Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!")

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_o6t13pTaAj1tw77w0o1_500
quirkyquantumqueen:
Free Industry Screening of Smitten! in Thousand Oaks
Join us for an industry screening of a new feature film written and directed by Oscar Award winning film maker Barry Morrow, writer/director of Rain Man.
Smitten! is a fanciful tale of romance, comedy, and Italian charm. When a young New Yorker and a trio of bumbling Italian kidnappers accidentally spend the night in an enchanted cottage, they each find romantic happiness with some unsuspecting village residents. Filmed in the Alto-Adige region of Northern Italy.

I had emailed them on Saturday, and they emailed me back today.   The screening already had occurred (Wednesday of last week).

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:44 pm; edited 4 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Morrow will show a preview of his first movie as a director of “Smitten” at the Global Film & Music Festival (July 9 - 17). The movie, shot in Trentino, features Darren Criss (star of Glee) and Madalina Ghenea as the two main characters.

- Morrow at Ischia Global | larena.it
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I wonder if the movie will be showed in my city when it comes out in theaters.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy!   I really  hope this either already has a distributor or gets one for regions beside the U.S or Italy.  I would like to see it distributed to other countries beside Italy and the U.S.  Cross our fingers!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Morrow will be making the trek to the Italian island off the coast of Naples to present the festival premiere of his directorial debut “Smitten!,” an Italy-set romcom based on his own script. It stars “Glee” actor Darren Criss as an American fashion exec who gets kidnapped and taken to the Alps.

-  Screenwriter Barry Morrow to be Feted by Italy’s Ischia Global Fest  | variety

The Ischia Global Film and Music festival runs from July 9 to July 17, 2016.

I hope it is well received at the festival.  :happy face  Fingers crossed!   I hope the film, when it is distributed, shows in Brussels and also in Lilikoiluv and Lin's cities!

This film sounds right up my street! It sounds very Amelie-esque. I hope it gets released in the cinema here. I read somewhere that Darren's character gets enchanted and falls in love with a cow? Imagine DC making those Blaine heart eyes at a cow!! :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote:This film sounds right up my street! It sounds very Amelie-esque. I hope it gets released in the cinema here. I read somewhere that Darren's character gets enchanted and falls in love with a cow? Imagine DC making those Blaine heart eyes at a cow!! DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") 1021284439
I really enjoyed "Amelie."   Yes, please let the film play in London, Brussels, and Germany, and the U.S.! 

I don't remember any more.  But I don't think they actually said it was Darren's character that fell in love with the cow.  Does anyone else remember? 

haha!   Who would do the big, puppy dog eyes better?  Darren or the cow? 

Darren
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_o36q1b62Jx1qzh21go2_250
janel-moloney

Versus

Cow
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Z

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

I do remember there was a source that said it was Darren's character, because I was looking forward to getting one step closer in testing my theory that Darren could be making heart eyes at a sack of potatoes and make me believe in their great undying love. Wink ("According to the script, the film’s leading man Darren Criss falls in love with Lilly, a local cow." source)

...but unfortunately, that source was probably mistaken, because an actor who plays one of the mafia guys said it's his character ("Pensa che il mio personaggio si innamora di una mucca" - "I think my character falls in love with a cow" - Fabrizio Biggio).
It's the guy who's posing with the cow here, so I could imagine that those are the four "love stories" that were mentioned in the description of the film. I could be wrong of course, but I always thought there was likely a gay couple involved, simply because there don't seem to be a lot of female characters in the film.
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_o6tg06v25y1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy wrote:Yes, please let the film play in London, Brussels, and Germany, and the U.S.!
I don't expect it to be shown in Germany, much less anywhere close to me, but fingers crossed. :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:I do remember there was a source that said it was Darren's character, because I was looking forward to getting one step closer in testing my theory that Darren could be making heart eyes at a sack of potatoes and make me believe in their great undying love. DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Icon_wink ("According to the script, the film’s leading man Darren Criss falls in love with Lilly, a local cow." source)

One, you are a great source of info.  Thanks for the link to the source, Lin.

Lin wrote:I was looking forward to getting one step closer in testing my theory that Darren could be making heart eyes at a sack of potatoes and make me believe in their great undying love.

Two, you are so funny.  snort!  :laughing

Lin wrote:
...but unfortunately, that source was probably mistaken, because an actor who plays one of the mafia guys said it's his character ("Pensa che il mio personaggio si innamora di una mucca" - "I think my character falls in love with a cow" - Fabrizio Biggio).

Thanks for the second source too!  

Lin wrote:so I could imagine that those are the four "love stories" that were mentioned in the description of the film. I could be wrong of course, but I always thought there was likely a gay couple involved, simply because there don't seem to be a lot of female characters in the film.

That would seem like a possibility.   I hope you're right.  

You never know.  I hope that Smitten! does show nearby you, or that it is available on streaming.  Cross our fingers!

Poppy wrote:
dusty wrote:This film sounds right up my street! It sounds very Amelie-esque. I hope it gets released in the cinema here. I read somewhere that Darren's character gets enchanted and falls in love with a cow? Imagine DC making those Blaine heart eyes at a cow!! DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") 1021284439
I really enjoyed "Amelie."   Yes, please let the film play in London, Brussels, and Germany, and the U.S.! 

I don't remember any more.  But I don't think they actually said it was Darren's character that fell in love with the cow.  Does anyone else remember? 

haha!   Who would do the big, puppy dog eyes better?  Darren or the cow? 

Darren
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_o36q1b62Jx1qzh21go2_250
janel-moloney

Versus

Cow
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Z

hahahahaha! I don't even know who has the bigger eyes! Think this might be a draw!

Lin wrote:I do remember there was a source that said it was Darren's character, because I was looking forward to getting one step closer in testing my theory that Darren could be making heart eyes at a sack of potatoes and make me believe in their great undying love. Wink ("According to the script, the film’s leading man Darren Criss falls in love with Lilly, a local cow." source)

It's the guy who's posing with the cow here, so I could imagine that those are the four "love stories" that were mentioned in the description of the film. I could be wrong of course, but I always thought there was likely a gay couple involved, simply because there don't seem to be a lot of female characters in the film.
DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_o6tg06v25y1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy wrote:Yes, please let the film play in London, Brussels, and Germany, and the U.S.!
I don't expect it to be shown in Germany, much less anywhere close to me, but fingers crossed. :happy face

Hahahahaha! He definitely could!

Ah, so it is probably wrong then. Shame, I would have liked to have seen that! But hey, maybe we could see him make heart eyes at a sack of spuds instead. :laughing Btw, Darren looks Italian in that picture! It looks like a family photo.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I've heard people say Darren looks Mediterranean.   Greek?  Italian?   He said people tell him he looks Jewish.

I've never really thought about it before, but yes, he does look Italian. Any news on when it might come out?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote:Any news on when it might come out?

Unfortunately, no.  I think Darren said Smitten! may come out 2016.   But I take that with a grain of salt.  :amused

Hmmm, yes, I would to. We're probably looking at next summer, no? I'm just saying summer because it seems like such a summer film. But I'm probably wrong and it will come out at Christmas!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I would love to see the film in 2016!  Cross our fingers.  Maybe they could give the cow some reindeer antlers.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_oa2j1htFew1uetdyxo1_500
officialmadalinaghenea: Just finished ADR .Thank you all !
So very proud to call these wonderful human beings my movie family .one year on from filming the countdown is getting closer ,in a few days at @ischiaglobalfest we will show a few minutes of our film !!! this is a great honor for us and for ‘SMITTEN’ !Barry ,my dearest don’t know how to thank you ,back in Romania when I was a child and I was selling tomatoes and cucumbers I never ever ,not even for a second thought one day I will be the lead role in a movie directed by an Oscar winner ,not 'just ’ an Oscar winner but really the most beautiful soul I know !thank you @pascalvicedomini for having us at @ischiaglobalfest, my acting path started for me in Ischia 5 years ago and you are the first one that believed in me as an actress ,here I am coming back this year with my first lead role !thank you and your lovely wife for being such great hosts every summer . #WorkingNightAndDay #Smitten #BarryMorrow

The Ischia Global Film and Music festival for 2016 has begun, running from July 9 to July 17, 2016.  

I wonder what scene(s) from the film they will preview at this festival?  :happy face   I see Darren's profile in the scene on the screen in the background.

Poppy wrote:I would love to see the film in 2016!  Cross our fingers.  Maybe they could give the cow some reindeer antlers.  :happy face
:laughing

Lets hope they preview some of DC's scenes and someone will upload it on youtube! Yes, that is DC on the screen in the background. Fingers (and toes) crossed that it gets good reviews at the festival and gains some traction. Do they have a distribution deal yet?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dusty!   I haven't heard if they have a distribution deal, or not.  It doesn't mean they don't have a distribution deal, but it's unclear at this point.

ha!  I wouldn't be surprised if someone did see it at the festival and then posts it on Youtube. 

I'm not sure how much of the film they will show at the festival, but yes!   Even though the entire film won't be shown at this festival, I hope the film gets some buzz from viewers.  Cross fingers!  :fingers crossed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Came upon this gif set during when Darren was filming Smitten last summer.   Thought I would share.  I like how expressive his face is when he sends these little messages to his fans.  :happy face

DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_ntjmh0pi2y1qg63t2o1_500

DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_ntjmh0pi2y1qg63t2o2_500

DarrenCriss - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") Tumblr_ntjmh0pi2y1qg63t2o3_r1_500
butjustwearclothes:
Darren Criss | Smitten BTS
via  rrrumbleroar

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum