Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

In this thread (also known as a "Topic,")--which I have called the "Darren Appreciation Thread," please select "Post Reply" when you post a message so that the different messages/posts follow each other in one thread.   Thank you!  :happy face

IMPORTANT NOTE:

ANNOUNCEMENT:  DISAPPEARING IMAGES

For anyone reading this forum, there is a problem that popped up in January 2017.  First, I noticed this forum's logo pic disappeared, and then I noticed many pics which I found on tumblr (mostly dailydarrennews), that were posted in this forum in the various threads, disappeared as well.  

Lin has been assisting me and she discovered that Tumblr changed the URL on the images that disappeared.  Lin has arrived at a fix that brings back the images.  She is truly a tech wizard!  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  32445860 festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  2029512208   THANK YOU SO MUCH, LIN!!    I appreciate your help so much!!    festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  1124846457 festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  1124846457 festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  1124846457

UPDATE:

I managed to restore almost all of the missing images from all the threads of the forum.  

There were a few pics that I was not able to restore, primarily in this thread (the Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2016), because the code of the images was unfamiliar to me (the code did not seem to be based on tumblr images).   If I was unable to restore images in your post, I will leave a note saying this in your post.

I apologize for the missing pics.    If you are a member, you may click on the links to see the images from their various sources.   If I missed some images, feel free to PM me, and I will try to see if I am able to restore the images. 

To current members:  If you see some of the images in your posts have disappeared, this is most likely why.  If you see I have edited any of your previous posts, it is because I am applying Lin's fix to your post, to restore the missing images in your post.

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 am; edited 17 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Nice pic of Darren with a big smile.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_smile

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6iupkpURn1uetdyxo1_500
From friday night - April 28, 2016 | 
"Darren Criss!  Such a nice guy.festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_smile"
Source

A nice pic of Darren with Tom Hiddleston.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6jh1afTOv1uetdyxo1_500
Tom Hiddleston and Darren at the Bloomberg & Vanity Fair cocktail reception - April 30, 2016 | Source

Darren went to see
Dear Evan Hansen with Jenna.  Darren's U of Michigan friends, Pasek and Paul wrote the music. 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6j6spIg7V1uetdyxo1_500
Jennaushkowitz: Thanks @darrencriss for making me your date tonight to this superb new musical with the most incredibly talented cast and crew… the most gorgeous music from @benjpasek and @justinpaulmusic and a remarkable performance by @bensplatt who left everything he had on the floor of that stage. I love theatre. ❤️

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6k3jqbwAL1uetdyxo1_500
University of Michigan alums Jessica Fontana, Darren Criss, and Andrew Keenan-Bolger congratulate fellow grads Benj Pasek and Justin Paul on their opening night.
(© David Gordon)    TheaterMania

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6k3jqbwAL1uetdyxo2_500
Darren Criss at the off-Broadway opening of Dear Evan Hansen | theatermania

Darren with another Glee alum, Laura Dreyfuss.

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_inline_o6l2weGywu1qbex9s_400

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6kr3jaMtP1uetdyxo2_500

Dear Evan Hansen Opening Night - May 1, 2016 | Playbill.com

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.playbill.com%2Fe0%2F99%2Fe95cf95a462fa7e4e00d9fb169e5%2Fjenna-ushkowitz-adam-betsey-wolfe-leslie-odom-jr-darren-criss-nicolette-robinson-odem-griffin-matthews-matt-gould-glikas
Jenna Ushkowitz, Adam, Betsy Wolfe, Leslie Odom Jr., Darren Criss, Nicolette Robinson Odem, Griffin Matthews and Matt Gould.    Playbill

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6ptlcUQJV1uetdyxo1_500
@BetsyWolfe: @DarrenCriss & I still cant…anything! @CynthiaEriVo @IAMJHUD @thedanieb @BwayColorPurple Jawdroppingly brilliant!

Darren and Alexander Sharp also saw Jesse Tyler Ferguson in Fully Committed on Broadway.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_smile  I love the mutual support between Darren and Jesse.  Reed Campbell also attended. 

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6shmvXbnn1uetdyxo1_500
jessetyler: I obsessed over these two last season on Broadway. So touched that they came to check out @fullybroadway tonight! Thanks for coming @alexanderiansharp1 & @darrencriss!

So Darren's in Indonesia, attending the Da Man Anniversary Celebration.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_smile    He is their special guest.  I still remember their photo shoot early on when Darren first started on Glee.  Ah, memories!

From dailydarrennews:

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70q57oL9g1uetdyxo1_500

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70q57oL9g1uetdyxo2_r1_500

joy_magazine: #JOYCELEB: siapa yang penggemar Blaine dari @gleeonfox ? @darrencriss tampil prima dalam acara #DAMAN9th.

Here are some photo sets of the Da Man photo shoot in 2011.    More photos at AdorkableDarrenCriss

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o1_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o2_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o3_250

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o4_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o5_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o6_250

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o7_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o8_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_m641i5Vbr31qdr2k0o9_250
anthony-stark
via AdorkableDarrenCriss

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total

3festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Darren at Da Man Anniversary Party Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrrennews:

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o710w57K1q1uetdyxo1_500
ronaldliem: At @daman_magazine anniversary party with our special guest @darrencriss and our event partner @irwanmussry . Thank you Darren for joining us all the way from LA and to Irwan who had been a friend and supporter to #damanmagazine from day one

Some pics with others attending who met Darren and their nice comments:

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70rxt9yDu1uetdyxo1_500
ben.nainggolan: Congratulations Daman Magazine on the 9th anniversary. Thank you for the humble guy @darrencriss for the moment. #darrencriss #glee #daman #daman9th #jakarta #indonesia #party

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70s6ywioi1uetdyxo1_500
ronzstagram: Thank you so much for the very short interview and your superkindness, Darren! See you again! #fans #glee #gleek #byelife #imdone

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70vaa4LQY1uetdyxo1_500
dramaprincess: With the star of the evening @darrencriss - one of the nicest guys I’ve met. #glee #daman9th #party #fangirlmoment

This was a cute message.

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70sne6gw41uetdyxo2_500

je.ariel: Ariel by name with the Ariel by voice.. Omg, finally met you!

This was an understandable reaction to locking eyes with Darren.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_biggrin

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70umghFtO1uetdyxo1_500
ciscabecker: Tonight I got to lock eyes and chat with Darren Criss, aka Blaine Anderson! I was trying so hard to keep my inner Gleek from bursting out and going all fan-girl batshit crazy on him. Of course I failed miserably. #blaineanderson #gleek #DaMan9th

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70vm29iQC1uetdyxo1_500
Ron: “Hey Darren, oh my God sorry I’m shaking right now. I’m a fan. But let me begin the interview first before I ask you to sign for me,”
Darren: “Ow, thank you! It’s fine!”
For a split second I can’t believe this is actually happening. I’m interviewing Darren Criss! Glee star, Broadway actor, singer, composer, Emmy Awards winner! | Source

And I remember photographer Mitchell McCormack for the Da Man Photoshoot long ago.

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o70m0ojCCM1uetdyxo1_500
dramaprincess: Today’s lunch buddies! @ronaldliem @mitchellmccormack @darrencriss - what a treat to spend time with you guys today! See you soon at the @daman_magazine #anniversary #party ! #daman9th co-hosted by @intimestore and @tudorwatch

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

4festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Young Actors Theater Camp Thu May 12, 2016 3:28 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren is receiving the "Inspiration Award" from the Young Actors Theatre Camp.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Icon_smile

Enlarge this image
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o6m76jrUxf1uetdyxo1_500
Young Actors’ Theatre Camp Masquerade Gala - May 21, 2016 in San Francisco
Source | More info on their Facebook (Darren’s info isn’t up on it yet though)

via yanks02: Darren will not be attending this event.

Darren recorded a video congratulating a young man called Paul DeVincenzo about Paul's role in a short film.   Here is the video with Darren's message to Paul.  The video is posted by Young Actors Theatre Camp, which is located in the San Francisco bay area.

Young Actors Theatre Camp

And here is the companion video that is really heartwarming, where you see Paul's sweet reaction to Darren's video. 

Young Actors Theatre Camp

I remember that Darren had visited the Young Actors Theatre Camp in 2011.    Enjoy this video of him performing Teenage Dream.  :happy face

5festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Da Man Anniversary Celebration- May 2016 Mon May 16, 2016 2:35 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

More pics of Darren with fans at the Da Man Anniversary Celebration in Indonesia.  There are many more pics at dailydarrennews.  I just wanted to post some of the pics that I liked, many of which had some nice messages.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o71z40ojFD1uetdyxo2_250
With the super nice @DarrenCriss #DAMAN9th #DarrenCriss
Source

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o71z40ojFD1uetdyxo5_250

rizkypepew

WHAWHAWHA LAST NIGHT WAS UNBELIEVABLE I MET BLAINE IN PERSON   

Thank you @darrencriss, you're so humble and super kind.  Am a big fan of ya!

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o72icf3tfu1uetdyxo3_250

iaszzWhoa! Met the gorgeous @darrencriss last night! As one of the #gleeks , this opportunity is one in a lifetime moment! I thank @daman_magazine for this precious time and of course @tantodjuhartono for the invit :big grin

Some nice pics of Darren:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o72f8cjbCs1uetdyxo5_r1_1280

[UHQ]  Darren Criss at DaMan Magazine’s 9th Anniversary Party | source

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o72g3ue3kU1uetdyxo1_500

HQ | Darren Criss at DaMan’s Anniversary Party on May 11th, 2016  | source

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o76gf3sEpc1uetdyxo1_500

putriarstr: Thanks Lord, It was unbelievable to met my teenage dream @darrencriss after doing my flight. Im a big fan of you! so warm and humble plus very kind to taking this selfie for me. Best of luck for you Blaine! #Gleeks #blessedbeyondword

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o77sqtxpIO1uetdyxo1_500
innurandall: So unbelievable. I’m with @darrencriss at @seminyakvillage . Thanks for the selfie. That’s very kind of you Blaine from Glee. #darrencriss #blaineanderson #glee #bali #seminyak #hedwigandtheangryinch #indonesian #gleek

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

6festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Darren's Schedule Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule

May 16                       "Maize & Blue" on Broadway.  Tickets.

June 3, 4 & 6:             The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl.   Tickets

*October 4-30:           Hedwig and the Angry Inch at SHN Golden Gate Theatre (SF)  Tickets

**Nov 1-27:               Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.)    Tickets
                                     (currently only available for season packages)

Darren will be absent from some of the Hedwig and  the Angry Inch shows.

*For the San Francisco shows, Darren will be absent on these dates:    Wednesday matinee, October 5 at 2pm, and Wednesday evenings, October 12, 19 and 26 at 8pm. | Source

**For the Los Angeles shows, Darren will be absent on these dates:    Sunday, November 6th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 13th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 20th at 6:30pm, & Friday, November 25th at 8:00pm.  Source

Darren should be at the Maize & Blue show on Broadway tonight.  Hope we get some pics and videos.  :happy face

7festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty "Gleego" Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is adorable.  Lego Blaine!  :big grin

A mix of Darren and Blaine:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o0v4zr1Cuq1tzb2k3o1_500
My Not Alone tee was barely out of the bag and LEGO Blaine Warbler set up a stage on it. Amazingly, he remembered all the lyrics! Hehehe.
hellomaleka

haha!
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o5udq8Wnm31tzb2k3o1_500
In honor of tonight’s Supergirl season finale and tomorrow’s return of The Flash – Barry and Kara team up to visit McKinley High School on Earth-3 in search of the elusive (or not so elusive) Nightbird.
hellomaleka

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o5w5fpmcHw1tzb2k3o1_500
Part 2 of the Search for Nightbird on Earth-3: Looks like they’ve found Nightbird… or did they?
hellomaleka

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

8festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Darren vacationing in Indonesia Sat May 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some nice pics of Darren relaxing in Indonesia.   I'm sure he had lots of fun, as well as rest and relaxation.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

Look how broad Darren's shoulders look in this pic.  Working out for Hedwig?  
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7ig8mLYst1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
From Mitchell Mccormack’s snapchat

I like how squinty Darren's eyes are in this pic.   That means he's happy (or the sun is in his eyes. :amused ).   I saw a funny comment on a blog (yanks02 ), that Darren should enjoy the chest hair while he can.  :laughing   Once he's in Hedwig, . . .
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7igsucwry1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
[source]

Another cute smile:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7jmga7MTu1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
moriokamizukiHello: Darren Criss! Thank you for flying with China Airlines ✈️

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I cannot express how very relieved I am that DCN (darrencriss-news) is available again!!!    bow to you      :bravo     Thank goodness!   Alex's site is such an invaluable resource of Darren's past activities.  In the past, when I needed something, I would just search the tags.   But without DCN, . . .   :cry    confused  

I do feel bad that he is carrying the financial burden alone for maintaining the site/reserving the domain.    I sent in an "ask" to him if he would like us to send donations (maybe via PayPal?).   I would be happy to help, and I'm sure other Darren fans who could afford it would feel the same way.

Here's a nice pic of Darren.  I really like his outfit.    I'll put it in the photos (past) thread too.   I don't remember what year this was taken or for what occasion (fashion show attendance?). 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_nbygmfOyzo1qjwm18o1_500

sararye:
OK NO YOU KNOW WHAT I’M SO SICK OF THIS BULLSHITHOW IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I THINK I’VE SEEN THIS MAN AT THE PEAK OF HIS ATTRACTIVENESS THAT THERE IS NO WAY HE CAN LOOK BETTER THAT ANOTHER GODDAMN PICTURE POPS UP WHERE HE LOOKS BETTER HOTTER SEXIER SCRUFFIER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN EVER SEEN BEFORE WHEN WILL HE STOP

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total

10festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Elsie Fest 2016 Tue May 24, 2016 12:25 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nfbvC65C1uetdyxo1_500
Elsie Fest Update

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo2_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo3_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo4_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo5_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo6_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo7_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo8_500
Additional info About Elsie Fest 2016 from Ricky

Just to put things into perspective, it will be the beginning of June next week.   But last year, Elsie Fest was not announced by Darren until August 14, 2015.   See below:

"New York, I've missed you already. I'm coming back for a one night stand in September. Official announcement coming this Tuesday."
@DarrenCriss

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

11festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Pic Thu May 26, 2016 1:35 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Tomek Miernowski is a friend of Darren.  I believe that he was in Darren's band for the Listen Up Tour and also at Elsie Fest.  Not sure if he is from U of Michigan, although I think he is.   This instagram is from Tomek.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7rcghWR5W1uetdyxo1_500
tmierno  A young Hollywood actor brunches in the West Village. 2016, Canon AE-1.

Here is a pic of Tomek with Darren backstage after a Hedwig show on Broadway. 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_nrnywmODUs1r4gxc3o1_500
tmierno: Yeeeaaaaa!!!!!! This kid had me beaming with pride. Something tells me @darrencriss may hit the big-time someday…. [July 17, 2015]

12festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Off-topic: Red Nose Day! Thu May 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's Red Nose Day! Which is to help raise funds for programs that fight poverty among children (domestically and internationally). The TV special airs on NBC tonight, 9 pm ET

Darren showed his support last year for Red Nose Day.  :happy face

Pics from last year (thank you DCN):

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_noqaq2QKg21r4gxc3o1_500
carlyfoulkes: Once a clown. Always a clown. @darrencriss #RedNoseDay

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_noqd1h4b9z1r4gxc3o1_500

Source

via darrencriss-news

13festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty The Little Mermaid and miscellaneous news Sat May 28, 2016 11:40 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

An article in OC Register about The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl. 

"Concert Version of 'The Little Mermaid' will pack them in at the Hollywood Bowl"

"Darren Criss knew people adored the animated Disney musical 'The Little Mermaid,' but the announcement recently of a special live version at the Hollywood Bowl – with Criss as Prince Eric, the human love interest of the mermaid Ariel – really drove home that point, he says.

'Of all the things I’ve ever done, whether it was a show on Broadway or a tour, I have never in my short career had my email, phone and all my connective tissue to the outside world be so saturated and blown up as the day that thing got announced,' says the 29-year-old singer and actor known by many for his role as Blaine Anderson on 'Glee.'

'People love – LOVE – "The Little Mermaid." Big, bold letters, underlined.'

[…] Criss expressed similar sentiment for a movie that meant and still means so much to him he apologized several times for not being able to express himself as well as he wanted.

'I grow inarticulate in trying to make clear how big of a (bleepin’) deal that movie is to guys like me,' Criss says. 'I remember trying to write a bio for the program for this and it was hard for me to encapsulate how significant that movie is to my life without sounding hyperbolic or too cheeseball.'

How big a fan is Criss of 'Little Mermaid' and the Disney musicals? At college in Michigan he used to play Disney songs during brunch at a local cafe, and one day – well, let’s let him tell it.

'So of course I’m playing "Part Of Your World" (from "Little Mermaid") and Alan Menken just walks in,' Criss says. 'And part of me was just, "Oh, sorry, man, I’m so sorry," because you know I’m playing it in my own style.'

Menken apparently didn’t mind: 'He gave me a hundred dollar bill,' Criss says.

'Not only did it change the cultural landscape, but for my generation it’s basically our "Frozen,’'' he says. 'The one mutual friend we all have is the Little Mermaid.'"
OC Register

Looks like Darren is doing his best to stay in shape for Hedwig)? 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7td7hwQ3k1qbool4o1_500
alliecohen: Love having @darrencriss in class– he always brings his “A” game– this is #post @barrysbootcamp #abs day!

Have some Darren from 2010 and Darren in 2016.   He looks good in both pics.  I like his hair more in the 2016 (but love his Harry Potter look in the 2010 pic  :amused ).
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7utieos151uetdyxo1_500
See the Cast of ‘Glee’ on Their First Red Carpet Vs. Now!
 It’s hard to believe that Glee’s been off the air for an entire year! And even harder to believe that it first premiered seven years ago!
Most of the cast walked their very first red carpet around the time the show debuted in 2009, but other’s were in the spotlight before the series started.

Darren and Mia are at the BottleRock Napa Valley Festival 2016 (in California).    They have a huge line up of music artists, new and legends of the past.    bottlerocknapavalley

Cute pic of Darren and Mia. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7v9f9pidp1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
MiaVonGlitz: In da houseee tonight. #bottlerock

Aw, I laughed at this video of Darren being his fun-loving, music-loving self.  It even made my husband laugh.  Wish I could embed the instagram video from Darren.  But here's the link to his instagram:    darrencriss instagram video #1

And another cute video from Darren's instagram, of him singing and playing piano, somewhere near the Bottlerock festival.  darrencriss instagram video #2

And Darren, being the polite person that he is, thanking the cafe.  :thank you
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wlvvhpWH1uetdyxo1_500

And a Warbler (season 2-the originals) reunion at the festival!   Yea!  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wu3hPXw71uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Sweet sweet reunion @rikerr5
@rikerR5: Repost: @DarrenCriss sweet sweet reunion

And Darren sharing the fun at the festival with fans via social media. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wj47eyrX1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: I felt it all over. Stevie Wonder is one of the greatest living artists ever. Period. What a joy to behold @bottlerocknapa

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wjewO1MA1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wjewO1MA1uetdyxo2_500

And Darren supporting Chad of A Great Big World, with this gorgeous song and video.    Did you know that Chad shared with the world that he has MS?   I wonder if this song is related to this song.   No way to know, but it's a beautiful song.  (Edit:  The message posted with the youtube video indicates it is related to Chad's refusal to just give up, MS or not.) 

Another "thank you" from Darren, this time to Da Man.  I love how considerate he is. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wh5aB4Pg1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Still catching back up on sleep from a great Jakarta/Bali trip. I have @daman_magazine to thank for the good times and a warped sleep cycle! #daman #daman9th shoutout to @mitchellmccormack and @ronaldliem for finally making it happen after all these years. Mia and I had a great time.

Nice to see Telly and Adam Shankman's support, and that Heather Morris is following Darren. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wp6ySg4R1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wp6ySg4R1uetdyxo2_500
Photo

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7wshiYBIj1uetdyxo1_500

Kenyan Boys Choir, Demi Lovato and Darren Criss - Skyscraper at WEDAY 2013

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

14festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty BottleRock Festival 2016 Mon May 30, 2016 12:52 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

More pics of Darren at the BottleRock Festival.

Some pics of him with fans.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7x1e2yCqg1uetdyxo1_500
taylor.bragg so I danced with @darrencriss and then he took me to meet @nicholaspetricholas and the rest of @walkthemoonband. did that really happen? #bottlerock

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7x2nbNhGh1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
litratista OMG | EPIC! @darrencriss @bottlerocknapa

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7xrnbnsQU1uetdyxo1_500

hbacon0806: I just met Nicholas Petricca from Walk the Moon and Darren Criss from Glee! Day 2 was amazing! @walkthemoonband @gleeonfox @darrencriss #bottlerock

Like the big smile from Darren in this pic.  :biggrin.png:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7y4ozgx4m1uetdyxo1_500
nadiakjimenez: Guess who I saw at Bottlerock

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7x1xtufvT1uetdyxo1_500
alixbehrens Hanging out with my Glee boyfriend Darren Criss.   #blaineanderson #glee

And a nice pic with Mia and Charlene.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o7y4s0x3s11uetdyxo1_500

charlenekaye: Squinting budz at Bottlerock last night

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So Darren is selling a new T-shirt through Represent.com (the same site that we were able to get the "Not Alone" t-shirt).  

It's a cute shirt, with Darren's cute 16-year old face.  A portion of the proceeds will go to a good cause, Musicians On Call.

And one of the things I love about Darren, is how much he is comfortable with himself.  He simply embraces himself as he is.  He whole-hardheartedly embraces his inner dork (and in this case, his outer dork, as his face on a t-shirt).   Come on, he has to, since he has his sweetly funny 16-year old face (which he described as love-sick over Ariel) on a t-shirt for other people to wear.  It's both amusing and touching, especially given that part of the proceeds will go to a wonderful cause, Musicians On Call.  :thank you

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o8231f4XNG1uetdyxo1_500
@DarrenCriss: Going live on https://facebook.com/darrencriss soon to take Disney requests and talk #thelittlemermiad

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o823gvAoKA1uetdyxo1_500

Buy a limited edition Darren Criss Tee on Represent.com

So I missed all the excitement of the Live Stream.  I snoozed, so I losed (and that's not a real word).    But thank goodness Darren made a video on his Facebook (and thank you dailydarrennews for posting it on Youtube!)!

He cracked me up at the beginning of the video, when he was talking about his photo on the t-shirt:

"This is a picture of me my sophomore year of high school . . .  This is me at like 15, 16 years old . . .  saying 'I'm in Love with a Teenage Mermaid,' because that's exactly the look on my face that I would have said that with, when I was 16, and it's still the same expression on my face when I'm basically almost 30."   ha!  giggle   :laughing

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am; edited 4 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Another opportunity to win tickets to see Darren in the The Little Mermaid on June 6 (Monday) at the Hollywood Bowl, via 97.1 AMP Radio

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o83viv35mX1uetdyxo1_500
Link

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Littlemermaid1

"This week during the Daly Download, Carson Daly is hooking you up with tickets to see The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl on June 6th!

To win, listen at 7 & 9am for the Top 5 most downloaded songs in LA/OC. When you’ve got them all, call us at 877-971-HITS(4487). If you’re the correct caller, you win!

Don’t want to wait to win? Click here to purchase tickets!"

Darren once again showing his desire to encourage young people to vote for issues that are important to them.

MTV Asks: What will you elect in 2016?

A couple of pics with fans, with their nice messages about Darren.

Pic from the Da Man Anniversary Celebration:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o831sxGEcR1uetdyxo1_500
danieelsign: With an Awesome actor, songwriter and singer @darrencriss on DAMAN Anniversary.. #blaineanderson #darrencriss #damanmagazine #damananniversary #daman9th #glee #gleek #artist #musical #latepost #dailylife #dailypic #gleecast

Pic from the BottleRock Festival

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o8317upwrg1uetdyxo1_500

taylor.bragg: if only you guys knew what happened right before this photo was taken @darrencriss
@tay_bragg: @DarrenCriss aka pretty much the nicest person I’ve ever met. thanks for being so cool this weekend

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Update on the auction held by Charity Buzz.

The auction closed at $2,250 (over the $1,500 estimated value).    The proceeds go to Musicians on Call.

Yea!   So wonderful that some more funds were earned for this worthy cause.  Also, congrats to the highest bidder, for the 2 free tickets to The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl, on June 6, AND for being able to meet Darren backstage that night!  I'm guessing you must be quite pleased.   festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  3295213406   festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  1127359041

Thanks for posting! I forgot to keep an eye on the auction and was wondering what the final bid was.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Thanks for posting! I forgot to keep an eye on the auction and was wondering what the final bid was.

Hi Lin! 

Yes, I was curious what the closing bid would be.  I was pleasantly surprised that the closing bid went over the estimated value of $1,500.  Yea!    :happy face

20festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Empty Pic and a hilarious conversation Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews,

Nice tweet from Mia, with very cute photo-comparison to Prince Eric and Ariel.  :amused 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87h5iI2qO1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87h5iI2qO1uetdyxo2_500

And Darren posted an instagram with an attached photo that started a funny conversation with his pals, Tyler Oakley (love their friendship), Luke Edgemon (a Glee connection, and who has such a wonderful singing voice of his own, was on The Voice), cute and talented Kevin McHale and Justin Mikita (who happens to be the husband of Jesse Tyler Ferguson).

dailydarrennews captured this humorous exchange.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87fb8cebj1uetdyxo1_400
darrencriss I generally keep to myself when it comes to fitness & social media but whatevs dude I’ve been a certifiable Barry’s addict for a while now and I wanted to shoot some love… Fun exciting weekend ahead of me- so gettin it started right with @alliecohen & @barrysbootcamp. Love the workout, love the community!

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87gfsNZcU1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo2_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo3_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo4_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo5_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo6_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo7_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo8_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo9_500

Darren’s IG Post | Luke Edgemon’s GIF

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum