Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!")

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Poppy wrote:Hi dusty!   I haven't heard if they have a distribution deal, or not.  It doesn't mean they don't have a distribution deal, but it's unclear at this point.

ha!  I wouldn't be surprised if someone did see it at the festival and then posts it on Youtube. 

I'm not sure how much of the film they will show at the festival, but yes!   Even though the entire film won't be shown at this festival, I hope the film gets some buzz from viewers.  Cross fingers!  :fingers crossed

Thanks. lets hope it gets one soon, if it hasn't got one already. :happy face

That gif set is very cute. His eyes!!! He definitely beats the cow! :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, cross fingers we hear news about a distribution deal soon!  

haha!  "He definitely beats the cow!" 

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_ob3sd4XLQ61uetdyxo1_500
via Darren’s Snapchat (username: darrencriss)
dailydarrennews

This is interesting, and sounds positive.   I hope this means the film is moving forward and hopefully, we will hear something about a distributor being attached to the film.

Madelina posted that she finished ADR in early July. 

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_oa2j1htFew1uetdyxo1_500
officialmadalinaghenea: Just finished ADR .Thank you all !
So very proud to call these wonderful human beings my movie family .one year on from filming the countdown is getting closer ,in a few days at @ischiaglobalfest we will show a few minutes of our film !!! this is a great honor for us and for ‘SMITTEN’ !Barry ,my dearest don’t know how to thank you ,back in Romania when I was a child and I was selling tomatoes and cucumbers I never ever ,not even for a second thought one day I will be the lead role in a movie directed by an Oscar winner ,not 'just ’ an Oscar winner but really the most beautiful soul I know !thank you @pascalvicedomini for having us at @ischiaglobalfest, my acting path started for me in Ischia 5 years ago and you are the first one that believed in me as an actress ,here I am coming back this year with my first lead role !thank you and your lovely wife for being such great hosts every summer . #WorkingNightAndDay #Smitten #BarryMorrow
(via dailydarrennews)

Here is an explanation of what "ADR" means: 
"An actor watches the image repeatedly while listening to the original production track on headphones as a guide. The actor then re-performs each line to match the wording and lip movements."  

Actors must try
"to achieve sync and to recapture the emotional tone of their performance." 
filmsound.org

I wonder if this was the work-related reason that Darren needed to be back in L.A. at 3:30 today?

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy wrote:I wonder if this was the work-related reason that Darren needed to be back in L.A. at 3:30 today?
Probably. I think Madelina did her ADR work in Italy, so maybe that's where the delay between her and Darren comes from.
I really hope Darren doesn't forget about/get tired of Snapchat any time soon, I feel like he's posting much more stuff that he normally wouldn't on other social media.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lin!
Lin wrote:Probably. I think Madelina did her ADR work in Italy, so maybe that's where the delay between her and Darren comes from.

That makes sense. 

Lin wrote:I really hope Darren doesn't forget about/get tired of Snapchat any time soon, I feel like he's posting much more stuff that he normally wouldn't on other social media.

I don't know anything about Snapchat.  Can anyone explain it to me?   I think it's cool that it appears that one  easily may place fun/funny animated images (like "cartoon Darren" and a cartoon pic of a fuel gauge on empty) and decorative messages, on top of actual photos.    It seems like that kind of social media would appeal to Darren's fun and quirky side.

He does seem to be making an effort to use social media more often, which I think in general is a good thing, to connect with fans on a broad level  like that (along with his continuing to be quite remarkable in that compared to  most celebrities, he always has made a huge effort to try to connect with fans he actually meets, by taking photos, signing his autograph, making eye-contact, asking fans how they are doing, even when he is in a rush, something that most celebrities shy away from, generally-speaking).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Lin, for your answer about SnapChat (see the Darren Appreciation Thread).   It was very helpful.  :happy face

This looks positive.  :big grin

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_ob8d1vQy1P1txcuo2o1_250 

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_ob8d1vQy1P1txcuo2o2_250

i-and-my-annabel-lee:

Smitten! and Darren Criss on the Italian newspaper La Stampa. (01/08/2016)

La Stampa (Italian newspaper) wrote:Smitten! is a romantic love movie, in every respect. It’s a family movie, no naked scenes, this time my father will be able to watch it without any embarassment” _ Madalina Ghenea 

The caption under the picture from the set is:

La Stampa wrote:
Smitten!

A funny photo of the cast of the American movie filmed in Trentino and Rome.

The newspaper announced that Smitten! is “coming soon” but it didn’t give any specific arc of time/date.

(via dailydarrennews)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Madalina posted a video.  Here is the link on her instagram:  officialmadalinaghenea

And she posted this instagram message with the video: 
" heart heart heart#momentimagici #smitten #comingsoon "  

(via dailydarrennews)

September 12, 2016

In the video, you can see Darren in the background playing on  his guitar.

Hope the film is coming soon (as in 2016?)! 

Google translate:  "momenti magici"  = "magic moments"

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think they sing O sole mio  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, Jeremy, I am impressed you knew that!  Thanks for the info.   :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

This thread is pretty quiet. Nothing new about the movie since September ?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, there hasn't been any news about Smitten! for a while.  I googled it and googled Barry Morrow (the director) and didn't find any more updated news.  I hope we hear some news about it early 2017.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

What a coincidence, some Smitten!-related news.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews (thank you!):

Brief clip of Smitten! | source
December 30, 2016
dailydarrennews

Google translate: wrote: 
Little clip of Darren Criss in his next film "Smitten" via Aurélie Gibaru in the IG. Posted on 12/07/2016.

And via Alex of DCN (thanks Alex!)
BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_oj1hjfqoBO1u4l72go1_500

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_oj1hjfqoBO1u4l72go2_500
darrenkey:
     Darren Criss (”Tyler Hutton”) and Ángela Molina (”Signora Corvo”) on the set of the upcoming film “Smitten!”

Cross fingers we get some news of a distributor soon!  :fingers crossed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please say this is a good sign that Smitten!  will make it to the theaters in 2017!  :fingers crossed :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

From dailydarrennews:

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_om97d2v6ER1uetdyxo1_500
mdunn.nyc: Getting too anxious waiting for the movie Smitten! to come out where I get to play this guy’s assistant!

March 03 2017

Darren's character (Tyler?) is supposed to be a shallow fashion exec, possibly a jerk-type.  I can see Darren, during breaks,  apologizing profusely to this young actor, for being so mean to her when he's in character. :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is a positive sign.   More Smitten! news! thumbs up

From dailydarrennews:

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_omeqcb8D9X1uetdyxo2_500
BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_omeqcb8D9X1uetdyxo1_500
This romantic drama is set in Italy and is directed by Oscar winning director, Barry Morrow (Rainman).   It features a 70 piece orchestra, accordion, mandolins, acoustic guitar, and a children's choir.

Listen to the Smitten soundtrack on american composer Jeff Cardoni’s website

via dailydarrennews

Some more info about Jeff Cardoni, from his website:

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
Jeff Cardoni - bio

He has received several ASCAP Film and Television Awards for his work on the worldwide hit CSI:Miami and was nominated for an Ariel Award for his score to the feature 7 Dias.

[His body of work includes] . . . television scores such the hit Mike Judge comedy Silicon Valley for HBO, CBS drama The Defenders with James Belushi, The Lottery, and the worldwide Jerry Bruckheimer produced hit CSI:Miami.

Jeff is also an active songwriter, penning the theme songs to FX’s The League, MTV’s “Pimp My Ride”, and Fox’s MadTV,  with songs appearing countless films, including "Hard Knock Life" with Mike Myers in Austin Powers, “Long Road Home” featuring Gene Simmons of Kiss for CSI, on camera songs for Fox’s Gotham, The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz, A Walk To Remember, New York Minute and many others.

[. . . ]

Recent scores include Middle School: The Worst Years Of My Life, based on the best selling young adult book by James Patterson and the new ABC comedy Speechless starring Minnie Driver.  Upcoming scores include the Jerry Bruckheimer and Antoine Fuqua  produced Training Day series for CBS, the Netflix dramedy Girlboss, produced by Kay Cannon (Pitch Perfect) and Charlize Theron, comedienne Whitney Cumming’s feature directorial debut The Female Brain, with James Marsden and Sophia Vergara.  

His credits page includes info about Smitten!

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
Credits

Smitten                     
Director: Barry Morrow (Academy Award Winner "Rain Man")
Producer: David Nichols, Julia Rask
Cast: Darren Criss (Glee), Madalina Diana Ghenea, James Remar

I think this is the first time we saw actor James Remar in the credits for the cast (is that right, guys?).   I recognize James Remar when I looked him up.

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 James-remar-240x300
x

He was in Sex and the City, Dexter, and The Vampire Diaries.

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
It features a 70 piece orchestra, accordion, mandolins, acoustic guitar, and a children's choir.

-JeffCardoni.com

Wow.   A 70 piece-orchestra!   Excited to hear about this!

Yay! some Smitten news! Gosh, he looks scrumptious in that clip! It looks pretty funny! Hope it will be released in the cinema here.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I hope it's released in the U.S., the U.K. and internationally too, dusty.  Cross fingers!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Am hoping we see Smitten in the theaters in 2017! 

BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_omvah5jrEt1uetdyxo1_500
officialmadalinaghenea: #lifeOnAMovieSet  heart  @darrencriss #darrencriss
via dailydarrennews

Love that pic of the cast/crew relaxing together. And of course Darren is playing his guitar so that everyone can sing.  :big grin

New picture from Madelina's instagram: 
BarryMorrow - All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 2 Tumblr_omwivgnJwr1tpkj9wo1_500
officialmadelinaghenea #lifeOnaMovieSet #barrymorrow #darrencriss
tumblr source: x
original source: x 

I can't wait for this film to be released! 

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ohhhh!  Love that new photo, Lilikoiluv!    Gives us a nice hint of the plot!    Poor Tyler!

Love that photo! He looks so good, even with duck tape! fifty shades of grey, the farm yard version! tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum