iX1ubd9qxo1_1280
keithlissner Congratulations to the newlyweds! @mia.swier @darrencriss  Let's clap   What a fantastic night! Dress by VW

(Keith is the EVP of Design for Vera Wang)

For more info about her wedding dress, go to the entire article in Brides (I didn't post the article--sorry, there is just so much to post, but here's the link):
Brides wrote:
Darren Criss and Mia Swier's Wedding: A Closer Look at the Bride's Custom Vera Wang Wedding Dress

February 21, 2019

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Voncrissvogue_kephoto138-Edit
Katie Edwards
Source:  https://www.brides.com/story/darren-criss-mia-swier-vera-wang-wedding-dress?utm_medium=social&mbid=social_twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_brand=brides&utm_social-type=owned

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnakyekUei1ubd9qxo1_1280
verawang Morning after with the groom…..poolside

These are cute pics.  I spy a bunch of StarKids and Lea in the bottom pic.
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnai8i4Wmi1ubd9qxo2_1280

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnai8i4Wmi1ubd9qxo1_1280
Philip Markle‏ @philipsparkle Has a blast boating around the Bayou last week! Pics from  adventures before @DarrenCriss and @miaswier insane and beautiful wedding last week in #Nola

Via d-criss-news:

Yong Chavez also posted a nice YouTube video: 
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnb162TMzd1v3daoq_1280
Link

Darren Criss wears pina barong tagalog during dance with Filipina mother at his wedding reception

YouTube Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqSmAjSwRMk&feature=youtu.be

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Nice to have you back. 

On the pictures, I think I've also identified Lea Michele, John Stamos and Jonathan Groff but not sure. 

I didn't know Darren was followed by paparazzi. Is that new ?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, thanks Jeremy.  It's always nice to chat with you.  :happy face

Max Adler also went--they have a nice friendship.  I didn't see Jonathan Groff.  Which pic did you see him in?  But then again, I'm not sure either--there are so many people and I'm not sure what Jonathan Groff looks like right now.

There have been at least a couple of times (at least once, years before ACS Versace, and at least once after the airing of ACS Versace), that the paparazzi staked out near his house and actually filmed him during his walks near his house.   And for some reason, they seemed to know about him being in New Orleans for his wedding.  They've caught him having lunch (in Los Angeles) with Mia, family and/or friends a bunch of times, even before ACS Versace.  It's possible they may become more aggressive in their pursuit of pics now that Darren has won some prestigious awards.

Via Darren Criss Army:

Darren & Lea singing Meatloaf’s “Paradise By The Dashboard Light”!

Via Nic Pool’s IG stories

Via Darren Criss Army

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Couldn't it be Jonathan Groff on this picture, just behind Darren's mum ? 

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pnaekwrUZ41ubd9qxo1_1280

Btw, I've heard Ryan and Ian are working on an upcoming Netflix show called "Hollywood". Do you think what I think ? :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, it does look like Jonathan Groff right behind Darren's mom . . . but it's hard to tell for certain (only can see the top part of his head :amused ).    Maybe more pics will come out.  (But I could see him at Darren's wedding.)

I've seen some hopefulness among some fans of Darren on tumblr about Ryan's new show, "Hollywood" on Netflix that got media coverage this week.  Cross fingers Darren's a part of this show  :fingers crossed  (and maybe Finn and Cody too?) ! 

haha.  If Darren is part of the cast of "Hollywood," the first question that popped into my mind is I wondered if they are gonna gel Darren's hair again because it's Hollywood during set in "the Golden Age of Tinseltown" (Ryan's instagram message).   Isn't the "Golden Age" of Hollywood the 1950s/1960s?  (I'm not sure.)  If Darren is cast, is Darren going to have that "Blaine" hair look?  :amused  (The second question is what glamorous ladies are they gonna cast for "Hollywood"?  Maybe Glenn Close, if she's available.  Who else would be glamorous?  Jessica Lange?  Julia Roberts? )   It sounds like it will be a show with so many possibilities.  Is it gonna combine politics and social commentary (discrimination and exclusion of certain communities--racial minorities, the LGBTQ community) with glamour, sex, and gossip?  Will there be commentary about the treatment of women?  Racist practices like blackface and yellow-face, the way they portrayed Native Americans, African-Americans and Asian-Americans (racial stereotypes)?  Government oppression and violation of people's free speech and freedom of association rights via the McCarthy era?  Women portrayed as sex symbols?  So many possibilities!

More about Darren and Mia's wedding:

via Darren Criss Army:

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pneqczis2G1tz53qh_1280

(Source: twitter.com)

Aw, nice pic! 
10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_pndxnldrlj1ubd9qxo1_1280

mr_max_adler Gleeunion. New Orleans style  hands in the air  heart  

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I didn't know "Hollywood" would be set in the past. I think I would prefer a story in the present but we'll see.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sure the show would be interesting either way (set in the past or present).  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Message to Members and Guests:

Forumotion recently dramatically increased the costs of the stopping ads and it's getting expensive.  

Due to a combination of my having to pay for the monthly cost of stopping Forumotion (the platform) from sending ads to the forum (that's one of the ways they make some money), and my lack of time due to other issues in my life, I will no longer be updating the forum. 

The forum is just a couple of months short of being around for 3 years, and I feel like it's time for me to focus on other issues in my life.

I am not deleting the forum, so it will still be up. 

However, since I will no longer be paying to stop ads, if you do visit the forum to look at previous posts, please make sure you have an ad-block extension (such as Adblock or Adblock Plus), or you will be hit with ads (and there is a fear that some of the ads will force you to go to unsafe websites).   Today (Feb. 28) is the last time that ads will be stopped.  Starting March 1, the ads will start hitting the forum.

It's been fun and I really enjoyed my conversations with the forum's various members.  I would like to thank the members who have participated in and supported [me] and the forum!  It's so appreciated!

I continue to be a fan of Darren and will continue to follow news about him.  

Best wishes to everyone!

P.S.

For any guests who are U.S. citizens/can vote--please, please, please do vote in any election you are eligible to vote in, but especially the 2020 Presidential election, as well as the U.S. Senate and U.S House of Representative races in 2020.

State election races/state offices also matter in terms of fair redistricting for U.S. House races and other issues (reproductive rights/suppression of the right to vote/LGBTQ rights/ civil rights for people of color/ rights of children, etc) that affect the lives of you, your family members, your friends, your co-workers and many more people. 

Please also be an active member of our American society.  Vote!  But go beyond that if you can, email, call, and/or write to your legislative representatives.  Arrange to meet with them at their offices.  Go to public protests about government policies and actions that you feel are wrong and harmful.  

If you care about the future of our world and the people and other species that inhabit it, try to make a difference.

Just to illustrate one Trump administration practice that is especially cruel and has driven me to tears of sadness and anger, take a look at this tragic news that broke out just a couple of days ago.  Sexual abuse cannot be tolerated.  These are children, people.   Please call  your U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senators and express to them that both family separation of immigrant children, AND  emotional, physical, and/or sexual abuse of immigrant children in these detention centers must be fully investigated and must stop!

The New York Times wrote:
Thousands of Immigrant Children Said They Were Sexually Abused in U.S. Detention Centers, Report Says

February 27, 2019

The federal government received more than 4,500 complaints in four years about the sexual abuse of immigrant children who were being held at government-funded detention facilities, including an increase in complaints while the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant families at the border was in place, the Justice Department revealed this week.

The records, which involve children who had entered the country alone or had been separated from their parents, detailed allegations that adult staff members had harassed and assaulted children, including fondling and kissing minors, watching them as they showered, and raping them. They also included cases of suspected abuse of children by other minors.

[ . . . ]

The documents, first reported by Axios, were made public by Representative Ted Deutch, Democrat of Florida, the night before a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday about the Trump administration’s policy of family separations at the southern border. That policy, which was put in place last spring, resulted in more than 2,700 children being separated from their parents under President Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy of prosecuting anyone caught crossing the border illegally, including those with families seeking asylum on humanitarian grounds.

For most of the four years covered by the report, the number of allegations made to the Office of Refugee Resettlement stayed about the same from month to month. But the number of complaints rose after the Trump administration enacted its separation policy. From March 2018 to July 2018, the agency received 859 complaints, the largest number of reports during any five-month span in the previous four years. Of those, 342 allegations were referred to the Justice Department, the report showed.

Source:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/us/immigrant-children-sexual-abuse.html?login=email&auth=login-email

To find out how to contact your U. S. Senators, please go here:    https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

You can find your House of Representative’s number by calling the Capitol's switchboard at 202-224-3121.   You also may find your House of Representative's phone number by going here: https://www.house.gov/representatives

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

I want to put on the record that I am highly tempted to steal these boots (photos from the 2019 Vanity Fair Oscars After-Party on February 24):

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 DndNmGR

-

10 - Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2019 - Page 2 AvdiRVo

I also wanted at least one photo of the newlyweds (!!) showing their wedding bands on this site for posterity. :very happy 

Thank you to everyone who posted. :bravo

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks DaisiesAndLilies--wonderful post!  Thanks so much for all your participation!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum