Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 35]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I actually meant TV/movie role. It's sure that Hedwig wasn't an easy role!

But I'm confident about Darren and Versace. Actually, I kind of worry about myself. Very dark stories based on real facts are not my cup of tea right now :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh ok.  Yes, I think this will be the most challenging TV/film role (assuming Smitten! is not going to require the same type of challenges as Versace:  American Crime Story, which I think is safe to assume).

I also have confidence in Darren's acting talent.  I have confidence in Ryan Murphy's directing talent as well, of course, although I do not know how many of the episodes will be directed by Ryan (especially since there is overlap in the filming for the Katrina: American Crime Story, Season 2).   I hope Ryan directs many of the Versace episodes, but even if he does not, I'm sure Ryan has faith in the other directors.

Jeremy wrote:Very dark stories based on real facts are not my cup of tea right now The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 1021284439

I get that, Jeremy (because very dark stories based on real people has not been my cup of tea for a very long time.  I finally saw the film Lion, and parts of the film had me crying a bucket of tears).  :cry

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ooptexbi6F1uetdyxo1_500
dailydarrennews:

Darrencriss: It begins.

lenarockerhall: Wifey I’m so excited for you!!!

April 20 2017   (Source)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Does anyone mind if I do not put pics of Darren in costume in spoiler boxes?  Just let me know if you rather them be in the spoiler boxes.  I'll put them in a spoiler box for now, but unless I hear from anyone who prefers the use of spoiler boxes, pics of Darren in costume will not be put in spoiler boxes in the future.  Just let me know.  :happy face

Spoiler:

It looks like they trimmed Darren's eyebrows.  Did they put make up on his eyes?

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Personally, it's okay if you don't use the spoiler tag.

I don't think we have used it for the Music Meister role.  And, this time, we already know what will happen and how it will end !

I don't need spoiler tags either, I know I'd look at everything anyway. :happy face

Maybe just to give each other a little warning if it's any sort of gruesome scene, like these pictures of Edgar Ramirez as Versace after he's been shot:
Spoiler:

Poppy wrote:It looks like they trimmed Darren's eyebrows.  Did they put make up on his eyes?
I've been wondering that too and not totally sure. Also whether or not he's wearing dark contact lenses. scratch

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your input, guys.  :happy face    Lin, I agree about using spoiler tags for graphic pics of the actors who play the victims of Cunanan. 

I'm not sure about dark contact lenses.  I would need to see more close-up pics.   But the shape of his eyes do look very different.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

An article about Gianni Versace's home.  I felt sad looking at the interesting rooms, thinking about how much time and care he put into decorating his home.

From Darren Criss Army:

Architectural Digest wrote:

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 VersaceMansionExteriorFront
The current exterior of Casa Casuarina, which was two properties purchased by the late fashion designer and merged into one.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Villa%2520-Million%2520Mosaic%2520Pool

April 18, 2017

Details about Ryan Murphy’s third installment of American Crime Story have been slowly trickling out for weeks: The latest season will explore the 1997 murder of fashion designer Gianni Versace, who will be played by Edgar Ramirez; Versace's killer will be played by Murphy regular Darren Criss; the designer's sister, Donatella, will be played by Penélope Cruz; and on April 7, it was announced that Ricky Martin will take on the role of Antonio D'Amico, Versace's longtime partner.

Other particulars, though, have been vague. Filming of the ten-episode season is set to start later this month in Los Angeles and Miami, where Versace was shot on the steps of his Miami mansion, a home he purchased in 1992 and resided in until his death. Known as the former Versace Mansion, it is currently a boutique hotel, The Villa Casa Casuarina—and will more than likely be one of the filming locations for Versace: American Crime Story.

"At this time, we are not allowed to discuss this question [regarding filming American Crime Story] due to negotiations taking place," a representative for The Villa Casa Casuarina told AD.

-Architectural Digest

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

His house looks nice to me.

Penelope Cruz and Ricky Martin are two big names (and also stars from the nineties, I don't know if it's intentional).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Penelope Cruz and Ricky Martin are two big names (and also stars from the nineties, I don't know if it's intentional).

I know that Ryan Murphy looks at small details, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional that Penelope and Ricky are picked because they were stars from the nineties.

FYI for anyone interested, the TV show, Dateline, is reporting on Versace's murder on Friday, April 28 on NBC.  (via gleekto)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Looks lik Edgar Ramirez and Darren are getting along.  :happy face

Darren and Edgar Ramirez via Edgar’s Instagram Story (Instagram.com/edgarramirez25) 4/28/17

via Darren Criss Army

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think Darren already made a reference to this song in an interview.

Btw, it's a song from 1997, the year of Versace's death!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I think Darren already made a reference to this song in an interview.

Btw, it's a song from 1997, the year of Versace's death!

Oh wow.  Hmmm.   Coincidence?    What song is it, Jeremy?  And you have a great memory (which I've commented about before)!

Some pics of Darren on the Versace set.   I'll post a few.  To see more pics, go to:  darrenkey (thank you, Alex!).

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cuysX9S1u4l72go5_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cuysX9S1u4l72go2_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cuysX9S1u4l72go1_1280
darrenkey:
  [UHQ] Darren Criss with Nico Evers-Swindell and Annaleigh Ashford on the set of American Crime Story. April 28th, 2017.

via dailydarrennews

And a few more.  To see more pics, again, go to Alex's blog:  darrenkey.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cqhYzPE1u4l72go4_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cqhYzPE1u4l72go5_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cqhYzPE1u4l72go6_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_op7cqhYzPE1u4l72go10_1280
darrenkey:
   [UHQ] Darren Criss with Nico Evers-Swindell and Annaleigh Ashford on the set of American Crime Story. April 28th, 2017.

via darrencrissisawesome

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 0606miami

Maybe they sang that because the song will be used for some scene :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:
Maybe they sang that because the song will be used for some scene The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 3308115737

Maybe you're right!  I was wondering that too.  Thanks for the answer about the name of the song, Jeremy.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Press coverage with pics from Just Jared about Darren filming Versace.

Just Jared wrote:
Darren Criss Gets into Character Filming 'Versace' iin Miami

May 2, 2017

Darren Criss as he films a scene for the upcoming season of Versace: American Crime Story on Tuesday (May 2) in Miami, Florida.

The 30-year-old former Glee star is playing the role of Andrew Cunanan, the serial murderer killed fashion designer Gianni Versace on the steps of his Miami Beach home back in 1997.

Late last month, Edgar Ramirez – who plays Versace – was spotted bloodied and beaten as he filmed in Los Angeles.
Penelope Cruz is set to play Gianni’s sister Donatella Versace in the upcoming season.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opcypirKwN1ubd9qxo1_540

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opcypirKwN1ubd9qxo2_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opcypirKwN1ubd9qxo3_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Darren-criss-gets-into-character-filming-versace01

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Darren-criss-gets-into-character-filming-versace05
Darren Criss Gets Into Character Filming ‘Versace’ in Miami

via Darren Criss Army

And a few more pics:

From dailydarrennews:

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opd412GEwh1uetdyxo2_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opd412GEwh1uetdyxo7_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opd412GEwh1uetdyxo5_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opd412GEwh1uetdyxo6_400
More pics of Darren on the set of American Crime Story: Versace - May 2, 2017 | Source

May 03 2017

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opcn5nqgU01uetdyxo1_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opcn5nqgU01uetdyxo3_500
@fyeahahs Darren Criss seen as Andrew Cunanan on the Miami set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’. (May 2, 2017)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More pics on the Versace set.  Lol at the pic of him wearing the red cap while looking directly at the photographer.   Razz

I actually feel bad for him.  These photographers/paparazzi(?) must be distracting.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo1_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo2_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo3_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo4_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo5_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo6_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo7_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo8_500

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo9_1280

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_ope9qoOKO21uetdyxo10_1280
[HQ] Darren as Andrew Cunanan on the set of American Crime Story: Versace - May 2, 2017 | 53 more HQ over at Darren-Criss.fr

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More pics came out today.  Again, I have mixed feelings about posting these. I can imagine how not only distracting it is to have these photographers taking pics of Darren's every move while he is trying to focus, but also I wonder if he feels exposed too, especially since the photographers do not have the proper plot context for these pics.

I'll post one.  Have to think about the rest.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 Tumblr_opg3yl7ttg1uetdyxo1_500
Darren on the set of American Crime Story: Versace - May 4, 2017 | Source

May 04 2017

Signing off because I'm tired and it's late.  It's been a long day.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It also happened during the shooting of Glee and he has done an amazing job though. Besides, it doesn't seem to me that ACS Versace will be a show with a lot of scenes in public spaces.

I remember during a Glee scene he asked fans to move from his field of vision because it feels like someone reading over your shoulder when you're trying to write an essay. So I hope the paps at least aren't too much of a visual distraction/annoyance.
I'm selfishly glad we're getting some BTS glimpses so we're not totally in the dark until whenever the show airs next year. But I understand your hesitance about the other pics from yesterday, Poppy, those were a bit much.

Ryan Murphy to the rescue with an alternative source of BTS pics.  :happy face  He just started an Instagram account and this was his first post. I hope he likes his shiny new toy and keeps posting stuff. His Twitter was so amazing/awful/hilarious/insane when he started using it in S4 of Glee.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story - Page 3 18162089_493419784346306_1784305555662176256_n
mrrpmurphy: Do The Hustle. @darrencriss and @maxgreenfield on the set of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

halls.simon This is beyond amazing
dominicmbarnes Looks awesome Ryan ❤️

(Simon Halls is Matt Bomer's husband and iirc Ryan's publicist, Dominic Barnes played Warbler Trent)

Last edited by Lin on Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum