Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twin Peaks

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

412 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Good idea, Jeremy!  Thanks for the pic of Catherine.

422 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So I am half-way through "Rest in Pain," and I thought I would post my thoughts before I forget. 

So the dream of Agent Cooper is not like an acid trip after all.   His dream holds the clues that will solve the murder of Laura.   This really belongs in my post about the prior episode, but I'll post it here.

Things I can remember that were in the dream:

-Mike the one-armed man.
-His form of Mr. Hyde:  Bob the killer
-They/he lived above a store.
-The dwarf's cousin looks like Laura and is filled with secrets?  Or is Laura filled with secrets? 
-Something about Agent Cooper's gum.

I know I forgot most of the clues.  Jeremy, can you remember other clues? 

The forensics guy who Agent Cooper brought in was funny in this episode.  He was mean, but funny.  Jeremy, now I understand what you mean about Agent Cooper's kindness, how he intervened to make sure Laura's family would have Laura's body ready for the funeral.   He also defended the sheriff.  :happy face

I really dislike Bobby and Leo.   I think Lucy is hilarious.

432 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:30 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I finished this episode. 

The funeral was pretty dramatic.  I respect Bobby's honesty. 

Agent Cooper's kindness again appears when he takes Laura's dad home when he breaks down.

442 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:33 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Things I can remember that were in the dream:

-Mike the one-armed man.
-His form of Mr. Hyde:  Bob the killer
-They/he lived above a store.
-The dwarf's cousin looks like Laura and is filled with secrets?  Or is Laura filled with secrets?  
-Something about Agent Cooper's gum.

I know I forgot most of the clues.  Jeremy, can you remember other clues? 

There is another important thing in the dream : Laura says to Agent Cooper who killed her. 

The opening may be my favourite part of the episode. I love interactions between Agent Cooper and Audrey.

Bobby and Leo are awful, indeed. Nonetheless, in one of the next episodes, there is a beautiful scene involving Bobby and his father.

452 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:41 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:There is another important thing in the dream : Laura says to Agent Cooper who killed her.

Ah yes!  If only he remembered! 

I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember the opening of the episode.  What was it?   I'll have to go back and watch the beginning of that episode.

Leo is so scary.  I did like Bobby's honesty at the funeral.

462 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:54 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Agent Cooper has breakfast at the Great Northern Hotel. He is joined by Audrey (she tells him about the One-Eyed Jack) and, then, he meets the sheriff and Lucy (and they talk about the dream).

472 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:23 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Jeremy. 

Having guests over this week.  I probably won't have a chance to watch the next episode until Thursday or Friday.  Will try to post before Saturday.  Sorry about that.

482 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:24 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

No problem Wink

Lin, what about you ? Do you have watched the four first episodes (the pilot and the 3 next episodes) ? :amused

492 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'll talk to you soon.  :happy face

502 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm half-way through the episode.   They meet the one-armed man,  Mike.   Bob is a great veterinarian, and is Mike's best friend.   The tatoo on his arm said "Mom."  :big grin  Love the scene at the veterinarian's office with the llama staring down Agent Cooper, and also the subsequent scene where they ask Lucy to go through the files to find everyone who owns a bird.    Lucy is funny.  Haha!   The files are filed alphabetically by name of pet.  :happy face

I see Agent Cooper's kindness in more and more scenes, Jeremy.   He defended Sheriff Harry Truman, and was understanding when deputy Andy (?  not sure if that is his name) dropped his gun and almost shot Cooper.   Cooper is a great shot himself in terms of his shooting skills!  Made two eyes and two nostrils at target practice!  :amused

Bobby and Shelley hatch a plan against Leo.  HOpe it works!  Poor Norma.  Her husband didn't change and now he's coming home.  Jeremy, do you remember what her husband's name is?  Was it Hank?  Is Norma's affair with big Ed done?

The continuing saga of why Lucy is mad at Deputy Andy (?) continues . . . :amused   Hope they figure it out before Andy shoots someone because he's so stressed.

512 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:27 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So now we have Ben Horne involved with Leo.  Ben H. didn't seem to bat an eye when he saw the dead body of the brother of Jacques (forget his name, of the brother who died).   I don't remember why Leo was in prison, but now we know he is a cold-blooded killer. 

I'm a little confused about Bobby's reaction to Shelly showing him the bloody shirt of Leo.  I assume that Bobby thought the blood belonged to Laura?   If so, I would think that he would be more enraged upon seeing the shirt.  I guess I'm assuming he actually cared about Laura, but maybe he didn't. 

What is Hank's involvement with the owner of the mill (played by Joan Chen, I don't remember her character's name)?  She looked terrified.

522 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I like how this show has an element of the spiritual or the fantastical, like how Agent Cooper, Laura's mom, and Laura have visions.   Sorta reminds me of certain films from Asia.  The scene with Donna and james in the woods was sorta funny, because they were spooked by Laura and her mom's abilities.    And why do Donna and James have Laura's necklace (I'm assuming the other half of the heart)?    Jeremy, to be honest, I don't remember much of this show.  ha.  Shows how bad my memory is.

532 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:34 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy, you're the only person I know who writes reviews after watching the half of a episode :amused

I don't think you have a bad memory. We just have so much things to keep in mind...

The owner of a mill is Josie and I think Norma's husband is indeed Hank. I haven't rewatched the episode yet. I'm gonna do that next weekend and, then, I will comment the rest of your review :happy face

542 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy.
Jeremy wrote:Poppy, you're the only person I know who writes reviews after watching the half of a episode 2 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 3295213406

ha.  I know it's not ideal.  But this show has so many things going on and I also watch whenever I have time, which means that I may only have time to watch 1/2 of it at any given time.  I may not get to the last half of the show until a few days later, and I'm afraid I may forget all the different things that happened in the first part of the show by then.  :amused

Jeremy wrote:I don't think you have a bad memory. We just have so much things to keep in mind...
Aw, that's sweet of you.  I also realized that I saw this show when it first came out.    I think that was in the early 90s, so some time has passed.   Thanks for the names of Josie and Hank. 

Enjoy the episode!  :happy face

552 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I won't have the time to watch "The one-armed man" this weekend. I will do that next weekend and I will watch the next one ("Cooper's dreams") next weekend too. Sorry.

562 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:52 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds good.  Thanks for letting me know, Jeremy.  :happy face

572 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:44 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've rewatched the two episodes. In the first one, Lucy and the scenes related to the veterinarian were indeed funny. In the next one, my favourite part may be the storyline with the Icelanders (there is that Leland/Catherine scene I've told you about). 

Leo is involved in many dark stories... I guess Bobby assumes the blood belongs to a drug dealer or someone like that.

Laura and James was (kind of) a couple and, in one of the very first episodes, you see Laura giving the half of the necklace to James.

582 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy. 

I will watch the next episode this week and post by Sunday.  :happy face 

I do feel bad for Leland.  That scene where he broke down during the dancing was sad.   Makes sense about what you said about Bobby thinking the blood could have belonged to a drug dealer or someone else involved in shady dealings.    Thanks for the reminder about the necklace (why James has it). 

I forgot now which character said it (maybe it was Agent Cooper?) but a character reminded me of Sam in Glee, when that character was summarizing the facts by saying:  "FACT:  x.  FACT:  Y   FACT:  Z."  :happy face  It was in one of the earlier episodes.  Also, the Log Lady sorta reminds me of "Neckbrace Cheerio," and  the hair style of Agent Cooper (aka "Coop") reminds me of Blaine's hair/gelmet (and the name of "Coop"--aka  Agent Cooper-- reminds me of  Cooper Anderson's name).    For some reason, I'm thinking of Glee.  I wonder if Ryan Murphy was influenced by David Lynch's Twin Peaks?   Do you see any of David Lynch's influence in Ryan's other shows, such as Scream Queens or AHS (both of which I am too scared to watch  scared ), Jeremy?

592 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:29 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I forgot now which character said it (maybe it was Agent Cooper?) but a character reminded me of Sam in Glee, when that character was summarizing the facts by saying:  "FACT:  x.  FACT:  Y   FACT:  Z."

I don't remember that scratch

Also, the Log Lady sorta reminds me of "Neckbrace Cheerio,"

Because they both have a object they always wear ? 

For some reason, I'm thinking of Glee.  I wonder if Ryan Murphy was influenced by David Lynch's Twin Peaks?   Do you see any of David Lynch's influence in Ryan's other shows, such as Scream Queens or AHS (both of which I am too scared to watch  2 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 415352165 ), Jeremy?

At first sight, I don't see Lynch's influence on Ryan Murphy (but I must say I'm not a regular viewer of AHS).

I do see a link between Twin Peaks and Pretty Little Liars. And I'm not the only one : if I have a good memory, I got interested in PLL because someone wrote that it was a bit inspired by TP.

602 - Twin Peaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twin Peaks Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:
Also, the Log Lady sorta reminds me of "Neckbrace Cheerio,"

Because they both have a object they always wear ?

Yes?   They both are characters dropped into scenes with curious items, that seems arbitrary and results in interest and questions in the minds of viewers.   No explanation was given about why both characters have these items, although the Log Lady at some point has dialogue about the log that fits with other elements of the fantastical in Twin Peaks.   

Jeremy wrote:At first sight, I don't see Lynch's influence on Ryan Murphy (but I must say I'm not a regular viewer of AHS).

I do see a link between Twin Peaks and Pretty Little Liars. And I'm not the only one : if I have a good memory, I got interested in PLL because someone wrote that it was a bit inspired by TP.

How interesting about PLL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum