Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Thread to Talk About TV Shows

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:19 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about TV Shows in general.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" or use the "Quick Reply Box," and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Off-Topic,", please let me know.  General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Icon_smile

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think about watching this. Season 1 has started yesterday and there are only 8 episodes in that season. It's based on 13 books that already have been adapted in a movie. 

What do you think ?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I heard about the books and the movie.  Let me watch a couple of episodes to see if I connect with the show.  Thanks for the suggestion, Jeremy.  

Another show that a friend recommended is Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency that is co-produced by BBC America and Netflix.   The first season contained 8 episodes, and they were wild and crazy, in a fun way.   It stars Elijah Wood and Samuel Barnett.  

What is interesting is that after I started watching it, I realized that Max Landis wrote the show.  Max Landis had high praise for Darren after he saw him in the Hedwig tour on opening night at the Pantages Theatre (L.A.). 

Here is what Max tweeted:

He also said this:

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Darren Criss Brings 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch' to L.A. for Opening Night at Pantages Theatre

11/3/2016 
By Maureen Lee Lenker

Others reflected on what makes Criss such a unique talent and bright light of the stage. "Darren just has this incredible magnetism that I think stems from him being a very clever guy," said writer/producer Max Landis. "He has this je ne sais quoi, where he can pull funny and interesting out of a hat instantaneously ... and make lines said one hundred times by a hundred actors feel new and spontaneous."

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I have just watched the trailer of the TV show you mention and it seems to be something I could love but I'm not sure that I have the time to watch everything excited
Anyway, thank you for the suggestion :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

You're welcome.  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've watched the first episode of this new show. It's based on the Archie comics (I don't know what it is but it seems to be famous in the US) and it's a mystery teen series about a murder in a small town.

I wonder if someone here has watched it or plans to do so :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting the trailer.  I'm not sure yet if I'll be watching.    :talking   But maybe someone else here will watch?

8General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:13 am

I'm looking forward to the 100 starting again. It hasn't been given a UK start date yet, but I think it starts in the US next week.

Other than that I'm watching Taboo at the moment. A dark, goth, mystic political drama with tom hardy. It's brilliant!

9General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I remember that  both Lin and you are fans of The 100.   Can you tell us a little something about Taboo?  Maybe someone else may be interested after you describe it to us?   I'm glad you like that show so much, dusty!  :happy face

10General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:37 am

Taboo is a political drama set in the 18th century. Tom Hardy is an adventurer of questionable reputation who has spent a lot of time in Africa and he returns to London after his father dies. He has inherited a piece of land just outside of America and it is of strategic interest to both the Americans and the Brits who both try to get it of him with various methods including trying to kill him. There is political tension between the Brits and the Americans and war might break out at any point. Hardy's character's mother was native American and there are lots of mystical elements in it from both native American and African folklore. It's pretty dark and gritty. It's a slow burn, but intriguing, plus Hardy appears half naked in it a lot which is always a plus in my book! :laughing  Gosh, he's such a hot, broody menace! It's got some great actors in it, including some Game of Thrones actors like the superb Jonathan Pryce (the High Sparrow) and Oona Chaplin (Robb Stark's wife). Interesting fact, she's Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter!

11General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks so much for the very detailed description, dusty!  Well done!  thumbs up

12General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've watched the ten first episodes of Riverdale (I've posted the trailer above) and it's my favourite show of the moment. If someone doesn't know what to watch right now or this summer, I recommend you to give it a try (if you like small-town mystery murders, high school drama and onirism) :happy face

13General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the recommendation, Jeremy.  :happy face

14General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:27 am

Riverdale sounds good Jeremy. I'll have to see if it is on over here.

The 100 has started again in the UK. Really enjoying it. Anyone else watching it?

15General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin used to watch The 100.  Not sure if she still is.  :happy face

16General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I plan to watch the Eurovision tonight. I don't know if someone here plans to do the same...

17General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

That is a talent show or a singing contest show?

18General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sun May 14, 2017 1:40 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It's a singing contest show between 40 countries (generally, European countries). It is watched by more than 200 millions people in the world and it has been created in the 50's to promote peace in Europe. It often celebrates diversity (in the 90's, a transgender won the contest) and there are always a few weird performances (a few years ago, the winners were guys dressed as ugly monsters).

Some of my favourite performances :

19General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sun May 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds wonderful!  Thank you, Jeremy.  :happy face

20General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Empty Re: General Thread to Talk About TV Shows Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Does anyone watch Doctor Who? I haven't watched in a few years, but it's great to hear that the next Doctor is going to be a woman. I might be curious enough to start catching up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum