Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren posted some amusing tweets today. 

This one certainly set off a chain reaction.   Just had to laugh.  :big grin 

But wait, there's more . . .

Darren is such a good sport.  He really is pretty sweet to others.

dailydarrennews:
photo source

As I said, he's really very sweet and accommodating to others.  Most people/celebrities would not consistently be so kind.

“The only thing cooler than getting to watch the new Ghostbusters movie at an early screening at work was watching it with Darren Criss sitting in front of me! The movie was hilarious, Darren was super nice. ‪#‎whoyougonnacall‬ ” | source

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
:laughing  :laughing
Doesn't answer his friends' texts, but replies to some random guy who took a picture of him in the subway... tsssk, Darren! But I always love when he (very nicely) calls out people who think they were being sneaky.

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
That whole twitter exchange is hilarious! Darren's message with his lack of communicating and Jenna's responding DARREN!!! :laughing  Can't stop laughing! "Pretty sure I have an unanswered text in there somewhere" lol!  He is so busted! Good for us though that he is so busy he doesn't have the time to respond. :big grin   

I'm a big Blina fan and have a huge soft spot for Jenna so seeing her and  DC  interact is very nice. I remember someone took a pic of them on the tube last year? And they were on their way to see a show together. Very cute. He seems to be hanging out with Kevin a lot too. It's just cool to see the Gleeks hang out.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Lin.  Hope you did well on your exams! 

Lin wrote:Doesn't answer his friends' texts, but replies to some random guy who took a picture of him in the subway... tsssk, Darren!

dusty wrote:That whole twitter exchange is hilarious! Darren's message with his lack of communicating and Jenna's responding DARREN!!!   Can't stop laughing! "Pretty sure I have an unanswered text in there somewhere" lol!  He is so busted!

haha!  laugh until you cry 

I admit that I browsed some of the fans' responses to Darren's tweet.    Some were horrified.  Some of the fans were very (sweetly) concerned for Darren.  One fan even helpfully suggested Darren look in those unanswered calls/emails to see if he received any news of Link Larkin (Hairspray Live).

Do you guys have the impression that Darren purposely likes to amuse his friends with self-deprecating humor?    I have a feeling there is a reason why we see pics of Darren as a clown, because he may have been a class clown when younger and still enjoys making people laugh.

Lin wrote:But I always love when he (very nicely) calls out people who think they were being sneaky.

Yes, I agree with this.  I admire his tactfulness, when he calls people out for trying to sneak in a pic of him in public.  If you want a pic, just ask.  Knowing Darren, he almost always says yes (and when he says "no," it's for a good reason). 

dusty wrote:Good for us though that he is so busy he doesn't have the time to respond.    

I hope that he's busy working on fun stuff (for us to enjoy later), as well as having fun!   I have to say, I noticed the bags under his eyes in these two pics.  He especially looks tired in the second pic.

Enlarge this image

“The only thing cooler than getting to watch the new Ghostbusters movie at an early screening at work was watching it with Darren Criss sitting in front of me! The movie was hilarious, Darren was super nice. ‪#‎whoyougonnacall‬ ” |

source

From dailydarrennews:

kristendallo: Intern Challenge = calling @DarrenCriss to be ur date to the EW GhostBusters screening so u can win   Wink   #timeincinterns

And Darren continues to try to make us laugh and smile.  :amused  ha! "ChapSnat"

Also from dailydarrennews:

darrencriss: Now that it’s back in the theater, I would like to officially endorse my love for @singstreetmovie. Was obsessed with this film at Sundance. Can’t understand how it didn’t make a bigger splash. To me, it’s up there with all the classic band movie greats. Can’t wait for people to hear the original songs at the Oscars- all tunes I so desperately wish I wrote. Never seen a movie that has better portrayed that journey of musical adolescence- of what it’s like to search for and find your voice through music. This one’s especially for all band-obsessed siblings, growing up listening to records in their basement @CharlesCriss. Go see it now and buy the soundtrack and dance around your room like I am right now. Drive It Like You Stole It!

I love how much he shows his support for art that touches him.   I remember seeing a preview for this film, and thinking it looks fun and that I'll like to see it.   It sounds like the film really connected with Darren on a personal level, in terms of his experience of "that journey of musical adolescence--of what it's like to search for and find your voice through music," as well as the connection that he and Chuck shared over their love of music and the nostalgic memory of both Criss brothers listening to music in their basement (which is also where Darren spoke about surreptitiously watching Hedwig and the Angry Inch). 

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
dusty wrote:I'm a big Blina fan and have a huge soft spot for Jenna so seeing her and  DC  interact is very nice. I remember someone took a pic of them on the tube last year? And they were on their way to see a show together. Very cute. He seems to be hanging out with Kevin a lot too. It's just cool to see the Gleeks hang out.

Me too, dusty!    Both Darren and Jenna are so sweet and kind, along with Harry.   I love it when I see pics of Harry and Jenna together with Darren.  I also love Jane Lynch and Darren's friendship. 

Enjoy! 

Darren and Jennna seeing “Chicago: The Musical” on Broadway | October 31, 2015
DCN

October 31, 2015
DCN

DCN
[UHQ] Darren Criss and Jenna Ushkowitz (costars on the TV show ‘GLEE’) pose backstage at the hit musical 'Hedwig and The Angry Inch’ on Broadway at The Belasco Theater on June 10, 2015 in New York City.

DCN
Jenna Ushkowitz and Darren Criss at the DGF’s Lucky Stars Gala October 26, 2015

DCN
[UHQ] Darren Criss and Jenna Ushkowitz attend DGF’s Gala: Great Writers Thank Their Lucky Stars at Gotham Hall on October 26, 2015 in New York City.

Even before Glee was over, Jenna and Darren saw shows together.  :happy face

DCN
jushkowitznews December 29th, 2014:
amanda.monty Remember that time when I went to see Side Show and met Darren Criss and Jenna Ushkowitz?

P.S.   Would love for Darren to invite the Season 5 New Directions seniors to Elsie Fest 2016!   Let's have a mini-reunion of Jenna, Chord and Kevin!

DCN
sickofmyownvoice:
30 Mins! The graduate. @jennaushkowitz @chordover @darrencriss. Loved tonight’s version of “Loser Like Me” we got to do.

Cute gifs:

DCN

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrrennews:

Darren was in Ft. Greene Park in Brooklyn, performing and doing some introductions of other entertainers for "Broadway in the Boros," featuring music from "Beautiful," the Broadway musical about Carole King.

He stated in an interview that he will be making announcements about Elsie Fest in a week or two.  :happy face  Go here for more discussion:  Elsie Fest 2016

So glad that we will be getting announcements about Elsie Fest 2016 very soon!  applause

A couple of videos of him performing "One Fine Day." 

abrokman1 @darrencriss gives an amazing FREE performance for @madein_ny #bwayintheboros

Darren Criss performing at Broadway in the Boros on July 15th, 2016 | source

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren Criss at Broadway in the Boros on July 15th, 2016 (x)

I'm glad to say, that he is looking more rested.  :happy face

steph browne‏ Thanks @DarrenCriss for joining us at #BwayintheBoros this afternoon and sharing the @Carole_King love!

With other performers:

Douglas Lyons‏ @DarrenCriss and The Drifters of @BeautifulOnBway! Great performance in Fort Greene Park today.

With Some fans:

misohungrrry Ran into @darrencriss @fortgreenepark and he wanted to help me make an special announcement #bunintheoven

@PumpkinPie522 @DarrenCriss thank you so much for being sweet as usual. Sad I missed the performance but always a pleasure

abrokman1 Hanging w/ @darrencrissbackstage of #bwayintheboros in Fort Greene Park!

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
More pics from dailydarrennews:

dailydarrennews
LQ | NEW YORK, NY - JULY 15: Darren Criss performs at ‘Broadway In The Boros’ in Fort Greene Park Brooklyn on July 15, 2016 in New York City.

LQ | NEW YORK, NY - JULY 15: Darren Criss attends ‘Broadway In The Boros’ in Fort Greene Park Brooklyn on July 15, 2016 in New York City.
HQ on stage | HQ 106.7 Lite FM
-

dailydarrennews
HQ | NEW YORK, NY - JULY 15: Darren Criss performs during Broadway In The Boros’ at Fort Greene Park Brooklyn on July 15, 2016 in New York City.

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:12 am; edited 4 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews

So frightening.   

Shifting gears.
This was a nice thing for him to say about Darren.  Kevin Duda also has a beautiful voice.    Look him up on Youtube.

Actor in the original Broadway production of “Beautiful”

Aw, this is cool.  I hope Leslie does Elsie Fest again.

Darren Criss and Leslie Odom Jr after the performance of The Human on Broadway on July 15th, 2016 | source

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Continuing on Darren's night out in NYC:

With Alexander Sharp

alexanderiansharp1 New York New York @darrencriss @jamessoldan22

gabbygdbMe: and my baby my baby and me

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

Just look how joyous Darren looks.  Great edit, great pic.  :happy face

xkurtcoblaine:
Darren Criss attends Broadway in the Boros at Fort Greene Park, Brooklyn on July 15, 2016 NYC
via darrenishedwig

-

From dailydarrennews:

chadt_nyc: That time I ran into @darrencriss at The Public. What a sweet guy and a babe! #darrencriss #celebrity #selfie #stalker

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews

Broadway in the Boros With Cast of BEAUTIFUL and Surprise Guest Darren Criss | Broadway.com

The cast of BEAUTIFUL - The Carole King Musical wowed the crowd as they showcased hit songs “On Broadway,” “Will You Still Love MeTomorrow,” “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” and “Natural Woman.” Daren Criss, star singer and actor, surprised the crowd with a special guest appearance performing Carole King’s “One Fine Day”!

- Broadway in the Boros With Cast of BEAUTIFUL and Surprise Guest Darren Criss

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

A longer video of Darren at Broadway in the Boros. 

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

More pics from Broadway in the Boros.

This one made me laugh. 

Broadway in the Boros - July 15, 2016

@tlos_loveJP: I met @DarrenCriss ⭐️ He spoke Japanese  :big grin 「arigatogozaimasu ! genkidesuka, ….」 heart July 15, 2016 #DarrenCrisy

Aw, I love it when Darren tries to communicate in his fans' language.  :happy face

Tweets from friends.

Video

Erich Bergen was in the film "Jersey Boys."   Here is more info about the BroadwayForOrlando singing challenge.  BroadwayWorld

Nick was talking about the harassment on twitter, some of which was racist, of actor Leslie Jones.   Here is an article about what happened: nytimes  I absolutely hate seeing such vile and disgusting behavior and being able to do it online is so common because of no consequences.

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Some nice edits of pics of Darren at Broadway in the Boros.

na-page:
Darren Criss attends Broadway In The Boros’ at Fort Greene Park Brooklyn on July 15, 2016 in New York City.
via yanks02

I like to watch people with expressive faces.  :happy face

crissliciouss
Video
via yanks02

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren and some of the Transformers Robots in Disguise cast are at the San Diego Comic-Con.   Based on CESD Talent's tweet, Transformers Robots in Disguise have a panel tomorrow.  :happy face

Anyone in the vicinity of San Diego tomorrow? 

@CESDTalent: 1Day til @Comic_Con & #CESDTalent @willfriedle & @DarrenCriss R at #Transformers Panel Thu at 2pm Room 5AB #CNatSDCC

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I

Why does he stare at that guy ? :laughing

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Jeremy,

Ha!   That guy looks like Michael Samonte, Darren's publicist.   :happy face  He's probably telling Darren to clean out his text messages, voice mails and emails, and that's Darren's response.   :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren at San Diego Comic-Con:

That room is gonna be crowded!

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren Criss at Transformers panel at SDCC 2016 |source

@daggyvamp I’ve just realises Darren Criss from Glee was in the middle of that Transformers panel. #sdcc

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

I posted an update about the bidding of Darren's carwash at "From Broadway with Love" Orlando benefit concert at this thread:   Darren's Charitable Work for 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren appears to be still at Comic-Con.  I wonder what panels he's been visiting. 

haha.  It seems he went to the Scream Queens signing.  :amused 

@dedicatedtolea also @DarrenCriss broke into the @ScreamQueens signing and it was awesome #SDCC2016

Darren Criss and Lea Michele taking a selfie at SDCC 2016 | source

More pics with fans.

@Itsalrightnjh I’m so dead @DarrenCriss

@alexahong thanks for being the nicest at comic con today @DarrenCriss

hannah.votel met Darren Criss. no biggie. (jk I started crying)

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I guess he went to the Fox Fanfare Comic-con party.   :amused   Well, he's family, right?  I wonder if Joaquin was there too?

yahootv: @johnstamos, @emmaroberts And @darrencriss dancing at the #Fox Fanfare @comic_con party! #sdcc2016 #sdcc

Nice words from Lea:
Lea Michele wrote:

Well, Jenna Ushkowitz and I have been friends for so many years and obviously Becca Tobin is my best friend, and Darren Criss who I love, who was here [at Comic-Con] today and he just showed up at my panel which was absolutely hilarious and I can’t wait to hang out with him, and Chord, I really love everyone, and Matt Morrison…we became such a family.

- Lea Michele on who she still keeps in touch with from Glee
(via leamichele-news)

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I

@dedicatedtolea also @DarrenCriss broke into the @ScreamQueens signing and it was awesome #SDCC2016

Now, he must break into the TV show itself :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
We can only hope, Jeremy.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews

Darren at the Scream Queens cast's signing at San Diego Comic-Con 2016.

endlesslyklaine:
[UHQ] I spy Darren Criss… at the Scream Queens autograph signing at the San Diego Comic Con, on July 22.

At the Fox Party during Comic-Con.

LQ | John Stamos and Darren Criss attend the ComicCon International 2016 20th Century Fox Party at Andaz Hotel on July 22 2016 in San Diego California

LQ | John Stamos, Darren Criss and Mia Swier attend the ComicCon International 2016 20th Century Fox Party at Andaz Hotel on July 22 2016 in San Diego California

endlesslyklaine:
[UHQ] Darren Criss attends the 20th Century Fox Party during Comic-Con International 2016 at Andaz Hotel on July 22, 2016 in San Diego, California.

With fans:

At Comic-Con.   Aw, how nice that he made sure to take the photo over again until it wasn't fuzzy.

x
@DarrenCriss thank you for the photo today and retaking it when it was blurry! Hope you had a great con  :big grin x

x
Still processing the fact that I MET DARREN CRISS. He was so lovely!!

At the Fox party, with fans

fallenjunkie:
jmastrilli: This night started out amazing, and then ended in the absolute best way possible. Oh, and #DarrenCriss is only the first epic thing…#sdcc #comiccon #fx #party #starkidfanforlife #harryfrickenpotter

ScottP3232: Looking forward to getting @DarrenCriss back at @TheMintLa soon. No idea why I look like Digital Underground…

Darren and friends having fun.

fallenjunkie:
Darren Criss and friends at The Great Room Escape in San Diego (July 22, 2016) | Source

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Aw, so cute.  Darren collecting Disney memorabilia.   Looks like he grabbed The Little Mermaid one, for what ever reason. :amused

dailydarrennews
DisneyMusicEmporium Look who added to his vinyl collection from our @Comic_Con booth! Thanks for stopping @DarrenCriss! #SDCC

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
We can only hope, Jeremy.  

Season 2 is about a hospital and I've read Colton Haynes will appear as a patient in one episode. Maybe it will be a show like House with a lot of one-episode patient characters and Darren could be one of them. After all, it's the second year he shows up at a SQ event. For the writers, it's hard not to think about the idea.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Jeremy wrote:
Season 2 is about a hospital and I've read Colton Haynes will appear as a patient in one episode. Maybe it will be a show like House with a lot of one-episode patient characters and Darren could be one of them. After all, it's the second year he shows up at a SQ event. For the writers, it's hard not to think about the idea.

I like the way you think, Jeremy.   thumbs up   Here's hoping you are right!   :fingers crossed

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

This was cute. 

The Turtles find themselves on an amazing adventure through time and space in this San Diego Comic Con exclusive animated short by TMNT Executive Producer & head writer, Brandon Auman.

Darren provided the voice for Rafael in this exclusive short.

kjburlington Darren and the jedis! Theater geeks always know other theater geeks. Thank you for the compliments @darrencriss

Awww

lexistary Darren Criss is a great hugger.

This is cute.  He looks so young in the left pic.  And he's looking just a tad tired in the right pic.

elhy_fernanda: when you get an updated version of your selfie 2014 - 2016 @darrencriss

Nice of Darren to stop to take a selfie.  :happy face

edisoncreates: We ran into @darrencriss who was cool enough to take a selfie on the run #comiccon #sdcc2016

Nice pic

caitlintdavis got to talk to darren the other day

Aw, this person met Darren at the 2010 Comic-con with Darren on the Harry Potter panel.

chellyjeanine: In honor of #sdcc2016 here is a flash back to Comic Con in 2010 when I got to hang out with @darrencriss after the #HarryPotter panel. Since I can’t go this year come visit me 2 blocks away at cafe 222! #comiccon #sdcc #flashback #6yearsago #darrencriss #iwantogoback

LQ | Actor Darren Criss attends the IMDb Yacht at San Diego ComicCon 2016 on July 23 2016 in San Diego California

Ok, talking about yachts at Comic-con, do you all remember the 2011 Comic-Con where Darren was hanging from a boat?  Harry to the rescue!

anothercrissaffair
via adorkabledarrencriss

(via castiean)
adorkabledarrencriss

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Wow, what a honor, that Darren will among the Broadway stars who will be performing at the Democratic National Convention tonight.

From dailydarrennews:

Playbill wrote:

Exclusive: Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss and More Performing at DNC Tonight | Playbill 

A host of Broadway stars will perform the hit Broadway for Orlando single “What the World Needs Now” July 27 at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Tony Award winners Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Alice Ripley, Ben Vereen, Tyne Daly, and Emmy winner Debra Messing are among the Broadway stars who will perform “What the World Needs Now” July 27 at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, PA. History was made July 26 when Hillary Clinton was named the first woman to be nominated as a major party candidate for the President of the United States.

They are among nearly two-dozen stars who will unite for the performance that will take place between 8 PM and 9 PM EST.

Also slated to appear and perform are Kristin Bell, Darren Criss, Stephanie J. Block, Adrienne Warren, Len Cariou, Richard Kind, Tom Wopat, Wilson Cruz, Michael Longoria, Lena Hall, Rosie Perez, Ann Hampton Callaway, Liz Callaway, Nicholas Callaway Foster, Olga Merediz, Michelle Collins, Jon Viktor Corpuz, Sharon Gless, Roz Ryan, Mary Ann Hu, Anika Larsen, Margaret Stallings, Eve Plumb, Montego Glover, Michael Urie, Carmen Cusak, Darius de Haas, Melissa Errico, Janet Metz, as well as Broadway for Orlando creators Van Dean of Broadway Records, Seth Rudetsky, James Wesley, and their daughter, Juli Wesley.

-Playbill

Facebook: Millennials for Hillary San Francisco Bay Area wrote:

Millennials for Hillary San Francisco Area

GUYS! Darren Criss…YES, Blaine from GLEE! will be joining John Podesta at the San Francisco for45 Reception. Tix start at $45.

August 5th.
6:00-8:00pm.
Be there.

#‎HILLsquad‬ ‪#‎bringyourfriends‬ ‪#‎HERstory‬ ‪#‎imwithher‬

-Millennials for Hilary San Francisco Bay Area

Judy Kurtz Darren Criss and Richard Kind belting out “What the World Needs Now” at #DemsInPhilly rehearsal…

via Elsie Fest’s Snapchat

@JustTeege Woah - @DarrenCriss is at #DemsInPhilly.

christinepedi That cuddly @DarrenCriss. I could hug him 4ever… Like a mother hugs son of course.(ima go make him a PBJ) #broadwayfororlando

Darren is now using Snapchat.  thumbs up

fallenjunkie:

Video via Darren’s snapchat (darrencriss)

haha! :big grin

Welcome Darren on Snapchat! Username: darrencriss

@ShanshanW26 Can’t believe I just saw @DarrenCriss on the floor. And he said “thank you” in Chinese! #DNCinPHL

iradelic:
Eat your heart out.

@troi_PR Just saw @DarrenCriss at the #DNCinPHL and he called me CUTE!!

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum