Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's TV Projects for 2017

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

61default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:14 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
It's the first time I see Darren popping up in a TV series that I watch (Glee doesn't count because I didn't know him before that show) and it's quite a special feeling :happy face

When you see him with the DEO agents in the promo, you almost want to say to them "no, let him alone" :amused

DAL, I'm not sure these are Darren's hands. Look at these pictures :

http://dailydarrennews.tumblr.com/

62default Supergirl and The Flash Musical Crossovers on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for posting those 2 promo videos, Jeremy. 

@DaisiesAndLilies wrote:
I think I see some familiar hands at 0:06 in the Flash promo.

Jeremy wrote:
DAL, I'm not sure these are Darren's hands. Look at these pictures :

Guys, I can tell you if those are Darren's hands, if someone can answer this one question:  Are they hairy?  :amused Just kidding.

Jeremy wrote:It's the first time I see Darren popping up in a TV series that I watch (Glee doesn't count because I didn't know him before that show) and it's quite a special feeling

Aw, that's so cool, Jeremy. 

Jeremy wrote:
When you see him with the DEO agents in the promo, you almost want to say to them "no, let him alone"

haha!  I'm laughing, because that was my initial reaction when I saw that scene.  Let's start a petition:  "Let him go!"

Darren Criss as Music Meister on Supergirl, airing Monday March 20 on CW

(Source: youtu.be)
via DarrenCrissArmy

More pics (via Dailydarrennews):

entertainmentweekly:
   He is the Music Meister! Get your first look at Darren Criss as the Music Meister in The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover
via dailydarrennews

Blaine to Sebastian:  "No, you need to do the choreography again."  Marley: "Well, at least I know the dance steps."  :amused

Glee alums Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist will reunite with their former co-star Darren Criss in The Flash’s upcoming musical crossover with Supergirl, and Mashable has an exclusive first look at the trio in action.

Gustin doesn’t seem particularly thrilled to see his fellow Warbler in the sneak peek image below — but that’s probably because Criss is playing the villainous Music Meister — a metahuman whose powers cause people to spontaneously erupt into song and dance when they hear his voice.
mashable

via dailydarrennews

E! News wrote:
Have No Fear, The Flash Fans:  Iris Looks Super Cool in the Big Musical Crossover

Gustin and Benoist's former Glee costar Darren Criss will be taking on the role of the villain the Music Meister.

[. . . ]

According to the CW's official description of the episode, the musical crossover begins when Kara (Benoist) is put into a coma by the Music Meister. Hank (Harewood) and Mon-El (Wood) take her to Team Flash for some help and Barry (Gustin) gets hit too, sending him to join Kara in a 1940s coma world where they have no powers, but have to sing and dance their way to freedom. 

The event will feature both covers and original songs written by Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's Rachel Bloom and La La Land songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.

[. . . ]

The musical crossover will begin on Monday, March 20 at the end of Supergirl, and will continue on the Tuesday, March 21 episode of The Flash.
via DarrenCrissArmy

EW.com wrote:
See Darren Criss as Music Meister in The Flash-supergirl musical crossover first look

Meet your Music Meister!

During the upcoming FlashSupergirl musical crossover, Darren Criss makes his debut as the DC Comics villain who causes his victims to break out into song — and EW has the first look.

After being whammied by the Music Meister, Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Barry (Grant Gustin) find themselves trapped in an alternate reality in which life is like a movie musical. The only way to wake up? Follow the Meister’s script till the end. Kara and Barry’s friends are all characters within the movie, hence Winn (Jeremy Jordan) tickling the keys during a group number — which we reveal in this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Here are more photos:

via DarrenCrissArmy

Still holding out for a great costume for the Music Meister.  Grant looks dashing in his tux and Melissa looks beautiful in those gowns.

Am interested in hearing Pasek & Paul's "Runnin' Home to You," to be sung by Barry. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Darren sang one of his original songs on the show?

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

63default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 am

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Love the photos! This is going to be very exciting!

64default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:09 am

DaisiesAndLilies

General Member
General Member
@*Jeremy* wrote: DAL, I'm not sure these are Darren's hands. Look at these pictures :

Yeah, those are probably Winn's hands. :talking

65default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, dusty, this is gonna be fun! 

DaisiesAndLilies, it's ok, as a Darren fan, I think we are trained to always think it's Darren on the piano.  It was a bit jarring for to see Winn on the piano, although I know the character Jeremy Jordan played on Smash also played piano too, so I'm guessing Jeremy also plays.

66default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 am

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
All the promo stuff fooled me into thinking the episodes were airing next week already.  :cry

There was a longer article about the crossover on EW yesterday, quoting just some Darren-related parts:
Inside the super-sized Glee reunion on The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover

“I could not be happier that he’s here,” gushes Benoist, whose Glee character Marley Rose was mentored by Blaine. “He’s killing this role. He’s bringing such a fun energy, the way he did on Glee as well.”

Beyond Glee, the hour marks an even bigger reunion as Gustin and Supergirl‘s Chris Wood — who, along with co-star David Harewood, will guest in the crossover, but not sing — went to school together, while Criss counts Valdes, Pasek, and Paul as classmates. “It’s been a very sentimental crossover on so many levels,” Criss says. “Every day, every scene my mind is being blown. I can’t believe I’m here with Melissa Benoist and Carlos Valdes. ‘How do you guys even know each other? Oh, that’s right, you’re both superheroes!'”

Fun fact: Another classmate of theirs, Andy Mientus, also previously played a villain on The Flash, with Criss joking it’s about damn time he appeared in the Berlanti-verse. “I was wondering why everybody else I knew had been on the show but me,” Criss says with a laugh. In truth, Kreisberg says Criss was destined to play this role. “Darren so brings him to life,” the EP says. “I’m not sure who we would have gotten to do it if Darren had said no, but it turned out to be one of those things where we wanted Darren and Darren actually wanted the part. It was very kismet.”

Should the crossover prove successful, Kreisberg even has hopes for a sequel, and Criss would be elated to return to the wild, wild world of singing superheroes. “I would have liked to have written some songs,” quips the actor and musician, who landed the role too late in the process to do so. “I want to come back, I’m not done — then I’ll have my true payback!” Watch out, Flash!

Let's just declare it a success already. :happy face

67default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Aw, I know, it seems as if the promotion was for next week's shows, but it's not.  Are Supergirl and The Flash off next week?

Thanks for posting that article, Lin.  I appreciate it.  There's so much material the last 2 or 3 days, I can't keep up with Darren-related news!  I love that both Melissa and Kreisberg think highly of Darren's portrayal of the Music Meister.  :happy face 

Yes!!! We need Darren to return to the shows.  haha!   Better watch out Barry, the MM may seek revenge!  Aw, I knew Darren would have loved to be able to sing one of his own songs.  Maybe next time!

68default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:07 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
It would be great if the Music Meister could return in another episode of Supergirl or The Flash :happy face

Are Supergirl and The Flash off next week?

There's no Supergirl episode next week but I think there's a Flash episode.

There's so much material the last 2 or 3 days, I can't keep up with Darren-related news!

I have the feeling that the EP got released this month because Darren was already in the spotlight for the Music Meister (and ACS). For example, he certainly will talk about Computer Games on Conan but I'm not sure he would have been invited if there was only the EP.

69default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Jeremy wrote:There's no Supergirl episode next week but I think there's a Flash episode.

Thanks for the answer, Jeremy.

Jerremy wrote:
I have the feeling that the EP got released this month because Darren was already in the spotlight for the Music Meister (and ACS). For example, he certainly will talk about Computer Games on Conan but I'm not sure he would have been invited if there was only the EP.

Good point, Jeremy!  It makes sense. I'm glad that Darren is receiving some media coverage, both for the release of the Computer Games EP, and his guest appearances on Supergirl and The Flash. 

70default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:12 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

# Repost ryanbosch 

Had the absolute pleasure of recording #darrencriss today for ADR. He’s the MUSIC MEISTER in our musical episode airing next week. Used to watch him on GLEE every week. Cannot stress enough how great of an experience it was. Darren was so happy to be there. amped and ready for anything. He sang, made a ton of jokes and was just a genuine nice guy. Talked with him a bit after the session was over and he could not have been more down-to-earth. Would love to work with him again in the future. (Also, dude has a new album out on iTunes. Search out COMPUTER GAMES.) http://ift.tt/2n3t1OL

DarrenCrissArmy

Note:  Ryan Bosch is a post-production coordinator for The Flash.

Aw, it's so nice to hear the wonderful impression that Darren makes on people who he meets for the first time.  Love the comments about Darren's positive attitude, natural enthusiasm, being a genuinely nice, down-to-earth guy, who is funny and just plain pleasant to work with.  Especially appreciate that Ryan said that he would love to work with him again in the future.   Also love his nice little pitch to buy Lost Boys Life EP on iTunes.

71default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

Supergirl/Flash musical crossover behind the scenes begins at 1:57. Tune in next Monday and Tuesday on CW!

Darren’s portion of the Supergirl/Flash BTS video

(Source: youtu.be)

via DarrenCrissArmy

Here is another shorter, Youtube video of The Flash/Supergirl crossover:

Smith Lord @TiffanysTweets

Just a lil dab’ll do ya @DarrenCriss Funtimes on @cwtheflash @supergirlcw musical crossover #dcallaccess @dccomics #musicmeister @thecw
via DarrenCrissArmy

72default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

A glimpse of our villain manipulating the heroes of The Flash and Supergirl.

Darren Criss in the Supergirl/The Flash musical cross over | source

via dailydarrennews

haha!  That last line, with that facial expression of the Music Meister--perfect delivery by Darren!  :love 

The Flash 3x17 Promo “Duet” (HD)

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

73default Conan (March 14, 2017) on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Don't forget to watch Darren on Conan tonight (on TBS)!  heart

@DarrenCriss Catch me on @TeamCoco tonight at 11pm ET/10pm CT talking all things @weplaycomputers, @CW_TheFlash and @TheCWSupergirl.

Wow, nice shoes!

miarren-chill-klaine-coliver:

Via Ashley Weston’s snapchat and instagram stories (03-14-17)

From Darren Criss Army:

Oops.  Posting this video a little late.  Embarassed

Darren from Team Coco’s Snapchat (teamcoco), 3/14/17

Thank you, Mason!  :happy face  So sweet that he watched and recorded!

Mason Alexander Park‏ @MasonAPark

Me after running home to catch my girl @DarrenCriss on @ConanOBrien and if you haven’t already, go listen to @weplaycomputers

via DarrenCrissArmy

Another video from Mason.  Love how supportive he is. :happy face

“Yas Hedwig on Conan!”
via Mason Alexander Park on IG Stories (masonalexanderpark), 3/14/17
via DarrenCrissArmy

@DarrenCriss
March 14, 2017
(And link to Team Coco’s tweet)
via DarrenCrissArmy

I just finished watching a few minutes ago.  I thought Darren did very well.  He talked about Hedwig, and about The Flash and Supergirl musical crossovers.  My favorite part was when he fan-boyed out when Conan was talking about and holding what looked like Computer Games' Lost Boys Life (super-sized) album.    Darren was so cute.   He was so excited about Conan talking about the EP, and Darren did a shout-out to Chuck about how this was a dream come true for Darren for Conan to hold the EP by his brother and himself.   

@weplaycomputers on #Conan!

3/14/17 http://ift.tt/2n8hpKy

via DarrenCrissArmy

# Repost charlescriss

unreal, this guy literally shaped my sense of humor #simpsons #conan4evah http://ift.tt/2mqK3lx

via DarrenCrissArmy

Darren on Conan 3/14/17
DarrenCrissArmy

74default Conan (March 14, 2017) on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

There are 4 videos of Darren on Conan from last night (March 14, 2017).

Here is the link to their website, with the 4 videos:  http://teamcoco.com/video/darren-criss-on-his-role-in-the-flash-supergirl-musical-episode?playlist=x;eyJ0eXBlIjoidGFnIiwiaWQiOjc0MjF9

75default Conan (March 14, 2017) on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
One of the four videos of Darren on Conan (March 14, 2017):

Darren Criss On His Role In The Flash/Supergirl Musical Episode - Conan O’Brien | March 14, 2017
na-page

@etaibenson @Kuhn and I are trying to watch @ConanOBrien, then some douche shows up on the TV… @DarrenCriss #goblue #famousfriends #denverlife
March 15 2017

76default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
More pics.  :happy face

From dailydarennews:

New stills of Darren Criss in the Supergirl/The Flash musical cross over | Source

March 15 2017
dailydarrennews

From DarrenCrissArmy:

Ha!  "It's a safe bet to assume that this is a metaphor for something that happens in the episode."  :amused

# repost @grantgust

Next week on The Flash people sing and dance. No, seriously. And here’s some cool art of Barry being manipulated like a marionette. It’s a safe bet to assume that this is a metaphor for something that happens in the episode.

#grantgustin #darrencriss #theflash http://ift.tt/2mL9U9z

77default Conan (March 14, 2017) on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:19 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
A video of the entire interview on Conan (March 14), although Darren gets cut out of the view near the end for a few seconds.

78default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:03 pm

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I love the promo. The episode seems to be very fun and Darren seems to be brilliant in it :love

I have watched the Conan video, it was nice and I'm glad he kind of accomplished a childhood dream. Btw, it's funny he mostly talked about Hedwig :amused

79default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
It's going to be fun to sit back and watch Darren have fun with the character of Music Meister.  :big grin 

Jeremy wrote:I have watched the Conan video, it was nice and I'm glad he kind of accomplished a childhood dream. Btw, it's funny he mostly talked about Hedwig

Yes, I'm so happy for Darren and Chuck that they achieved a childhood dream.   heart   It was a very sweet moment on Conan.  :cry   haha!  Yes, I thought the same thing, about how much time they spent on Hedwig.   But Conan seemed very interested in talking about it.  It's too bad Conan didn't catch one of the Hedwig shows while the tour was in Los Angeles, although I know he's so busy filming his own show.

From dailydarrennews:

Ooooh.  We get a nice little review (before the episode has even aired!).  applause

Comicbook.com wrote:
Flash/Supergirl Musical Review: Putting A Little Love In Your Heart

03/17/2017

It's fantastic to see Darren Criss as a part of the "Arrowverse;" whether one loved Glee or hated Glee, Criss performing "Teenage Dream" was one of the best moments of that six-year run, and his character of Blaine, who once memorably took a slushie to the face courtesy of Grant Gustin's nasty Sebastian Smythe, was a highlight. I was disappointed that this episode didn't feature much of Criss' musical talents; perhaps a return appearance may be in order so we can see more of what he can do.

Nice comment from the reviewer.  Was wondering how much Darren would sing (was hoping for a solo).  So we previously were told there are 5 songs in The Flash episode.  Barry and Kara have a solo each.  And Kara and Barry sing a duet.  Jeremy, Carlos and Darren sing on one song, I believe (is that right?  I thought I read that somewhere).  John Barrowman, Victor Garber, and Jesse Martin sing together.   So lots of talented folks singing.  Like the reviewer said, hopefully sometime in the future, Darren will return in the role (and if we are lucky, he can sing a song he wrote  :fingers crossed ).    Am so looking forward to Darren's acting in the role of the Music Meister!

Melissa had some nice things to say about Darren.  heart
EW.com wrote:
Supergirl's Melissa Benoist on trading supersuit for vintage wear

3/17/2017

What was it like getting to reunite with Darren?

I could not be happier that he’s here. He’s killing this role. He’s bringing such a fun energy to set, the way he did on Glee as well. We interacted quite a bit on Glee. Our characters were in the New Directions together, and his was kind of a mentor for the younger group of kids, which I was a part of that. It’s obviously a different dynamic now, but nevertheless it’s a low-key artists net.

How do you think the Music Meister compares to some of the other villains we’ve seen on these shows?

I always love when our villains have a bit of tongue-in-cheek quirkiness about them. They get silly and goofy, and that’s definitely what this is. He’s kind of this all-knowing and all-powerful being that we don’t really know where he comes from or why he’s doing what he’s doing until the very end, but I guess that’s how he’s different. He’s very mysterious and more magical than violent.

There is an print interview by Entertainment Weekly with Darren: 
The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover: Darren Criss details dastardly new villain

If you read very carefully, you can maybe tell Darren is very excited about being part of the show.    :amused

One thing I noticed is, when Darren gets excited, he sometimes gives lengthy replies to the interviewer's questions, and can go a little off on a tangent (which can be a bit tricky with a written interview, since there is no time limit, like a video or TV interview).  An example would be his answer to the question about what prep did he do for the episode.   And with written/print interviews, it unfortunately is sometimes difficult to see the context of how Darren says something, in terms of whether he is saying something in a joking way, or his tone and facial expressions.  If someone reading this interview hasn't seen many of Darren's interviews, the answer he gave when he mentioned Andy Mientus may come off a bit awkward in print.  (But if the interview was a different medium, such as a video or TV interview, I would imagine it would be clear that Darren was saying some of his answer in a joking way.)    Just my thoughts.  :talking

Darren did another interview for The Flash/Supergirl crossover.  Cute interview.   He made me laugh right at the start, when he talked about having a Pavlovian habit of wearing green on St. Patrick's Day because he went to an all-boys school.  :big grin  Darren's charm is so visible.   :love   The rest of the news folks listening to Darren's interview were all-smiles.   Liked that the interviewer allowed Darren to plug Computer Games and the Lost Boys Life EP (and they even played a bit of the video for "Every Single Night").  applause

Thank you, na-page for putting the video on tumblr.  We appreciate it!

Darren Criss Talks Playing the Music Meister and New EP - KTLA Morning News | March 17, 2017
na-page

TV Guide:

Darren in the current issue of TVGuide | source

It's gonna be so fun to watch Darren in this role!   Can't wait until Monday and Tuesday.  Don't forget to record (Supergirl on Monday and The Flash on Tuesday on the CW, folks!

80default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:21 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
Darren's MM seems to be some comic vilain or some frenemy and I love that kind of character. Next year, we'll have a full season of him playing a pure vilain, anyway.

According to the interviews, there will also be a mystery around the MM and a revelation at the end of the crossover. Also nice.

81default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Jeremy wrote:Darren's MM seems to be some comic vilain or some frenemy and I love that kind of character. Next year, we'll have a full season of him playing a pure vilain, anyway.

Yes, I think Darren described the MM as a trickster, so I'm imagining a rascally, mischievous villain.  If you are a Star Trek fan, maybe sort of in line with the character "Q," who was an all-powerful being that had a wicked sense of humor, but was dangerous as well.

And yes, we will see the scary, real-life villain in Versace:  American Crime Story, so I'm good with a fun villain in The Flash.

Spoiler:
I'm guessing the revelation at the end has to do with Barry and Iris's relationship, or Iris's future. 

82default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

EW.com wrote:
Experience The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover through John Barrowman's eyes

March 18, 2017

Were you nervous coming in to do a dance scene like this?

Absolutely. I’m exceptionally confident vocally, I’m exceptionally confident when I’m on camera doing all the other stuff, but when it comes to a style of dancing that I’m not so confident about, I am very nervous, and I was very nervous this morning . . . But this? I was…no. For goodness sake, Darren [Criss] has been doing this on Glee for ages, and I watched him, I love him. He’s fantastic and I was a little nervous. That’s all I can say.

How do you think Music Meister compares to other villains we’ve seen on the show?

See I don’t see myself as a villain. I see myself as a misunderstood hero. The Music Meister, and this is the same way I feel with Merlyn, he’s a bad guy, but he’s actually doing something to help somebody, so there is method to his madness. The characters, Supergirl and Flash, don’t have to understand why they’re doing it to begin with, nor does anybody else in the world that we’ve created, but as long as the audience at home gets it, that’s what makes a good villain. And I think Darren does a really great job of that because he’s a little sly, he’s a little sneaky, but he tells them exactly to follow the script. “Just follow the script and you’ll be fine because you’re here to learn something.”

Can't wait to be introduced to the sneaky Music Meister!   Looking forward to his musical number!  It's going to be fun watching Darren dance too.  I think the performance that he does with Carlos and Jeremy Jordan is a big number, with lots of dancing.  Looks very fun! 

If you haven't seen any videos of Grant singing in a more Broadway-style of performing, you should google his name and Youtube.  He sounds very different from the pop-style singing he did on Glee.   I already know that Jeremy Jordan is an astounding vocalist, and I love Melissa's voice as well.   I watched Youtube videos of Victor Garber, Jesse Martin, John Barrowman, and Carlos.  Very amazing talents.  I especially am blown away by John Barrowman.  Listen to him in this video:

This is going to be so fun!

83default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:12 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
@Poppy wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Darren's MM seems to be some comic vilain or some frenemy and I love that kind of character. Next year, we'll have a full season of him playing a pure vilain, anyway.

Yes, I think Darren described the MM as a trickster, so I'm imagining a rascally, mischievous villain.  If you are a Star Trek fan, maybe sort of in line with the character "Q," who was an all-powerful being that had a wicked sense of humor, but was dangerous as well.

And yes, we will see the scary, real-life villain in Versace:  American Crime Story, so I'm good with a fun villain in The Flash.

Spoiler:
I'm guessing the revelation at the end has to do with Barry and Iris's relationship, or Iris's future. 

I'm actually thinking about the space magician who appeared to Supergirl on Valentine's day.

Btw, when I was talking about the revelation, I was actually referring to the Melissa interview you have posted :

we don’t really know where he comes from or why he’s doing what he’s doing until the very end

So, it seems there is a revelation about MM at the end of the crossover. 

And Barrowman says MM want to "learn something" to Kara and Barry...

(Barrowman is indeed a good singer, btw)

84default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Jeremy wrote:I'm actually thinking about the space magician who appeared to Supergirl on Valentine's day.
Yes, I was thinking of him too, except he had a stalker-vibe which I disliked.  mad

Jeremy wrote:So, it seems there is a revelation about MM at the end of the crossover.

Should be interesting!  I wonder how they will explain where the MM came from.  I do think the MM's motivation for doing what he is doing relates to

Spoiler:
the MM teaching Barry something that has to do with Barry's relationship with Iris, and/or Iris's future. 

I wonder what the MM will help Kara understand?

Don't forget to record Supergirl tomorrow (Monday) and record The Flash on Tuesday on the CW (as well as record The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS on Tuesday)!  Can't wait!

From dailydarrennews:

Nice words from Grant about Darren.  Darren was so good at making the new cast members feel welcome on the Glee set.

TV Insider wrote:
PaleyFest 2017: 'Arrowverse' Cast and Producers Tease What's to Come

March 19, 2017

For stars Melissa Benoist (Kara/Supergirl), Grant Gustin (Barry/The Flash) and guest star Darren Criss (Music Meister) the occasion marked a mini-Glee reunion. "I think you're in for a romping, rousing good time," Benoist says. "I didn't realize how much I missed Glee. It was such a fun show to work on, and obviously part of the zeitgeist, but doing that again, with the people I did that with on the show, it made me really nostalgic. It felt good to get those dancing shoes back on."

The pressure of the episode could have been overwhelming, but the trio also had former Glee choreographer Zach Woodlee on-hand to guide them for the Flash hour. "I did my best to not think about it until we started, or I would have been really nervous," Gustin says. "It was fun. The crew had so much fun, which really carried me through it. I never got to do anything with Melissa on Glee, so it was cool to do a duet and a tap number [here].  I hadn't tapped in like a decade, which was amazing."

"And Darren was the first actor I ever worked with on-camera, ever," Gustin continues. "I have a picture of us together from my first day on Glee framed in my apartment. I returned a book to Darren that he gave to me my first day on Glee: 'Camera Acting  for Dummies,' which explained what everyone's job was on set. And I've had it for six years! So I gave it back to Darren."

haha!  I love the way this article starts.   And I love the way Carlos talks about Darren, about how hard Darren works, and what Darren brings to the character of the MM. 
EW.com wrote:
The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover: Carlos Valdes on the non-Glee reunion of it all

March 19, 2017

While the upcoming FlashSupergirl musical crossover features a big Glee reunion between Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, and Darren Criss, there are also other rich connections that run deep within this cast — and they oddly have to do with genitalia.

It turns out, Criss went to college with The Flash star Carlos Valdes, and even before this highly anticipated hour, the duo were already making music together, specifically for a show called Me and My Dick. The crossover, however, will be a little more PC as The Flash (Gustin) and Supergirl (Benoist) find themselves trapped in a movie musical by the Music Meister (Criss), and their only means of escape are to play through the script, complete with singing and dancing.

[. . . ]

What can you tease us of what’s really going on in the movie musical?

Darren Criss, whom I went to college with — so weird — he plays Music Meister, who’s essentially the baddie of the episode. He puts Barry and Kara into this shared dream, this sort of nightmare. He brings them into this illusory world where their objective is to literally figure out the plot of this traditional musical comedy. It’s very self-aware. It takes place in their own heads. We embedded into the script this idea that Barry and his mom used to bond over musicals, musicals always made things better. And so, this plot is based on that idea of musicals not just as a form of escapism, but also as a form of emotional catharsis.

[. . . ]

You went to college with Darren. What was it like reuniting with him in this capacity?

Dude, it’s been such a hoot and it’s been such a blast. It’s like old times. It’s weird because I’m seeing worlds mesh before my eyes, like, worlds that are very separate. There’s my Flash life, these people that I’ve been working with for the last two to three years, and then there’s Darren, whom I used to goof off with in college and write musicals about genitalia. [Laughs] That’s what we used to do. So, it’s very weird to have to experience that through a work setting, but dude it’s so much fun. Honestly, he works so hard — it’s been a really enriching experience and I’m learning a lot from it.

How is the Music Meister different from some of the villains we’ve seen on the show before?

Given the tone of the broadly colored musical, I think fans can expect Music Meister to be someone colored along those lines, basically. Definitely very different. I mean, it’s Darren. He’s such a goof and so he brings that vivaciousness to this character that I think distinguishes him from the usually dour metahumans that we have to face. So, it’s been really entertaining watching him play this, like, semi-narcissistic sadistic Music Meister.

It was fun to learn that Carlos has a degree in musical theater.

85default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
We get to meet the possibly sadistic mischievous Music Meister tonight on Supergirl on the CW!  Yea!!

From Darren Criss Army:

A new promo video of the Supergirl episode tonight:
ETonline wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Watch Darren Criss' Music Meister Pay 'Supergirl' a Vist ahead of 'The Flash' Musical Crossover!

March 20, 2017

Darren Criss is reuniting with former Glee co-stars Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist for some musical mischief on Tuesday’s The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover, but first, he’s gotta catch them!

In ET’s exclusive first look at the final moments of Monday’s Supergirl, fans get to see how Criss’ Music Meister bridges the gap between worlds to bring Barry Allen (Gustin) and Kara Zor-El (Benoist) back together.

Entertainment Tonight
March 20, 2017

This is going to be so fun!   Loved when Winn said:  "He looks fun."  haha!  "Toodles!" 

From dailydarrennews:

What a lovely, welcoming note from the costume folks.  Love the caligraphy-like writing too.  Very sweet!

darrencriss Eyyyyu whassamattayaface, it’s me, Music Meister! Me, day 1, at my fitting with the wonderful @cwtheflash & @supergirlcw fam. Check out my debut tonight on Supergirl !
via dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

86default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
A promo video of The Flash musical crossover, "Duet."  

Don't beat up Wally! 

From dailydarrennews:

The Flash 3x17 Sneak Peek #3 “Duet” (HD) Season 3 Episode 17

haha!  Cute! :happy face

@DarrenCriss  We came from different worlds. But we came to werk. it. out. Check us out on @TheCWSupergirl 2nite at 8 PT! @ChristophrWood @MelissaBenoist
dailydarrennews

From Darren Criss Army:

Nice promo pic.  Love the little glittery magic floating above his hand.  :happy face

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-photos/

DarrenCrissArmy

Very cute!

via Darren’s IG Stories, 3/20/17
www.instagram.com/darrencriss

via Darren Criss Army

Via Darren’s IG Story 3/20/17

Watched Supergirl tonight.  The MM had a short little bit, which was exactly the scene shown in the ET video (see above in the previous post).  I must say my first impression of the MM is that he is very polite.  :amused  He said "thank you!"  to Supergirl when he took the little device (I think Winn said it was created by Cisco?) that opened up the portal.   Of course, it was not very nice to put Supergirl into a magic-induced coma. mad   Definitely a fun, campy, flamboyant character.   Darren's eyes are so large, the special effects they did to the MM's eyes, to show the spell that he cast over Supergirl were a little spooky. 

Can't wait until tomorrow to see the musical crossover on The Flash!

87default The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:42 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Youtube version of the interview that Darren did with KTLA Morning News, courtesy of dailydarrennews:

Darren Criss on KTLA Morning News - March 17, 2017

88default Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
I always knew it was the eyes!

Fun little scene, it was worth it just for this gifset:

wouldyousingalong
Glee 02.16 // Supergirl 02.16

My mind was automatically completing the line already so I may have screamed a little when he actually said the second part, but I didn't realise it was both season 2, episode 16! excited I don't even think it was intentional, but it's messing with my head every time I see the gifs.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for posting that, Lin.  I would think that it has to be more than coincidence.  Maybe someone /some folks did this as a nod to Glee fans, especially since many of Darren's fans are Klaine fans (and Melissa and Grant have their Glee fans as well)?   I'm glad it made some fans happy.   :happy face

Today's the day, folks!  Don't forget to tune into The Flash on the CW tonight, to see Darren as the Music Meister!   Also tonight, Darren is on the The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.   So many goodies for Darren's fan! 

From Darren Criss Army:

Hope this works for international fans:  :fingers crossed

Flash Livestreams

grantgustinnews:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4
(Source: grantgustinnews, via grantgustinnews)
DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

The Flash | Darren Criss Interview | The CW

marysocontrary1:
  The Flash - Inside Duet

I love this graphic!

@DarrenCriss  So according to this sign on my trailer door, Music Meister is… Blaine with a cane? @CW_TheFlash

ha!  Cute. 

via Darren’s Instagram stories

@DarrenCriss  Awww guys shucks cut it out! #CowlKisses @CW_TheFlash

March 21 2017

I love this pic!  Very cool!

darrencriss ‪Tonight at 8pm PT, I’ll be live tweeting w/ the West Coast- 2nd night of the @cwtheflash / #supergirlcw crossover! Join me… or else!
dailydarrennews

From Darren Criss Army:

Twitter wars heating up between the Flash and Supergirl writers ahead of the musical crossover!

EW.com wrote:
The Flash-Supergirl boss unveils origins of musical crossover

March 21, 2017

Set up that world for the viewers.
Barry and Kara are both whammied by the Music Meister, played by Darren Criss, and they wake up trapped inside an alternate dimension, which is a movie musical come to life. So they’re caught up in the plot of this musical, which involves gangsters and gun malls and a West Side Story setup with rival gangs and their kids falling in love.

[. . . ]

How does the Music Meister compare to other villains we’ve seen on the show before?

He’s certainly in love with his own villainy a lot more than others. He’s got a zest for life. He comes in and just sweeps them all off their feet, and he’s a bit of a showman, so it’s a lot of fun. Darren so brings him to life. I’m not sure who we would have gotten to do it if Darren had said no, but it turned out to be one of those things where we wanted Darren, and Darren actually wanted the part. He’d heard about it. It was very kismet, and it’s so much fun to see them all reunited from Glee.

Darren mentioned the one thing he missed out on was getting to provide some songs.

I know. I know. By the time we closed him, we were already down the path. The songs had been recorded, but hopefully this one will be a big success, and he’ll come back, and then we can do another one.

Are you guys interested in doing another one?

If we survive this one and the fans like it, as always with any of these things, we gauge the fan reaction to it. If it turns out to be a, “Yeah, that was cute, but don’t ever do that again,” we won’t. But who knows? Every time we do one of these things, like go to Earth 2 or have a musical episode, some of that stuff we gauge by the fan reaction. Like King Shark, people were so excited about that one minute with him, we were like, “Well, we’ve got to bring him back now!” So we’ll see what people say.

[. . . ]

The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.

Yes, please, may we have the Music Meister on The Flash and Supergirl again?!!!  :love

How will they assess if this is something that fans liked?  By ratings?  By social media?  By reviews by critics? 

Ratings always go up for crossovers.  I hope there is a significant ratings increase for this crossover.  

Folks, if you are on social media, tweet up a storm about how much you liked Darren as the Music Meister and the musical episode!!

Tweet you want Darren to return as the Music Meister in another episode of The Flash!!

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
This gif is adorable.  Is that John Barrowman doubling over in laughter?

“It’s a Glee reunion.”
Source: 
chuckcriss.tumblr
via na-page

From dailydarrennews:

Cute video of Grant talking about Darren:

Access Hollywood wrote:
Grant Gustin on Reuniting With Flormer 'Glee' Co-Star Darren Criss on 'The Flash' Muscial Episode

Link:  http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/grant-gustin-on-reuniting-with-former-glee-co-star-darren-criss-on-the-flash-musical-episode/

Grant:  "Darren is just comfortable, confident Darren.  I think he did something really cool with the character." 

And a video of Candice talking about Darren and Glee fans.
Access Hollywood wrote:
Canduce Patton Talks 'The Flash' Musical Crossover Episode

Link:  http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/candice-patton-talks-the-flash-musical-crossover-episode/

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum