Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2018.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Music and Musical Performances"), please let me know.  Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 3308115737

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival (January 22, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss performing at the 2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Café 1/22/18

(Source: youtube.com)

Darren Criss sings “The Day That The Dance Is Over” at ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival.

Via rockerrick (Ricky Rollins) IG story, Jan 22 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss sings I Don’t Mind at ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance.

Via ascap IG story, Jan 22 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss sings “Not Alone” at ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance.

Via grahamshine IG, Jan 22 2018

via Darren Criss Army

This is so great.  :happy face
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2zns5niiZ1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss Army’s founder Julia got to see Darren today and hear part of his show at the ASCAP Music Cafe from outside with some other fans!

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2zbvsZLtX1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss on stage at the ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival. 

Via rockerrick IG story, Jan 22 2018

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2zbcbg9Ce1ubd9qxo1_1280
The coverage of amazing talent continues today at the ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival with Darren Criss…who says he “became an actor to fund his musical career.”

Via The Daily Buzz, Jan 22 2018

From dcriss-archive:

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2znx2JpuI1wpi2k2o1_400
Darren Criss at IndieWire Studio presented by Day 3, Sundance Film Festival, Park City, USA - 22 Jan 2018

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2zc3jAP291wpi2k2o1_1280
ascap: @darrencriss shares songs from his new EP Homework and the story of his songwriting career #sundance #ascapmusiccafe #glee

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p2zidjHOVe1wpi2k2o1_1280
juliaannehiggs: had to sit outside with our ears pressed against the door in below freezing weather to hear him perform but it was worth it! such a gem & so talented. thanks for coming out to see us @darrencriss!

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival (January 23, 2018)

Darren's 2nd day at the ASCAP Music Cafe.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

haha.  That's a good choice, Darren.  :amused
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p30yrkKNRN1ubd9qxo1_1280
“All-around artist Darren Criss shows us his whimsical side at the @IndieWire Studio, presented by Dropbox.“

ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival, Jan 23 2018
Source

via Darren Criss Army

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p314r8gB5b1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss on stage at ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance, Jan 23 2018

Via Stay Park City IG story

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p31gzheizS1ubd9qxo2_400
iznat_images Darren Criss performs at the ASCAP Music Cafe Tuesday afternoon. The musician and songwriter performed original compositions as well as covers. || On assignment for @parkrecord ||

Darren Criss sings “Don’t You” at ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance, Jan 23 2018.
Via gunther_k_ IG story

via Darren Criss Army

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p30w9k3kha1wpi2k2o1_1280
ASCAP: We are all smiles knowing that @DarrenCriss is returning to the #Sundance #ASCAPMusicCafe stage today at 2PM! bit.ly/2DvfkBr

*Located at 751 Main Street, Park City, UT Open to all festival credential holders (21+)

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival (January 23, 2018)

He sounds good!   Wish we had longer videos. 

Young Actors’ Theatre Camp: I mean c’mon @darrencriss ! You are so talented!!!! #CampYATC #DarrenCriss#OneFineDay #Talent

via dcriss-archive

tellomee.x: Yooo! @DarrenCriss was totally killing it at the @ascap lounge  #sundance

via dcriss-archive

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p33fnk5iVQ1wpi2k2o1_1280
marnslondon: Team Park City! Thanks to @ascap & @lorettamunoz for hosting us. Great gigs by @mrhudson @darrencriss @benjodikito @sextonplace & many more! * * * * #mrhudson #darrencriss #johan #ascap #sundance #parkcity

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival (January 22 & 23, 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p37wvgStXT1wpi2k2o1_1280
Singer-actor-performer Darren Criss, who has had a multi-faceted career spanning television, film, music and stage, and who is currently starring in the FX series ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace,’ appeared at the Sundance ASCAP Music Café on Monday, January 22nd. Criss performed songs from his recent EP, Homework (which debuted at #1 on Billboard Heatseekers album chart), and shared the story of his songwriting career. | Source

BroadwayWorld wrote:
Photo Coverage: 2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Café 1/22-1/25

Jan. 26, 2018

Singer-actor-performer Darren Criss, who has had a multi-faceted career spanning television, film, music and stage, and who is currently starring in the FX series “The Assassination of Gianni Versace,” appeared at the Sundance ASCAP Music Café on Monday, January 22nd. Criss performed songs from his recent EP, Homework (which debuted at #1 on Billboard Heatseekers album chart), and shared the story of his songwriting career.

Criss’s performance was just one highlight of Day Four of the Sundance ASCAP Music Café, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary as a key program of the Sundance Film Festival, and which continues to present exciting live performances to filmmakers and festival-goers. . .

. . . Day Five also included return second performances by the multi-talented Darren Criss, who performed songs from his recent #1 chart-topping EP Homework, and Shawn James, a folk-blues troubadour from Chicago with a tour de force voice.

FULL ARTICLE | BROADWAYWORLD.COM

Source:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Photo-Coverage-2018-Sundance-ASCAP-Music-Caf-122-125-20180126

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

2018 Sundance ASCAP Music Cafe at Sundance Film Festival (January 22 & 23, 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p3cnsiBOkp1wpi2k2o1_1280
isitjohan: at Sundance w the homies @mrhudson @darrencriss and brilliant artist @ruellemusic courtesy of @ascap

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

St. Patrick's Day 90s Party (March 17, 2018 at the Roxy in Los Angeles)

From dcriss-archive:

Man, what a wonderful voice--love his tone.

poptartsandfedoras:
JC and Darren Criss perform Tearin Up My Heart at The Roxy on 3/17/18 (via @dccendejas on Twitter)

via dcriss-archive

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p5v2npNph01qe3h8a_500
rockerrick: It’s almost as if we’re a real band #JumperWall #90s #WeLikeToPartyWeLikeWeLikeToParty

rockerrick: So that happened…

via dcriss-archive

Entertainment Tonight wrote:
JC Chasez Belts Out *NSYNC Hits With Darren Criss: Watch!

March 19, 2018

*NSYNC fans who attended Darren Criss’ Los Angeles, California, gig on Saturday were in for a treat as JC Chasez not only turned up onstage, but started belting out some of the group’s biggest hits!

The former boy bander appeared at Criss’ intimate St Patrick’s Day '90s party at The Roxy, where the two delighted the crowd by launching into an acoustic version of *NSYNC’s debut single, “I Want You Back.”

While a long-haired Chasez was in his element taking a rare trip down memory lane, Criss also seemed to be having a blast, strumming along with his guitar and grinning ear to ear as he helped his pal out with backup vocals.

The two also performed the 1997 track, “Tearin’ Up My Heart,” which turned 20 years old in February.

“When you’re Darren Criss, you can call people when you’re eating pancakes this morning and invite them to a '90s party,” Chasez, 41, told the crowd. “And while you’re at it, you have to sing.”

Posted by Bewafa042
Source:  http://www.etonline.com/jc-chasez-belts-out-nsync-hits-with-darren-criss-watch-98646

januaryjones @darrencriss

via dcriss-archive

_stile: This is one of the greatest moments of my life. Thank you @rockerrick. I would say I’m not crying you’re crying but I’m definitely crying. #firstcrush #hisvoiceisbetterthanjustins

via dcriss-archive

koolnirvanaguy: I wore a Nirvana sweater. It was only natural that they play this song. I wore a Nirvana sweater. It was only natural that they play this song.

via dcriss-archive

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5sovxF1m71wpi2k2o1_1280
carlykuhn: I wish every night were a @darrencriss 90s Cover Band night.

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5so9r42Rn1wpi2k2o1_1280
beverlyjrollins: Bestest band in the world! #jumperwall #90s

Thank you dcriss-archive for tagging everyone here.  Bonnie McKee, Este Haim, Mia, Sam Farrar, Ricky Rollins, Suki Waterhouse, Matt Beckley, Abe Burns, Ben Sheehan. 
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5ulc3oHBq1wpi2k2o1_540

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5ulc3oHBq1wpi2k2o2_540

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5ulc3oHBq1wpi2k2o3_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5ulc3oHBq1wpi2k2o4_400

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p5s23bZ8I71wpi2k2o1_1280
icourtk: 90’s night on St. Patty’s Day

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss singing Green Day, Nirvana, and NSYNC at The Roxy, March 17, 2018 via Allison Hagendorf’s Instagram Story

Darren Criss and Mia Swier performing 90s tunes at The Roxy, March 17, 2018 via The Cartorialist Instagram Stories

Darren Criss 90’s St. Patrick’s Day Party at The Roxy 2018
Compilation of Instagram Story videos tagged at The Roxy Theatre , March 17, 2018

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

St. Patrick's Day 90s Party (March 17, 2018 at the Roxy in Los Angeles)

Darren Criss Explains How He and JC Chasez Teamed Up to Sing a Classic *NSYNC Song (Exclusive)TV
When Criss isn’t singing, he’s busy working as an actor, earning rave reviews for his role on ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story,’ which airs Wednesdays on FX.

via dcriss-archive

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's Concert at  El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (Saturday, March 31 , 2018)

This person, Jos Lopez (@Pepe_Ludo), has 10 minute video (part of Teenage Dream, Hopelessly Devoted to You, Cough Syrup):  https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OwxWEnYQNAGQ

Another longer video (9 minutes) by Jos Lopez--a very nice performance by Darren of I Dreamed A Dream, as well as Part of Your World (aw, Darren shared that more than 10 years ago, in 2006/2007, he put his performance of this song on the internet), and also I Don't Mind  :  https://www.pscp.tv/w/1lPKqnRbXkQGb

From Jos Lopez again!   :happy face  Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts.  https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMJgqZmRyPKL

This person, Juan Carlos Garcia,  has a 3-minute video of Hopelessly Devoted to You:  https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdmLkwnaGW

Here's the beginning of Teenage Love.  I love what Darren said about taking that wall down.  https://twitter.com/El_Plaza_/status/980281745219170305 heart heart heart heart

Aw, Somewhere Only We Know.  https://twitter.com/El_Plaza_/status/980291381628416001

From Darren Criss Army:

paulonavac  @darrencriss - Lost boys life. #OneOfMyFavs speak no evil

via Darren Criss Army

I didn't realize it until I googled it right now, but El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City has a capacity of 1,900 people.  That's a good size.  Anyway, some beautiful, close-up pics from Melo Magazine, via Darren Criss Army:
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo2_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo3_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo4_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo5_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo6_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo7_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo8_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hrdqH7Oy1ubd9qxo9_1280

Fotogalería | Darren Criss | El Plaza Condesa.

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hp69xAfi1ubd9qxo1_1280
brianbunny @darrencriss in mexico #darrencriss #glee

More gorgeous, close up pics.  :happy face
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hr1ybK5S1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hr1ybK5S1ubd9qxo2_1280
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hr1ybK5S1ubd9qxo3_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hr1ybK5S1ubd9qxo4_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hr1ybK5S1ubd9qxo5_1280
juagarci #darrencriss @darrencriss en #elplazacondesa #cdmx

I think this translates into English, "Thanks for joining us"?  heart
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hv9gPzFX1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss via @El_Plaza_’s Instagram Story March 31, 2018 Instagram.com/el_plaza

Amazing pics.  :happy face
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo2_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo3_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo4_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo5_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo6_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo7_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo9_1280

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6huxlFjjJ1ubd9qxo10_1280
el_plaza Esta noche @darrencriss ha hecho bailar y suspirar #ElPlaza ¡Gracias por acompañarnos! [camera emoji] @hugotllz

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Empty El Plaza Condesa Concert, 03-31-18 Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:45 am

Oh. My. Goodness. Darren and company were in fine form at the El Plaza Condesa and sounded wonderful!  And what an enthusiastic crowd!  So much love and energy all around the venue! 

This person, Jessica Cardoso ([url=klaine1z1.tumblr.com]klaine1z1[/url] on tumblr) was seated above the floor and is starting to share her great videos.  Her seat seems to be above all of the singing crowd so the video is a bit far away BUT the sound (so far) is mostly clear and lovely!  clapping hands Much better audio than most of the videos I've seen that were taken from the floor.  
Here's what she's uploaded so far: 

1. What A Feeling (partial) 

2. Lost Boy's Life (full song).  

3. Jealousy (full song) Oh how I've missed hearing Darren sing these songs live!  

The Day That The Dance Is Over  I just love this song so much. 

heart Human heart  (partial, but still lovely!) 

6. Sami and Granger Danger  (she's singing along a bit during "Granger Danger" but who can blame her!  I would be doing the same.  lol.)

Love everyone joining in on the chorus.  
"You all look so F**king beautiful."   :big grin
Darren tuning his guitar . . . it's truly a Darren show now!  :amused

ETA:  A few more videos! 

Teenage Dream   :love

Darren sings:  "I know you get me . . . Mexico City . . .'cause we'll take that f**king wall down . . ."
applause  I admire this man so much! 

Hopelessly Devoted to You  :love :love

That's all she's uploaded so far, and I'm off to bed.  I'll check again tomorrow and see what she's posted on her youtube channel and post it here for us to enjoy!   Yea!

Wow . . .Darren Everett Criss . . . He truly gave his all during this concert, didn't he.  (at least in my humble opinion).  She said the concert was just over 2 hours. 

I can't wait to see videos of Chuck and Darren together. And he did "Somewhere Only We Know"! 
Hope we get a nice video of that song too.  (Who am I kidding. I need it all! lol)

Oh, and Hi, Everyone!  Hi there!  
Happy Easter (or Passover)! 
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 CmXHVzg

The previous post was getting long, so I thought I'd start a new post.  I hope that is okay. 

The March 31st set list: 
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6hhqkGjDC1wpi2k2o2_500
X via [url=dcriss-archive.tumblr.com]dcriss-archive[/url]

Cough Syrup

I Dreamed A Dream
Jessica said that just before the video begins, the audience sang "Cielito lindo" (which a translator tells me means "Lovely Sweetheart" which you can look up youtube. I recognized it when I heard it.) to Darren. And that is why he says, "You're making me look bad, okay." at the beginning of the video. Awww. He must have been touched hearing the audience sing that to him. 

And of course he sang . . . Part o Your World   :happy face

Chuck and Darren doing The Damage and their cute bantering before Same Old Situation

Every Single Night

Not Alone 
Jessica's Note: i couldn’t record the beginning ‘cause i was tipping the waiter lol but in short, he’d begun the song and stopped it because something? happened to someone? in the audience and because he’s decent people and all

Yes, Darren is a sweetheart--making sure  everything is okay and asking everyone to take care of each other before going on.  heart

Thank you for posting the links to the great periscopes and beautiful photos above, Poppy! I love that the periscopes include all of the intros and bantering between the songs!  thumbs up  I enjoy those portions more than the actual songs sometimes.  lol.

The 1900 capacity of the venue is a great size.  There seemed to be such great love and energy throughout the venue!   clapping hands

Okay, my eyes are getting unfocused and droopy, so I'm really going to bed now.  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's Concert at  El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (Saturday, March 31, 2018)

Hi Lilikoiluv!   Hi there! So wonderful to see you!   Thank you sooooo much for ALL of your lovely posts!   Such wonderful videos--so clear!   I have only had time to listen to a few, but I'll be back to comment on all of Darren's lovely song performances.  And I always enjoy reading your insightful commentary! :love One thing I can say quickly here before I go to meet up with family, is that Darren sounds sooooooo good.  His voice seems to have grown stronger.  Just lovely.   heart heart heart 

Here are some videos from Darren Criss Source.  There is a lot of singing with the first video (Teenage Dream & Hopelessly Devoted to You), but the other videos have clear audio.    I'll post a few here, but she has a lot of videos (about 14) so go to her YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfti8qV0io06WxcnElYmkqA

Teenage Dream and Hopelessly Devoted to You.  I'm like you Lilikoiluv--I love what he said in Teenage Dream, in terms of his lyric changes that mean so much to his fans in Mexico.  Aw--"I know you get me, Mexico City,"  "so take that f*ucking wall down!"

Hopelessly Devoted to You (very clear audio!).  :happy face

I Dreamed a Dream (he sounds great--great vocals), Part of Your World (lovely), I Don't Mind (so pretty), The Damage (fun), and Same Old Situation (I like Chuck's voice--and Darren and Chuck harmonize so well).

Every Single Night   I'm like you, Lilikoiluv, and I really enjoy Darren's commentary in between songs.  Love what he said at the end of the video, thanking his fans in Mexico for all their love and support, saying he was sorry it took so long to get to Mexico, thanking fans who waited outside so long, that the next song (Not Alone) is a love note to all of his fans.  heart heart heart

Not Alone, Somewhere Only We Know, Going Back to Hogwarts.

Somewhere Only We Know

I need to go, but I just want to quickly comment, thank you, Lilikoiluv, for letting us know about the background where the audience sang "Cielito Lindo" ("Lovely Sweetheart") to Darren.  That is so incredibly touching.  heart   :cry  heart   And thanks for your comments about Darren stopping during "Not Alone" to make sure everyone was ok.  Darren always tries to make sure people are ok--the most important thing to him is to make sure his fans are safe and healthy. heart heart heart

Hi Jeremy! :hello  Yes, thanks again, Lilikoiluv, for taking the time to post all those videos.  And it was so nice of Jessica Cardoso to take the time to post those for all of Darren's fans (and yes, that her seat was above the floor really helped with the audio--haha.  less screaming and singing along. :amused )

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 4 times in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Hello Lilikoiluv and thank you for the videos :happy face

Poppy, I also have the impression his voice got stronger.

Hi, Poppy and Jeremy! :hello

If anyone is around, here's a link to a great livestream to today's concert: 
LINK TO THE LIVESTREAM

I think it's but half done.  Chuck and Darren have just started their part together.
Enjoy!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's Concerts at  El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (March 31 & April 1, 2018)

Thanks for the link to the livestream, Lilikoiluv.  It's so nice of you to post that here.  :hug   And I forgot to say earlier, I hope you also had a nice Easter or Passover, Lilikoiluv, and the same to everyone.  :happy face

It amazes me how much energy Darren has.  To do two 2-hour shows, on back to back nights.  How does he do it?   And I really do think his voice has grown stronger; he just sounds as if he is steadier, has more control, is better able to adjust his tone, has more power (without compromising control).    For me, I can hear the growth the most when I listened to some of his oldies ("Jealousy,"  "Human,"  "Not Alone,"  "Don't You," etc.), as well his favorite Disney song, "Part of Your World," but I also heard it on "I Dreamed A Dream," "Hopelessly Devoted to You," and "Lost Boys Life."  In particular, I found his performance of "I Dreamed A Dream,"  "I Don't Mind,"  "Goin Nowhere" all so beautifully sung, and full of emotion. heart 

THE SATURDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY):

The concerts in Mexico City are over, but I thought I'll post this to show a view of the crowd.

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6io88G1nA1qe3h8a_500

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6io890zrw1qe3h8a_500

Link

via dcriss-archive

Darren Criss & Chuck Criss (Computer Games) live at El Plaza Condesa, March 31, 2018

Darren Criss - I Dreamed a Dream, Part of Your World, I Don’t Mind
Computer Games -The Damage, Same Old Situation

via Darren Criss Army

Not Alone/Somewhere Only We Know/Goin’ Back to Hogwarts - Darren Criss at El Plaza Condesa, March 31, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

I Dreamed a Dream - Darren Criss at El Plaza Condesa

via Darren Criss Army

Computer Games - Every Single Night at El Plaza Condesa, March 31, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

The Day That the Dance Is Over - Darren Criss at El Plaza Condesa

via Darren Criss Army

Teenage Dream/Hopelessly Devoted to You - Darren Criss at El Plaza Condesa, March 31, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss Source posted a YouTube Video from Pepe Ludo's Periscope (10 minutes video) of the Saturday concert.   The audio is clear.  It contains Teenage Dream, Hopelessly Devoted to You and Cough Syrup.

Darren Criss Source

THE SUNDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY):

dcriss-archive posted a YouTube video of the entire concert that took place on Sunday.  There is some screaming, but it's pretty clear still.

Darren Criss Concert at Plaza Condesa (April 1st, 2018) | Source

Source:  Xtian Leon

From Darren Criss Army (THE SUNDAY CONCERT):

Xtian Leon
FULL SHOW available HERE

1. What A Feeling / We Like It (with Chuck)
2. Lost Boys Life (with Chuck)
3. Jealousy
4. Don’t You
5. One Fine Day
6. Cough Syrup
7. Goin Nowhere
8. Human
9. Sami
10. Granger Danger
11. Hopelessly Devoted To You
12. Back To Hogwarts
13. Not Alone
14. I Dreamed A Dream
15. Colors Of The Wind
16. I Don’t Mind
17. The Damage (with Chuck)
18. The City (with Chuck)
19. Every Single Night (with)
20. The Day That The Dance Is Over
21. Foolish Thing
22. Teenage Dream
Source:  Xtian Leon Facebook

The actual/final set list used for the Sunday concert:
Darren Criss Army wrote:
CDMX Darren/CG (Computer Games) show Setlist Thread (FINAL)

1. What A Feeling / We Like It (with Chuck Criss)
2. Lost Boys Life (with Chuck Criss)
3. Jealousy
4. Don’t You
5. One Fine Day
6. Cough Syrup
7. Goin Nowhere
8. Human
9. Sami
10. Granger Danger
11. Hopelessly Devoted To You
12. Back To Hogwarts 
13. Not Alone
14. I Dreamed A Dream 
15. Colors Of The Wind 
16. I Don’t Mind 
17. The Damage (with Chuck Criss)
18. The City (with Chuck Criss)
19. Every Single Night (with Chuck)
20. The Day That The Dance Is Over
21. Foolish Thing #DarrenCrissMx
22. Teenage Dream (yes we’re calling it now, it hasn’t started yet)

This was the planned setlist for the Sunday concert, but as Darren Criss Army noted, Darren dropped a Hedwig Song/Free Falling, and added "Colors of the Wind."  I absolutely adore Darren's version of the songs in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, but it was striking to me to look at the lyrics of "Colors of the Wind," in terms of how the sentiments expressed in "Colors of the Wind" are so very needed  in this current social and political climate under this U.S. national administration.  This song is especially significant in this concert that Darren is having in Mexico--with Darren expressing his love of his fans in Mexico--which is in contrast to how hostile and xenophobic is the Trump administration.   I'm glad for this fan that she was given this setlist.  Crew members are so kind to fans.  heart
CDMX Show # 2 SETLIST

(Oh no he took out a Hedwig song!) :cry

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6jlc3L4H91tz53qh_1280
nini_mags: My first setlist ever and it was from @darrencriss show in my city :heart eyes thank you so much to the crew member who gave it to me. I wish I knew his name  #darrencriss #chuckcriss #computergames

This is amazing footage. 

Yeah we’ll just put this right here…
Not the whole thing but worth it Wink

Source

Source:  rublovelife

via Darren Criss Army

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6jdk90GiE1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren Criss, CDMX, April 1, 2018

lalomateost:   “Cause you make me feel like I’m living a teenage dream… #QueShow #Music #Musica #DarrenCriss #CDMX #Concert #Concierto #Singer #Cantante #TeenageDream

via Darren Criss Army

EDIT: 
Added another close-up video of Darren performing Cough Syrup in the Sunday concert:

Darren Criss singing Cough Syrup
via danesga Instagram #DarrenCrissMx

via Darren Criss Army

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's Concerts at  El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (March 31 & April 1, 2018)

Some more nice videos:

THE SATURDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY)

From dcriss-archive (Saturday concert):

Nice close-up videos with good audio are found in this article.  I'm guessing there is a fan or are some fans of Darren and of Glee on the staff of this website, with their thorough knowledge of Darren's musical history (with the staff of this site stating Darren performed songs from StarKid/AVPM, his early Human EP, Glee, Computer Games's songs (from their Lost Boys Life EP), Darren's recent Homework EP.   (And the writers knew of Darren's duet with Charlene Kaye--"Dress and Tie" and of Darren's very special duet with Kermit the Frog--"Rainbow Connection"--one of my favorite songs that Darren sung.)  Nice article.  Wow, what dedicated fans, lining up at 7 am. 
El Aquelarre wrote:
3 canciones del concierto de Darren Criss en México

April 1, 2018

Darren Criss had a concert this weekend at the Plaza Condesa on CDMX and we know that many fans of Glee, The Assassination of Gianni Versace, the Harry Potter musical, Computer Games and more could not go, we recorded three of his performances .

The concert of Darren Criss in Mexico was a success. And we do not say it only because we love him, but it is true, so much so that the actor of The Assassination of Gianni Versace had only planned to give a concert in CDMX on March 31 and ended up adding another date when the tickets ran out.

The fans, according to what El Aquelarre learned, arrived from 7 in the morning to hang outside the Plaza Condesa (because og general entrance) and were there until 6pm when they opened the doors, and then again standing without moving from their place until 8pm when Darren came out to sing. Yes, Very punctual.

From the beginning, Darren Criss “warned” that he had too many songs to play, and no sooner said than done, the music kept coming, one after another, pleasing the fans of all its facets. He sang songs from his 2010 album, Human, from Glee, from Computer Games - alongside his brother, Chuck - from the musical he wrote about Harry Potter, from his EP of 2017, Homework and even Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid.

Basically what was left missing was Dress and Tie -duet that released with Charlene Kaye and The Rainbow Connection as he played it on the red carpet of the Oscars along with Kermit the Frog in 2012.

Above there are three videos of his performances: Teenage Dream-song which he made his own after making a peculiar piano cover on Glee (a very painful time for all fans of Klaine), I Dreamed A Dream-song from Les Miserables, of which he has an acoustic version on his EP, Homework, and Lost Boys Life from his album with Computer Games, in whose official video stars Gaten Matarazzo from Stranger Things.
Source:  http://www.elaquelarre.com.mx/noticias_elaquelarre/3-canciones-del-concierto-de-darren-criss-en-mexico/

From Darren Criss Army (Saturday concert):

This long video is really nice, close-ups of Darren with good audio:

Darren Criss en México | Videoblog 

Source:  Enterpuzzle/In District/The Smoothie by UC Radio (Enterpuzzle/ EnDistrito/El Batido por UC Radio). 

Comments from Mihaelovich, who posted the YouTube video:
Mihaelovich wrote:I will admit that it was a pleasure and a real experience to meet one of the artists I admire the most, as it turned out to be quite accessible.

via Darren Criss Army

THE SUNDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY)

From Darren Criss Army (Sunday):

I like this close up of Chuck.   I also love his comments.   :happy face

Chuck via Instagram
Customs officer:  Purpose of visit?

Me:  to shred the gnar and ride the lightning.

CO:  oh hell fucking yes. 

via Darren Criss Army

Dianacrisis posted a coupe of nice videos, very close up.

Darren Criss, “Not Alone”, El Plaza Condesa, 1 Abril 2018

Source:  dianacrisis

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss (Computer Games), “What a Feeling”, El Plaza Condesa, 1 Abril

Source:  dianacrisis

via Darren Criss Army

Clips (some very nice close-ups)

Clips of Darren Criss at El Plaza Condesa, April 1, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

From dcriss-archive (Sunday):

Thank you for all your videos, Jessica Cardoso!

Lost Boys Life

Jessica Cardoso

Jealousy

Jessica Cardoso

One Fine Day

Jessica Cardoso

Cough Syrup (part 1)

Jessica Cardoso

Cough Syrup (Part 2)

Jessica Cardoso

Post- Cough Syrup (and Beginning of Going Nowhere)

Jessica Cardoso

Human

Jessica Cardoso

Sami

Jessica Cardoso

Granger Danger

Jessica Cardoso

Hopelessly Devoted to You

Jessica Cardoso

Gotta Get Back To Hogwarts

Jessica Cardoso

Pre- Not Alone

Jessica Cardoso

Not Alone

Jessica Cardoso

I Dreamed A Dream

Jessica Cardoso

Colors of the Wind

Jessica Cordoso

I Don't Mind

Jessica Cardoso

The City?

Jessica Cadoso

The encore preamble.  Darren is so diplomatic (haha.  Because yes!  The singer who is performing should be heard more than a few very loud audience members especially when those audience members sing very loudly off-key).  :happy face

Jessica Cardoso

Jessica Cardoso

The Day the Dance Is Over

Jessica Cardoso

Jessica Cardoso

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's concerts at El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (March 31, 2018 and April 1, 2018)

SATURDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY)

From Darren Criss Army:

Some closeup videos, with very clear audio, from Estefania Lima:

Cough Syrup

Estefania Lima (Mexico City, 31 Marzo 2018)

Hopelessly Devoted To You

Estefania Lima

Going Back to Hogwarts

Estefania Lima

I Dreamed A Dream

Estefania Lima

Somewhere Only We Know

Estefania Lima

I Don't Mind

Estefania Lima

Every Single Night

Estefania Lima

Teenage Dream

Estefania Lima

SUNDAY CONCERT (MEXICO CITY)

gustavocaramon: “ heart heart heart Be my Teenage Dream tonight heart heart heart
#DarrenCrissMx April 1, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6krzjg9YN1ubd9qxo2_1280
Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6krzjg9YN1ubd9qxo1_1280
@DarrenCriss

April 2, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

Some interviews:

Fun interview:
Entrevista Darren Criss - Bla Bla Show

via Darren Criss Army

Segunda parte de la entrevista con Darren Criss - The Bla Bla Show

via Darren Criss Army

Some pics:
Darren Criss Army wrote:Gallery of 21 photos from El Plaza Condesa
Link:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/reconocemx/sets/72157694382863594/with/40440349594/

From dcriss-archive:

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_p6kutnnAQc1wpi2k2o1_1280
charlescriss: not our coche

Darren and Chuck wrote:
Thank you, Mexico City! + Meet and Greet Photos

Hey guys!

We had such an amazing time in Mexico City this weekend! We wish we could play CDMX every single night.

If you didn’t take a photo using your phone at the meet & greet, your photo is available now here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/igy0kHmhX0qufMVy1

Smiles,

Darren & Chuck

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6kotogrw91qe3h8a_500

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's and Chuck's concerts at El Plaza Condesa in Mexico City (March 31, 2018 and April 1, 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

Nice interview.  :happy face
Nylon Espanol wrote:
ENTREVISTA CON DARREN CRISS

Abril 03, 2018

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6m60gWrhq1qe3h8a_500

Fans waiting for him outside his hotel, two concerts completely sold out, leading actor of one of the most shocking series that can be seen today on TV and yet Darren Criss is kind and funny when we arrive. This time he visits Mexico City to present his musical project “Computer Games” with his brother Chuck Criss. This was a bit of what we talked about right before his concert in the capital.

Tell us how you started the Computer Games project with Chuck.

Chuck and I are brothers, we grew up together, we were roommates for years, we always played music while we grew up, basically our day consisted of going to school and then rehearse for a while at home, him on the drums and me with the guitar. After Chuck joined a very good band called “Freelance Whales”, I think the last time he played with them was here actually in Mexico maybe in 2011 more or less.

So we came to a point where we had all these songs and we always wanted to form a band, it was the right time. We are an indie band with a very reserved vision, we do not seek to break the popularity lists or reinvent the wheel, it’s just honest work we do to have fun. We are very fortunate to have people in Mexico and around the world who are interested in our project. This moment is ideal to be an indie artist, you can have a project, launch it to the world and then make a concert with the songs.

The name of “Computer Games” comes from the nostalgia of the 90’s and the legacy of the 80’s to our childhood, we grew up with computer games, and all our music has that feeling of nostalgia.

Do you remember a “Computer Game“ that you always played?

Chuck and I loved playing one that was called “Lode Runner” is a 2D game, where mmmm, it’s hard to explain, because it would be like trying to explain the premise of Mario, if you did not know what Mario Bros is about, you would say “It’s about an Italian guy who jumps around, collecting coins, breaking the necks of some turtles ha ha ha eats mushrooms.

Someone once told me that in fact coffee mushrooms are actually “popo” because Mario is a plumber.

Exactly! Who knows how you can explain to someone? But basically “Lode Runner” was about two guys who had laser guns that fired on the floor, because some evil monks wanted to eat you, so for them to not eat you, you had to shoot a hole in the ground and make them fall… that’s Lode Runner!

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6m60hDM3k1qe3h8a_500

What was the process of choosing Gaten Materazzo as the actor for your video “Lost Boys Life”[b]?[/b]

Gaten is a very good friend, we met Gaten because of the world of Broadway, I met him when he was acting on “Les Miserables” as Gavroche four or five years ago long before Stranger Things, then he came and took part in a festival that I organized in NY “Elsie Fest”, focused on musical theater, and we became friends. In the video we wanted to have a kid that played an adult, and he also has a hair like mine when I leave it long and he’s a fantastic boy.

How do you think the music business will evolve in the future? Because at first we were told that vinyl was a piece of rubbish and that we should switch to the
Compact Disc, before returning to the LP, adding all digital formats that exist?

Who knows … I guess the difference would be if you’re an audiophile or if you don’t understand the quality of the formats. I can recognize the difference between a vinyl recording and a compressed audio file, but most people do not pay attention to that, people notice the emotional charge that a song produces, that’s why you can listen to a terrible recording from 1922 and still be moved by the execution or the lyrics.

I think in the end it reduces the quality of the content, how you want to consume it depends on the person and as long as you encourage people to see a live show by the artist, that’s what is important. Because in the future when the experience becomes something three-dimensional or something new is invented, there can not be a substitute for the human experience which is something surprising.

For example, you can listen to my music without paying absolutely anything on Spotify or bootlegging my record…

So now the draw is to support an artist by buying a ticket to see a concert, a kind of promotion.

Yes, definitely, in some way that is the general idea. At the end of the day, no matter where the music industry ends, it is inevitable that the audience will always want to return to that human contact, that is why now people like to buy records, there is a longing of feeling the material again, I suppose, I know people who buy CDs and believe that it’s retro. There is a nostalgia in it that you can not put on an MP3.

If you could make the soundtrack of your favorite director, who would it be?

Oh, with my music? Wow! Mmmm. All the directors that I like, is because they use very good music, I would not like them to use my music, I think it would take away the coolness of their films. Wes Anderson is famous for having these amazing songs setting his movies. If one day Wes came and ask me for one of my songs I would say "Wes, don’t do that“ I would be flattered but I would not let him ha ha ha.

What was it that made you attend the “march for our lives” on the regulation of arms sales in the United States a few days ago?

Well, it is quite obvious that there is a problem in the legislations in the United States, it’s really frustrating and it makes you feel helpless, but when you see thousands of people who gather to be against something or try to modify the system, it changes your perspective. When society is organized on that scale it is very likely that they will achieve change. And in my case being a public figure, I can help someone that doesn’t know about the subject get information through my social media. But above all it is a solidarity act of support for people who want to make a change.

What do you think of the “Times Up” movement that has recently brought abuses to light in Hollywood? Do you think the same attention is paid to cases that have happened to men?

I think that this or the control of weapons have to be reflected in common sense, it is not necessarily a “women’s movement” it is about equality and treating all people with respect and when these situations become normalized they are simply ignored. Hopefully they can change things.

We’ve seen you in theater, movies…
I want to take this moment to announce my debut in wrestling.

Oh, did you go to the fights?

We went yesterday and it was amazing, I want to announce that I am also going to be a wrestler now. Don’t know if you can help me with the name? I still can’t think of one.

Let me think what do you think of “The crazy speedo”

The “Crazy Speedo” that’s it! Thank you! Maybe you can be my manager?

Tell me about the mini reunion you had last year with your GLEE colleagues at The Flash.

For me it was more a reunion of the University of Michigan than of GLEE. My good friend Carlos Valdes with whom I went to college is also an actor and we composed many songs for musicals together, Carlos was the bassist in that band and ten years later here I am in Vancouver with him, pretending to be Super Heroes. And it’s also good to see Grant and Melissa and how successful they have become.

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performancs for 2018 Tumblr_inline_p6m60hywDD1qe3h8a_500

Link:  https://nylon.com/articles/darrencriss-computergames-acs-versace-chuckchriss-08

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Darren wrote:I want to announce that I am also going to be a wrestler now.

:laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha. :amused   (But no, Darren, please stick to acting and singing.   :happy face )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum